[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steel core bullets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 10eijwm.jpg (19KB, 265x320px) Image search: [Google]
10eijwm.jpg
19KB, 265x320px
Hello /K/. I’m trying to help my buddy out to find dealers who sell steelcore bullets. So he works as a tester and handloader for company that manufacturers ceramic trauma plates. Recently his ties to the east have dried up cause of the political situation so he can’t order any steelcore bullets. He tried to contact Lapua and they said “kek, we don’t do that sort of stuff. Only tungsten core or something”.

What he needs is a .30 caliber mild steel core bullets with or without (not my barrel :^)) protective jacket. He can’t just buy some crappy eastern block cartridges and disassembly them for bullets. he needs a certification because of standards, documentation etc.

Could you guys provide some companies that manuafator these sort of bullets. Preferably in the Euro zone cause the legal paper work would be easier to handle. He has all the legal paper work in order.

Thanks

-Some asshole who tries to help his buddy out.
>>
>>33866181
Doesnt MEN out of The German Islamic Caliphate use steel core in their projectiles?
>>
>>33866286
Don't know about that cause I and my friend live in Finland, but if you could point a Islamic company inside Germany that makes this sort of crap I would really appreciate it
>>
>>33866181
NAMMO dumbass. They aren't going to supply you with shit, nor will any of the others (Carl Gustav, RUAG/GECO) because they sell in the millions of rounds lots.
>>
>>33866362
They were willing to supply us with the tungsten core solution but that was not what we were after. You could buy Bulk loads from Lapua directly but minimum is 5k. I'm not trying to pick a fight here.
>>
File: steel cores collage.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
steel cores collage.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33866181
>What he needs is a .30 caliber mild steel core bullets
May I ask why he's after mild steel cored bullets?
After all, they're anything but AP. But I guess they do slightly better because they can retain their shape instead of bending/breaking in softer stuff. But they'll fail bigtime vs any steel that's actually made to be hard unless it's super thin.
Pic related demonstrates both. Some vs my hard steel, some vs thick ice where they could practically be shot again.
>>
Nevermind. You did mention why he needed them.
Was up way too early today, still not thinking straight.
>>
>>33866557

Just a guess, but since he works for a ceramic trauma plate manufacturer, they are intentionally looking for the shittiest thing that will meet the standard for "stopping a steel/metal core bullet".

Whatever standard they are using must not require actual AP ammo.
>>
>>33866557
>>33866741
Op here. To be honest I think you both are right. He mentioned that he will try to replicate typical "east block ak round" which is kind of stupid excuse cause then he could just buy whole cartridges directly, which are still some what easy to get. I'm thinking he will load the cartridges to the lowest Joule limit and use those. Fucking to consumer in the ass. Tough the company makes different kind of plates and they are manufactured to the clients specs.

I met one of these sales people on a security trade show. The guy was bragging how the new traumaplate would stop ALL 7,62 rounds which I asked to clarify:
>7,62 x 25; 7,62 x 39; 7,62 x 54r... all of them. It will stop all of them
didn't ask would it stop a .300 norma magnum loaded hot as shit or some .30 super wildcat.
>>
File: Military Calibers.jpg (1MB, 2289x2019px) Image search: [Google]
Military Calibers.jpg
1MB, 2289x2019px
>>33867025
>The guy was bragging how the new traumaplate would stop ALL 7,62 rounds
I guess I'd automatically assume he meant the most prolific military rounds up to 308/54r that aren't specifically armor piercing. I'd never make any assumptions past that.
On my steel, 223/556's speed makes it penetrate infinitely better than soft steel cored 54r that just flattens like my previous picture.
>>
>>33866340
Try RUAG or MEN in Germany for all your ammo needs.
>>
>>33867322
is 22lr a mil caliber? Can we invade them next.
>>
>>33868242
I guess I didn't cut that out. whatever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.