[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought an XD9. How badly did I fuck up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 20170504_205756.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170504_205756.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Just bought an XD9.

How badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>33863589
Springfield aside, you literally bought the worst ducking striker fired Tupperware brand gun on the market.

A fucking grip safety on a NotGlock.
It's like a Glock but without any of the redeeming qualities.
>>
TRAITOR
>>
File: 1911.jpg (92KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
1911.jpg
92KB, 500x712px
>>33863589

Return it for a Walther PPQ or CZ P10C.
>>
>>33863589
Congratulations anon, I would have waited a bit for the price to come crashing down but if you're happy then who cares?
>>
>>33863608
A grip safety doesn't bother me since I use 1911s.

What's wrong with XDs aside from the stiker retainer pin? (which I replaced with a after market Scroll pin)

>>33863609
I bought it before the whole politics issue occurred. (10 day waiting period)
>>
>>33863589
I know we hate Springfield now, but my friend has had a .45 XD for a couple years and it's a nice gun in my opinion. Not something I want to own treason issues aside, but it shoots well and seems reliable from what he says.
>>
>>33863633
I got it bwcause of the promo, but I see where you're coming from.
>>
>>33863589
B8
>>
>>33863642
It's got the same shit as a Glock (horrible Ergos, terrible sights, FUCKING AWFUL trigger, lack of an external hammer (just my preference though)) but without the excellent aftermarket to fix all those things and it uses proprietary magazines.

As previously stated: it's a Glock but with none of the redeeming qualities.
I shot one once and couldn't get it out of my hands fast enough.
>>
>>33863657
It isn't b8, the receipt is dated.
>>
>>33863642
>10 day waiting period
California? The whole political thing sucks because SA was one of the few companies that still actively marketed and sent guns for testing here in CA to stay on the DOJ roster.

Oh shit, they really are collaborators.
>>
>>33863664
>horrible ergos
That's entirely your opinion, feels better than a Glock to me seeing how it isn't blocky.

>terrible sights

They're regular 3 dot sights, the fuck is your problem? Also they're steel sights instead of polymer ones.

>awful trigger

Bullshit, the trigger is equal if not superior to my Glock 19.

>proprietary mags

Oh wow you mean like literally every pistol on the market???
>>
>>33863693
Does that make Glock, Sig, and S&W a collaborator as well?
>>
File: 1492749237868.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492749237868.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>paid nearly $500 for an XD
>>
>>33863719
It's $439 (excluding tax) and it comes with 6 mags and a pistol and mag holster.

Pretty good deal to me
>>
>>33863695
The one I shot had some particularly nasty sights.

Maybe they've swapped sights, maybe it was something the dude did to his own gun.

And having shot both a 19 and an XD, the Glock is better in terms of the trigger.

Proprietary magazines are a pain in the ass.
It's not like they're everywhere like, say, SIG or M&P mags (they have more of those magazines than hey have people where I am)
You have to hunt and when you can find them they're usually a good bit more.
Unless you have a nice online source the mags are more expensive than others.

As I said earlier.
A Glock, but none of the benefits.
And, you know, it's made by Springfield and shit.
>>
>>33863739
>A Glock, but none of the benefits.
>And, you know, it's made by Springfield and shit.

100% this. They pretty much looked at the Glock and said "hmm, how could we make it worse?"
>>
>>33863702
S&W has pulled out of the CA market and sig is on its way out as well. Ruger only has a limited line here but it's mostly revolvers.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-04-21-22-26.png (119KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-04-21-22-26.png
119KB, 720x1280px
>>33863739
>mags are expensive

Hmm interesting argument there.

>>33863758
I'm still waiting for a list of things that Springfield does worse than a Glock that aren't opinion.
>>
>>33863608
This guy knows actually nothing, and thinks a grip safety is the devil.
>>
>>33863792
Sights, the trigger, and the magazine cost (no, a sale does not count; there are sales on Glock mags that have sent six magazines with the gun before)
I've been over this a thousand fucking times.

And the grip safety, that fucking awful grip safety.
It has that stupid fucking donkey dick trigger safety, and hey they also thought "hey, let's add a fuckig grip safety because THAT was the ONE feature everybody LOVED about the 1911"
>>
>>33863695
This. That guy is just a faggot that looks to complain

>>33863719
>paid the going rate for a reliable machine
Ftfy
>>
>>33863888
>same shit trigger as glock
>same trigger satefy
>better sights, I can hit mine 100+ yards on a 1'6" wide target reliably
>grip safety literally is a benefit, and if it's not then pin it.
You people are just crying because papa SA doesnt like you
>>
>>33863897
>we all offer anecdotal opinions on a firearm because OP asked for it
>I present why it is the most awful gun ever made
>XDfags defend it not by disproving it but offering their opinions and a picture of a sale that doesn't disprove anything; it just proves that gun companies offer sales.
>then I get called a faggot who likes to complain

Ok then.
Nice thread you all have here.
Can you spare a moment to talk about how you all helped fund a bill to fuck over Illinois?
Shit taste in guns aside, you all seem to be able to disregard andytjing that anyone could ever dislike about your gun just because you feel an irrational need to defend your purchase.
Their triggers as a result of the grip safety (please note this means the stock trigger on both Glocks and XDs) are worse than that of a Glocks.

Their fiber optic inserts are shit compared to almost any other handgun I have shot that was made post 1990.

And their aftermarket is completely worthless.
Short of simply purchasing it to have a gun that's a striker fired pistol that is NOT a Glock, there really is no justification for this firearm.
>>
>>33863953
Fucking hell,
I just realized the words "no justification for this firearm" left my virtual mouth.

Well fuck.
I guess I'm going to bed guys.
>>
>>33863953
M8 the XD trigger is not an argument since it's basically the same shit if not a bit lighter.

Also I already stated that I bought this 10 days before thos whole politic mess occured.
>>
>>33863953
I could say that you're as irritable as trigglypuff. It doesn't mean it's true.
Afghan you write something trying to prove or disprove anything you're bound to have scrutiny and debate.
Sorry that your points got proved wrong.
>>
Being an XDm owner. I really enjoy this gun. I've yet to shoot any Glocks but I'd really like to. But that being said, I cant compare the two. The XD by itself is pretty darn nice in my opinion.
>>
>>33864028
>Also I already stated that I bought this 10 days before thos whole politic mess occured.

You shouldn't feel any shame, anon. I seriously hope that the prices come back to their introductory prices of about $350 for a really really decent handgun.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.