[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newfag wants to become a /k/ommando

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: mosin-nagant-rifle-19089[1].jpg (149KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mosin-nagant-rifle-19089[1].jpg
149KB, 1600x1000px
okay /k/, finally time to buy myself a weapon in preparation for the impending collapse of society. i know obvious answer is a mosin or an sks, but i want to know if there's anything else i should consider before buying my own piece of glorious soviet engineering. preferably something cheap, and with a round that actually does something (7.62).
>>
Depends on what part of the world you live in. Just pick something that is the most common where you are.
>>
>>33861306
just buy a M&P II
>>
>>33861306
Yeah. You should know that a wasr is a better investment than either in 2017.
>>
>>33861306
in 2006 id have said get a nugget or an sks

in the current year you get a cheap AR or build one yourself
>>
>>33861306
>with a round that actually does something (7.62)

Its 2017 you faggot. Lurk more, do some research on this thing called the internet, and realize why you are retarded if you want a mosin or sks "for muh impendimg collapse!". Util then, dont fucking start another thread on /k
>>
>>33861306
Anon this place is a meme echo chamber. As much as these degenerates have taught me about firearms, I've also had to endure thousands of dick-measuring threads about 9mm vs 40sw. What you're really looking for are 3 things:
1.what can you get with if your means and geographic location?
2.what are you comfortable having in your home, carrying, and firing?
3.what has the greatest ammo availability of your options? I love my SMLE, but I can't find 303 Brit as easy as I can .556
>>
>>33861333
not a fan of 5.56. i don't know if there's any good way to phrase this, but it doesn't kill deer efficiently enough. i don't want the animal to suffer, if i'm going to have to shoot it anyways.
>>
>>33861353
thanks mate
>>
>>33861357
Soft tip .223 is more than enough for whitetail. Mule deer too. ARs also come in other flavors. Or get a Tikka, Ruger, generic bolt gun. Don't get milsurp.
>>
>>33861392
yeah i didn't like the idea of buying something ridiculously old anyways. sure, cheap is nice, but i also want something that will last.
>>
>>33861352
but looking things up on the internet requires work and i'm lazy. much easier to ask a question and have other people find the answer for me.
>>
>>33861306
As much as I love my Mosin and SKS, I would recommend a .308 bolt gun. There are plenty of cheaper .308 surplus rifles, like the Ishapore Enfield, or some of the Spanish Mausers that were rechambered for .308.

.308 is at least in military service with all of NATO, and you can bet if your apo/k/alypse dream comes true .308 will be more available than 7.62x39 or 54r.

Even more common will be 5.56, though. Savage makes a 5.56 version of their "Hog Hunter" and it has iron sights. They can be had for around the $400 mark used.

But if you're gonna through that much trouble then Maybe just do a Mosin with a spam can idk the alcohol is kicking in
>>
>>33861357
You're too stupid to own a gun. Have hunted Michigan deer with it for over a decade. It's more reliable to drop a Buck than almost any semi I own. Bonus points for being able to make it do a hundred different thing all those other weapons can't.

In before
>but 223 is a wounding round!
Tell that to the millions its killed.
>>
>>33861414
Milsurp is built to last..
>>
>>33861306
I was in your shoes a few months ago, anon.

I bought a Vepr 54R as my first babby step back into the world of fun ownership.

Now, I'm about to buy a Vepr 12, and I have about 3-6 guns that I plan to purchase this year.
>>
>>33863148
>Michigan

Neat, have you had your daughter circumcised yet?
>>
>>33861306

Buy an SKS. They're accurate, reliable and fun. They don't make as much sense now that they've become more expensive, but you don't want an AR which is only slightly more expensive, and any good AK worth owning is gonna start around $700, so if that jump in price isn't worth it for you the SKS is a fine rifle for all purposes

Plus it's just neat
>>
>>33861306
Just buy a .22 - preferably bolt action. If you want to still be a giant faggot and insist on a center fire, get a spanish or chilean mauser chambered in .308 / NATO 7.62. They're cheap, tough, and easy to feed. MAYBE even an Ishapore if you don't mind spending a little more.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.