[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Springshit and Rat River Assholes Knew About Anti-Gun Deal a Year Ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 89345.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
89345.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Recent public statements are verifiable lies!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/robert-farago/proof-springfield-armory-rock-river-knew-licensing-carve-last-year/
>>
What is the deal with having to hold a belief that is irreconcilable with objective reality just because you bought something? Is there a psychological term for it?

If you want to see examples go browse the general discussion forum overt xdtalk. It's like reading a democratic party forum right after hillary lost. "She didn't really lose it was X!"
>>
>>33859913
>psychological term for it?
Battered wife syndrome.
>>
ar15.com rationalizes SA and RRAs actions, but realizes the community isn't buying their bullshit so makes a sacrificial gesture by "ending our relationship with RRA(ie we won't take their money anymore), but they still get to have a forum of their own." So they basically reward RRA.

Fuck SA
Fuck RRA
Fuck ar15.com

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1990925_Rock-River-Arms--Springfield-Arms--and-IFMA.html
>>
>>33860587
More and more rationalization is coming as well. Just wait. IV8888 put a video up today railing against SA and RRA but at the end basically said let bygones be bygones and not to cause disunification by holding a grudge.
>>
>>33860900
Oldfag here. When the S&W shit was going down the NRA and all the gun rags were shilling non-stop trying to prop up S&W. It didn't save them from losing most of their value and getting sold off. It's been really interesting to watch the same thing happen in the age of the internet. The big difference is there was no comment section below every article in the old gun rags. They can shill all they want it seems like everyone but those who are over-invested in the SA brand are seeing right through their bullshit.
>>
>>33861292
That's the beauty of the internet age. Shit like this moves fast and creates momentum.
>>
File: ff.png (364KB, 657x558px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
364KB, 657x558px
>>33860900
Iv8888 is a glorified shill channel. Watch their fostech trigger review and read the comments.

Fuck them. Fucking rats.

Here's a list of people I have seen defend or diminish what SA and RRA have done so far.

TFB
Ammoland
Bearingarms
Twang n bang
Arfcom
Even the TTAG had a little paragraph in one of his articles at the end that went soft

It's getting pathetic.
>>
>>33861509
Be a shame if someone found banner ads or other sponsor scheckels on their sites and could implicate them with selling out gunowners for that sweet sweet shill money.
>>
>>33861650
Only after last Friday. Before then the story hadn't broken yet.
>>
My 3 million niggerian dollars:

IMO Springfield and RRA for some crazy reason thought that bill would pass no matter why they do . So they looked to minimise the damage to themselves. If the ship is sinking anways, whats so wrong about grabbing a lifebuoy?

Then bill pases with fucking singe vote, and literally everone knows that without SA an RRA seling out, its pretty damn likely that it would not pass at all.

So now SA and RRA are in full panic damage control mode . I doubt they intentonally fucked everone over , they were more like rats trying to flee the fire. Hell, i think that they honestly regret their actions.

Not that it matters much. The truth is that they need to be turned into example. Not because they are inherently evil or anti freedom, but because stupidity and lack of foresight is just as bad as malice.

So hang their corpses high, and let other manufacturers see what fate awaits collaborators - no matter their actual intentions or motivation.

It needs to be clear for everyone: Make a deal - any deal, with gungrabbers, and your company is fucked. This is the only way others would ever learn.
>>
>>33861775
In one of the other threads about this a vet popped in a related a lesson he learned in the service. It went something like(and I'm heavily paraphrasing here): If a comrade dies and it's your fault, your intentions and excuses don't matter. He's still dead and you are gonna be held accountable.
>>
File: Lawls.jpg (336KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lawls.jpg
336KB, 1600x900px
Google "Springfield Armory". Look at the bottom of the box on the right:

Motto: "The First Sell Out In American Firearms"

Lawls
>>
>>33861292
>age of the internet
Yeah but along with that comes an extremely short attention span. In a month will anyone still care?
>>
>>33863383
gunfags are still mad about bill ruger.
>>
>>33861509
>Iv8888 is a glorified shill channel. Watch their fostech trigger review and read the comments.
>Fuck them. Fucking rats.
No, really, I just watched that video, and the only way Eric could have made it any clearer that he opposes this and blames SA and RRA fully is if he went down to their factory personally and threw a brick through their front window. I wouldn't blow a one-line offhand comment at the end of the video out of proportion.

>gunfags are still mad about bill ruger.
Which is a shame, because current year Ruger is a great company under totally new management and doesn't agree with any of Bill's cucking.
>>
>>33863454
They weren't till this happened. Every new treachery opens up all the wounds all over again. They paid their price, SA and RRA are going to pay theirs. Move on.
>>
>>33859913
Doublethink, but I think that's limited to holding two contradictory beliefs...not necessarily one belief that is objectively true and one that isn't.
>>
>>33863660
and how do you feel about cheaper than dirt?
>>
>>33863744
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
>>
>>33863744
Not him, but the same way i feel about gander mountain. Pretty sure sports authority did the same thing.
>>
File: Imadethisalongtimeago.png (33KB, 1066x661px) Image search: [Google]
Imadethisalongtimeago.png
33KB, 1066x661px
>>33859066
>>
Am I the only one that's pissed that SA. couldn't have held off on their shenanigans for at least another year or two? Or that they could have at least gotten this new DA/SA XD-S to market before they stepped on their dick? After the shady shit they pulled, I'll never give them a cent, but I actually kinda like almost everything I see about the gun. Except now the name on the side.
>>
>>33865231
Hang on anon. If SA gets fucked bad enough by this those crazy croats might be able to get free of them and start importing through someone else. Or buy one used.
>>
>>33859913
Cognitive dissonance is the term you're looking for
>>
I was looking on jewtube to see what some of the no name channels were saying about this...check out homeboy's life size Bruce Lee...RFLMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahEcM1NNe7o
>>
>>33866076
That's you isn't it?
>>
File: Waffle-SS.jpg (57KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
Waffle-SS.jpg
57KB, 560x420px
>>33866545
I wish! I could never attain the power levels required to put a life size Bruce Lee in my house.
>>
MAC made a breddy good statement in the arfcom thread. Last post on the page:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1990925_Rock-River-Arms--Springfield-Arms--and-IFMA.html&page=6
>>
>>33867418
>rouge lobbyist
>poultry $15m
This guy is not helping his case.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hdqCa42vQ
>>
>>33867772
>poultry
try not being illiterate
>>
>>33863820
What's wrong with gander maountain?
>>
File: 1493333565750.jpg (56KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
1493333565750.jpg
56KB, 803x737px
>>33867957
>>
>>33867957
That's my point, he's not helping his case by sounding like a retard.
>>
File: springfield ad.png (454KB, 1903x871px) Image search: [Google]
springfield ad.png
454KB, 1903x871px
>>33867418
Has arfcom not severed ties with Springfield?
>>
>>33868458
>"a poultry $15 million"
That's just chicken scratch.
>>
>>33868458
They claim they don't have one which i take to mean they are not a site sponsor with their own industry forum. They probably get served all kind of banner ads on a whole other deal not tied to direct site sponsorship. IDGAF for two reasons; 1) I use adblock 2) Fuck ar15.com.
>>
>>33861775
Can anyone give me the big enchilada or at least the basic gestalt?
>>
>>33868518
Basics:

1) SA and RRA sold out gun owners in IL
2) They lied in public statements about what then knew and when
3)1&2 are independently verifiable facts
4) XDtalk forums blame the Russians
>>
>>33868542
>XDtalk forums blame the Russians
Kek
I really hope this is true. That would just be hilarious.
>>
>>33868983
The truth of their level of denial is almost more hillarious. Almost...
>>
>>33868542
But XD's aren't even made by SA, they are just imported. Why would they be so butthurt?
>>
>be me
>go to big box sporting goods store
>ask guy at the gun counter to see an XD9
>spaghetti starts leaking from his pockets
>ask to see SA mil-spec 1911
>guy practically shaking handing me the gun
>ask if I think SA makes good guns
>full projectile spaghetti mode
>guy fast talks me through the IL situation
>ask "you don't want to sell me any of these guns?"
>guy starts sweating "well..."
>I respond "ok, I'll wait till they're on clearance"
>360 and walk away
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.