[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to water cool an AR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: pepe~33.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
pepe~33.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
how to water cool an AR?
>>
>>33853941
>>
fire it underwater

/thread
>>
>>33853960
smaller?
>>
>>33853960
This fbpb. or pour water on the barrel if you're poor.
>>
Do you have a belt fed ar?
>>
File: IMG_1664-495x660.jpg (36KB, 495x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1664-495x660.jpg
36KB, 495x660px
>>33853960
chamber it in 6.5 and pop one of these on and boom, AA gun
>>
>>33854029
Don't worry I'm just you run of the mill gun owner, "guns" am I right, say you wouldn't happen to know about any M I L I T I A S beings formed in your vicinity?
>>
>>33853941
That stupid sons of guns show did it like a refrigerator
>>
>>33853941
Dunk it in a bucket between mags.
>>
File: AssaultrifleFO4.png (40KB, 350x150px) Image search: [Google]
AssaultrifleFO4.png
40KB, 350x150px
>>33853960
It finally makes sense...
>>
>>33853941
why, you intend on blowing through 1000 rounds as fast as possible?
>>
>>33857567
yes
>>
>>33853941
With oil
>>
Well, if I were doing a kludge, I'd buy some copper tubing like what's used for refrigerator water lines, and wrap the barrel. Stick a fill valve on one end, and an overpressure steam valve on the other. Should be able to do that without having to modify the stock handguards.
>>
>>33853941
Get a thin enough free floated aluminum handguard, then modify it, close all holes and add rubber gaskets and a port for filling in water.

For best use of weight, I suggest a pencil profile barrel matching the length of your jacket.
Also a bipod can be good.

Know that with the ARs gas system, the action will still get hot, so this will only work nominally.
>>
>>33857723
>nevah ben dun bah4
>>
>>33857638
Water cooling isn't going to be enough then, you'll want a piston upper to keep heat away from the action and you'll somehow have to set it up with a jacket that shrouds the barrel but not the gasblock or piston.

Old stationary MGs were short recoil guns with no gas system so they didn't have to account for that
>>
>>33857779
>Get a thin enough free floated aluminum handguard, then modify it, close all holes and add rubber gaskets and a port for filling in water.
I like this
>>
>>33853941
blast it with piss
>>
>>33853941
Operate underwater.
>>
If you used modern pumps and cooling systems, could you watercool a M2 to the point that it could fire until the barrel's rifling is completely worn away?
>>
>>33860843
Probably, though it'd make it even heavier.
>>
>>33860982
Would need a c130 to lift it
>>
>>33853941
>how to water cool an AR?

Piss on it.

It works on many different levels and is what it was designed for.
>>
>>33857553
That's air cooled. The jacket covers cooling fins
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.