[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ranger Plates and Fudds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: wowsotactical.jpg (23KB, 304x400px) Image search: [Google]
wowsotactical.jpg
23KB, 304x400px
Okay so I actually like and use ranger plates, but I can't fucking stand tacti-cool fags who don't even understand what they do. THEY ARE NOT PULL TABS. Yes they can be used like them, but that's not their purpose. I have friends who bought them because "I need to minimize my reload time and MUH POSITIVE CONTROL of the mag helps me de-pouch it and reload as EFFICIENTLY as possible. I'm really trying to STREAMLINE". No. The ranger plate is curved in such a way that when you hit the deck to a prone position and the mag hits the ground, it rolls the gun up in the direction you were aiming/looking at before diving. THAT IS IT'S PURPOSE. Exactly the same as the FN-X's ugly ass mags that everyone seems to love to hate.

What other firearm misconceptions piss you off /k/?
>>
>>33851932
>file down the firing pin to make it full auto
>>
>>33851932
My dad is an Airborne Ranger, his old M4 mags from his SpecOps days have para cord woven through the floor plate of the mag so that he could take them out of his plate carrier easier, so im pretty sure they are pull tabs that do more than one thing, but above all they are pull tabs.
>>
https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/magazine-enhancements/ranger-plate-usgi-556x45
>The Magpul Ranger Plate is a floorplate replacement for current issue aluminum USGI 30-round magazines that incorporates an integral loop, floorplate lock, and mag identifier. When installed on the base of a magazine, the Ranger Plate provides unsurpassed speed and controllability during high stress, tactical magazine changes. Loop is made of pliable Santoprene rubber overmolded onto a stainless steel plate. Patented design based upon the tried and true para-cord loops and duct-tape tabs currently in use with special warfare units worldwide.
>the Ranger Plate provides unsurpassed speed and controllability during high stress, tactical magazine changes
>>
>>33851932
Murder yourself.
>>
>>33852290
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>33851932
>Fudd
>Ranger plate

Nice retarded rant my autismo friend.
>>
ranger plates are for mall ninjas
>>
File: MagPod-1.jpg (122KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
MagPod-1.jpg
122KB, 850x567px
>>33852290
It's clearly dual purpose, otherwise it would look like the original magpul or the Troy battlemag pull tab. Also magpul is trying to sell their shit to people like in the description, so obviously the "High speed tactical" side is played up
>>
>>33851932

If you're gonna write your blog here, at least post links that back up your claims, or some one will find you to be a dumb ass.
>>
We used to call them "Granger Plates" because they were magic, like Hermione Granger - wizarding phenom.
>>
>>33851992
When in fact you need to weld it in place.
>>
That doesn't make any goddamn sense

At all
>>
>>33851932
>ranger plates

That's what they're called? I guess good to know.

They are very useful to put on a table for a more stable platform. Try doing the same with a metal AK mag and you heavily notice the difference. Hence why you generally don't use the bottom of your magazine as a firing point.
>>
>>33851932
Hahahaha, get fucked

Nice blog, you colossal faggot.
>>
File: 9873cPi[1].jpg (35KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
9873cPi[1].jpg
35KB, 374x503px
>>33852749
Please explain, fellow gun owner.
>>
>>33853514
You see, the firing pin is free floating, which means that when you fire a round the force pushes the pin back in the bolt carrier and stops the gun from firing until you pull the trigger, which pushes the firing pin forward so it can impact the primer. A little bit of solder around your firing pin and the firing pin can hit every round as it's pulled up from the magazine without having to reset it with the trigger.
>>
>>33853619
so no runaway fire?
>>
>>33854484
only runaway fire
>>
>>33854494
>welds pin
>proceeds to create custom shingled, angled pouches for 15 10-round pmags
>150 rounds of ATF repellent
>profit?

no profit, just dreams
>>
>>33851932
.45AARP and 9mm flame wars. The argument can be settled as such:

>Fuddy-Five ACP is for stopping and penetration power. Good home defense gat for this reason. Design of pistols chambering it have been proven over and over again.

>9mm is THE conceal carry caliber. Capacity is everything; most perps are going down to two rounds. More rounds means a statistically higher chance of hitting the target.
>>
File: orig.jpg (124KB, 1398x916px) Image search: [Google]
orig.jpg
124KB, 1398x916px
>>33852702

Any AR that isn't a sp-1 is mall ninja desu
>>
>>33856468
>No forward assist
>Has forward assist grooves cut into BGC
Hmmm
>>
>>33856512

All bcgs made by colt had the grooves in the carrier regardless of whether or not the receivers had a forward assist.

Friendly reminder that the stoner design didn't have a f/a and the only reason why it has a f/a is because the army wanted one.
>>
File: A1.jpg (1MB, 2488x1311px) Image search: [Google]
A1.jpg
1MB, 2488x1311px
>>33856468
>SP-1

Hot garbage.
>>
File: 1489372457098.jpg (123KB, 1307x554px) Image search: [Google]
1489372457098.jpg
123KB, 1307x554px
>>33851932
Forward assist isn't meant to jam in a round that doesn't want to be seated. It's meant to push in a perfectly okay round that hasn't yet been fully seated.
The whole reason why it was invented was because soldiers in Vietnam were taught to open the bolt to allow water to drain out after crossing a river or something, but if they were sneaking up on the VC, letting the charging handle snap forward makes a very audible noise so they would guide the bolt forward. Everyone who has an AR knows rounds don't seat properly if you just guide the charging handle forward, so forward assist was invented as a quieter way to seat the round.
>>
File: d8ALdY.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
d8ALdY.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>needing this stupid crap
>>
>>33856732
very interesting
you always hear people say it's not actually necessary, but it makes sense that they would use it to this effect
thanks for explaining, anon
>>
>>33856794
Actually kinda impressive.
>>
>>33856732
>>33856797
Check out the PSG1. It has a nearly identical 'forward assist' and it's stated purpose is silent bolt close.
>>
>>33856817
I'm convinced that everything he does, up to and including his chestrig designs is trolling and having a laugh at us.
>>
>>33856833

I'm pretty sure the >>33856794 video was him making fun of the "gross motor skill" bullshit being perpetuated by a lot of the Internet shooting gurus.
Unfortunately people who fall for these memes aren't very good at detecting tongue-in-cheek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7cyQlsUQ6E
>>
>>33856986
This needs to be said? Really?
>>
File: 1493588328855.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493588328855.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>33852290
This shit is too kek
>>
>>33852749
That would be a run away gun silly goose
>>
>>33857061
We've recently entered Poe's Law territory when it comes to the tactical weapons training course scene. It's hard to tell what is genuine and what is a parody.
>>
>>33852061
550/paracord can be used for that but a lot of people made that modification so that they could hook the cord onto a caribiner on their belts for accountability of mags. This trend was before dump pouches got increasingly popular.
>>
>>33854484
Put a snap cap in every third round. Ta-da 3 round burst
>>
>>33854494
well there was the guy who was in LE who saw one nigger rigged to be open bolt by using the magpul bad lever as a trigger.
>>
>>33857434
>>33852749
>>33853619
Well then the trigger'd be completely useless.

Your new firing mechanism is your charging handle and/or bolt release.

Which would be awkward but functional.
>>
>>33851992
I love this meme. Make your gun inoperable by trying to illegally convert it. Shows those faggots.
>>
>>33856794
>cocks with foot
>accidentally point muzzle at face
>ADs into his face
That's pretty fucking impressive nonetheless. Very stylish.
>>
>>33851932
>>33852717

Can't you just monopod with any magazine? I do and it's worked out fine, never needed a gimmick to help me point my rifle when it's only got one point of contact with the ground. "Tactically speaking," a ranger plate wouldn't make for a necessarily sturdier firing position and would serve to elevate the rifle and increase a shooter's profile.

It's a magpul, a redesigned magpul made from improved materials and made integral to the magazine body. It ultimately exists in order to be purchased by someone who doesn't want manufactured or improvised magpuls that aren't part of the magazine.
>>
>>33852747
under rated post

I kek'd
>>
>>33851932
>all this complete autism that is completely contradicted by the manuals magpul used to pack in with the original magpuls
>>
>>33856732
I was told this in the army as well, although they still made us hit the forward assist after every time we used the charging handle or bolt release so I assume it is also used for properly seating rounds without riding the bolt home (which I think is stupid)
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.