[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Snapchat-2016962199.jpg (961KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2016962199.jpg
961KB, 1440x2560px
I was looking at sigs, but my dad offered me his jericho 941 in .40 for a steal. Is the 941 a good first handgun? Could i feasibly use it to CC?
>>
>>33851209
Im not a fan of 40 but jerichos are great. Very solid and accurate in most people hands. You could cc it but the all steel body makes it heavy for a pistol
>>
>>33851209
good pistol yes, cc not the best but doable

also
>.40
>>
>>33851209
They're good guns, but having shot one before I almost bought it, there's more cons than pros to me.
>Heavy
>More muzzle flip than most .40
>Thin slide, hard to rack (this goes for all CZ clones)
>Retarded takedown
>Slide-mounted safety
>Magazine didn't positively eject
>Surprising amount of surfaces prone to snag
I still might buy one in the future, but right now it's not practical.
>>
>>33851209
>>33851241
>>33851252
>>33851402
fbi 40 is shit fuck you plebs
>>
No idea about how well it performs, never owned one. But you'll have to find a holster that fits it, and try it out around the house. It'll be more difficult, seeing as it's a larger gun, but some people have an easier time than others with concealing larger guns. Another thing to consider, if you find a way to carry that works for you, you would need to ask yourself if it's a viable spot to draw from in an emergency, then practice that drill.

Also, i have to agree with the other anons...
>.40
>>
>>33851402
>Heavy
Yes, absolutely.
>More muzzle flip than most .40
U wot m8? You haven't shot many 40s, then. 40 in a Jericho or steel CZ is rather mild.
>Thin slide, hard to rack (this goes for all CZ clones)
Granted, but as long as you're not being a tard trying to do it with two fingers, it's of zero consequence
>Retarded takedown
This is where you lose all credibility. One of the easiest guns to take down out there - and it doesn't even involve tempting NDs
>Slide-mounted safety
Personal preference, nothing wrong with them.
>Magazine didn't positively eject
Yes, they do, on my Jericho and all my other CZs and clones.
>Surprising amount of surfaces prone to snag
Which exactly?

It's a great gun, OP. It's a bit big and heavy for CCW except under a jacket or sweater, but it's possible if you dress around it. I'd take it as a range and home defense gun, though.
I'm fond of EAA Witness Compacts for CCW. Very, very similar to the Jericho (EAA imports Tanfoglio guns, Tanfoglio designed the Jericho for IMI)
>>
>>33851421
>>33851470
>.40 hate

Another nice thing to know: you can replace the barrel and extractor to painlessly convert it to 9mm, using EAA Witness parts.
Even with the slide safety, you can also get a small frame EAA .22 kit and use it for cheap practice - but you won't have a safety when the 22 slide is on.
>>
>>33851209
>CCing a jericho
It's heavy and boxy as fuck. You're no Space Cowboy. Also good luck finding a 9mm barrel.
>>
>>33851209
The 941 is great, and while .40S&W works, I'd look around and see if I could find a conversion kit for 9mm Luger, cheaper and higher capacity.

>>33851241
The all steel build means less recoil, which is nice with 9mm Luger, but nicer still with .40S&W

>>33851402
Nothing is wrong with slide mounted safeties.

>>33851766
T. Manlet
>>
>>33851766
>good luck finding a 9mm barrel.
http://eaacorp.com/gun_accessories/index.php/parts/tanfoglio/witness/barrels/9mm/4-1-2-fs-barrel-9mm-302306.html

As previously stated, the Jericho is a Tanfoglio design and takes Tanfoglio/EAA parts.
>>
>>33851209
get one of the surplus cz75s from buds
>>
File: spaigu.png (116KB, 332x301px) Image search: [Google]
spaigu.png
116KB, 332x301px
>I'm just an old fashioned cowboy
>>
>>33851402
>>Thin slide, hard to rack (this goes for all CZ clones)

This I cant get over, I'll never own a CZ or clone because that low profile slide.

>Everyone shitting on .40

In penetration an expansion, hornady CD in .40 is a perfect middle ground between 9mm and .45

.40 doesnt suffer panic buyouts. And I shoot a .40 better than a 9, so nyah, suck it
>>
>>33851209

>40

worst part. not even a bad thing though, is totally but my first gut from my dad.

and carrying in a t shirt and those short shorts you like would be difficult, but no impossible.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.