[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Lobster me on Full Auto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1490992940516.jpg (211KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
1490992940516.jpg
211KB, 800x485px
I'm genuinely curious as to what appeal fully automatic weapons possess for the civilian market.
If all the NFA stuff and Hughes were repealed tomorrow, what would be the draw? Once everyone finishes buying new pants after creaming all their existing pairs, how long until the sheer novelty of being able to own FA wears off?
Obviously the value of existing transferables would plummet and a new market would pop up, so collectibility basically goes out the window.
I don't think anyone here is going to be doing any suppressing fire any time soon (outside of drills).
I'm pretty sure FA is not the most viable hunting technique (maybe spraying into packs of feral hogs could be useful).
Reduced controllability throws marksmanship right out, so you're not going to use it for target practice to git gud.
So, really, other than "it's cool" why do people act like it's a feature we've all been sorely missing?

>hard mode: you can't use the words "SHALL" or "INFRINGED". I want real reasons and opinions here. This isn't one of those "I support 2A BUT..." scenarios, I'm solely asking about the advantages/disadvantages of FA as a feature on it's own.
>>
SHANT BE IMPEDED
>>
Full auto is overrated. I'm not saying that it's useless, but it's not a critical feature in a personal firearm.
>>
>>33851154
Shiggles is the main draw, but full auto or burst fire 22LR's could have plenty of use in pest control, and full auto events for shooting competitions would be fucking amazeballs.
>>
Mainly it enables autists like me to buy more modern military rifles directly from the manufacturer.

I don't think I'll ever use a firearm in anger, but they're fascinating pieces of history and engineering, and civilian monkey model semi-autos don't have the same appeal to me.
>>
File: :k: has a conversation.gif (3MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
:k: has a conversation.gif
3MB, 300x168px
>>33851154
There isn't one, beyond entertainment for a select few people.

That's part of why the militia failed as an institution for national defense - even though citizens had the right to own any combat weapons which would be useful for militia service, there was little incentive to actually invest heavily in your own personal combat armory, and when it came time for the militia to be called to service (1812, and a few revolts prior to that), they were woefully under-equipped. They even tried passing various directives and incentives to encourage militia to procure their own minimum standardized armament, but it still wasn't enough. So a standing army with publicly-funded armories became a military necessity.

But at least with FA, if you remove all the legal hurdles, there's not much reason NOT to have select-fire on your otherwise semi-auto firearms. Most of the mechanical essentials are already there.
>>
File: 1493624114109.jpg (192KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
1493624114109.jpg
192KB, 600x377px
Fun mostly. Also I really want to buy a Boeing MD500c and mount 2x 7.62 M1919s or M60s on it. Also when the ATF raids your house, you can mow them down from your sandbagged MG position.
>>
Squad heavy machine guns are legit.

M-16 and Sub-guns (and related sears) are for investment purposes.

/thread
>>
>>33852107
>namefag
>trying to make a point that was already addressed and negated in thread premise
>threading own post
3 strikes and you're a moron
>>
>>33851154
>If all the NFA stuff and Hughes were repealed tomorrow, what would be the draw?
Novelty, outside of some historic examples.
>Once everyone finishes buying new pants after creaming all their existing pairs, how long until the sheer novelty of being able to own FA wears off?
However long it takes the owner to realize how ungodly expensive it would be to feed them regularly.

Hogs would be pretty much the only thing you could realistically use auto fire for, and I would expect that like many other things that are legal to own, they would still be prohibited from hunting use on ethics grounds (and rightfully so).
>>
>>33851853
You clever asshole >:]
>>33851885
>>33851978
>>33852107
>>33852232
I would not mind carrying pic related, putting couple 9mm bursts when at a good angle is gonna ruin any assailants day.
>>
Repealing the ban on open bolt weaponry and making suppressors a non NFA item would also open up some interesting options for the hobbyist gunsmith.
It would also allow access to accurate replicas of open bolt weapons which appeals to autists like me.
>>
>>33852232
The only thing keeping most guns from being FA is a hole and a couple of parts. I'd gladly pay for 20 bucks worth of extra parts to have the ability to shoot them FA, even if I mostly shoot them on semi.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.