[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shockwave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

What about the Shockwave makes it not an NFA item? It's cool that it's not, but I can't make heads or tails of the ATF letter.

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590-shockwave/
>>
The OAL and the fact that it was designed as a "pistol" from the ground up and not converted into one.
>>
If it never had a stock then it's not a "shotgun" and the OAL is over 26" so it's not "concealable" and therefore not a pistol or an AOW. Therefore it only meets the criteria for a "firearm" which I know is fuckin weird but that's the ATF for ya
>>
>>33850825
If it was pistol it would be an AOW.
It fits in the nifty little spot of undefined firearm.
Not a shotgun since it has no stock so doesn't need the 16" barrel. Still a non pistol firearm so it has to be over 26" OAL.
>>
>>33850825
>>33850846

So basically it fits directly into the dimensions of a loophole?

Also, is it worth getting one, or is it just a gimmic?
>>
>>33850860
That's why I put pistol in quotations
>>
File: black aces.jpg (66KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
black aces.jpg
66KB, 400x400px
>>33850803
Shotguns have stocks. AOWs are less then 26 inches so its just a firearm. Not a shotgun, pistol, SBS or AOW. Black aces almost got it right with the sig brace but used a stupid box mag.
>>
>>33850863
I don't think it's worth it. I don't see where it serves any practical purpose. I'd take a stocked 18 inch barrel shotgun.
>>
>>33850803
Still not legal in CA...what the fuck!
>>
>>33850879

wait, why aren't armbrace short barreled "shotguns" not a more popular thing?
>>
>>33850879
So detachable magazines nullify this particular piece?

>>33850892
No shit, buddy.
>>
>>33850901
IDK

>>33850904
Not that specifically but they had to tilt the fore grip so it would clear the mag. IDK, just seems dumb when you have basically just make a super shorty with a sig brace.
>>
>>33850863
It's not worth it. It's like those ar pistols: you buy it "just because".
>>
>>33850904
>So detachable magazines nullify this particular piece?
not meeting 26 overall makes it questionable. it does meet it with the brace put the brace is easily removed.
>>
>>33850958
Your opinions on box mags, and they way you initially eloquated, are idiotic.
>>
>>33850803
Exactly what regulations would this work around?
What restrictions are placed on a stocked 18" barrel shotgun that aren't placed on this?
>>
>>33851499
And how is it not a handgun?
Would a pistol grip up front be allowed?
What if you put a pistol grip on the back, how is this legally different from a super shorty?
>>
>>33851525
legal magic, basically.

I have a marinecote example, ask me anything.
>>
File: black aces2.jpg (148KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
black aces2.jpg
148KB, 1080x1080px
>>33851447
I have nothing against box mags, but this just looks pants on head retarded. Find out a way to work around it.

>>33851499
>Exactly what regulations would this work around?
It has a 14" barrel and no need for a stamp. Thats about it.

>>33851525
>And how is it not a handgun?
It's not designed to be fired from one hand.
>Would a pistol grip up front be allowed?
Sure, its not a handgun or AOW or rifle or shotgun.
>What if you put a pistol grip on the back, how is this legally different from a super shorty?
Overall length needs to be over 26 inches to not be a AOW and to not be considered 'concealable'. The SS is under that length so it became an AOW. But kinda like the shockwave, it never lived with a stock so its not a SBS just an AOW. That birds head grip is what gets your shockwave over 26 inches and thus not a shotgun or AOW (becuase its OAL is over 26 inches and no longer considered 'concealable'.
>>
>>33851709
>ask me anything
Or just take the initiative.
>>
File: ksg_3357web[1].jpg (79KB, 1000x499px) Image search: [Google]
ksg_3357web[1].jpg
79KB, 1000x499px
why have that when you can have a KSG?
>>
>>33851896
I saw a yellow one at a gun show a couple years ago
I called it the "KSCheese"
>>
>>33850860
18" inch barrel, btw.
>>
>>33850884
>I don't see where it serves any practical purpose.
Bar/Cab gun
>>
>>33851896
Because keltec a shit
>>
>>33850863
Loopholes imply something was bent or exploited to get through the system. This completely bypasses all of that because they didn't think of it when they wrote the shit down
>>
>>33850803
Repeal the NFA...or at least modify it to pay a stamp documenting only the serial number of the item and the name of the buyer, no wait time .....no government agency should decide if people with no criminal record may have access to weaponry......taxation is theft
>>
Even with some imagination i can't think of a single practical use that many guns wouldn't be better suited for. I have fired one, and a surbu too, and it's just fucking awkward. Basically fireworks for the shooting range is what they are good for.

My state just legalized sbr and sbs so I'm putting alot of though into what shotgun to register. I can't quite deal with paying for a tax stamp for a low, or even reduced capacity shotgun and it's takin me to weird places.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.