[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife for girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

File: 4072Detail_1.png (115KB, 621x189px) Image search: [Google]
4072Detail_1.png
115KB, 621x189px
What knife would you suggest I get my girlfriend.
Do any of you guys have experience getting your significant other a blade for EDC? What knife does your wife or significant other carry?

My girlfriend is a petite woman, 5'3" and 120lbs with small hands. She's going on an extended trip to be with her family in south america for a year and I want her to go with a knife for whatever tasks and some sabre pepper spray. I intend on visiting several times next year.

I was thinking about buying her a Ka-Bar Mini Dozier (pic)

stats are:
AUS-8
2.25" blade
5.75" overall
0.10" blade thickness
0.31 handle thickness
1.1oz weight
$18

It's a tiny little thing for a person with little hands. I'm a knife person but she is not but will take it if it makes me happy. I was thinking she could put it in her purse or jacket and have a knife if she needed one. If it get's lost or stolen, it's cheap and I could just send her another one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
or should I bite the bullet and get her a $70 delica 4?

2.95"
7"
2.4oz
$70
>>
goes to show, nobody on /k/ has a girlfriend
>>
As far as smallish ETC knives I have a CRKT drifter that I love. Also the Ontario Rat 2 is a nice knoife.
>>
>>33849417
Splurge on a Kershaw Skyline or a Cold Steel Code 4
>>
>>33851539
*EDC
Forgive me for autocorrect
>>
File: Victorinox-OHT-Non-Serrated.jpg (150KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
Victorinox-OHT-Non-Serrated.jpg
150KB, 1024x678px
Get her pic related- Easier to sharp, cheap and has a couple tools that may be helpful. And lets be honest she won't be using a knife for self defense in any type
>>
>>33851579
A good multitool with a knife on it isn't a bad suggestion. A Leatherman Wingman would be mu choice.
>>
>>33851579
>no pocket clip
No.
>>
>>33851539
2nd on the Ontario RAT2. It even comes in pink.
>>
File: 1300255005466.jpg (161KB, 500x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1300255005466.jpg
161KB, 500x1160px
more like a trinket for my girlfriend, hey /k/ do you like it?

you know how to get good at stabbing people to death in self defense?
>>
Get her a knife with hearts and your name on it so she and her swarthy new boyfriend can laugh at it
>>
>>33849417
>using a knife for self defense
Pepper spray isn't a bad idea though disable or disorient attacker then gtfo
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>33851592
Exactly, maybe op can look at a skeletool too.

>>33851608
stop looking at it like it was for you, op's gf will probably carry it in a purse or backpack anyway. If that's really a concern op can even redneck rig some type of clip in like 10 minutes or less.

>>33851656
ke
>>
File: opinel8_stainless.jpg (2MB, 2200x1391px) Image search: [Google]
opinel8_stainless.jpg
2MB, 2200x1391px
>>33849417
I bought pic related for someone. It's a clever little design, good quality, and a e s t h e t i c.

Also check it, it's in the middle of making a sandwich.
>>
File: 20160706_184419.jpg (407KB, 746x510px) Image search: [Google]
20160706_184419.jpg
407KB, 746x510px
>>33849417
The Chris Reeve sebenza, why take a chance with other(lesser) knives?
>>
File: meme collection.jpg (97KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
meme collection.jpg
97KB, 600x1066px
I have a Dozier. She doesn't care for it. She rocks the white Shuffle. Loves its size.
>>
>>33849417
If a 5'3" 120 lb girl attacked me with a knife she MAY get one stab in before it became my knife. Alternatively she will end up stabbing herself. I would rather attack a girl with a small knife that she isn't trained with than a girl with pepper spray desu
>>
have you decided yet?
>>
>>33849417
>What knife would you suggest I get my girlfriend.

I got mine a Sheffield Sykes fairbain. She loved it.
>>
>>33849417
I would suggest her not going to south america in the first place. If she has to go then break up with her because shes going to be taking a hell of a lot of dick from all the savages.
>>
File: 1467139825160.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
1467139825160.gif
3MB, 250x255px
Something cheap, because she'll lose it.

>tfw won't buy gf jewelry anymore
>>
>>33849417

Got my wife a few knives over the yrs. She never used them, just ends up using mine, even though I have her the same knife (Pm2)
>>
>>33853105
That's a big knife
>>
>>33851539
>>33851613
I'll look into the Rat-2 and the Esee Zancudo, thanks

>>33851656
you can bet on it

>>33851695
>>33851991
something is better than nothing, I'm having her sign up for self defense courses and practicing with sabre pepper spray once a month. She going to live with her grandma and aunts and uncles and doesn't do the night scene stuff, but im still worried about some coked out thief hurting her at the mall or hiking trails.

>>33853147
cool story bro

>>33851845
no, if it's stolen, that's $410 wasted.

>>33852912
nope. I'm going to show her the RAT-2, esee Zancudo, dozier mini, skyline and delica this weekend to get her reaction. the multitool (>>33851579) would be sweet as fuck but it my be to heavy for her. I want her to take it with her. also, she's a woman, latin women know nothing about tools or fixing things.
>>
Bro lets be realistic here. She's gonna be gone for a YEAR. Where it's hot, wearing appropriate attire. You think there won't be a single latin lothario that piques her interest? You think she's going to keep in contact as much as you'd like?

>Anon, please. I miss you too, but I'm at a family gathering right now. I can't be on my phone all the time. Ugh, we'll talk later

Basically, she'll be gone for an entire year. Her family, well, even if they do like you, they want what makes her happy. So if some neighborhood kid makes her blush, and laugh? Consistently?

>mija, you only live once. Go talk to him. You don't have to do anything, just have fun. Forget about anon, he's 3,000 miles away! Live your life

And they'll be right. And she will, good lord, trust me, she will. And you'll be sitting at home twiddling your thumbs, seeing cute chicks while you're out and about. Wondering what they're like in bed. No! I love Anonina, you'll say. But is she there? Is she at that level of commitment? If she is, why aren't you married. Because it's most likely young love. I'm sure she isn't employed because what fucking job lets you just take off for a YEAR. None. So she's a kid, you're a kid, the thought isn't even fathomable to you yet, but hopefully, for you own sake, it will be soon.

Love sucks, when it's over. It's great when it's new and fresh and exciting, but after a year of no physical touch? Choppy skype sessions, if that? No. It'll be gone, it'll be replaced by yearning. She doesn't want to see you yearn, and she won't yearn for you. She will find someone that's close, it's human nature. Don't heed my advice, that's fine, you do your thing. But when her texts and calls become less and less frequent, and she's posting more and more pictures of her "extended vacation" on social media, you'll know in your heart that I was right. A year apart is a death knell for a relationship that hasn't already been cemented by marriage and cohabitation for many years.
>>
>>33853972

In summary, do both of you a favor and break up with a couple months before she leaves. It'll give her time to grieve, it'll give you time to get over her before she's out of the country (this will lead to you calling her and begging for her to take you back, whatever that can mean when separated by an entire continent) and just be glad for the time you had together. Sorry to break it to you bucko, but sometimes, even with the best intentions, shit just doesn't work out. Live and learn and love again. Because you will. But this one? Let her go.

Or get her some judo classes, whatever
>>
>>33853972
lol, i dont care! If she meets somebody down there then good for her. We've been together for 6 years and I would honestly wish her the best of luck.

You want to come on a knife advice thread and project your insecurities on complete strangers? What kind of hapless loser are you?

I have no problem attracting women or girls. I would miss her but I would honestly wish her good luck.

post a knife or get the fuck out
>>
>when some kissless virgin is so triggered by someone having a gf that he derails the thread with unwanted relationship advice

>not just giving said advice and chuckling at his future singletude

You're not wrong in your assessment, but boy are you autistic.
>>
>>33854049

Just trying to pass some wisdom down to the younger generation, that's all. I'm lying in bed next to my wife of many years, not insecure at all champ.

If you really wouldn't care if she met someone, doesn't that tell you something?

A cheap multi tool is the answer, by the way. Winchester makes one that costs $24.99. At least she would actually get some use out of it.
>>
File: 1493520354140.jpg (84KB, 757x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493520354140.jpg
84KB, 757x720px
>>33854049
lol other anon btfo.

but seriously OP, you have shit taste in knives. buy an opinel, it costs like $13 and weighs nothing. all these other tactikool bladez are for fedora faggots. any knife will keep her safe from creepy rapists at parties, but no knife is going to protect her from an armed bandit. i would say tell her to not go out alone at night and be aware during the day, but she's not a child.
>>
>>33849462
Get a dragonfly
>>
>>33849417
>my Girlfriend
>She's going on an extended trip to be with her family in south america for a year
>South America
>a year
Don't worry. The guy she's fucking will likely have something.
>>
>>33854116
I agree, something cheap and light, but I would place stock in something that can be opened with one hand.
>>
File: 1472742178578.jpg (64KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
1472742178578.jpg
64KB, 599x449px
>>33854084
>but boy are you autistic.
>>
i would suggest something like a opinel, theyre cheap and light, and do the job great, plus if shes wants to use it heavily she can without worry of the lock failing etc. Plus its simple
>>
File: Capture+_2017-04-14-11-10-34-1.png (1MB, 1440x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-04-14-11-10-34-1.png
1MB, 1440x1086px
>>33849417
It honestly doesn't matter. Chances are they won't use it for utility as they're not used to carrying a blade. They'll forget they have it even when they need it, or just lose it out of carelessness before they get an opportunity to use it. Most women think it's everyone else's job to keep them safe and take no personal responsibility to defend themselves. She'll use the pepper spray at most. Majorily, they are more scared of harming others than getting harmed themselves.

Just give her the pepper spray and call it a day. She'll just lose the Delica.
>>
File: almar-osprey-ultralight.jpg (10KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
almar-osprey-ultralight.jpg
10KB, 500x281px
>>33849417
>>
>>33849417
For self defense, knives are awful if you have no formal training. As tools, awesome, get her one, but for defense, stick with pepper gel or guns.
>>
>>33849417
>5'3" and 120lbs
>petite woman

Not exactly petite anon. Fattie sounds like she needs to drop 30 lbs to be "petite". 5'3" is too short to be over 100.
>>
>>33849417
Got my girlfriend a pink mini-grip and she loves it
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.