[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SKS or AK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: serbian-sks-surplus-762x39(1).png (2KB, 58x42px) Image search: [Google]
serbian-sks-surplus-762x39(1).png
2KB, 58x42px
I have the option to get a Yugo SKS for $430 and it's almost factory condition or a Red army standard RAS47 for $549. Which is the better option?
>>
Ak. Its overall a better rifle. Paying 400+ for an SKS is total cuckage and the rifles aren't really worth that much.
>>
>>33848352
An AMD-63 for $550
>>
Get the AK, then save up to try to get the SKS later, and but more ammo if you can't.
>>
File: sksm9.jpg (19KB, 494x659px) Image search: [Google]
sksm9.jpg
19KB, 494x659px
>>33848352
look around and try ot luck up on superior SKS.
>>
>>33848352
holy shit don't buy the ras, they crumble and are not a real ak

buy a wasr-10
>>
>>33848394

>superior

Unless I'm mistaken, the bulk of SKS-M's are the "for export only" models, which are supposedly inferior to the proper Type 56 variant that was for military use.

>>33848352

OP, that's a fucking ripoff. You can buy a Chinese SKS for around $300, plus they're chrome lined unlike the Yugo variants.
>>
>>33848352
Get the ras, use it and save up for wasr, sell ras and buy wasr. Problem solved.
>>
>>33848863
>Buy ras
>Save up for a wasr
Wasrs are literally like $600 on sale
>>
The SKS is generally a fantastic rifle, so long as you don't screw it up with aftermarket BS. However the yugo SKS is bullshit. Literally only good for looking cool in your safe full of surplus rifles.

Go with the AK, and if you still want an SKS look for a non-yugo model later on.
>>
>>33848846
>Unless I'm mistaken, the bulk of SKS-M's are the "for export only" models, which are supposedly inferior to the proper Type 56 variant that was for military use.
you are mistaken. They are for export only, because they were only for commercial sales and china has had shitty gun laws for a very long time but citizens havent been able to own guns since 1949. Only specific organizations with specific reasons can own guns, you can apply for a hunting permit to buy one but it has to be a "hunting gun". The reason they were "for export only" is because there is literally no market for them in CHINA.
>>
>>33848822
This holy shit don't buy ras
>>
>>33848352
Save up another $50-$100 for a Wasr. RAS is shit, same with IO.
>>
>>33848863
>waste money on this
>so you can save up for this
why do poor people do this? why not just save the money you would spend on the ras?
>>
>>33848942
>The SKS is generally a fantastic rifle

Its outdated. Its heavy as shit for the caliber, only carries ten rounds, a longer barrel than needed and has no way of mounting optics.

I love mine, but I wish i bought a CZ-858 instead. Even if they do cost 5x more here.
>>
Buy once cry once.
>>
>>33848352
I thought it was only a meme but after having owned one half a year.. Don't get the ras. You could get lucky and get one that lives but it's not worth the risk
>>
File: bhiVtAS.jpg (121KB, 610x492px) Image search: [Google]
bhiVtAS.jpg
121KB, 610x492px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.