[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 19

File: Sicario.jpg (3MB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Sicario.jpg
3MB, 1350x2000px
Hey /k/ anyone can recommend me some movies where you feel operators operating operationally. Pic I think related.
>>
>>33847896
kys
>>
>>33847896
Free fire. It has two operators turned civilian and shitload of civilians who are shit with firearms.

There's John Wick but you've probably seen it already.
>>
Emily Blunt has nice big titties but she's a fucking liberal. Coalburner too
>>
File: YFg9fIF.gif (2MB, 327x219px) Image search: [Google]
YFg9fIF.gif
2MB, 327x219px
>>33847956
>Emily Blunt
>nice big tits
kek no
>>
>>33847896
this movie is about as operator as zero-dark 30 as 17 hours later (13? fuck it)

75% tense political opinionated shit / "they was heroes no warcrimes involved pls no questioning" with like 20 minutes combined of completely different people doing operator shit
>>
>>33847896

From memory and in short.

>The 9th company(its in youtube)
>Heat
>Talvisota(a bit hard to come by)
>Act of valour
>The raid
>Dam busters

>Not operator operating operationally but...bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Igyo1DdkrI
>>
>>33848048
>>33847955
Thanks

>>33847999
These 20 minutes were the minutes I enjoyed anon. Little things like characters talking about "doing things by the book" or about going "Weapons free". This moments made it for me.
>>
>>33847896
Good movie. Makes me hates the FBI. The CIA. And Mexicans
>>
>>33850643
Kinda sad you needed a fictional movie to get there brah.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=zhplhhnvPQs
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MjFHqohaHYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

I have a thing for long takes.
>>
>>33851249
I know. I love Mexican chicks.
>>
The Beast of War is one of my all time favorite war movies.
>>
>>33851314
I do too. I keep fearing that if I piss one off, that I'll end up in the walls of a house in Chandler, Arizona, though.
>>
>>33851308
Rebellion had a good one near the end, but I think they cheated and spliced the shaky cam together.
>>
File: the_veteran.jpg (327KB, 2880x1619px) Image search: [Google]
the_veteran.jpg
327KB, 2880x1619px
>>33847896
The Veteran
Brit ex-squaddie operating in London housing estate taking out drug dealers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Veteran_(2011_film)
>>
>>33851463
>british
did they into proper weapons handling like Strike Back? or is it walking dead tier, "what looks cool", no training needed casting call?
>>
File: Sicario night op.webm (3MB, 1300x540px) Image search: [Google]
Sicario night op.webm
3MB, 1300x540px
>>
>>33851674
godamn that was my favorite scene. Roger Deakins is a god
>>
>>33847896
Sicario fucking sucked. All it was was 2 hours of that dumb bitch crying.

The audio balancing is also really bad. Guns and speech are oddly quiet and muddy sounding, but normal environmental and other sounds (idling cars, electric hums in rooms, etc) all sound fine.
>>
>>33851308
The toughest guy in Letterkenny is pretty operator.
>>
>>33847896
I'd contribute. But The Battle of Britain is starting on the telly right now.
>>
>>33848078
might as well watch the good bits on youtube, it's almost like they brought in a different director for all the operator parts of sicario, could watch any of the action scenes and be satisfied without any kind of context from the political girl cop half of the movie
>>
>>33851308
That first clip was fucking intense.
>clip
But seriously, thanks for sharing. I love long takes too.
>>
>>33851578
>You decide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV1qDpyyAMo
>>
>>33853593
B-b-b-but don't you care about how a female affirmative action hire has to put up with to deal with the patriarchy of operaterness :( :( :( :( :(
>>
>>33853935
3:20 in
>not looking through rds for half the shots
>low ready strolling when threats are obviously still around
props for both eyes open though
>overall rating
ehhhhh ill give it a chance
>>
>cop lady wants to get vengeancery on the mesicans for blowing up her men
>gets stuck with dudes who murder cartels
>Y ARE U MURDERING CARTEL??? ILLEGAL????
>gets her black friend
>THESE GUYS ARE BAD NEWS
>STOP MURDER CARTEL??? BAD
>reveal why one guy practices murdermancery on cartels
>UHHH ILLEGAL????? JUSTICE?

sicario was a frustrating movie
>>
If you like that foreign /k/ shit checkout No Tears for the Dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuzlEjErUEo
>>
>>33854071
I personally thought that they made a good call casting her as the cop. As the whole point is that while she is a good cop, she's limited by the very moral code that makes her a good cop, and totally out of her element. the Political message that I got from Sicario was that the cartels are more akin to a terrorist organization than a gang, and police work no matter how good cant stop them. The only way they actually made an impact difference was to commit a pseudo military operation across the border similar to what you see in counter terrorism and counter insurgency operations.
>>
>>33847974
I like that actor. I liked him in Fargo and The Sopranos. Do you know where that .gif is from?
>>
>>33847999
I want an entire movie about Michael Weston operating on some cartel niggas.
>>
>>33851756
>The audio balancing is also really bad. Guns and speech are oddly quiet and muddy sounding, but normal environmental and other sounds (idling cars, electric hums in rooms, etc) all sound fine.

This is because of the bomb at the beginning of the movie.
>>
>>33847896
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuzlEjErUEo

Niqqa, please.
>>
>>33847896
>heat
>black hawk down
>tears of the sun

why has no one suggested these?
>>
>>33851578
>Strike Back
Overrated as fuck as far as handling weapons goes, but not bad for the type of show it was.
>>
>>33851308
I would like more of this
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLU_-YMPX7I
>>
>>33851463
>Brit ex-squaddie operating in London housing estate taking out drug dealers
What's the Michael Caine version of that?
That would count too.
>>
>>33847896
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HelJxzshpk
>>
>>33855753
if it's because of the long uninterrupted shot you should look up oners or long takes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q4X2vDRfRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3FlrbaHN2o
if your looking for movies that feature action packed long takes.
>saving private ryan
spielberg's movie so it's full of them.
>full metal jacket
the scene were they're bounding into the city is a good long take if i recall correctly.
>>
>>33855820
>harry brown
>>
>>33847896
I recommend these, not all of them are "operators operating operationally" but you might like them still

The Raid
Leon The Professional
John Wick
Taxi Driver
The Boondock Saints
No Country For Old Men
>>
A while back in one of these k movie threads somebody mentioned some foreign film about terrorism. Had a super bad ass trailer and I meant to watch it later but I forgot the name. It came out last year or 2015. The name is even foriegn I think it translates to the mountain or something like that. Idk.
>>
>>33855674
Man, burn notice was such an underrated show, I wish there was more of michael westen. I sometimes like to pretend that donovan's character in the sicario universe is michael westen
>>
>>33855053
Not to mention her gross incompetence with firearms and general total lack of awareness about anything.
>>
>>33855726
Going strictly off weapon handling, Battle: LA was pretty good and had some actually-decent actors, but they did shoehorn in a few too many political jabs.

90% of Heat was bullshit, it just happened to have 1 good shootout. Same deal with Way of the Gun.

Black Hawk Down and Tears of the Sun are good all the way through.
>>
Watch Daylight's End. Good operating and tactics against zombies by some of the characters. Lots of awesome guns too. Best part is, James fucking Yeager is in it as a bandit and gets shot in the head.

https://youtu.be/1nXjqwggEhA
>>
File: neighbour.jpg (25KB, 300x374px) Image search: [Google]
neighbour.jpg
25KB, 300x374px
>>33856470
Way of the Gun was overall a great fucking movie and had plenty of tense action as well. Can't you enjoy well written dialogue?

Tears of the sun is a far worse offender in the operating to overall lenght ratio.

>>33855742
>Strike Back
>overrated
>>
>>33856487
Lead is played by the same actor who played one of the two ill-fated Delta snipers in BHD. He also uses an m14 in the movie again.
>>
>>33851756

>Not watching sicario for benecio del toro
>>
>>33855842
Longest Day too.
>>
File: DATM.jpg (767KB, 1250x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DATM.jpg
767KB, 1250x1600px
There are a lot of John Ford movies you can choose from.

Drums Along the Mohawk is pretty good.
>>
File: TCCAPD.jpg (52KB, 487x708px) Image search: [Google]
TCCAPD.jpg
52KB, 487x708px
>>33855105
>cartels are more akin to a terrorist organization than a gang, and police work no matter how good cant stop them. The only way they actually made an impact difference was to commit a pseudo military operation across the border

Tom Clancy already told us this
>>
>>33858525
>Tom Clancy already told us this

>Implying that the general public reads Tom Clancy Novels or knows anything about the man outside of his name on the games
>Implying that once one guy says it in the 1980s it never needs to be said again
>Implying that a book about bombing Colombians gives the same impression on the American people as showing the violence spreading onto American soil
>Implying that the Tom Clancy's Book While a good read actually did anything to sway public opinion
>Implying the drug war has gotten better for the US since the book was released
>Implying
>Implying
>Inplying
>>
>>33847955
Free Fire is not /k/ approved the gun action is shit
>>
>>33855053
>sicario was a frustrating movie

I think that was the point. It's a story from the point of view of a bureaucratic tag along. It really plays with your expectations. You think she's chosen over her partner because she's a cowboy door kicker but you discover it's because she's just easier to manipulate and keep in the dark.
>>
>>33859184
Exactly, I mean near the end of the movie she gets all mad and demands to know why shes even here if they keep on ignoring her. He flat out says you have to be here so that we can be legally allowed to operate in country, and all those Delta oper8tors or whoever they are drop all pretenses of being nice and make it known that they think she is a burden to their team.
>>
>>33853593
>political girl cop half of the movie
It would have been the same movie with swapped genders.

>>33854071
I don't know where you guys are getting the female empowerment vibe from.

>>33855105
Actually, she wasn't a very good cop. That was why added her to the team. Her partner worked out what they were doing before she did with almost no information because he actually knew the law, that's why they excluded him.
>>
>>33859233
I suppose you have a point about her being a good cop. I meant she was good in the sense of being good on the HRT and having a somewhat capable level of oper8tor skills.

One of my favorite things about the movie is how once she joins the team at first they welcome her on. As he is looking to make her a permanent partner for his domestic operations. Someone capable enough to not get killed when in the field but stupid/manipulatable enough to let him have his way and run his operations unimpeded. Then seeing his frustration build as she starts questioning and pushing back, to the point of his team showing open animosity to her and her partner.
>>
>>33859306
Yeah, it was a great movie that way. By the end of it you're thinking back to all of the preceding scenes and picking apart everyone's conversations and body language.

It really annoys me that some people can't see past the lead's gender. I hate the SJW bullshit as much as anyone but I just don't see it here, it's just a legitimately good movie.
>>
>Sicario
>all those scenes of people firing guns in cars without silencers or earpro and then talking normally two seconds after
>>
>>33859356
Agreed one of my favorite things is when i was visiting home this winter and showed it to my dad. He was silently watching it the whole time until he end when they kill the dudes family at the dinner table and my just goes "yeah thats how you do it, kill them all, the savages". I'ts nice to know we're on the same page like that.
>>
>>33859369
I don't remember anyone but the Emily Blunt character shooting unsuppressed from inside a car. There aren't that many action scenes in the movie, which one are you talking about?
>>
>>33859427
Operator McMoustacheman did it too in Mexico.
>>
>>33859306
What bothers me most about her character is how decisive an HRT officer must be, and then how indecisive she appears in every seen after that. Especially how she hesitates for what feels like 60 seconds when she has enough evidence to suspect the guy in her apartment is on the take.

That, and how much of the soundtrack sounding like some guy with a tuba on a zipline flying past you.
>>
>>33859439
He was outside the car. Aside from Emily Blunt all of the guys immediately left their vehicles and surrounded the cartel guys vehicles.
>>
>>33859394
Yeah, you don't throw a guy's wife (or kid, I can't remember) in a barrel of acid then expect him to let your family go like it's the Godfather. Not something I agree with morally, but I get it.
>>
>>33859450
>Especially how she hesitates for what feels like 60 seconds when she has enough evidence to suspect the guy in her apartment is on the take.

She was probably doing the over/under on an average sized women beating some king kong looking motherfucker.

>That, and how much of the soundtrack sounding like some guy with a tuba on a zipline flying past you.

kek. I honestly don't remember the score.
>>
>>33859510
> doing the over/under on an average sized women beating some king kong looking motherfucker.

I meant the part where she goes to her pistol on the kitchen counter, stops, turns around and looks at him, lets him kiss her, and then bolts for the gun again when he has his hands on her. The political/moral anguish I can handle, but that her characterization there was inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>33859549
Yeah the build up to that fight was a litle weird but the actual fight itself was intense as fuck. I liked how the director didn't try any pc stonk womyn bs either, the dude had the height, weight and strength advantage and he won because of it.
>>
File: Sicario shootout.webm (3MB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
Sicario shootout.webm
3MB, 1280x530px
>>
>>33859549
Yeah, true. I think realism took a backseat to pacing and suspense in that bit. Or you could just say that sometimes rational people do irrational things.
>>
>>33856411
I think he said that he thought of the character like that too.
>>
>>33856488
It was, they do quite a few silly things with guns.
>>
>>33859450
>What bothers me most about her character is how decisive an HRT officer must be, and then how indecisive she appears in every seen after that
That's the point. Her whole world view has just been shattered and she is completely out of her element.
>>
>>33859439
Didn't shoot inside of a car. Please watch the movie before critiquing it.
>>
>>33851756
> Guns. . .are oddly quiet and muddy sounding
Nigger did we watch the same movie? Gun reports were harsh and deafening.
>>
>>33847956
>Coalburner
>Married to Jim from The Office
>>
>>33859594
>ywn operate with Buddy Holly
>>
>>33861249
If you've been kicking doors long enough to make it on the FBI HRT, I think you're going to keep your shit together long enough to walk into the kitchen and fetch your pistol.
>>
>>33859594
I wanted to see that movie but that clip looks cheesy as fuck. I'll still probably watch it sometime eventually but I'm very unimpressed by that lame shootout.
>>
>>33855470
The Big Hit
>>
>>33862822
Trust me, you're not going to like it.
>>
>>33862822
Thats some poor bait son.
>>
>>33862919
I'm absolutely dead serious, that wasn't bait at all.
>>
>>33862950
Then thats some poor taste son.
>>
>>33847956
Can we fuck her till she's red pilled?
>>
Sicario is great. One of my favorite movies of the year. The girl does get a tiny bit annoying because she's kind of dense in like "What are we doing here what's going on" in the face of a cartel enemy that blows up cop, chops people into bits, burns them in acid, hangs their naked bodies, etc

Like even in the cool ass Mexico scene she doesn't understand why these guys killed everyone when they were the ones being attacked
>>
>>33862992
Calm down there, Hinkly Jr. I didn't realize they were giving you internet access at your mom's place.
>>
>>33862968
What's the bad taste? Wanting to see the movie or not liking that shootout scene?

>beaner lifts gun
>cops shoot him
>beaner lifts gun
>cops shoot him
THE SUSPENSE
>>
>>33863030
Well, it's a short movie. They had to do what the could with a running time of 60s.
>>
>>33863030
Watch the whole scene on you tube, there's a buildup to it. plus a big part of the shootout was that those weren't trying to make an arrest, they just went through the motions necessary to kill them without getting in trouble. when you watch the scene pay attention to Mr. Mustachio and you'll see what I mean.
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 1600x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 1600x608px
>>33863021
>another for the sweat pile.
>>
>>33863086
>nice big titties
>>
>>33847896
Kelly's Heros
>>
>>
File: Siege of Jadotville.webm (3MB, 1024x426px) Image search: [Google]
Siege of Jadotville.webm
3MB, 1024x426px
>>
I'm watching Falling Down right now, really good movie.
>>
>>33863030
Lol goddamn dude, you really have no clue
>>
>>33863336

Falling down is a good movie

Too bad Michael Douglas is antigun pos
>>
>>33855726
Came into this thread to bring up Heat. Not really operator esque but that street battle is one of the best cinematic shootouts Ive seen. Love that flick.
>>
>>33851308
Holy shit had to watch the rest of the first one
Das nuts mang
>>
>>33859594
>Dat reflex double tap after she shoots the cop
>>
>>33848048
>9th Company

Da, Good times.
>>
File: 1488936166357.jpg (34KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
1488936166357.jpg
34KB, 600x380px
>>33863286
>>33863305

Siege of Jadotville is a GOOD fucking movie. a GREAT fucking movie even.

>mfw the bar scene
>>
>>33851909
Holyshit a fellow canuck. Not many people know Letterkenny.
>>
>>33863030
i think you would enjoy john meme or the accountant more.
>>
>Shoot em up
>Sucker Punch

Pretty much what I think the average /k/ poster really likes these days.
>>
>>33851909
Yous notice things that I don't, Anon, and I gots ta say that's what I appreciates about ya.
>>
>>33865057
Is that all that yous appreciates about him, anon?
>>
>>33864300
they're fuckin ten ply, bud.
>>
>>33865072
>bud

oh you leafs, everytiem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M
>>
>>33855053
>sicario was a frustrating movie

it's how things would go down though, imagine the EUwere to sent forces against ISIS. the shit for brain zombies here would demand the IS fighters be arrested, not termianted with extreme prejudice. there are literally returned IS fighter numbering in the thousands in the EU, living on the dole, without prosecution. no, I'm not a conspiracy theorist alarmist. look it up.
>>
>>33862615
Apparently his character was influenced by Mike Vining.
>>
>>33859104

Agreed.

Also

> Inplying

lel
>>
>>33862805

First off, as far as I remember, that was a local SWAT team that had a FBI tag along, and not FBI HRT. An FBI Special Agent wouldn't lead a HRT raid. One might lead it if he comes up to the local Chief and puts a tough-bossgirl show.

Not everybody is Thomas Norris. Some are just good enough to get in
>>
>>33865620
Did you watch the movie? She starts as an FBI agent that leads a tactical team targeting cartels and human trafficking. They specifically say she has been "kicking doors since day one"
>>
>>33851674
Few caps for the ones wanting a wallpaper
>>
File: 1.png (799KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
799KB, 1920x800px
>>33865794
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-05-08-25-57.png (810KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-05-08-25-57.png
810KB, 1440x2560px
I suggest you guys the Edgar Renton.

Lots of a/k/tion clips
>>
>>33865982
amen
>>
File: best k movie.jpg (10KB, 124x180px) Image search: [Google]
best k movie.jpg
10KB, 124x180px
>>33847896

The Way of the Gun

Possibly my favorite movie in general, but pretty great gun handling for it's day.
>>
File: SPPistol.jpg (117KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SPPistol.jpg
117KB, 800x600px
>>33864998
>>Sucker Punch
I think generally it is pretty kek but I just like it, and probably just me.
>>
>>33866867
wasn't the director's brother a BUD's graduate?
>>
>>33865982
i think i have to watch season three of fargo now.
>>
>>33866939

Something along those lines. I thought he was a retired SEAL, but it's been a long time since I listened to the director comments
>>
>>33866912
As purely guilty fanservice/masturbatory entertainment, it has value. Story wise, it ain't no Shutter Island, for sure.
>>
>>33853778
You're kidding right? It was fucking terrible. Nothing they did made any sense.
>>
>>33865798
>>33865794
Thx pal , have a personal favorite of mine
>>
I just watched Sand Castle was a pretty cool movie. Only one real "operator" scene but filled with some cool gun battles and a pretty real view of what it was like there.
>>
>>33867019
All three seasons of Fargo
>>
>>33847896
Jesse Stone movies.
>>
>>33863286
Basiclly a movie about dude shooting in one direction and none of them die. Very boring.
>>
>>33863286
>>33863305
I thought this was a decent flick, but it was as subtle and nuanced as a sledgehammer. I felt that they really held back on the battle scenes too, they felt rather half-baked.
>>
>>33861245
I dont think you know what overrated means friendo.
>>
>>33851756
crying and generally sucking at being an FBI agent. situational awareness and intuition of a potato brain.
p. s. torrents usually have very compressed audio.
>>
>>33869331
I hate that fucking main character, dude is a buddy fucking coward with conscript syndrome
>>
>>33851756
>t. 12 year old
>>
Siege of Jadotville is great man. The scene where the Mercenary Company commander got nailed with the Bren was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTc6CbR9uBU
>>
>>33870462
The counter battery fire with the mortars was fucking lit.
>>
>>33870543
Fuck yeah man, that shit was absolutely great. I need to get an older FAL.
>>
>>33864385
thanks ill check them out
>>
>>33855838
Wow
>>
>>33870462
agreed
>>
>>33859394
Tfw father,son rwds
>>
>>33871138
Yeah I used to not be that close with my Dad, but we've been fucking tight ever since he went on a 1 week cross country road trip last summer. I'm probably gonna get him a weekend AZ hunting license for a varmiting trip this fall.
>>
>>33853935
@5:20
"whoops"
>>
>>33870221
I don't think you know what it means, either.
>>
Dreamcatcher, it's a great innawoods sci-fi movie..
>>
>>33855685
source?
>>
>>33847999

Take your meds.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.