[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Offical* Hear protection General/ HPG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: qtshooting.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
qtshooting.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
>Is hearing protection necessary?

>Should I get ear plugs or muffs?

>What about noise canceling muffs?

*NOTICE*____ All non shooters need not post.
>>
Actually I am thinking of getting some new muffs. Which ones should i get?

Hard mode must be on amazon and have prime shipping.
>>
>>33844926
WHAT??
>>
>Is hearing protection necessary?
yes you fucking retard
>Should I get ear plugs or muffs?
If shooting centerfire rifles then use both, unless
>What about noise canceling muffs?
These are best
>>
>>33844934
budget?
>>33845056
better question: MSA or Peltor in the gucci-tier earpro
>>
Muffs are necessary
For eating and shooting
>>
>>33845063
>MSA or Peltor in the gucci-tier earpro
I've been using a pair of $10 muffs i got from dick's or academy sports I don't even remember, for years. gucci ear pro is a scam
>>
>>33845063

idk i need 2 pairs so prob 50 each?
>>
File: 20170417_171201-01.jpg (228KB, 832x832px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_171201-01.jpg
228KB, 832x832px
Always wear earpro even with most suppressors. Stick to plugs and passive 3M and Howard Leight muffs, and save for nice active ear pro like MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X with gel cups, Peltors with gel cups, and always double up with something like Surefire EPs.

Pictured is my go-to sordins.
>>
>>33845089
And the main edge MSA has over cheaper Peltors, but both with gel cups, is the audio quality on the MSA is noticeably better in wind than the Peltor. But neither will stop you from hearing communication with them on.
>>
>>33845063
Peltors are nicer and better made regardless of whether you're going for comms or not and you can get Peltor Comtac hearing defenders for 200. MSAs are fine too but they just don't feel as quality. If all you do is go to the range and don't care about being gucci just get Howard Leights.
>>
what about these...in teal they r only 37

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Amplification-Electronic-R-01526/dp/B001T7QJ9O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1493823848&sr=8-6&keywords=noise+cancelling+ear+muffs
>>
>>33845108
Junk because of the foam earcups. Awful seal.
>>
>>33844934
At $50 each you're looking at either Howard Leight Impact Sports on sale or non-electronic earmuffs.

There ARE electronic muffs that are regularly under that, but they're shit.

Some of my favorite muffs are actually Peltor Shotgunners
>decent NRR
>doesn't interfere with cheek weld with any long gun since they were designed specifically for long gun use
>compact on-ear design doesn't get super uncomfortable when sweaty
>folds up to a little smaller than a softball
>they're like $15
>>
>>33845107
I disagree with that. I was issued both Comtacs and Sordin II's, the Sordins had them beat on build quality, sound quality, battery life, and waterproofing (my first pair of issued comtac's shorted out in heavy rain, the Sordins are submersible to 5 meters).
>>
>>33845107

i've got the older Leights and they're good for $50, but they might as well be passive given the clipping. i hear the new ones compress. also i want gel, and the NRR of Peltor/MSAs in the actual frequency of gunfire is more than adequate (1-2 MHz, which is why the NRR of 18/21 is misleading)

the Leight Impact Sport Bolts have new circuitry for louder amplification, faster response, and compression. get those.
>>
Any muff suggestions for glasses? My Howard Leight don't seal well because of the arms of my glasses. An anon recommended the gel cups but I can't find for the Howard Leight (there are some "cool pads" that dudes online said didn't seal any better). Should I shell out for a diff brand with gel?
>>
Howard Leight Impact Sports.
Currently on sale at Cabelas.
/thread
>>
ok I'll get these

https://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Shotgunner-Low-Profile-Hearing-Protector/dp/B01BGHVPYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493824799&sr=8-1&keywords=Peltor%2BShotgunners&th=1

what NRR should i get?
>>
>>33845244
the higher NRR, the better.
>>
>>33845158
What model of Comtacs? Comms or no comms?
>>
>>33845277
Original comtacs, comms.
>>
This hardly requires a general, take your cancer elsewhere.
>>
>>33845283
I've never seen a set of Comtac Is so I can't comment but my Comtac III hear defenders and Xpi are much nicer than my Sordin pros.
>>
>>33845309
The Comtac II's were a huge improvement over the 1's, but still inferior to the Sordin II's. I've not used anything newer from either company.
>>
>>33844926
I've got a pair of Sordins I got surplus for like $30, the com lead was cut off and now the electronics are fucky. They work on their own as ear pro but am I able to send them to MSA to have them fix the electronics so they don't cut out and shut off after 5 min?
>>
>offical
>>
>>33844926

I just use both usually, muffs over plugs. My buddy shoots a snappy AR-15, and I own a Fudderifick R700 in 30-06 and my ears aren't even a little discomforted.
>>
File: brain.jpg (87KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
87KB, 650x500px
>tfw shot SMAW a few times without earpro
>>
File: 1489214082009.jpg (76KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1489214082009.jpg
76KB, 460x345px
>needs to make a """""""general"""""""" to disguise his stupid one off question

Howard Leigh Impact Sport now fuck right off.
>>
1000 pack of plugs is dirt cheap

Then double up with any well reviewed pair of muffs

Remember, even most suppressed stuff can still damage you.
>>
>>33844926
Only fags use hearing muffs
>>
Recommend me some gucci earplugs, some of those fancy molded ones that are fit for your ears. $200 budget
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.