[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOTM drill of the month accuracy general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: sweet 16.png (112KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
sweet 16.png
112KB, 801x801px
>Rifles sub-edition

Welcome to Month 2 anons! Come shoot the Sweet 16 with us!

>rules in pic

>You don't have to shoot with a duty/carry handgun, but you are encouraged to, this is the "limited" division and the heart and soul of our drills
>you are free to modify the rules to enable people with restrictive ranges or atypical handguns as long as you remain within the spirit.
>Shooting with an odd duck gun or unconventional gun is considered in the "open" division
>you may shoot these drills as many times as you want and are encouraged to post results with pictures and content

>these threads are designed to promote participation and meaningful training and practice
>we try to be a little more friendly here, but joking around and typical /k/ humor is welcome

A ez mode target for this is a stack of note cards stapled/taped to a piece of cardboard

"The goal of DOTM is to have fun and get people shooting. With that in mind, shoot this as much as you'd like and share your results. However, some of the drills we post have a certain spirit to them. We encourage you to keep to the intent of the drill, as that will provide you with the most information about your level of skill and thus provide an accurate baseline upon which to improve."

>old thread
>>33804435
>>
File: DOTM rifle edition.png (71KB, 1158x1160px) Image search: [Google]
DOTM rifle edition.png
71KB, 1158x1160px
>>33844749
Here's the rifle edition I'm spearheading for the month. Hopefully this will enable some euros and younger folk to shoot too.

ANY RIFLE IS WELCOME. If you have special restrictions or can't figure out how to shoot this the proscribed way with your gear and/or range setup, ASK! We'll figure something out. If you don't have access to a 100 yard range we will create reduced-size targets for you!

Printer friendly B8 and B3 targets in follow-on posts
>>
File: 1490876946596.jpg (119KB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1490876946596.jpg
119KB, 1200x1650px
>>33844761
Printer-friendly B8. Yes, this works with normal copy paper, yes it is scaled appropriately.
>>
File: scaled B3.png (229KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
scaled B3.png
229KB, 1700x2200px
>>33844770
And the printer-friendly B3. Same shit, works with copy paper and any printer.
>>
Rules for "hardmode" - Take the basic ruls for Sweet 16 and apply these par times per distance:

Hard Mode:

Shooter will begin with a holstered pistol and with their hands at their sides. Pistol is to be holstered in whatever you've got. However, if the holster is not concealed, subtract .5 sections from all PAR times; if the holster has a retention device, use the concealed PAR. On the signal, shooter will draw and fire one round at the 3x5 card and, if successful, move back as directed by the OP.

PAR TIMES:

- All shots within 7 yards: PAR of 2.0 seconds.
- All shots between 8 and 15 yards: PAR of 2.5 seconds.
- All shots between 16 and 25 yards: PAR of 3.0 seconds.
- All shots beyond 25 yards: PAR of 4.0 seconds

Timing procedures:

If you have a shot timer, simply use the shot timer. You should record your actual time for each string. If you do not have access to a shot timer, many apps are available for both Android and iOS: download one of your choosing, set your phone to max volume, and set a par time with a delayed start. For results, record Y/N within par (be honest).
>>
File: S16 5 3 17.jpg (378KB, 1250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
S16 5 3 17.jpg
378KB, 1250x1000px
>reposting my current EZ mode PB, gonna smash it tomorrow/weekend I hope

>Started at the 15, made 11 hits so score of 25 - those 2 ultra fliers were my last two shots, I got psychologically compromised when I realized where I was, fuck my shitty nerves.

Easiest way to score I've found is count your hits and subtract 1, then add that value to your starting distance
>>
File: DOTM MONTH 1 RESULTS.jpg (746KB, 1921x3074px) Image search: [Google]
DOTM MONTH 1 RESULTS.jpg
746KB, 1921x3074px
Here's the results from last months drill, YOU ROCK GUYS
>>
So apparently with rain again today I'm flooded in. All roads leading out of my neighborhood are under water.

Fuck.

How am I supposed to shoot now?
>suppose I could shoot in the back yard, not like cops could get here to do anything about it
>inb4 cops pull up in a jon boat
>>
>>33848653
Rent an airboat and larp as Burt Reynolds in gator
>>
Two new kydex holsters and a belt sheath for my TDI came in today. I feel so dirty.
>>
>>33849655
It was a speedboat
>>
File: Handgats1.jpg (233KB, 1429x728px) Image search: [Google]
Handgats1.jpg
233KB, 1429x728px
>>33846864
>My ass results are in there

Uh... Okay.
>>
>>33851841
You still did significantly better than everyone who simply didn't shoot it, and it was good practice, so why not?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.