[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorka's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6306-1000x1000.jpg (105KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6306-1000x1000.jpg
105KB, 1000x1000px
I'm thinking of getting my first gorka. Should I?What's the best style/manufacturer? What's a reliable and trustworthy store to get one from and are there any in the U.S.?

pic reated: One I'm considering along with the Bars gorka 3.
>>
Buy civilian hiking equipment as it will be cheaper, better made, fit properly, actually useful in poor weather and won't look foolish.
>>
Autism
>>
Splav
>>
>>33844258
>fit
Oh Lord, this.
The pants fit about as fine as you could expect, but the jacket is like a bag about the waist. This is even with two layers of wool underwear, a wool sweater, a fleece jacket and a shell jacket under it. Not that I care so much about being effay or showing off the lines of my physique when I dress that warmly, but the fit around the waist was ridiculous. Length and arms were OK, though.
>>
>>33844258
What do you recommend? The only thing I see with similar aesthetics to gorka is fjallraven, and that's gucci prices.
>>
>>33844360
Sounds like you just got one the wrong size for you

Got a #4 that fits like a glove

You can buy em direct from russia on ebay OP
>>
>>33844389
>>33844258
about fit, I'm going by the guide from grey shop. 54-56 says it's a 38 inch waist. I have 40. Next size up is 42-44 inch. Does it have a lot of leeway in the waist to let it go at least a size up or even 2?
>>
>>33844366
Not who responded to you, but...
I'd suggest just buying backpacking gear. It should be lightweight and quick drying. Only problem is I doubt it'd meet your "aesthetic" requirement, it'll probably be made up of bright colors... But, I'd recommend "Prana" brand for pants, though its a backcountry hippy brand. Avoid cotton.
>>
>>33844247
SSO makes the best gorkas
>>
>>33844464
It's definitely got leeway (a 38 will fit a 40), but the larger size would likely be fine on you as well, since with some under-garments on it'll fill it out
>>
I wear a weird oilskin pvc hybrid jacket, it's quite as all fuck and keep the wind and snow out. Trust me anon 90s hunting clothes are the shit.
>>
>>33844464
I would size down if I were you. What's the climate like where you are? Will you be wearing many layers under it?
>>
>>33844247
Sponsn/sso, bars is lower quality on a already simple and lower quality kit. Not ti say they are bad but gorkas are simple.
>>
>>33844913
I live in NE us so usually climate is from -5 to 95 F. I don't think I'll survive with thing at either of those extremes but wanting a new durable windproof layer for in between. I intend to just wear a wool sweater,flannel, hoodie etc. and maybe get some type of pant liner. I'll try not to go beyond 3 layers for usual use.
>>
>>33844247
Just get civillian outdoors clothing. People somehow think that antiquated garbage made on the cheap at a 'good-nough' level of quality somehow holds a candle against the godly advances in material tech the civy free market offers.

That or you just want to look like a slav-perator, in which case more power to you, bud.
>>
>>33845358
I just thought it would be a cheap but effective clothing proven in Chechnya and Afghanistan. Civilian stuff is usually 200 and up for just a jacket and it's in bright colors or black while this is $130 with shipping for jacket and pants in earthy colors and camo.

I don't expect it to be waterproof but to have loads of pockets in the right spots and durable and windproof. I've not been a fan of waterproof membranes for jackets lately, since they hold sweat unless I take it off and put it on a clothesline.
>>
>>33845400
Proven is a bit of a stretch in many cases.

Give private sellers and such a more thorough look. I bought every scrap of my camping clothing for no more than 70% msrp at worst that way. Paying retail is for chumps.
>>
It's a cotton-duck jacket and pants.
Literally Russian Carhartt.

It's also fucking useless as anything other than a wind layer, which is what the Russians use it for.
If you get caught out in the rain with it it's gonna be a bad fucking time.
As others have said, civvie backpacking shit absolutely BTFOs milsurp shit in every sense except price. And even then you can get REI store brand shit that will destroy fucking Gorka or any milsurp shit for that matter.

I'm speaking as someone who works innawoods and hikes thousands of wilderness miles. I used to use milsurp shit and it's much, much worse than decent backpacking gear. Which, coincidentally, is why you see soldiers using civvie shit rather than issue stuff so often when they have the chance.
>>
>>33844247
SSO make the best but Bars are OK
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.