[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legit Question for /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Crit. Duty.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Crit. Duty.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Is there an expiration for ammunition? (mostly asking because I've been carrying some 3 year old Hornady Critical Duty) Does old ammunition have a higher tendency to cause malfunctions?
>>
File: IBVdCTo.gif (718KB, 534x300px) Image search: [Google]
IBVdCTo.gif
718KB, 534x300px
>>33842738
>>
You kinda picked the one round that DOES have age issues. loading and unloading critical duty causes the hollow to crimp around the stupid plastic wad, and can cause failure to expand.
>>
>>33842776
If that is the case, then what kind of rounds wouldn't have that kinds of problem yet? (I seem to only use hornady critical duty and thought you get what you pay for
>>
>>33842819
All other brands.
>>
>>33842819
ammo lasts decades if stored properly, rattling around in mags exposed to the elements for 3 years is not stored properly.
>>
>>33842925
so then what is the average lifespan of carry ammo? (guess I should have put this question at the top instead)
>>
>>33843007
try to rotate every 6 months. you can go longer but ammo is cheap and you should practice with the rounds you carry at least twice a year.

note excessive chambering leads to issues too. dont be that guy who removes the round in the chamber before he goes to sleep then reloads it in the morning. or your going to suffer from bullet setback or dead primers.
>>
>>33843007
Normally it is best to cycle out at the range every year. Some climates might be bad for the ammo. On the plus side you get more used to your normal carry ammo instead of the FMJ ammo.
>>
>>33842776
>loading and unloading critical duty causes the hollow to crimp around the stupid plastic wad, and can cause failure to expand.
utter bullshit
>>
>>33843047
Honestly this is my main excuse to rotate my carry rounds once or twice a year.

It's a nice excuse to practice shooting with the good stuff.
>>
File: oh my god jc a bomb.jpg (61KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
oh my god jc a bomb.jpg
61KB, 576x1024px
>>33842738

keep an eye on the setback of the bullet in the casing for the first couple of rounds in your magazine.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.