[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good gun to start out with. /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Guns.jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Guns.jpg
14KB, 275x183px
I've decided that I want to buy myself a firearm soon around my 19th birthday since I'll be moving out of my parent's. They've always been very liberal and hated guns. I've only shot a few with my grandpa who had quite a few. I was thinking about starting off with a handgun and getting a rifle for hunting later. I'm not much of a gun nut, but I can handle maintenance.
>>
File: 1492735892112.jpg (74KB, 296x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492735892112.jpg
74KB, 296x1024px
Here is a guide.
>>
>>33842658
Thanks
>>
>>33842642
Start off on the right foot and get a SCAR17
>>
>>33842642
Guns are shit. They're just plastic that superheat metal projectiles to kill. Nerf or nothing
>>
File: Cheap Guns list.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
Cheap Guns list.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>33842642
Here is the poor man's gun list. I suggest with a 9mm to start as base.
>>
>>33842642
>What's a good gun to start out with. /k/?

bolt action .22lr
>>
>>33842642
A .22 caliber rifle is a good way to cozy up to firearm ownership. The Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60 are both reliable, time-tested, and not very expensive - both can be had in the $180-200 range brand new. If you have a bit of extra cash, I might even suggest the 10/22 Takedown, which is a version of the 10/22 that's designed to separate into pieces for easy transport (they even come with their own backpack-style carry bag). I have a Takedown and really like it, but it'll cost about $100 more than the standard 10/22.

If you want a nice accessory for that, I'd recommend a Nikon P-Rimfire scope. It's not exactly a "Bradley Cooper in Iraq" kind of scope, but it's a good, solid, basic way to get started.

Welcome to the world of firearm ownership, anon!
>>
>>33842642
>I was thinking about starting off with a handgun
Where I live you have to be 21 to purchase a pistol. If that doesn't apply to you, then it's a good choice to start with, as a pistol can be carried with you everywhere you go (openly or concealed, depending on local laws). 9mm is a good caliber to start with because it is cheap and easy to shoot. Glock, S&W M&P, and Springfield XD are among the most common carry pistols and you can't really go wrong with any of them, just make sure they fit your hand comfortably.

>getting a rifle for hunting later
For a rifle, .22lr is great for plinking/learning to shoot but I would not plan on hunting anything larger than small game (ie rabbits; note you can kill a deer with .22lr but it is considered unethical by most hunters and is downright illegal where I live). A better option would be something in .243 win; its great for prairie dogs and coyotes on up to deer/goat. If you'd rather aim for medium to big game (deer up to hog/elk/brown bear) I suggest at least a .30 caliber bolt action (ie 30-06, .308 win, 7mm are very common). Savage makes very affordable, accurate out of the box rifles; if you want to step up in price the Remington 700 is a highly recommended and proven option.
>>
>>33842642
Poor child, I couldn't imagine my childhood without killing 4 rabbits + a deer every day. Anyways get yourself:
CZ 452
Remington 870
Remington 700 (must be second hand and well loved)
Then build your collection from there.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 443x332px
>>33843684
>243
Oh my sweet summer child.
>>
>>33842742
>Raven in the trash

Okay /k/ some guy is selling one in .25 acp for 50 dollars near me. Just for shits n giggles. Should I? Or will the gun be so awful.

Yea I realize hes probably a nog that shot someone with it.
>>
>>33842642
Yugo SKS or a cheapo AR (Del-Ton or S&W Sport). Don't buy into the .22 crap, and don't go for an expensive caliber like .243 or .308.
>>
Get a Glock 19, M&P Shield or Sig for a handgun. Get a M&P15, SLR107 or HK 94 / HK-g36 for rifle. Get a Mossberg 590, Remington 870 or Benelli M4 for a shotgun
>>
>>33842642
Ar15 or a 22, depending on just how poor you are.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.