[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POWS STILL ALIVE IN LAOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: pow.jpg (26KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
pow.jpg
26KB, 500x292px
This TIME article was published in 2001. There were militiamen (Bo Gritz, who supposedly made too much of this public and the CIA scrapped it) who attempted a mission to find American pilots imprisoned in Laos. The article states the town, the prison, and that there were markers on the ground requesting help visible from satellite photos in the 1980s.

>a decent large number of American soldiers was seen
>just around town, working on roads
>mostly shuffled between caves and the prison
>US officials shown the prison years later but pushed through rapidly, not allowed to check prison logs or communicate

Please, can we get behind this? I would love nothing more than to see living American airmen come back home. I think /k/ can make it happen. Maybe one of you is from the area or /trv/

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,163082,00.html

>W/1" was one of the most sensitive sources the CIA ever developed in Laos: an elderly woman with close ties to the communist leadership in the capital of Vientiane. Only a handful of senior officials in Washington were privy to her information. According to CIA documents, on Nov. 14, 1980, W/1 gave her CIA handlers a startling report: about 30 U.S. pilots were working on a road gang near the central Laotian town of Nhommarath. Those same summaries reported that a spy-satellite photo confirmed that a prison camp had recently been built near the town.
>>
>the end game of holding on to POWs for so long is...?
>>
>>33840450
Free work, which they were getting up until the 1980s at least, and they are still old enough to work now, even if it's not so much hard labor.

Also weren't there dozens of American leftists related to important US politicians and in Hollywood who came over to visit the North Vietnamese? They saw the treatment of POWs and did nothing; Jane Fonda handed a note detailing the abuse back to a guard and the POW was punished for it. Imagine if the son of a senator did this. It would be in everyones best interests to let sleeping dogs lie.
>>
>>33840450
This. Why would you hold Americans and at least not ransom them? Otherwise you would have let them go after 1975
>>
File: pow.png (2MB, 1301x761px) Image search: [Google]
pow.png
2MB, 1301x761px
Here's the town in Laos with the prison. Even finding evidence that they were held after the war for so long would be damning but I bet they're still there. Remember, this happened with the Japanese in Korea just a few years ago.

It's in central Laos, not too far from the Vietnamese border. There is a reservoir just north of town.
>>
>>33840517
>implying there's a shortage of slave labor in a communist country
>>
>>33840517
>hold Americans hostage for slave labor when there are plenty of your own countrymen that you could enslave

Talk about high risk for low reward.

>b-but the leftists

Oh I see, you're just an idiot.
>>
>>33840528
This satellite photo of a Laos rice field in 1988? The article details many reports of Thai military units picking up radio chatter about transporting POWs into the 80s, and this rice field is nearly the 90s.
>>
File: uncommon valor.jpg (99KB, 350x237px) Image search: [Google]
uncommon valor.jpg
99KB, 350x237px
>>33840423
I've seen this movie.
>>
>>33840571
My point is that there were North Vietnamese sympathizers who went to Vietnam and saw the prisoners, everyone knows this.

I remember reading Mark Bucher's book about his experience as a North Korean POW from the captured USS Pueblo. He saw an American journalist there who was working closely with the Koreans. Their website which they still maintain is asking if anyone knows who he is, and nobody has come forward with info since the boat was captured in 68. Some of the POWs saw things they probably shouldn't have, or were marked as dead, and the town is even known - there are backpackers who've been to the caves they were supposedly held in decades later and up until at least the late 1980s satellites were seeing signals in the rice fields.

What if, Anons?
>>
The US left tens of thousands of POW's behind after WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc

This has been known for a long time
US government covered it up.

>>33840528
Why would they give a shit about people who's own government has abandoned? Same reason the USSR kept onto so many US POW's.
>>
>>33840697
I don't know if you have any honor or loyalty to your own countrymen, even if your government has given up on them you don't, why? They're your brothers regardless, they were promised to be never left behind by they're fellow countrymen and we have a duty to honor that. This isn't fedora tipping this is making sure we honor our bargains otherwise we might as well just openly tell those we left behind we don't care
>>
Fuck the US government for covering this up and leaving them all behind
>>
>>33840661
did u see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNm9Tzo5rvI
-----

there is a sad story of a pow in vietnam who turnd out to be a native with french blood, could have been a nutter or a lame psyop that caused his family much grief
http://www.fakewarriors.org/phonies/phonies486.htm
>>
>>33840517
Jane Fonda smartly passed that note back to the gaurd, with full intended purpose. She could have refused the note. The "note" may as well been played by enemy hands. Many factors surround what happens. Whether it is positively seen or not, it was to protect other prisoners.

If your are a POW, you are compromised personnel and will be treated as such.

A million angles to this.

>Jane Fonda note story is fake tho'
>>
I want to believe.
>>
>>33840517
>Jane Fonda handed a note detailing the abuse back to a guard and the POW was punished for it.

literally never happened. just because your father-brother told you a story doesn't make it true.
>>
>>33840808
fuck off jane
>>
>>33840743
Thats the risk of going on foreign adventures, being kept as a slave by the non-whites
>>
>Prison camp and distress symbols seen in 1988 at Nhommarath, Laos
>Villagers and informants report seeing Arimen, give names
>Area north of Nhommarath is dammed by Nan Theun Dam and reservoir, construction started 2005, may have covered up prison
>Col. Hrdlicka was seen in the early 1990s in Sam Neua
>His family reports that the military is not investigating, and from following their reports, they put out no information at all. The only info they put out is rebuttals when the family provides information from their own private research

I thought it would be easier to explain by saying they saw people they shouldn't have seen, or been a part of illegal missions, but the reality is the US abandoned them and probably doesn't want the publicity of admitting they left dozens of people alive in the jungles for so many years.
>>
>>33840691
So this "American journalist" was totally an American journalist definitely working with the North Koreans despite the claimed eyewitness being unable to recognize the person's name, face, or affiliated media outlet.

>50-year-old eyewitness testimony without any corroborating evidence it completely legit, you guys

Seems legit.
>>
>>33840423
>>33840866
Do you know how much tech and survival knowledge flight officers have. They are swiss army knives. I don't think crop circles is what they meant for an SOS or headcount.
>>
>>33840866
>>Prison camp and distress symbols seen in 1988 at Nhommarath, Laos
>>Villagers and informants report seeing Arimen, give names
>>Area north of Nhommarath is dammed by Nan Theun Dam and reservoir, construction started 2005, may have covered up prison
>>Col. Hrdlicka was seen in the early 1990s in Sam Neua
>>His family reports that the military is not investigating, and from following their reports, they put out no information at all. The only info they put out is rebuttals when the family provides information from their own private research

>being unable to progress beyond the first stage
>>
>>33840780
Fuck you and your commie whore. It should be legal to shoot you and her in the chest and let you bleed to death
>>
>>33840822
Nah this is a chain email from the 90's if you believe that shit then you are a fucking moron.

Do you honestly think if she had actually got a POW injured or harmed she would still be free or alive today?

I mean really brush up on those critical thinking skills.
>>
>>33840926
If they're on a work team they would do this. Pilots aren't Delta Force.

Here's a letter the DIA sent to pilot Hrdlicka's family in 1990, detailing how he escaped in 1989 but was recaptured. The source gave his personal info and other Americans were involved.

The government fucked up. They left people behind and don't want to face the media with this.

https://www.powhrdlicka.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TimelineDLescape-1990.pdf
>>
>>33840423

fuck em, let them rot
>>
File: Hanoi_Jane.jpg (23KB, 267x287px) Image search: [Google]
Hanoi_Jane.jpg
23KB, 267x287px
Fonda said this on her own website in 2011 and it's archived and on Wikipedia ffs

>I was exhausted and an emotional wreck after the 2-week visit ... The translator told me that the soldiers wanted to sing me a song.... It was a song about the day 'Uncle Ho' declared their country's independence in Hanoi's Ba Dinh Square. I heard these words: "All men are created equal; they are given certain rights; among these are life, Liberty and Happiness."... I began to cry and clap. These young men should not be our enemy.... The soldiers asked me to sing for them in return ... I memorized a song called "Day Ma Di", written by anti-war South Vietnamese students.... I finished. Everyone was laughing and clapping, including me ...

>Here is my best, honest recollection of what happened: someone (I don't remember who) led me towards the gun, and I sat down, still laughing, still applauding. It all had nothing to do with where I was sitting. I hardly even thought about where I was sitting. The cameras flashed ... It is possible that it was a set up, that the Vietnamese had it all planned. I will never know. But if they did I can't blame them. The buck stops here. If I was used, I allowed it to happen ... a two-minute lapse of sanity that will haunt me forever ... But the photo exists, delivering its message regardless of what I was doing or feeling. I carry this heavy in my heart. I have apologized numerous times for any pain I may have caused servicemen and their families because of this photograph. It was never my intention to cause harm.

So Jane is literally saying that this photo of her with a helmet on in the trenches by a gun surrounded by reporters is a mistake. I guess she was visiting just for fun and not propaganda. We can trust whatever she says.
>>
>>33841207
>getting booty-blasted because your ancient urban legends are just that
>>
>>33841266
noone believes you ted even if you pay them to be your friends
>>
it was indeed possible since the military had listed around 1,000 soldiers as missing by the end of the war but many of them are probably dead by now, assuming they were alive to begin with.
>>
>>33840517
>Free work
The Laos economy is made up of handouts, they get free work by just letting foreign NGOs come to the country and pay people to do work.

Also, foreign NGOs are everywhere in Laos and possibly outnumbered only by backpackers. The idea that a chain-gang of foreigners would exist in Laos without attracting attention is ridiculous.

The one thing that is completely obvious from your post is that you have never been to Laos.
>>
>>33843328
look at the closet noguns commie trying to hide warcrimes. how pathetic
>>
Are there any other towns where they've been seen? It doesn't seem too hard to look into, it's already a popular route with backpackers
>>
Bo Gritz was a fucking maniac, and I see no real reason that the Vietnamese would have for retaining POWs when they already returned the vast majority of them to us.
>>
>>33844148
Different guy, but the Laotians have nothing to gain from this. They already keep their heads down on the international scene to avoid any negative press, if they were actually still holding POWs then they'd not only be put high up on our shit list, no one would be willing to take their side except for Vietnam.
>>
>>33845232
Vietnam wouldn't take their side, or I doubt they would. We abandoned our POWs, I already linked to a DIA letter to a family with proof her husband escaped in 89 but was recaptured. They probably have an unspoken agreement with the US no keep quiet.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.