[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ approved and tested gloves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

CTRL + F, No glove thread.
I need some good gloves to resist rifle heat and hold up to some use. Are these a meme or do they hold up well?
>>
>>33839836
Just go buy some mechanix gloves. Don't fall for the memes.
>>
>>33839836
I have/had 3 pairs of Oakley hard knuckles, they work fine, and are comfy, but will fall apart if they're used hard. Normal range and rifle classes are fine usually, but for $70 (msrp I think) they should be a lot better. They're also a pain to wash, I had to throw one pair away they stank so bad and I couldn't get the smell out. I have some of their other gloves that are a bit slimmer in profile and they work better IMO, also SKD PIG gloves are pretty great.
>>
OR ironsights.
>>
>operator tier
PIG gloves
OR iron sights
nomex flight gloves
golf gloves (trust me m8)

>good tier
mechanix original and fast fit
under armor gloves (especially for cold weather gloves)

>expensive gloves with tags still on them used only for gear queer pictures
anything oakley
any mpact or other mechanix gloves with "armor"
arcteryx
magpul gloves
>>
File: download (13).jpg (19KB, 227x274px) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
19KB, 227x274px
>>33839914
Hi squiddles!
>>
>>33840052
Thanks m8. I dig the OR Ironsights. Might bout to order.
>>
>>33840066
:^)
>>
>>33840052
>golf gloves
Trust is earned and cheap golf gloves are awesome as long as they don't get wet.
>>
I used Blackhawk fury commandos for every deployment. They were originally issued but then supply started buying the hard knuckle Wiley x's so I started buying them. I was a dog handler and the only complaint was the leash would tear through the forefinger and thumb while feeding the retractable and guiding the dog.

If you're not working a dog they are great gloves. I still have a pair from 2010 that are serviceable beside the wear from the retractable leash I mentioned before.
>>
>>33839914
Pack with charcoal to remove smell
>>
>>33840289
Yeah, but for a real hot environment where even thin fabric gloves are too bulky golf gloves are pretty fuckin skits
>>
File: redbull gives u boners.jpg (188KB, 872x872px) Image search: [Google]
redbull gives u boners.jpg
188KB, 872x872px
>>33839836

magpul flight gloves are best all around for purposes of shooting and also flame retardant to a degree, however standard flight gloves work just as well but magpuls feel durable

wileyx kevlar gloves are robust enough to handle concertina wire and use for bushcraft and shit like that, but they aren't that great for shooting

pig gloves are the best for shooting however the worst for flame retardant properties and picking up sharp things

cheap mechanix, 5.11, under armour gloves and arc'teryx glove liners are all cheap and will eventually be destroyed through hard use because i have destroyed them through hard use

my buddy who did secret squirrel training actually recommends oakley gloves or RFI gloves above all others

if you want a pair that holds up then wileyx shit is for you, however they are expensive as fuck, but they saved my hands from being melted by a hot M2 barrel
>>
>>33840977
Wiley x is not good enough to handle c wire. Nothing is except those giant fucking c wire gloves wth the metal rivets.

This guy is full of shit.
>>
>>33841075

in our fucked up unit that did not provide c-wire gloves we had dudes using their bare hands to try and get that shit spread out to cover a 100 meter distance

we tried using our winter gloves and summer shooting gloves but the wire fucked our shit up, i kept getting pricked with my wileyx's on but they didn't tear to shit like some other dudes gloves that didn't have real leather/kevlar

i'm not saying it is smart to use them for c-wire, and they are definitely not going to work for razor wire, but they won't get destroyed to shit if you have to
>>
I like my iron clad
>>
File: average kommando.jpg (131KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
average kommando.jpg
131KB, 1040x1040px
>>33840977
>>
>>33839836
I got those Mechanix gloves with the kevlar knuckle things and they were pretty good.
>>
File: osama bin watchen.jpg (81KB, 625x420px) Image search: [Google]
osama bin watchen.jpg
81KB, 625x420px
>>33842551

its handy because it serves as an auxillary detonating device
>>
>>33839836
I've used two pairs of gloves for the past seven years (same two pairs), OR longbow and hwi hatch. Both have held up to my unending abuse working all sorts of construction, shooting, innawoods, etc.
>>
File: 1452451912981.jpg (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452451912981.jpg
100KB, 640x480px
>>33842883
>osama bin watchen
>>
>>33842911
Should add, manzella all elements 8.0 for winter gloves if you live in a snowy shithole like me.
>>
File: NEVER FORGET.jpg (963KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER FORGET.jpg
963KB, 2048x1536px
>>33842914
>osama bin watchin' the time
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33839836
I usually just use the standard mechanix gloves because they're easy to find and cheap enough to replace for how long they last.

>recently got the "mpact" version as a gift
>thought they'd be kinda gay
>actually not bad at all
>pic related (they look green-ish in some light, but are supposed to be FDE)
>about 3-4 months of light use

Says right on the tag that they are not flame proof or fire retardant...
I can attest to this due to burning a nice hole through the finger of another pair while using a soldering iron.
For normal shooting they're fine though.

Warning: You may have airsoft queers asking you if you play. They like the mpact version because it saves their knuckles from the BBs.
>walk into tobacco shop
>mid winter
>wearing my gloves while driving so I still had them on
>kid at counter
>"hey man, nice gloves! Do you play?"
>uhh... Play what?
>"airsoft, ya know?"
>n-no...
>"oh, well those are good for protecting your hands from getting shot up"
>riiiight
>proceeds to explain his airsoft setup and how his gun is "basically an m4"
>told him I shoot and collect real guns
>he keeps trying to push airsoft
>moonwalk 540 degrees out of the store
>>
>>33839836
A drill sergeant recommended Blackhawk fury gloves. He said Afganis would put broken glass on the top of their mud fences and the gloves helped. He brought them out and shows them to us. The smell almost caused several people to vomit and the gloves had burn marks from cigarettes. Highly recommended.
>>
File: 14937946313971185412951.jpg (649KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14937946313971185412951.jpg
649KB, 2048x1152px
>>33840052
> literally just got the mpact in the mail today
> total meme
They were only $5 more than the normal ones though...
>>
>>33839836
>I need some good gloves to resist rifle heat
Are you a machine gunner laying down sustained fire? If not, shut the fuck up and just buy whatever $25 gloves fit you best.
>>
dont buy that memelord shit. look into any lightweight outdoors/work gloves. look into mechanix alternatives. bicycle and motorcross gloves. fox makes some decent ones.
>>33839908
no. their quality has gone down the shitter.
>>
I have some 511 gloves that I have had for about 5 years now. I wear them all the time, even for shoveling and shit in the winter. Not a single tear and still going strong. I kinda bought them just to give them a shot, not thinking they would be good or last. I have been surprised as fuck. They were $45 tho.
>>
>>33839836
I really like my OR Overlord Short gloves. I paid $40 for 2 pairs and they're close to indestructible. They're also FR which is probably overkill but can't hurt.
>>
>>33839914

Leave things in the freezer, inside a sealed bag, for a couple of days to kill all odour causing bacteria.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.