[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to buy mosin nagant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I've been looking to buy a mosin because of how cheap they are supposed to be. However, I can't find one for under $250. Is the legendary $100 gun no longer a thing, or am I just looking in the wrong place?
>>
That ship sailed years ago. Sorry.
>>
>>33838711
Shit you might as well get a finn off of classicfirearms
>>
>>33838731
Damn. Any recommendations for good cheap guns?
>>
>>33838711
Inflation bro
>>
File: SteyrM95.jpg (11KB, 600x195px) Image search: [Google]
SteyrM95.jpg
11KB, 600x195px
>>33838759
I've heard good things about the Mannlicher m95.
It's a straight pull bolt action rifle from the first world war. The only issue is ammo, it isn't very cheap, and they only make it part of the year. So if you really want it I'd recommend you reload. You should be reloading anyway if you want to shoot often.
>>
>>33838711
You missed the boat by a few years. During the gin panic autists bought em all up, if demand rises so does price. The nagant was the last gasp of the golden era of cheap milsurp and you missed it.
>>
>>33838759
Yugo mausers are now the "cheap" surplus.
>>
>>33838900
I bought a turk mauser for $100.
>>
>>33838711
http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=35

He has two nuggets for sale. One $170 the other $200.
>>
>>33838759
Rock island 38s or hipoints
>>
Yeah, the days of the cheap milsurp rifle are gone forever. The cheapest you'll get these days are the last of the Spanish Mausers from J&G Sales, and once they're gone, I doubt you'll see anything under $200 ever again.

So do you want a cheap milsurp specifically, or do you just want a cheap rifle? Where we send you next kinda depends on what your answer is.
>>
>>33838759
PSA + YouTube videos. Go go go.
>>
>>33839229
Cheap with a bias to surplus. I can't choose because I know modern stuff is cheaper but OMFG BAYONETS
>>
>>33838759
Ar15. Don't buy milsurp if you aren't a collector.
>>
>>33838906
I had a k.kale I also bought for about the same. Looked like shit, shot like shit; the front sight was pretty much a mashed piece of bread crumpled into a mass. The barrel was so shot out... I still have nightmares.
>>
>>33839364
I'll agree with the guy below you - buy milsurp if you have a passion for military history and love vintage rifles, but the days when you bought them just to get a cheap shooter are long gone. And it's not just the rifle, either, but the ammo that's expensive. All those cheap spam cans of surplus ammo got bought up and put down the barrel of someone's rifle ages ago. Even if milsurp rifles were still cheap, the difference in cost per round of ammo for them vs. .223 or .308 would mean it wouldn't be long before the total cost of ownership of a milsurp rifle wouldn't make any sense anymore.

I've said a while back on another thread that we're probably in an AR bubble right now, where prices are cheaper than they've ever been or will be a year or two from now. Basically, manufacturers overproduced because they thought Hillary would win and the panic buying of the last few years would continue indefinitely; when Trump won, the panic buying stopped and now there's a glut in the market, so prices have cratered. You can buy or build a not-shit AR for $400-ish these days. If you're kind of broke, you could buy a lower receiver (this is the only piece you need do do any paperwork or pass a background check to own, and this the only part you can't just buy online and have shipped directly to your door) for cheap and then do a build slowly over the next year or so as you find parts you like on sale for cheap on the web, at your LGS, or at gun shows. That's probably the best way to go about things.
>>
I have my eye on one online. The barrel and bolt don't match though. Should I ask the guy if he head-space checked or will I look like a cunt?

>not op
>>
>>33841610
hmm... maybe. You can always get an experienced gunsmith to check it out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.