[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which gen glock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Glocknade_6511f9_3801911.jpg (83KB, 780x519px) Image search: [Google]
Glocknade_6511f9_3801911.jpg
83KB, 780x519px
Sup /k/, looking to get my first pistol. I've been looking at glocks. My only issue is choosing which generation. Which would you guys suggest? Also, general glawk thread
>>
Fingerfuck a Gen 2, 3 and 4. You're welcome.
>>
>>33835095
>inb4 Glock™ brand Glock™ fanboys yell at me
personally i would save up for something better. i can recommend you some good guns if you tell me what you are using the firearm for
>>
>>33835213
how is something better than a glock? i'll say lots of pistols are just as good, but really none offer a huge advantage over a glock, hence why it is the standard everything else is compared to
>>
>>33835245
For field use its extremely bad. but for civilian use its not all that great on aftermarket parts because of where the serial number is located. lets use the sig 320 for example. its fairly new so there isnt much of a market quiet yet but it has sooo much potential because the serial number is in a chassy. that meaning you can legally change out the frame to your liking and still change the trigger. the glock cant do much with the frame other than "muh removable back straps". also stock glocks dont really have much to offer shootablility wise. the accuracy isnt spectacular but doable. reliablility is dependant on what you are using it for. (shit for mud and stress conditions) and its too bare bones (only offers whats needed to shoot not what the user wants/needs)
>>
>>33835095
First Generation Glock 20 is cream of the crop
>>
>>33835326
shot a 320 before and it could not eat cheap brass and steel cased ammo, glock ate everything fine, 320 got picked for military issue because of internal politics, the fn 509 would have been a much better pistol than shit saur
>>
>>33835213
I'm not really a glock fan boy but they get way more hate than they deserve. They're definately good guns, there's onviously better looking guns but that's about it. I feel like people just hate them because they're popular and people want to be gun-hipsters about it.

>>33835095
Find a gun store that has multiple generations and find out which one feels best to you.
>>
Gen 4 Glock 19 with the medium beavertail backstrap is GOAT.
>>
>>33835547
THIS
>>
>>33835095
Gen4 has an objectively better grip texture, shorter trigger reach, an enlarged, reversible magazine catch, and comes with three mags rather than two.
>>
I have a Gen 3 RTF2 frame and I really like the feel of it. That said the Gen 4 is best value for money
>>
>>33835095

If you like Glocks you like Glocks. It's as simple as that. I happen to like them and I happen to like .45 so I bought a 21 and a 30. Both were Gen 4's but 3's would have been fine too.
>>
I put a Zev connector/spring kit in my glock and it made it go full retard. Why do people buy these kits?
>>
File: 421099.jpg (67KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
421099.jpg
67KB, 880x660px
>>33838788
People typically buy those kits because they want to buy skill to compensate for their bad handgun marksmanship fundamentals.
Personally I'm quite happy with my 25¢ trigger job and NY1 spring.
Makes the Glock trigger feel like a DA revolver's (which was, after all, the point).

That said, you almost certainly installed the Zev kit wrong somehow.
Have you contacted them about your experience?
Is your dog OK?
>>
>>33835095
4 or wait for 5. That being said if you're looking for a 19 and reliability is of the utmost importance than be sure to only by a newer gen 4 g19. they had some ejection related teething problems for a while when they were introduced.
>>
File: amandax3.webm (3MB, 938x1060px) Image search: [Google]
amandax3.webm
3MB, 938x1060px
>>33835095
Avoid Gen 1 glocks. Those are actually more unreliable than WWI grenades. There's a reason cops kept their revolvers and called Gen 1 Glocks, "Dead Men's bricks".
>>
>>33839010
I don't know how you would install it wrong. I've looked up as much info as I can and I did it right afaik.
>>
>>33835326
Frankly i don't even like glocks but most of what you say is wrong or misguided. You should probably learn a little more before trying to give people actual advice.

Point by point:

1. They're very good for field use. if anything its what they excel most at. hell, they've even been gaining a lot of popularity with SOF.

2. They have the second largest aftermarket of any firearm. Only the 1911's is greater. The serial number's location has nothing to do with this, it just means you can swap entire grip shells on the p320s.

3. the P320 is nice, and i think serialized chassis are a good thing, but the only time you'll really need them is if you want a gun that can pull double duty for range use and ccw.

4. Stock glocks are fine shootability wise. the triggers are middle of the road, the accuracy is perfectly fine, not match grade but as good as most guns on the market. Reliability and simplicity are the designs key selling points and it excels at these.
>>
>>33835326
>bad for field use
Nigger what

>frame will expire
No, you're not shooting 100k+ rounds through one glock unless you're rich, a competitor, or both, and at that point a 500 dollar new gun is fucking nothing compared to what you've spent over time.

>Accuracy isn't spectacular
Nothing service weapon quality has the spectacular accuracy of custom precision olympic 22's

>reliability is dependent
The fuck?

>too bare bones
Something tells me you're not a shooter or concealed carrier, and just a noguns autist
>>
>>33839218
I think the P320's serialized chassis is a bad thing because it encourages people to practice shooting a full-size gun that they have no intention of carrying and then carry a tiny gun that they never practice with, without the psychological barrier to entry of having to buy multiple guns in order to do so.
>>
>>33839026
MUST ACQUIRE MUSCLE GF, HOW DO!?
>>
>>33839306
I could see that happening. I like to think of it as a way to have a gun where you can have a full grip and larger comfortable capacity on the range and for HD while being able to switch to a smaller grip for CCW. Also you can put something like a full size or compact slide on the subcompact frame for better performance out of a just as easily concealed weapon. relatively few manufacturers offer that kind of a design. IMHO anybody who doesn't practice with their carry set up as close to how they're going to carry it as possible is asking for anything bad that comes their way because of it.
>>
>>33835095
Just get the gen 4. There's really no reason not to.
>>
>>33839200
Maybe you installed the trigger spring the wrong way?
It's an easy mistake to make.
Again, I'd call Zev and hash it out with them.
>>
>>33839345
go to the gym
don't be an autist
>>
File: G19firstgen.jpg (55KB, 704x470px) Image search: [Google]
G19firstgen.jpg
55KB, 704x470px
>>33839026
The real reason to avoid Gen1 Glocks is because they're collector's items, especially the Gen1 19.
>>
>>33835547
The 509 has the biggest most dogshit trigger that's ever existed in 40 years

Keep talking out your ass
>>
>>33842683
>The 509 has the biggest most dogshit trigger that's ever existed in 40 years

quite a lot of shilling for it by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpSovjvoNVw though....

>>33835095
gen4 MOS if possible. if you decide you want to sell it 3+ years down the line, red dots on pistols will be much more common and the MOS milling will help with resale value.
>>
>>
>>33835095
Basically if you're leftie or have baby sized hands get gen 4.
I got myself gen 3 because i don't really like gen 4 mag release button, it's way too big for me.
Texture didn't bother me since i have anti-slip tape wraped around it.
And that's probably dumb as fuck but aesthetics of guide rod bothered me in gen 4.
>>
>>33845658
I have large-size hands and prefer the Gen4 since I don't have to break my grip as much to work the mag release.
>>
>>33843275
>red dots on pistols will be much more common
Relatively more common, sure, but I don't foresee red dots becoming as de rigueur as, say, night sights, if only because of the expense.
A good MRD like a Trijicon RMR turns a $500 gun into a $1000 gun, and that's not including the cost of taller sights.
Furthermore, a handgun red dot isn't a turnkey solution like a carbine red dot is; it requires serious, dedicated practice to get as fast with a handgun red dot as a clueless newbie is with irons.
I think a lot of the current shilling for red dots on handguns is a result of SMEs like Ken Hackathorn and DocGKR getting older and having vision problems that make optics more practical for them, and already being at a skill level that makes transitioning to a red dot easier than it would be for a new shooter or a regular cop.
>>
File: 1234124321423.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1234124321423.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>33835547
>320 won't eat cheap brass
Mine eats Tula and Wolf by the hundreds without issue.
>>
>>33846100
Which means baby-sized.
>>
>>33848219
If your fucking hands are so big, why don't you get a Gen4 and use the large backstrap, huh, punk?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.