[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR Pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: ar15-pistols-twm15.jpg (35KB, 684x384px) Image search: [Google]
ar15-pistols-twm15.jpg
35KB, 684x384px
Looking to build an AR pistol, are they worth it? I've heard mixed feelings from multiple people, what does /k/ think of them?
>>
>>33834996
Same, i triedblooking up alternatives to the sig brace that seem a bit more practical to totally not shoulder while also looking nice.

And suggestions?
>>
>>33834996
Now that were pretty much in the clear for shouldering its a great way to not have to deal with stamp bullshit or if you live in a cuck state.
>>
>>33835048
I'm pretty sure the ATF recently came out saying that shouldering an AR pistol does not change it's original design, but I'm not a lawyer I would look into before you try.
>>
I have a few and love them. I recommend them over a standard 16 inch barrel for the majority of peeps. I use the shock-wave blade and its pretty comfortable and adjustable. Terminal ballistics aren't great but almost any barrel length with fragment heavy rounds at close range and far range isn't a self defense case.
>>
>>33834996
Why would anybody make an AR pistol without an "arm brace"? That just doesn't make any sense at all.
>>
>>33834996
OP ive owned one, if you plan on building one from the ground up prepare for some problems. i had over gasing problems, key holing, and seared triggers (because of over gasing). its all fixable but just prepare
>>
>>33835180
Curious I've built 4 and the only problem I have had was not having an o ring in my bolt so it wouldn't extract.
>>
>>33835180
I'm not trying to bully it sounds like you just built a shitty gun.
>>
>>33835203
im not the most experianced person but i have "simple" knowledge of AR15s. i over gassed my gun because i bought a light spring and the twist rate in my barrel wasnt made for pistol length (even know it was marketed for AR pistols) so thats where the route of my problems came from. basically the lesson is dont buy parts because its a low price lmao
>>
>>33835048
You can now shoulder whatever you want. I have the shockwave blade on my pistol. Looks nice and is sleeker than the SB, but less forgiving in terms of placement. For example, I had no riser on my optic so I had to ride the blade high. I wasn't shouldering so it popped back and grabbed me in the collarbone. I don't think it would have been uncomfortable with the SB.
>>
>>33835290
>Shockwave
I have that on a .300 memeout, fucker will murderize that collarbone if you're not careful.
>You can now shoulder whatever you want
But can I put one of those side saddle things on it and not have the ATF shoot my doggos?
>>
With a nice and thin hand guard where you can get a good c-clamp hold they might be worth it. With the recoil being as weak as it is with the AR-15 i'm sure you could shoot it pretty fast while maintaining acceptable accuracy for extremely close ranges.
>>
>>33835165
Conceal carry on your person.
>>
>>33834996
I love my pistol ar in 300 blackout. Hope the sbr restrictions get removed from nfa so I can have a adjustable stock and vfg.
>>
>>33835165
you dont need an armbrace to shoulder them, plain buffertubes are perfectly usable. not that comfortable but good enough. 10.5 is practical but cant afford a stamp or cant get a stamp. 7.5 is a fun range toy and really fucking loud. dont see the point of 14.5 unless its a placeholder while you wait.
>>
>>33836074
>conceal carry an entire fucking AR

no
>>
>>33834996
yes, in 300 blackout or 6.5 grendel.

especially now that the sig brace decision has been reversed.
>>
>>33834996
What's the most comfortable to shoulder and best looking brace in the market?
>>
File: IMG_0453.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>33834996
just pay the $200 for a SBR
>>
>>33834996
Do yourself a favor and buy an M85.
>>
File: IMG_6547.jpg (153KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6547.jpg
153KB, 1440x1080px
>>33839935
No
>>
>>33835180
If you can't successfully build an AR please never touch a wrench ever again.
>>
>>33835254
Twist rate may not have been to problem so much as your choice in ammo. What was the rate anyhow? 1:7 or 1:8 I'd imagine should work fine.
>>
>>33836782
It's my second amendment right and I'll be damned if you tell me no. I'm tired of 9 millimemer vs .45 AARP. I'll just gun threats down with 30 rounds of 5.56.
>>
>>33839935
>Give the government an extra $200 and register your firearm
No thanks.
>>
>>33846440
Would you wear an armpit sling? It's hard to keep from printing when it's dangling everywhere.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.