[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colt SP-1 opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (183KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 1280x960px
They're quite expensive now. Would it be stupid to buy one, or is the collectors value pretty much cemented at this point?

I basically want an M16A1, can't afford a real one, and Colt's new repro is just as expensive as an SP1. I don't want to build my own clone because it won't hold any collector value.
>>
>>33834879

>Colt's new repro is just as expensive as an SP1

I can't remember where but some anon posted a website where you could get a Vietnam era m16 for about 1250 bucks and add things like different flash hiders and the property of US government tag and a worn patina look.

that's about half the price of what colt is selling I believe.
>>
>>33834879
Get an M16A1 parts kit. NDS lower, Green Mountain barrel. There is your almost entirely accurate M16A1 for cheaper than genuine SP1. Make sure you ditch that auto sear, constructive intent.
>>
File: C7_Thermold.jpg (4MB, 3024x3479px) Image search: [Google]
C7_Thermold.jpg
4MB, 3024x3479px
>>33834879
Colt's new production M16A1's are also a very limited production, so realistically you won't run into one.

Nothing really wrong with SP-1's, you can get them for about $1500 nowadays. Go over to /arg/ and ask for help, MSD and Mek both have A1 clones.
>>
>>33834967
>I can't remember where but some anon posted a website where you could get a Vietnam era m16 for about 1250 bucks and add things like different flash hiders and the property of US government tag and a worn patina look.
That was me, and here's the link:
http://www.txmgo.com/index.php/shop/guns/product/101-semi-auto-m16a1-replica
>>
Depends. Do you live in a ban state? I do and I'm seriously considering paying the absurdly high price for a spooky black gun.
>>
As a milsurp fag clones aren't something i would collect
>>
>>33835027
>M16A1 parts kit
Overpriced these days
>NDS lower
Indefinitely OOS
>constructive intent
Not a real thing

Other than that, good idea.
>>
>>33834879
Just build a clone for $900 ish.
The collector value shit just keeps you from enjoying the gun.
>>
File: 20170413_193637.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_193637.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>33835027
This is exactly what I did. The only parts not Colt are what you listed.
>>
>>33835558
I'd like a parts list for a ~$900 A1 build.
>>
>>33835215
Looks like a pretty shit repro. A2 lower and all.

A good parts kit build will have all the collectors value OP wants - true Autists can go down the rabbit hole of forge codes on uppers and everything.
Check AR15sport, OP. They have assembled a1 uppers and lowers for reasonable prices, and they get all the details right as far as minute details like tick marks on the safety go. Their assembled lowers are built on Nodak a1s. Highly recommend them if you can't or don't want to build your own parts kit.

I don't think they actually list complete rifles, just complete lowers and uppers, but give them a call and I'm sure they'll match them together for fit
>>
>>33835599
I don't think you're building a 900 a1 if you care about being close to genuine. An a1 upper and lower alone takes up more than half that budget.

If you're happy with an a2 lower, you can refinish with it and your LPK with alumahyde dark parkerizing grey, and build a NDS upper at that price.
>>
>>33835523

The NDS stuff pops up randomly. Brownells randomly stocked their A1 uppers about a week ago. I've got one on its way to my house right now.
>>
>>33835738
That's what I was thinking, which is why I asked >>33835558 for a list.
I figured it'll be well more than $1k for a reasonable facsimile.
>>
>>33835738
I've seen many a1 uppers for less than $300.
The pencil barrel is also cheap
Stock and grips are not expensive

What's gonna get you is the a1 lower
You can make one or find one.
An 80% is also a cheap way to get a proper a1 lower.
>>
>>33834879
What kind if dumb rail is that on the top?
>>
>>33836188
The handguard?

Are you retarded?
>>
File: WP_20170330_005[5].jpg (1MB, 1766x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170330_005[5].jpg
1MB, 1766x1728px
>>33834879
>I basically want an M16A1
You're pretty much cocked, NDS still has a wait list that's nearly a year long for their uppers and lowers and McKay Enterprises has apparently stopped restocking their A1 profile lowers.

Things were bad enough when the parts kits dried up, now the situation is more or less untenable.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.