[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: fuckintexas.jpg (48KB, 660x754px) Image search: [Google]
fuckintexas.jpg
48KB, 660x754px
For those who aren't aware, there was stabbing spree yesterday at UT Austin. Because Texas is the America of America, if you have a CCW license you're allowed to carry, provided that you don't bring it with you to certain areas(medical, the nuclear engineering building, etc.).

So I was 150 or so yards away from the stabbings, so I think its high time I go ahead go through the process. I'm squeaky clean legal wise, so I shouldn't have a problem.

Anyways, how are the classes/tests/process in general? I know you need to qualify at a shooting range, however the majority of my shooting experience is with rifles (AK's and durr rifles) and compound bows, I've only shot a pistol once. Do I need to practice beforehand or is that one of the topics covered?

Also, what pistol does /k/ recommend for concealed carry? One of my bro's/roommates recommended an S&W M&P. I know dick about hand guns, but I'm looking for something that'll fit in skinny jeans(I know, I know) and has relatively low recoil.Plus I need to get a side arm for when I go hog hunting.

Anyways, thanks for any advice/answers.
>>
how is he not dead?
>>
>>33834650
Yeah I was in the PCL
I'd recommend 9mm for recoil/cost/good ass ammunition
Full size handguns are the best to learn how to shoot with, but would definitely stick out in skinny jeans
good luck killing stabbers
>>
>>33834650

>want CCW
>I've only shot a pistol once

yes please do us all a favor and learn how to shoot that gdamn thing BEFORE you start carrying

trust me, what you have seen on tv & movies is absolute b.s. it is much harder than you may think to keep all your shots in 5" at 7 yards shooting "quickly" at 1/second
>>
>>33834650
>Texas is the America of America
Your gun laws actually suck by comparison to more free states.
>>
>>33834744
e-e-excuse me
>>
Did mine last year same time my dad renewed his. Mine took 3 months, his took 4. Be patient.
Did mine electronically for the demographic paperwork on some .texas.gov site. You need to pay a fee. Get fingerprinted. Pass ccw class. Class is easy, if your not handicapped you'll pass.
>>
>>33834753
he's telling the truth anon
>>
>>33835603

yup.

For instance I'm an Arizona resident. Do I need ANY permit to carry? Fuck no.

I walk around strapped whenever I god damn well please.

I just can't go to specific places (like all states, courthouses and the like) and I have to disclose that I'm carrying if asked by a cop.
>>
>>33834650
Texas is overrated
>>
>>33834687
Cucks don't carry
>>
>>33834650
Get some range time practice for sure. Practice shooting at 10, 15, and 20 yards. Most places will rent you a pistol at the range and at the class, use the same gun for both so you're comfortable. OR buy the cc pistol you want and practice with that and take the class with it. After taking the class you get a piece of paper signed by the instructor saying you passed, upload that to the DPS website, schedule on the website to get your finger prints done, go do them, wait 2-2.5 weeks. I carry an lc9s, great little gun.
>>
>>33835626
>Has to disclose.
If I you need to be searched. Your gonna get sop. When in state, Texas already knows you're concealing whether we admit or not. t. Texas
>>
File: IMG_4275.jpg (70KB, 800x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4275.jpg
70KB, 800x658px
>>33834744
The only thing keeping Texas from being THE go-to firearms state are the big cities, just check the election map by county
>pic related
>>
>>33835731
>lc9a
Opinion discarded
>>
>>33834650
I have a CCW in Texas.

Here's what you do:
1) Buy a pistol you want to carry
2) Train with said pistol until you can shoot fast and accurately. Be sure you can do a quick reload and keep shooting.
3) sign up for a CCW class
4) Take the class and pass (only idiots and illegals don't pass)
5) Get your mugshot and fingerprints taken at an approved state license office
6) Submit all valid paperwork (copies or digital, never originals) to the state
7) wait like a month

That's it. Also, lecture those hippie pieces of shit around UT Austin that if they don't like Texans being able to carry guns on state funded universities, they can go back to Commiefornia.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.