[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are we getting national Reciprocity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3684.jpg (121KB, 1000x873px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3684.jpg
121KB, 1000x873px
When are we getting national Reciprocity?
>>
>>33832995
>those HK style loaded mags
That never gets old.

As for your question, right after the 7n6 ban is overturned.
>>
>>33832995
The Republicans will want to have it as an election issue for 2018, so check back in a year or two.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 498x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 498x295px
>>33832995
Kiwi here, you're gonna have to explain all that Neoconservative freedom talk to me.
>>
Literally what is the argument against it?

I read that Bloomberg wants to dump $25M into opposing it but it makes zero (0) sense.
>>
>>33833308
States rights
>>
>>33833308
Michael Bloomberg lives in New York, an area that will be basically ground zero for the implications of this bill. What's $25M to someone worth $47B to keep his neighborhood the way he likes it? Who knows how much he already pays his armed security.
>>
>>33833180
Not an American either, but my understanding is that it would force states to respect Carry Rights and Permits of non-state residents.

So if you have a CC permit from your home state of North Carolina, and drive to New Jersey, you can still carry there as if you had an (basically impossible to obtain) NJ carry permit.

It doesn't change the CC licensing for any state's residents - you follow the laws of the state you live in. You can't go get a permit in NC and have it work in NJ if you live in NJ.

Currently States recognize other States' permits on a case by case basis, and that recognition can change at any time.

Or at least that is how it was explained to me by guys on my crew when I was last contracted in the US. If I fucked up in the explanation, feel free to correct me.
>>
>>33832995
when we get the wall and when we stop funding sanctuary cities

Trump shilling at the NRA convention is basically another Reagan, he's going to listen to their dipshit ideas and ruin the country like he did in 86.

The NRA are protectionist pro-regulation anti-gun shills and they've got their hands in every senator's pocket, and the president's.
>>
>>33833384
yeah that's pretty much it

liberals are afraid of law abiding citizens carrying guns so they hate the idea of this
>>
>>33833334
states rights don't apply when the state is infringing on the Constitution
>>
>>33833334
Which is countered by the fact that if someone tried to do nearly anything close to what the Dems have been pushing for the 2A towards... say, the 13th, it would be shut down because the constitution trumps state and federal laws if you take it to a constitutional court.
>>
File: h'watJr.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
h'watJr.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>>33832995
Honestly? Hopefully never.

Giving the Federal Government the authority to enact a national reciprocity law just opens up the door to better allow them to go after gun rights on a Federal level in the future, rather than simply allowing states to decide, once Dems take control again in the future.
>>
>>33833308
their argument is that some states have more stringent requirements than others, and that a state should have the right to set and regulate its own conceal carry laws

Suddenly, they care about state's rights now that it is convenient for restricting reciprocity
>>
>>33832995
After World War III
>>
>>33833334
Constitution takes precedent over states rights
And if the states challenge whatever is passed and take it to the SCOTUS and the ruling is that ccw is constitutional, then those complaining states get BTFO hard or until they get libs onto the court and then retry it again
>>
>>33833419
I disagree

we have been pushing back on gun control for years now and we shouldn't stop pushing for more gun rights just because we are afraid of what dems would do.
>>
>>33833419
This.

As cool as it'd be for all states to recognzie a fundamental right given by the the constitution, it does open the floor to the federal government for future control.

The less laws made about a subject, the freer it is. Over regulation always creates massive problems when it comes to determination of freedom.
>>
>>33833431
No, you do not want the federal government to take this away from the states you fucking short-sighted impatient dingus.
>>
>>33833436

Yeah I'm sure those people that have been thrown in prison for accidentally CCing across state lines felt really free.
>>
>>33833452

meanwhile millions of people in liberal shitholes are being denied constitutional rights because Republicans are too pussy
>>
>>33833410
Unfortunately for the originalist lobby, SCOTUS can seemingly mangle that dusty piece of paper into whatever they personally feel is "right"; since it has not yet declared CC/OC (bearing arms outside of one´s residence) constitutionally protected, all you´ve got left supporting the national reciprocity-proposal - from a legal standpoint - are "shall not" memes.

D.C. v. Heller was only the first step on the long, bendy road towards justice. As a cucked europoor, I cross my fingers on Gorsuch making the correct choice in the coming legal wrangling. Perhaps a positive outcome in this matter, coupled with the Czech instating their very own 2A, will finally turn the tides in favor of the rest of those stuck on this side of the Atlantic.
>>
>>33833461
>because Republicans are too pussy
No, it's just that some people have foresight.

The republicans fucked up with the nuclear option which could come back to bite them in the ass in the future.

Lastly, how can they advocate that Roe v Wade is a state decision while firearms are a national decision? You gotta stop the cherry picking and stand up for a core set of ideals rather than throwing temper tantrums because one things isn't going your way. You will never be respected without principles.
>>
>>33833308

Guns are scary :(
>>
>>33833419
We do at least need to see SCOTUS curb stomp the issuing processes of CA, MA, MD, NJ, and NY
>>
>>33833419
And yet we have national compacts for marriages and drivers licenses
>>
>>33833477
The party fucked up when they let the religious funnies get a plank in the party platform. That's how you get the weird "freedom but weird sex issues" dichotomy
>>
>>33832995

Here's what needs to happen

>Federal government puts the boot down in California,, MA, CT, NY, etc
>Nullify those States assault weapons bans with the full force of the federal cock
>Congress passes law saying that the 2nd amendment is final and any gun control legislation by definition infringes on the rights of American citizens
>Repeal the nfa
>National reciprocity
>>
>>33833523
Difference being that the federal govt. is not interested in fucking you over by complicating the bureaucracy involved in marriage and the DMV.
>>
>>33833540
Literally just doing the first two things allows everything else to come back.
>>
>>33833308
>>33833334
welp, guess my drivers license issued by my state is invalid in any other state, right guys?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.