[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on henry longer ranger in .223 vs .308

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: h lr.jpg (320KB, 2780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
h lr.jpg
320KB, 2780x1200px
redpill me on henry longer ranger in .223 vs .308
>>
File: C-dhVXBXcAAbKdG.png (257KB, 900x851px) Image search: [Google]
C-dhVXBXcAAbKdG.png
257KB, 900x851px
>>33832153
I think it's a gun
>>
>>33832153
speak english motherfucker
>>
File: 1482983244045.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482983244045.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
Din dog diggty tell you wot mane, buy male virility bottles and expereince all the natural wonders of free age medicine!!! Blah blah blah alex jones, blah blah gay frogs. Something something /pol/, witty last comment
>>
Ooh, good question. In fact, the same question I have when it comes to the new single shot Henry is releasing later this month. I keep going back and forth between which caliber I should get.

The big question is what you're going to use it for. If the answer is "fun" or "home defense", go with .223. If the answer is deer hunting or medium-range target shooting, then you might actually want to consider the .243 option. If the answer is long-distance shooting or bigger game, then the right answer is probably .308.

Again, don't neglect the possibility that .243 might actually be the right choice for you. It's a good compromise between power, good ballistics, and low recoil.
>>
>>33832165
>>33832172
ITT: Poorfag autists with shit taste who think the only guns in the universe are Glocks and ARs.
>>
>>33832153
There's also the matter of the rest of your collection. If you have a lot of .223 ammo lying around because you also have an AR or two, that might make more sense. Same if you have a bunch of 7.62 NATO already on your shelf. What you already have a lot of and are comfortable shooting is a real consideration.
>>
>>33832184
How much does .243 cost compared to similar quality .223?
>>
>>33832191
redpill me redpill me redpill me
>>
>>33832203
>How much does .243 cost compared to similar quality .223?
It's more expensive, but that's more a reflection of how stupid cheap .223 is these days. .243 is not a particularly costly round by any means.
>>
>>33832153
It's just like a BLR, except slightly more expensive and offered in fewer chamberings. What are you waiting for?
>>
>>33832153

search the archive you lazy cunt.
>>
File: kd.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
kd.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>33832184
> new single shot Henry is releasing later this month
>The big question is what you're going to use it for
>If the answer is "fun" or "home defense"
>"home defense"
> single shot Henry
>"home defense"
> single shot
Fucking christ anon..

>>33832153
Hey, fag boy.. disregard everything else anyone here is saying.

You buy that rifle in .308 - period.
Its better in .308

>"yeah well .223 is cheaper to shoot and blah blah blah"
Nah, fuck off shooting is not a cheap hobby.

AnonOP; Your choosing between a basicly lever action AR by going .223 which you will end up hating because fuck the lever is fun but its got no bang
vs
.308 where when you chamber that lever and load a round its gonna go bang, and FEEL good while you load the next one. Cowboy shit man. Plus then you can actually use it for something other then plinking

> If i was next to you on the range and asked about your rifle and you told me you got it in .223 over .308 id ask you why and anything you answerd wouldn't be good enough.
>>
>>33832213
This
>>
>>33832246
thanks anon
>>
>>33832191
>spotted the autistic fudd trying to be a hipster

Wow I never knew guns were a fashion statement.
>>
>>33832191
Bruh I own a ted williams 12ga
>>
>>33832235
The Henry is substantially more accurate out of the box, as well as having a much better trigger. The price difference is under 100 dollars on the street which is more than worth it for the improved trigger and accuracy.
>>
>>33832246
I hate big dumb cartridge fags.
>>
>>33832246
>Fucking christ anon..
You might want to try reading my post more carefully.
>>
>>33832246
>AnonOP; Your choosing between a basicly lever action AR by going .223 which you will end up hating because fuck the lever is fun but its got no bang
>vs
>.308 where when you chamber that lever and load a round its gonna go bang, and FEEL good while you load the next one. Cowboy shit man. Plus then you can actually use it for something other then plinking
Wanna know how I know you're a noguns?
>>
>>33832624
>The Henry is substantially more accurate out of the box, as well as having a much better trigger. The price difference is under 100 dollars on the street which is more than worth it for the improved trigger and accuracy.
You obviously don't understand /k/, anon. The cool thing to do here is to buy a cheap piece of shit gun, and then spend hundreds of dollars on "tactical" accessories to make it perform semi-acceptably.
>>
>>33832153
>redpill
Its a neat gun anon, you should use it to kill yourself.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.