[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell us about your childhood .22 plinking memories.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: marliin-50-ad-297-full.jpg (223KB, 1000x1491px) Image search: [Google]
marliin-50-ad-297-full.jpg
223KB, 1000x1491px
Remember the summer days shooting at cans as a kid while the older men in the family were drinking their livers away while us inept kiddos were learning the fundamentals? What were your experiences like? The good old days.
Whether you had a model 60, 10/.22 , red rider, bb gun, or even a model 50 of all things, we all remember them.
>>
None. I grew up in a blue state with liberal parents. I bought my first gun six months ago at the age of 43.

I wish hickock45 was my dad.
>>
>>33831385
you're a fucking shithead, that geriatric wife beating fuck is a bum. he's dumb, dumber than fags
>>
>>33831403
>you're a fucking shithead, that geriatric wife beating fuck is a bum. he's dumb, dumber than fags
Nobody insults Gun Grampa around these parts. Go fuck yourself with a fireplace poker.
>>
Gentlemen please, this is about happy memories,
This is a blue board.
>>
File: famalam2.jpg (71KB, 879x659px) Image search: [Google]
famalam2.jpg
71KB, 879x659px
>>33831371
Even though i had a ruger 10/22 i only shot my great grandfathers Remington 572.

I would go out with 2k rounds and plink all day. I was so good i could knock the button off of spray cans. I would also set spray cans up on their side and shoot through the bottom while trying to knock the top off at 30 yards.

I wouldnt wear eye protection or hearing protection and at the end of the day my ears would be ringing and my arm would be sore from pumping the rifle 2k times.

I dont even bother with my 10/22 to be honest, My grandpa gave it to me so im not going to give it away but i could careless.

Recently while shooting a screw came loose and the magazine tube was some how jerked out. The screw was lost and the for end was stripped from the magazine tubed. Now it hangs loose. I think im going to have the fore end fixed with dovetails.
>>
File: BUDS.png (430KB, 1000x418px) Image search: [Google]
BUDS.png
430KB, 1000x418px
>>33831403
How about you shut that whore mouth of yours boy? First one to hit the gong gets to stay in my compound.
>>
>>33831371
First gun was an H&R versa pack. The .22 barrel had awful sights but the .410 shot like a dream.
>>
>>33831688
I remember shooting into a brush pile at Grandma's. had that gun since I was twelve and it was stolen when I was 20. Wounded the sonofabitch but he survived.
>>
File: 1493440562350.jpg (37KB, 426x486px) Image search: [Google]
1493440562350.jpg
37KB, 426x486px
>>33831403
wow so edgy
I guess no one cared about your 10mm review channel?
>>
My first gun was a daisy red rider. From four years old I was out there shooting away with that BB gun, targets, cans and such. I had a little mouse silluette that would go ding when hit.
By ten I had moved onto the hand me down anzhutz single shot .22 it was pre WWII and still shot like a laser.
Now at fifty, I look back at the fun I had just shooting for the pleasure of it. No dramas, no team politics, no rules designed to promote a suppliers product, no one shooting back.

The only thing I like about shooting now is that some one else is paying for my ammo.
>>
I found an old gamo expomatic 2000 with a Bushnell 3-9 On it in the reuse section at my local transfer station when I was 15.

I must have put 10,000 pellets through it. I was making spinners out of pennies and nickels and coat hanger wire. I was hitting probably 8/10 At 75 feet.

I sold it like an idiot for something newer, deep regret over that.
>>
>>33831371
I was 10 and my dad and uncle took me and my brothers up the property band we shot a few rounds out of a hi standered 9 shot revolver
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.