[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this optic setup stupid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4465.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4465.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
When I first bough the carry handle and scope mount for it I thought it was a good idea because it would allow me to have both the option of iron sight and scope at the same time and if it got in the way the scope could just be removed easily.

Now I feel like this look is kind of dumb and a little too tacticool to be considered a good setup.

So /k/, does my gun look dumb or is it a good look/ have utility?
>>
Your gun looks retarded
Chose which one you like better and use that. I recommend irons because that optic blows.
>>
>>33827989
Does it work for you? I don't see the point in mounting a scope on a detachable carry handle when you could have a folding rear sight.

>that looks retarded desu
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>
>>33827989
yes it is
I hope this thread is b8
get rid of your useless laser too
>>
File: 1489465037674.webm (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1489465037674.webm
3MB, 400x224px
>>33827989
i will never under stand the thought processes of this
>>
>>33828070
I mean yeah, I feel like it works for me. I've used it like this and got some decent groupings.
>>
>>33828111
ehh you already bought the stuff might as well use it. would be retarded to set up a second backup carbine in the same way though.
>>
>>33828111
Then what are you asking /k/ for? You had to have some inkling that you are just gonna get called a retard.
>>
>>33828146
Well, can anyone tell me why its retarded?

Yes, I kind of knew I would get called retarded but I want to know why I feel (and /k/ feels) that is it retarded.
>>
>>33827989
That is retared, you are retarded.
>>
>>33828170
>railed gas block
>carry handle in 2017
>shitty cabelas scope
>visible lasers are useless
>that folding grip is dumb
>shit stock
Take all that useless shit off and you will have an "acceptable" rifle. Replace gas block with a low pro and get a free float hand guard, get some Magpul folding sights and stock too.

Ask /arg/ for parts recommendations(except stocks, they'll tell you to buy an overpriced and outdated mil stock).
>>
>>33828290
is there anything wrong with using railed gas blocks? my rifle came with one,i didn't go out of my way to get one.
>>
>>33828170

It looks ugly, heavy, unwieldy, and made of cheap parts.

If you like it and it works for you do your own thing though. I personally don't like the idea of high magnification optics on an AR at all, it makes it harder to quickly shoot at close range and I have actual hunting rifles for longer ranges
>>
>>33828390
It's a fucking retarded design and it looks like shit. Other than that it's fine.
>>
>>33827989

forget the "looks" of it.

the height over bore is ridiculous. When your optics are up that high, you're making goof adjustments to get your POI right.... and it's harder to set it up for multiple ranges......

meaning.... you try to set your elevation up for a 6" kill zone from say, 0-200 meters. with your crazy height over bore, that becomes more.... interesting to do.

high over bore like that is good for really long ranges if your scope runs out of mils for adjustment, but generally you want your scope to sit low, so your poi-poa lines up better and takes less adjusment.

just my opnion. you do you man, but if it was my rifle, I'd just put some standard rings on there.

also.... dont worry about that front sight screwing up your view. if you use standard height scope rings, that from sight might look like it's in the way....but when you look down the scope it's like a fuzzy shadow at the bottom.... doesn't cause any problems IMO because your field of view through the optic is more like the center of the objective, so the front sight sticking up in front of it a bit isn't an issue.
>>
>>33827989

If you put in a 10rd mag and take off that handle and benis it wouldn't look so retarded for longer range shooting. Otherwise it looks like ass. Use irons or a red dot if you're gonna keep em on.
>>
It's fine. You just have a jank 40 dollar wally world setup. Look at carry-handle mounted ACOG's for an example of what you wish you had.
>>
You're a legit moron if you use a carry handle on your ar. It looks fucking stupid and isn't functional at all. Flat rail wth sights/optic or buy some other shit like an ak because youre obviously an idiot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.