[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this axe look cool? I wanna have a person chopper for my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: s-l1600.jpg (146KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
146KB, 1600x1200px
Does this axe look cool?
I wanna have a person chopper for my office in case my zastava jams.

Also,what is better to kill quickly;a tomahawk or a warhammer?
>>
File: 64397i2E73D09FD5294D2D.jpg (28KB, 705x1000px) Image search: [Google]
64397i2E73D09FD5294D2D.jpg
28KB, 705x1000px
>>33826338
Are you old enough to post here?
>>
I just automatically hate the looks of tomahawks that have a spike instead of a hammer. I just don't see the point of a spike when you got the blade already. A lot of them have such small heads it just looks way less effective than using the head part, then you lose the hammer which is surprisingly underrated since smashing shit isn't really seen as romantically unless it's done by something really big or powerful plus it just seems kind of handy.

>>33826379
FUCK OFF BOB
>>
>>33826338
Why not, for instance, a pistol?
>>
>>33826338
if you want to cut wood use an axe
if you want to cut people use a knife
if you really want to cut people, with an axe, don't use that axe.
>>
>>33826338
somebody raped that hawk pretty bad
>>
>>33826338
Unless you're expecting to be attacked by dudes wearing plate armor, axe would be better than hammer.
Also, as others have mentioned, not thay axe if you can help it. That axe is for splitting wood, a combat axe would have a much thinner cross section.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (176KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
176KB, 1600x1200px
>>33826338
This is the warhammer from the same maker.
I know there are many better makers but most of them are in the US so they charge ridiculous shipping fees
There are a couple of good makers in Europe but they are several times more expensive than pic related.
>>
>>33826338
>>33827386
Jesus fuck, the fit and finish look like a fucking retard who has never seen wood before tried to assemble these....
>>
>>33827474
I could buy the head only and give it a proper shaft.
>>
File: 20170501_221242.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_221242.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Either is fine. Just wanted to show this off. I used oak stain on the haft , tennis racquet tape for the handle, stripped nasty black epoxy off, total cost 35$

It chops down trees so it's sturdy enough
>>
>>33826445
>what is armor piercing
>>
>>33829389
It's a meme. Armor piercing is a meme. Big whoop you put a tiny hole into a sheet of metal exactly like the axehead likely would with the same hit except smaller puncture mark from the pick. There is like no practical examples of any armor or armored thing the pick would be useful for. Even an armored car someone would likely go for the windows or windshields and I just don't even see the pick being more useful because even if it gets through you'd be spending so much time widening it with the same amount of time with the axe head I don't see how it wouldn't make more progress.
The only practical use I can see from a pick is using it to pry or hook stuff, and the axe head can already hook things easily. Hammers are just more useful I don't see why you wouldn't want one on an axe instead of just a blunted or rounded back end since it'd beat trying to find a rock or some shit to use as a makeshift hammer that likely won't work.
>>
szaboinc.com/edged_weapons/szabo-combat-hawk/
arry your arm away in the swing. Heavy enough to generate a powerful blow. NO SPIKE! First rule of combat, ALL weapons must face the enemy. Why would you want a sharpened spike directly aiming at your face? There is absolutely no purpose for a spike on a fighting hawk. I have seen numerous accidents associated with the spike. All of them in a controlled training environment, not even in actual combat. The spike looks cool, I will give you that much. The other problem with the spike is you need a straight shaft, which brings me to my next point. You need to provide a constant positive grip on a straight handle, otherwise the axe will fly away. Try to maintain a good grip after just five minutes of swinging. A hawk needs a handle that will hook on your hand even when you are not squeezing hard. Our handle is designed so the swing actually increases the retention. The shaft is curved in the same manner as a climbing ice pick, an implement designed to maximize strength with less effort.

It makes sense to me.
>>
>>33826338
Be a man. Get a Danes Axe.
>>
>>33833894
szaboinc.com/edged_weapons/szabo-hawk-fighter/

Why no spike at the other side of the main blade?

In hand to hand confrontations, if your are fighting to retain your hawk, that spike can be turned against you and could be very well end up in your throat or eye socket, in tight spaces the same spike can end up slashing your chest if you swing too close.
Lets face it, the spike looks very cool and I am sure we can find a use for it to justify its existence, but it is not worth the cons, There is nothing a spike can do that a good well profiled head can’t. But one thing for sure, a spike cannot cut wood or rope.
>>
Axes with picks exist for a reason. But fighting isn't key. I have a few versions in my collection. Basically there's the naval boarding axe, with many uses but more a weapon of last resort; it's main use is as a tool for clearing the chaos of a wooden sailship under fire.
The next one is the climbing axe, which has a narrower blade and is generally lighter but otherwise is similar. Finally you have the classic fireman's axe which is heavier than either of the others and has a shorter handle.

http://www.boardingaxe.com/functionandform.html
>>
>>33831568
>>33826445
>Big whoop you put a tiny hole into a sheet of metal exactly like the axehead likely would with the same hit except smaller puncture mark from the pick.
Axe head will just bounce of armor with no or little effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ob95SxIpw
>>
>>33826445
>I just don't see the point

Hohoho
>>
>>33834087
>Axe head will just bounce of armor with no or little effect.
I really doubt that. An axe with the read sized head and little or no beard on it is probably not that much weight different than a mace and sharp or not is probably going to act like a flanged mace. Even dull flanged maces with thicker flanges can cut into metal really easily I've tested it out against stuff, not any well made armor or anything flattish steel.
There is an old tv show that use to be on the history channel. Forgotten weapons or something R lee emry use to host it. One episode he had longsword vs katana chopping and stabbing a steel breastplate, both swords could stab through the metal, I don't know what magic science properties you think a pickaxe gets over other pointed pieces of metal but plate armor wasn't as tough as it's made out to be in movies and video games. I've seen lots of photos of historic examples of breast plates with impact holes in them.
>>
>>33834448
I know exactly what you're talking about and that is completely irrelevant because people didn't wear fucking larp gear as armor, it wouldn't effect hardened and tempered steel which is why every example of "how to kill guys in plate armor" we have from historical manuals is some form of "get to the point where you can jab a stiff dagger in their eye/armpit/back of the knee/elbow" - places where plates couldn't cover it

Whether you got there through smashing the head with a mace/hammer, wrestling him to the ground, or something else similar to it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.