[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything wrong with buying factory premade ARs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Is there anything wrong with buying factory premade ARs?
>>
>>33825657
no, it's like buying a prebuilt PC.

There's pride and (usually) money savings in buying the parts and assembling it yourself, but some people don't have the time or motivation to do so.
>>
>>33825657
not at all. built ones tend to rattle too, ones you buy factory made will tend to feel more solid than your average franken-AR
>>
From what I've been seeing (building an AR for balls cheap) you can save around 300.00 building your own.
>>
>>33825657
>Is there anything wrong with buying factory premade ARs?

Nope. Assuming you bought it from a reputable manufacturer like BCM or Colt, you're getting something that was assembled by people who know what they're doing.

But this is /k/ so anticipate the "build your own or ur dumb" crowd. Then when babby makes his first AR, he will later cry and ask why [X] doesn't work and wtf he should do. When asked, he will not be able to tell you what staking is or where it should be done, how to use a torque wrench or understand how buffer tubes and their weights work in relation to the gas system. They will assume milspec means it's the best and have no fucking idea what an M4 feed ramp looks like compared to an M16 feed ramp. I see this all the time on /k/ and it's usually done with poor components along with the lack of proper equipment.

I'll get hate and shat on but this is merely information for serious useage carbines. If you want to have a gun strictly to dick around with, be my guest but don't kid yourself when you think you're better at putting an AR together from someone who has been doing it professionally for years.

You may think it's "just like legos" but it isn't so.
>>
>>33826622
There is literally nothing wrong with taking a pre-built upper and lower and slapping them together
>>
>>33826622

This

>Friend built a .300 memeout rifle
>Like milled out the receiver and everything
>Won't cycle, gas tube is loose, the safety doesn't work, trigger doesn't reset etc
>I have an M&P 15
>Only malfunction was when it wouldn't a chamber a round because I didn't seat the mag right

But his is better because he built it
>>
>>33826622
Thank you for posting this so I don't have to.

Building ARs is fun and can be a good way to get yourself a good rifle for cheap. But if you have no experience or simply don't want to dedicate the time to learn or money to buy tools simply buying a cheap pre-made AR will work just fine.
>>
>>33826622
You sure as fuck are not going to learn how to build an AR by buying a prebuilt one.
>>
>>33826712
>There is literally nothing wrong with taking a pre-built upper and lower and slapping them together

That isn't considered building a rifle.
>>
>>33826810
Well, I also replaced the trigger but now that I think about it it really isn't much.
>>
File: IMG_20160702_190449.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160702_190449.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
>>33825657
I have a Windham Weaponry AR (not the polymer one) and I love it. I'm not really into going full oper8or on my guns, so I just slapped some irons on it and I was happy. Thinking about building my next one though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.