[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a little known facts and triva thread? One about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: f22.jpg (44KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
f22.jpg
44KB, 650x432px
Can we have a little known facts and triva thread?

One about the Lockheed Senior 71: The plane was so fast that if a pilot dropped a penny from his head, he could fly halfway to the UK before the quarter hit the floor.
>>
>>33825300
Wat
>>
>filename
>if he dropped a penny, he could go to the U.K. Before a quarter hit the floor

This is a good thread.
>>
Yeah it was pretty freak out about it later today thanks to you when I'm not sure if you have this problem before you leave for school tomorrow right side window controls fix it up for the congratulations on your phone number for me and you know what happened with your friends and family and friends who are you doing anything else today I will.
>>
>>33825300
presuming the pilot is flying from Hanscom, thats 5300km to the UK. Rounding the SR-71s average speed to 1000m/s (for simplicitlys sake) it means that it would take the SR-71 2600 seconds to travel halfway to the UK.

Thats 40 ish minutes. So that's a rather slow penny, but whats even more amazing is that the penny turned into a quarter on its way down...
>>
Trolling aside, most of the Titanium for the SR-71 was sourced from the Soviet Union.
>>
>>33825355
wut
>>
>>33825411
You have to account for air resistance and inflation.
>>
Kerosine makes good hydraulic fluid?
>>
File: 1432928784103.jpg (100KB, 748x476px) Image search: [Google]
1432928784103.jpg
100KB, 748x476px
>>33825820

Kerosine + molten butter = excellent hydraulic fluid.
>>
>>33826036
>little known fact: us troops used T34s in Iraq
>>
>>33825643
Saw the name of this thread and knew it was gonna be good. Was not disappointed, you sure delivered k/
>>
McRibs are actually made by pressing millions of silverfish bugs together.

Tents are 3 times more likely to steal your purse than the average man.

The Rhodesian bush wars were actually held in latvia.
>>
>>33825411
>but whats even more amazing is that the penny turned into a quarter on its way down...
well i suppose he's right if the quarter happens to be possessed by a jew
>>
The F-35 has a top speed of Mach 2.2, over twice the speed of light.
Due to this, it's bombs actually have to be dropped several days after an enemy has been sighted, in order for the munitions to accurately hit (so to time dilation and quantum displacement)
This combination of speed and stealth is why the F-18 Super Lightning is referred to as the first "multi-role" fighter to be used by the US Army Air Corps
>>
>>33825643
kek
>>
>>33826036
Dem rims
>>
File: fuckingmaverick.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingmaverick.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
more bombs were dropped in the Vietnam war then the Cimbrian war,The second Carnatic war and the war of the Spanish succession combined
>>
>>33825607
Just using next recommend work when typing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.