[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final verdict on the C-9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: Hi-Point C-9 battletank.jpg (64KB, 643x568px) Image search: [Google]
Hi-Point C-9 battletank.jpg
64KB, 643x568px
Ok can we finally come to an agreement on whether the C-9 is either decent or a piece of shit? I mean you can get them for $160 new and under $100 used.

Putting memes aside and hate towards the brick and weight, can anybody with experience using the damn thing weigh in and give us your 2 cents on it? Also, how about that life time warranty and customer support if there is an issue. Unlike Springfield Armory raping you on cost and then taking away your rights hoping you wont notice.
>>
>>33820784
If you're an absolute poorfag then it'll do. Also it passed the SOCOM handgun tests so it's certified Duty proof.
>>
>>33820784
For the price they're not really "bad," they're functional and come with a good warranty, but at the same time just... why?

For so little extra money you could get so much more on the used market. Unless you're just going to buy one magazine's worth of FMJ and throw it in your nightstand for the rest of your life there's no reason not to go for something you're going to enjoy shooting more.
>>
>>33820784
I'd rather have one than no gun at all.
>>
Better than nothing but there's a lot better out there.
>>
>>33820784

They work. That's all you can say that is good about them. They do work. Even eating shitty blaser steel it works.

It is too big, too heavy, too ugly. It ha sa single stack mag. Ergos and controls are garbage. Trigger is literal garbage. Got a hot spot on my finger just from the sharp edge of it over like 50 rounds. Unpleasant to shoot. Sights were crooked out of the box.

Save more money and get a decent pistol.
>>
the grip is nicer than your average square double stag mag grip, only BAD part is the trigger
>>
>>33820784
Does anybody have the C9 copy pasta with the guy that stashed them all over his house?
>>
Father in law has one as his carry gun. Dude makes ~100k in a rural farming community, so don't ask me the fuck why. I've played around it some.

Shot every time and straight enough for what I can expect out of a handgun. The only real complaints I have are bitchy whining.

However. It's a fuck ugly gun that feels like you're holding it by a pack of playing cards. I wouldn't take a brand new one for free and don't understand why people pay money for that 9 pound brick, especially people that know what they're doing.
>>
>>33820784
getting shot by one will fuck you up as much as any other gun, plus you never have to clean it - when it gets dirty throw it away and buy a new one.
>>
>>33820784
If you live in a ghetto/crime ridden hellscape and absolutely need a gun and don't have time to save up then it will do. It's reliable and will take anything you feed it but if you can wait to save up a few more hundred dollars there are better alternatives. It works but it is quite unwieldy and hard to conceal.
>>
>>33820784
I always thought the ejector and port looked like a spade.
>>
>>33821830
I always thought the person carrying one looked like a spade
>>
File: nottodisushittoagen.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nottodisushittoagen.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Horrendously outdated, and it baffles me why Hi-Point doesn't update the design to compete with the used pistol market that is slowly pushing them out of the market.
>>
the IV8888 torture tests are great

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg&list=PL42916C505DA82E19&index=1
>>
/k/ will never admit it, but they are the best $ for value firearm in existence.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
What about the earlier Hi-Points?
>>
>>33825642
Guy at my LGS said everyone shits on them all the time but he can't keep them in stock. Constantly sells out of them and no one ever comes back in to complain or to send off for warranty work.
>>
>>33820784

If it had a doublestack mag it wouldn't get as much hate as it does.
>>
>>33821789
I have one in each of my toilet tanks in a ziplock bag. I armed both my toilets for $120. Feels pretty good
>>
>>33825642

Which I find hilarious since many people on /k/ are poors who should be thanking hi-point for producing something even they can afford.
>>
>>33825678
my LGS says the same thing, not a week later I bought a used hi - point carbine there and the worker said damn that didn't even last a day on the used rack
>>
>>33825678
It's probably because they all get sold off to gangsta thugs, or stolen.
>>
Isn't it possible to make a similar gun, just as cheap but better looking/more ergonomic/double stack?
>>
>>33825751
>sold off to gangsta thugs
Until they are convicted of a crime there is no grounds to deny them the right of self defense with a firearm.
>>
Is it possible to disable one while still having it appear functional during an action check or field strip?

I was thinking about hiding all my expensive guns, and buying a C9 and a cheap walmart remmy 870 to leave somewhere more obvious as bait for potential robbers.

I just don't want it to work in case it does ever get taken.
>>
>>33825792
>I was thinking about hiding all my expensive guns
why not just buy a safe bolted to the floor?
>>
File: 1493402162314.jpg (123KB, 667x862px) Image search: [Google]
1493402162314.jpg
123KB, 667x862px
>>33820784

I have one

Pros-cheap, hipoints warranty is based, accurate, likes the higher pressure ammo

Cons: malfunctions at least once per 8 round mag with Winchester white box, heavy, trigger is shitty, mag release doesn't work (or works too well kek) the gun is heavy and is uncomfortable to shoot, is a bitch to take apart

I like the concept of an inexpensive firearm because poor people have the 2a too but surely a short recoil tilting barrel pistol shouldn't be that more expensiveve to produce than a blowback pistol.
>>
>>33825904
Because it's an obvious target and all consumer gun safes are inherently shitty. If the burglar knows it's there and they have enough time, they'll just come in with an angle grinder and crowbar and have it opened within 15 minutes. It happened to my grandfather a few years ago.
>>
>>33826029
>have it opened within 15 minutes
you asshole, that's what the booby traps are for
>>
>>33825725
High point carbines are awesome. Everyone should have one.
>>
>>33823899
Because it's literally designed to be as cheap as possible while still functioning.

It can be had for like $150 new, no used pistol for that little will work well at all, and no other new pistol for that will either, being unsafe Ring Of Fire derivatives.
>>
>>33820784
Really, really good for what it is.

You can't get a better handgun for under $150. And some people are just plain poor, those people need self-defense as much as anyone.
>inb4 get a job and a better gun
That's not the kind of poor most people are nowadays. Usually people are the kind of poor where they have a job but a bunch of debt and bullshit takes all their money away. Those people can't really save for a better gun--or if they do it'll take many months.
>>
>>33825758
Probably not, Hi-Point has a pretty special business relation with local automotive industry and can have their zamak castings made for silly cheap.
>>
Its semi auto, fairly reliable, safe and Hi-Point will honour the lifetime warranty even if you got the gun for free from a gangbanger that just got killed will robbing a liquor store.
>>
>>33820784
they make good drop-weapons.
>>
>>33820784
If you absolutely positively need a gun NOW and have next to no money at all then yes it's a good gun.
>>
what I don't get is, why single stack? why not make a version that takes double stack mags, or even glock mags, so your absurdly huge gun could have decent capacity?
>>
>>33825672
look nicer but im afraid of them exploding
>>
>>33826139

I want one in .45ACP so badly.
>>
File: you know me.jpg (25KB, 211x289px) Image search: [Google]
you know me.jpg
25KB, 211x289px
>>33826139
>High point carbines are awesome. Everyone should have one.
>>
File: nine.jpg (216KB, 801x394px) Image search: [Google]
nine.jpg
216KB, 801x394px
>>33825758
>> Isn't it possible to make a similar gun, just as cheap but better looking/more ergonomic/double stack?

Jimenez Arms JA 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K7WadWsiL0
Jimenez Arms JA 9 Pistol Review Budget or Junk
>>
>>33820784
They are decent pieces of shit. Seriously. They work fine, and like any modern pistol can be shot accurately with practice, but they are just not very nice. They handle like crap, they feel cheap (though very durable thanks to the immense weight) and most people think they are ugly.

As far as is it worth it? Maybe, depends on your priority. I don't feel the need to own one, but I've no real issue with them either. I am okay with paying money for nicer guns, even knowing the HP would do the same job almost if not entirely as well.

Not sure about customer service, but my friend has owned and shot one for years and never had to find out so that says something for their reliability I suppose.
>>
>>33821835
Underrated post
>>
>>33820784
Decent for price but for around 260 plus Tax the Kel-Tec P-11 and the SCCY CPX-2 are way better. If you pay the extra it is worth it.
>>
Bought one super cheap years ago and never really had a problem with it except a couple ftf with some 10 round mags I got also for cheap. I put a rubber hogue finger groove sleeve grip on it and it felt ten times better in hand. Still ugly, heavy, not too accurate, impossible to conceal and the stock plastic grip was slippery and cheap but it kept going bang mag after mag most of the time. I have a glock and a beretta now but the hi point is still around. Ironically a few non gun people I took out said they liked the look of it and enjoyed shooting it but they had big hands so I suspect it didnt feel like a brick to them. If you want one get one. Its almost a novelty item to me at this point.
>>
File: dclose.jpg (27KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
dclose.jpg
27KB, 282x400px
>>33828155
TEC-9s are pretty sick too
>>
File: 1200px-Vp70z.jpg (228KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Vp70z.jpg
228KB, 1200x900px
Hi-Point Pistol is better than H&K VP70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmUX0rpRQQY
HK VP70z: The Original Plastic Wondernine

Actually, Hi-Point is interesting in gun mechanism design.Its a successful blowback pistol can fire .45ACP, this is awesome.
>>
File: 0.jpg (65KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
65KB, 480x360px
>>33831642
TEC-9 is a improved STEN gun, but for Law and market reason need to make it become a pistol.
If we are in the world war time or Fallout Era, Tec-9 maybe the best gun you can make in garage.
>>
File: hipoint overkill.png (143KB, 1285x646px) Image search: [Google]
hipoint overkill.png
143KB, 1285x646px
>>33821649
>>
>>33831890
Remind me the legendary "A Better Tomorrow (1986 )" shootout scene

shootout began in 0:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdQJWPOkNdA
A Better Tomorrow 1986
>>
>>33825962
>malfunctions at least once per 8 round mag

I've heard they're hit or miss and to send it back for another if it's picky like that. I've also heard it's usually just some burrs to remove.
>>
>>33831772
>Its a successful blowback pistol can fire .45ACP, this is awesome.

I can shoot 10mm with minor modifications to the 40 S&W model
>>
>>33832801
I own one and it's not the gun but the mag's that have a feed problem that leads to jams.
Out of 4 Mag's 2 of them never had a problem the other 2 Jam consistently.
>>
That thing was too big to be called a pistol. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough. It was more like a large hunk of pot metal.
>>
>>33820784
A buddy of mine was going overseas for some contract work, didn't want to leave his wife home with no gun. Picked up a used hi point 45 when we were at the range/gun store for < $100. 5 or 6 of us ex mil guys took it back to the range and fired several boxes of 45 through it flawlessly. It was a blast, we tried to make it malfunction. It just kept on ticking. The hardest part was remebering to say "break yo self fool" when we fired it sideways.
>>
>>33833460
Actually, a Hi-Point 45 is lighter than a 1911 , and have 2 more rounds.
Although the Hi-Point have top heavy.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.