[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final verdict on the XD9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: XD9101HCSP06_2.jpg (1MB, 1705x1500px) Image search: [Google]
XD9101HCSP06_2.jpg
1MB, 1705x1500px
Ok can we finally come to an agreement on whether the XD9 is either decent or a piece of shit?

Putting memes aside and hate towards the grip safety as well as politics, can anybody with experience using the damn thing weigh in and give us your 2 cents on it?
>>
>>33820575
Company is backstabbing shit bags. You really want to purchase a gun from them? If you cant trust the maker, why even bother thinking about their products?
>>
>>33820575
The first time I fired this thing I had a FTF because of the grip safety.
I instantly judged it as pure garbage that could risk your life by design.

Get literally anything else except an M&P/Smith and Wesson. They're also sellouts.
>>
>>33820618
Is said try to keep politics out of it
>>
File: 1483909805410.png (53KB, 977x519px) Image search: [Google]
1483909805410.png
53KB, 977x519px
>>33820657
>I had a FTF because of the grip safety.

This doesn't make any sense? How did the grip safey cause a FTF, it has nothing to do with the firing mechanism?
>>
>>33820667
I think the lethality of .22 lies within it's ability to be fired accurately by nearly anyone even as fast as you can pull the trigger. No other pistol can really do that.
>>
>>33820575
OP, you should know better. There's a spergout going on now that a good portion of the gun community blame Springfield and RI for cucking Illinois.

I think the XD's are fine, but that only comes from shooting them during a work-sponsored range day, so I can't say whether they'd hold up if I owned one and shot it more than once. I didn't encounter any issues with the grip safety, and we ran them hard all day through at least seven different shooters. No malfunctions the entire day, ergos were decent enough, shot okay. Would I own it over any of my SIGs, HKs, or even Glocks, though? No, absolutely not.

M&P is bland dogshit though.
>>
>>33820661
I did keep politics out. It comes down to how they treat their customers. Springfield Armory is not running for congress or some shit. It is how they view their customer base and how much they can rape them before it is too much. Not a solid business strategy and may go into gun quality and support their products over time.
>>
>>33820667
Designing a gun to fire under more than 1 operation (pressing the trigger) can and will compromise a shot on occasion. They designed it like this despite them knowing that.

Its trash. Just get a Sig
>>
>>33820686
How many rounds did you put through them?
>>
>>33820575

I dunno about the XD9, but I had an XD45 4" that was great. Fun to shoot, more accurate than I am and never had a malfunction of any kind. I ended up selling it because I was buying a 1911 and didn't need two .45s. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one if it checks all of the right boxes for you at the right price. That being said, I have had no experience with the XDm, XDs or the GRIP ZONE, but I imagine that they're pretty good, too.
>>
Not duty grade.

Get a Glock
>>
File: 1492409859436.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492409859436.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>33820712
The trigger won't even work unless you're holding the grip properly, so this FTF issue is 100% bullshit kid.
>>
File: 1484876580542m.jpg (142KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484876580542m.jpg
142KB, 1024x1024px
>>33820724
>not duty grade

This is quickly become my new favorite meme
>>
One word.

Glock.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 626x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 626x373px
>>33820725
It's hilarious how one person feverently defends XDs.

It is as if they bought one and have post purchase regret when /k/ tells them it's shit.

Guess what passed SOCOM's handgun tests?

Sigs

Glocks

HKs

Guess what didn't?

(not duty grade)
>>
File: raifus shotfus and pistolfus.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
raifus shotfus and pistolfus.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>33820743
I own a Glock just like 95% of /k/, but to peddle this fucking nonsense about a pistol you obviously haven't fired before is overwhelming cancer.

>muh Socum

The XD was never put through the trials dumbass
>>
>>33820780
All I see is a bunch of bad choices. Your opinion is 1/3rd the worth of someone who browses /k/. No wonder you like XD's, my optic excluding the mount on my AR costs more than your shitty rifles and whatever shit got slapped on when it was dragged through the amazon special section.

Mispelling socom doesn't make you witty or right in the slightest. Get mad at me and even read my post with an inflection but you cannot prove me wrong.

Not

Duty

Grade
>>
>>33820713
Me personally? I ran three mags through it by then end of the day, other guys did two to five. That's part of the reason I won't say whether the XD's are particularly good or not, I just didn't get enough time with one. We're participating in the Velocity program this year, so if I don't end up getting a free Saint/Opr8r/M1A I may just get an XD for shits and giggles. At least if I hate it after more than a handful of mags I didn't spend any money on it and can sell if off for a profit regardless of what the final offer is.
>>
File: HAHAHA_NO.png (637KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA_NO.png
637KB, 693x693px
>>33820780
>owning a glock
>>
XD´s greatest problem, it's a $400 gun that cost close to $500. Easier to find the extra $25 to $30 and buy a Glock
>>
>>33820780
holy shit it looks like the bargain bin. that anon was right
>m&p
>pardner pump
>cheapo optic on AR
>that plastic furniture slavshit
>OD green 1911
Jesus christ do you also have a punisher knife set to go with this crap? You are chinas favorite fucking customer
>>
>>33820982
>>33820780
Theres so much China in this picture it might as well be treason
>>
File: 1490395323675.jpg (29KB, 453x514px) Image search: [Google]
1490395323675.jpg
29KB, 453x514px
>>33820982
>Not the fact of him owning TWO (2), count them, TWO (2) Sigmas.
>>
>>33821011
>smith and wesson
>the company that invented the hillary hole and helped support the Assault Weapons Ban
Treason
>>
>>33820780
Can I use your pic to show my self defense class what not to buy?
>>
Why do people even waste their time on buying semi auto handguns that aren't Glock, Beretta, SIG, or CZ, HK or Walther?
I get buying certain "offbrand" novelty guns but for any other purpose it's just like you guys hate buying a "nice" gun the first time because you think a gun is a gun is a gun.
After well over a decade spent on this board and two and a half decades shooting firearms, I've seen more people than I can count that buy some shitty auto because they think it will work nicely like other quality guns and it just doesn't, and they always end up going with another proven gun later on.

Why not just save yourself the hassle and buy a not shitty fucking weapon the first time.

XD9 is bad and you should feel bad for wanting one.
>>
>>33820982
I'll give you that the optic is garabage and have since upgraded to a vortex. But everything else is fine, yes even the tapco sks.

>>33821011
Nothing wrong with the SD9 and SD40, they're cheap and reliable.
>>
>>33820575
I have an XDmod 2 (the 3" 9 version) and I love it. Never had any issues out of the thing. My only two complaints that I would have is that the Gripzone writing makes it look cheap as shit and my other complaint is it doesn't have the same trigger as the XDs. (The XDs has a lot shorter of a pull while the mod 2 has a lighter pull theres a shit ton of pre travel distance before the takeup even comes to play. This makes it feel a little spongy to me but otherwise it's perfect.)

And I know people hate bringing up the idea of sales but once a year they pretty much do a deal where if you buy it new from a certified place they'll send you 4 free magazines. So now I have three 13 round mags and three 16 round mags. It's awesome to be able to go through almost 100 rounds without having to fill up another mag
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.