[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arex Rex Zero 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 37

File: rex1 standard.png (87KB, 391x315px) Image search: [Google]
rex1 standard.png
87KB, 391x315px
does anybody have a Rex Zero 1? I've been eye balling one as a carry or service pistol but i was looking for personal reviews.
>>
>>33820270
I finger fucked one in my local fun store, MACs video really made me want one. Haven't bought one yet though.
>>
>SIG clone with a safety

This wasn't something i realized i needed until now
>>
>>33820270
isn't that just a sig p226 clone? how did it do so much better in the mac torture tests than the p226 if it's just the same gun
>>
>>33820270
it's not exactly cheap for a knockoff off brand product

not saying it's bad, never owned one but it'd be pretty low on my pistols-to-get list for it's price
>>
>>33820516
>>33820520
its a p226 at p320 price
>>
>>33820550
not necessarily, not to say 226 isnt overpriced but i guarantee this thing does not have the life span a 226 has, meanwhile you could be picking up other serious pistols from not literal who companies, getting outstanding warrantees and replacement services, etc

I'm mostly just sitting here regretting my rock island 1911 because I paid "real pistol" price for it, got rave reviews everywhere, then I get it and the thing costs me another $100 to get into any kind of acceptable condition to use as a HD pistol

just saying why cheat yourself, if you're about to blow whatever this costs, why not save up for another few weeks and buy the actual 226 or something else better
>>
>>33820605
hadnt thought about the warranties. thanks for that
>>
>>33820634
warrantees, part life, barrel life mainly, and acessories. unless this thing is a 1:1 226 copy good luck finding a replacement for any of the internals for sale, or getting any support from sergei or vladislav or whoever makes this after your 30 day period is over

if this thing has longer than a 30 day, or 1 year at the absolute most defective turn in policy i'd be amazed. these things havent been on the market long enough for anyone to tell you this has the same value as a real sig, or several other major brand pistols for the price or less.
>>
>>33820605
how did this thing beat the sig in the torture test though if it's exactly the same with a safety added? they even tested a different model p226 and it still lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuPOqDlaX6U
>>
>>33820696
MAC's videos are what sold me on it.
>>33820670 , is right though it hasnt been around very long and I'll have to check on the warranty and replacement stuff. It's a Slovakian company imported by Kvar so idk what kinda parts are on the market here
>>
>>33820696
good job on them for beating it maybe 1/5th of what makes a pistol worth buying

if you're going to be dunking your pistols in sewage all day every day when you go to the range, then the rex is for you

if you want a pistol that is proven, irrefutably, to not shit itself after a few years of doing normal people stuff with it, with a good warranty, 1st party support and repair services, etc then literally anything else for it's price will probably beat it

you're trying to vouch for some literally who slavshit manufacturer who makes one gun, that happened to get a stellar review from one of the biggest shills on youtube. maybe theyre all right and this pistol is hot shit, but why risk it for the price. risk it with a $300 pistol not a $600 pistol
>>
>>33820776
i'm not trying to vouch for anything i have a p226. the torture test kinda pissed me off and made me wish i had got something else though since even the hi point did better
>>
>>33820776
isn't the company that makes it some big name defense contractor in slav land? From what I understand they're just new to making handguns, not military contracting in general.
>>
>>33820808
all i know is if it's not 1:1 parts interchangible with whatever it's a clone of, it's a meme and you're going to get fuckin burned on that 32nd day when it shits the bed and your warranty is gone, and you're stuck needing to get your hands on some proprietary part from a bunch of slavs in croatia or the phillipines or whatever 3rd world shithole exports these meme guns
>>
>>33820813
yeah theyre just new to handguns. been making rifles and other equipment for a bit
>>
>>33820822
well the full size has been out for a while now and there's not been any buzz of them having any problems.

Granted I'm waiting for the compact to mature a little while and see/hold one in person but still they've got a better pedigree than most startup American companies at least.

At least its not another fucking striker fired pistol, anything that encourages something beside the avalanche of glock clones is a good thing in my opinion, even if it just ends up popular as a range toy.
>>
>>33820854
yeah I'd love to have one in my hands before I buy but I doubt any stores around me while have one
>>
>>33820874
give it time. If they're good we'll see them popping up all over.

If they suck, they won't, and the problem solves itself.

I hope they turn out to be good though, it ticks every single feature I want for my carry gun. Only other pistol I've found close are Rami's and P07's, both of which have a couple of little things that bug me.
>>
>>33820893
yeah it seems great over all especially as a carry. looking at the "combat" design as well for a CC and service pistol
>>
>>33820270
Wow, unlike the rest of these faggots I actually own one.

I'm happy to see more people discussing this gun. Not only is it a great gun, I think it's better than overpriced sigshit. If you don't believe me watch MAC's reliability test where it shits on the P226 legion.

It's a DA/SA gun that has a safety so it can be carried cocked and locked

I mean I should just stop right there. That's something Sig doesn't make

Fit and finish are fantastic, reliability is fantastic, sights are good, mags are cheap ($25!), eats any ammo you give it

Safety is designed to be easy to flip off, a bit harder to flip on, which IMO is how you want it, I could carry this gun cocked and locked with no issues

Only complaints: not very much aftermarket (might change with time, but hard to find holsters) and the mag release is a bit gritty, but it might wear in

Overall super happy with my purchase, buy it anon
>>
>>33821268
Because cocked and locked carry is for pleb niggers and defeats the purpose of a da/sa
>>
File: IMG_2540.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2540.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33821268
Proof I own one, just in case
>>
>>33821279

Well then you don't have to carry it cocked and locked. You can carry it DA/SA and then use cocked and locked for the range. At least it gives you options, unlike the P226
>>
>>33821286
They don't give you the option because you don't want the safety to flick on ever. It should always be draw and shoot. Adding a safety that lets you deactivate the trigger and not just decock is a hindrance.
>>
>>33821292
It's just not possible with the Arex. I don't know how else to put it. The only way I can flip the safety on is using my thumb joint, and I couldn't possibly do it accidentally.
>>
>>33821303
That's what everyone says until it happens to them. Happens to the 1911.
>>
File: IMG_2541.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2541.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33821307
1911 safeties are a lot easier to actuate. I don't really have any way to prove this to you, I mean, whatever. I have to really try to push the safety on with my hand in this position. If a safety makes you that uncomfortable, sure, it's not for you. If you want at least the option to cock and lock, sure, try fingerfucking one if you can actually find it.
>>
>>33820270
Finally! A full sized double stack in .32acp.
>>
>>33820516
How are Sphinxs, Jerichos and Caniks nicer than CZs. How do $450 and $3000 AR exist in the same world. Devil is in the details, and of course matters of chance just like his VP9 video which nobody can replicate
>>
>>33820605
You use a 1911 as your HD gun and bought it knowing it's an entry level 1911 that aren't general marked as "rough but serviceable" and you're giving this guy advice on what better is based on speculation when Sig itself has been all over the fucking place in quality
>>
>>33820822
This is why the market is boring as fuck
>>
>>33821307
>happens with a gun made by dozens of manufactures with varying specifications and safeties of wildly different sizes

Great argument. I mean 1911 doctrine is to ride the thumb safety but whatever. People got by just fines for decades with thumb safeties and no safeties and they still do it today with striker fired guns. I'm a DA/SA fag but you're just being a twat
>>
>>33821505
Not in the US sadly

>>33820776
You do understand that US labor costs and brand name are the only legitimate reasons Sigs cost what they do right?
>>
>>33820516
because internally it uses a completely different locking mechanism.
>>
>>33821279
How are more options a bad thing?
>>
>>33823147
the sig failed because too much dirt got into the action and stopped it up. but the one on the rex is the same. it must have lower tolerances or something
>>
>>33824017
Clearances bro, clearances.
Tolerance is an acceptable range of deviation to remain in spec. Tolerance stacking can lead to shitty clearance but clearance is what matters when foreign matters comes into play

Swear to god everyone's uses tolerance in firearms the same way they would for drinking booze.
>>
>>33821279
there's a lot of reasons you could want a safety Anon. He may have guests over sometimes or just likes having the safety for range time. He may have kids or hell maybe he does carry it cocked and locked and has trained that way.

It doesn't magically switch on in your pocket, only a retard would think that. So chill out.
>>
>>33822719
the difference is that my 1911 was fully servicible with aftermarket 1911 parts. after spending the difference between this and a springfield/colt, it's now, ironically enough, full of springfield and colt parts. so i could have saved up a little extra and had the better pistol from the start. or a brand spanking new HK/glock/etc that would at least work out of the box.

if this thing is fully identicle parts to a 220/226 then go for it, otherwise you're going to get cucked by mikhail unless you nip it in the bud inside 30 days or whatever their warranty is

>>33822799
yes ofcourse, i'm not arguing FOR sig i'm arguing AGAINST buying imported slavshit with proprietary parts and literally no support unless you mail it overseas. if you're paying extra to have 1st party support that isnt half way across the world, and a warranty that doesnt say "fuck you it's after 30 days", theres infinitely more companies who arent sig that do this
>>
Here's a video of nearly all of it's manufacturing processes.
https://youtu.be/9KIZFN1q_2g

Speaking as a machinist, that is NOT cheap equipment they are using, and if everything is QCed as so in the video, I'd bet it's an awesome handgun.
>>
File: 1452480788861.png (13KB, 522x499px) Image search: [Google]
1452480788861.png
13KB, 522x499px
>>33824473
>falling for the "entire manufacturing process set to classical music" meme
>>
>>33824473
if they have all that technology and shit why didn't they design and make their own gun rather than a p226
>>
File: FB95IMG951493410201280.jpg (24KB, 480x555px) Image search: [Google]
FB95IMG951493410201280.jpg
24KB, 480x555px
>>33824602
I wasn't aware that a p226 had a safety.
>>
File: 1465113026877.jpg (70KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465113026877.jpg
70KB, 720x960px
>Sig Sauer P226
>one of the most thorougly tested handguns in the world with an extensive track record
>used extensively by NSW and an untold amount of LE agencies
>oh no
>nope nope nope
>fuck all this and let's buy the Arex because it failed MAC's Totes Scientific and 100% decisive mud test/torture test that doesn't even apply to me!

The fact that people praise it for having a manual safety just soldifies how little they know about running a DA/SA gun properly.

>>33821268
>sights are good

They come with white 3-dot sights. They're shit, period.

>mags are cheap ($25!)

I can get standard 226 mecgars for $21 all damn day.

>not very much aftermarket (might change with time, but hard to find holsters)

Yup, eat a dick. Hope the questionable track record and lack of holster options was worth it!
>>
>>33824658
This right here

But the reason for the safety is to carry it cocked and locked - not an advantage since the single action will always be subpar to a SAO

No reason why the arex, basically a direct copy of the sig would pass a mud test and the sig not pass other than mac being a shill.

Also I'd rather have a gun that will last tens of thousands of trouble free rounds vs one that may or may not function if fucking drop it in a pool of mud.

Practical reliability over thousands of rounds>>>>> mud test
>>
>>33821268
SIG makes SAO p226s
>>
>>33824412
No you aren't arguing for Sig, you're arguing against anyone ever taking the chances necessary for anything to succeed or fail based on your own speculation because YOU DON'T KNOW shit about the gun, it's manufacturer, it's importer or the warranty/cs experience
>>
>>33824602
Because R&D is expensive especially when stepping into a market with something completely new and unproven is a recipe for disaster, so why would they bother when they can just slightly modify an existing, proven ,popular design at a lower price point
>>
>>33824708
You miss the 1000 rounds in 14 minutes test
>>
>>33824602
Basic business sense. It's easier to get a market by replicating something already popular and making it cheaper than it is to build one from scratch.
>>
>>33822784
You're retarded. My whole point was if you have a safety you absolutely must train to flick it off and on a da/say that's entirely unnecessary and adds a layer of complexity you don't need.

>Hurr it was fine

Yes let's not ever develop new guns or change tactics or thinking because the 1911 was "fine".

>>33823197
I just said why.
>>
>>33825182
it doesnt need to succeed or fail, it's not bringing anything new to the table. it's trying to grab money from people who can't wait another month to save up for a pistol that has more than a few months of reputation from a youtube video to back it up

I mean if you can drop $600 on no name imported crap like it's nothing then why are you not just dropping $900 on something with 50 years of reputation from professionals worldwide, or you know, the dozens of pistols with that reputation that are $550-600.
>>
>>33825510
you, the consumer have no obligation to take a risk buying a firearm in 2017.

you CAN buy this and knowingly risk your money, or you can buy something with actual established credentials from people that make alot more money testing and using weapons than MAC does shilling products on youtube

i'm guessing you're looking at offbrand slavshit because you CANT afford to just toss $600 out there and yolo it
>>
>>33824708
Are you really so retarded that you're accusing MAC, which sucks Sig's cock at every conceivable opportunity, of faking a test to make a Slovenian gun with absolutely no marketing look good? Okay.
>>
>>33825782
how else would it consistently win when its the same gun with a safety
>>
>>33826017
for starters while there is a striking resembalence in boith looks and funtion there are internal differences related to including the safety, second the Arex may just be better built with more reliable tolerances and qc in its manufacturing process. the Sig 226 has been around for a long time and the Arex is relatively new so its not unlikely that they updated certain aspects of the design for reliability or used better materials.
>>
>>33820516
Did you see the instagram followup that MAC released following the massive amounts of Sig butthurt in the wake of that video?

Sig fanboys were claiming that the Sig Legion choked because it is a "target pistol" (lol) with smaller clearances, tighter tolerances, and a better slide-to-frame fit. MAC's response was to shake both guns on camera, which actually demonstrated that the Arex actually had a better slide-to-frame fit than the $1100+ Sig.
>>
>>33826176
link? i saw them bitching about the tolerances on the legion and thats why they retested with the navy version but it failed the same way
>>
>>33826222
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJs6EIRAEph/?hl=en
>>
>>33826017
Saying the Arex is just a P226 with a safety is like saying M&Ps, P320s, Glocks, and Hi-Points are the same gun with different aesthetics
>>
I'm confused as to how the Sig failed. Didn't the military do trials similar to MACs before issuing them to the seals? Shouldn't they have noticed this?
>>
>>33826794
Marketing, and .mil probably doesn't torture them as hard, and contract favoratism.
Also, your daily reminder that Sig's CEO was the CEO of Kimber when they started fucking up and cutting corners.
>>
>>33826828
Well shit. As someone who just picked up a 229 legion I'm a bit Leary. I've had no issues with mine so far, and I love how it feels and shoots compared to my glock, but I don't want to end up with the same issues Mac had.
>>
File: 1472752717476.jpg (21KB, 200x229px) Image search: [Google]
1472752717476.jpg
21KB, 200x229px
>>33826828
>Marketing, and .mil probably doesn't torture them as hard, and contract favoratism.

I'm having a hard time believing that you think SOCOM's handgun tests are something less serious and intensive than some hobbyist's half baked test in his backyard in Indiana.

The VP9 failed in MAC's video but passes with flying colors in this guy's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc

rlly makes u think
>>33826882
>but I don't want to end up with the same issues Mac had.

I highly doubt you'll ever drop your Legion in a hueg puddle of mud then awkwardly slosh it around when trying to pick it back up. Just don't be retarded and grease the rails.

It's really baffling how /k/ takes mud tests so seriously as a legitimate benchmark for the quality of a handgun when people like Ian and Karl that /k/ so worships even says that mud tests aren't the end all be all way to test a gun's overrall quality with so many other factors one has to take into consideration.

It's almost as if people on /k/ half ass their homework on these topics and only makes assumptions face value.

And since we're on the topic of Sigs and retarded shit
>high bore axis
>5% of shooting
>proper firing grip
>95% of shooting
>>
>>33826882
I wouldn't worry about it. Even if the Arex is better, Sig's have been popular and reliable military guns for decades and its not like you will really encounter the levels of shitfuckery that happened during that torture test when you're ccing your Sig.
>>
>>33826882
you wont unless you drench it in mud and sand. the glock and every other pistol tested failed too other than the arex
>>
File: IMG_3970.png (315KB, 1346x622px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3970.png
315KB, 1346x622px
>>33826921
>high bore axis
Kill yourself you stupid nigger
>>
>>33826882
I mean the mud test is impressive but unless you're rolling around in a pit full of shit in Mumbai or something it's not really going to matter for your purposes. Civilians aren't Navy SEALS, mud tests like this don't really mean that much to us
>>
File: 1471052789033.jpg (92KB, 613x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471052789033.jpg
92KB, 613x1024px
>>33827221
>Kill yourself you stupid nigger

Fuck off imbecile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4tbMHF3xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W_lQyLAu7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Dbchqs8CY

http://pistol-training.com/archives/4027
>Shootability: Let’s face it, nothing else matters if you can’t shoot the gun well. The HK45 proved far more performance-oriented than I gave it credit for at the beginning of the test. High bore axis? Not an issue. Heavy recoiling 230gr hardball? No problem. Sub-2 second Bill Drills from concealment? Hell yeah:

>a mechanical engineering student knows more about shooting than world class shooters that go through hundreds and thousands of rounds every year

If you don't have a good grip on a gun, what makes you think 0.4 inches of a higher bore axis will have a larger detriment to your performance than your piss poor technique? Fuck off please thanks.
>>
>>33827306
You stupid fuck I agreed with you. 8% is FUCKING NOTHING at this scale bore axis height is a meme. Learn to read you ignorant subhuman. Go move to california you will fit in better with the mouthbreathing leftist niggers
>>
>>33827306
fuck off fag high bore axis is just a meme
>>
File: 1490699283400.jpg (15KB, 236x232px) Image search: [Google]
1490699283400.jpg
15KB, 236x232px
>>33827408
I really don't know how responding to someone's post with "Kill yourself you stupid nigger" is a way to agree with them.

Either way, you're still retarded.
>>
>>33827429
Die screaming of brain cancer you ignorant servile swine
>>
>>33825447
And if you have a DA/SA you absolutely have to train to transition between triggers + decock. Both of which are negligible "hurdles". You can literally carry both cocked and unlocked if you wanted. Any that isn't completely inept learns to disengage the safety on the draw stroke just like anyone that isn't brain dead practices the DA and SA trigger. You talk about points of failure while championing a more complex trigger system when guns that completely lack a safety or a decocker are the norm. Wtf is this 1980?
>>
>>33824602
As others have stated, its easier to simplify/refine an existing idea rather than create a new one.
>>
Im really fucking tired of this stupid mud test bullshit and its threads. You might as well be testing if the gun works on the moon for how likely it is for you to cram a bunch of mud into its action.
>>
>>33825510
>mean if you can drop $600 on no name imported crap like it's nothing
Literally the story of ever successful business ever. Fantastic example of this being glock, in the age of alloy framed hammer fired guns.

>not just dropping $900 on something with 50 years of reputation from professionals worldwide
Because that's an extra 300 for a pistol with a spotty reputation and no proven benefits over the lowe cost option from an establish manufacturing company using an established design. All they have to do is use good material and keep an eye on QC, that's it. This type of business happens all of the time with success, especially in the firearms world
>>
>>33826921
>The VP9 failed in MAC's video but passes with flying colors in this guy's.
MAC's video wasn't just him dunking a VP9 in a bucket of water. The only thing that video proves is that MAC's retarded assertion that water in the striker channel is not actually what caused the failures and the tons of sand and grit he got into the gun by stomping it into a creek bed was.
>>
>>33826017
How are some ARs, AKs, cheap revolvers and 1911s complete dog shit when others are fantastic
>>
>>33820822
>sigfag detected
>>
>>33826794
You know that in military trials that failures are expected and they look for the weapons with an acceptable margin of failure right.

>>33826882
You won't end up with those issues, neither will anyone else because YouTube torture tests are just fucking around with things that will never actually happen to a gun>>33826921
>>
>>33827221
You know he was saying that bore axis doesn't matter right
>>
>>33827652
>fucking around with things that will never actually happen to a gun

what if there's a racewar and i have to crawl through a mudhole and shoot someone with my pistol right after
>>
>>33827554
>decock
Why do you have to train decocking? The only time you're going to be doing that is before reholstering or after shooting, neither of which requires speed or muscle memory.
>>
>>33827652
What about me? I go caving on a regular basis, i literally get covered in mud, silt, water, and sand and then camp in deliverence country routinely.

Not only are the spots usually miles from people, and without cell coverage, I have literally seen black bears multiple times on these trips throughout rural WV and VA.

Are you saying I don't need a gun that can fire after being submerged in mud?
>>
>>33827699
No because you don't exist and people expecting better reliability out of a more expensive handgun are retarded.
>>
>>33827221
>look at me guys im a 3rd year engineer student with no concept of biomechanics and how the location of the application of force is more important than the difference of moments.

Top kek. Im sure that the vast majority of professional shooter gravitating towards lower bore axis and felt recoil inducing designs is a meme too

>>33821279
>Decocked DA/SA carry is pleb nigger shit that defeats the purpose of carrying a gun with a single action trigger as opposed to DAO. DA first trigger pulls have a demonstrable negative impact on first shot hit probability.

>>33826921
Not even a similar test. MACs involved much more mud/particulates. not to mention pretty sure he admitted to fucking with the retardedly complex and non user serviceable braided/glued trigger return spring on his VP.

Surprise surprise, doing this is known to cause trigger reset issues
>>
>>33827794
Nope, the physics is right, sorry you are a stupid nigger.

And of course most recreational shooters will repeat what they hear on youtube from Buck Angel and Bigcock45
>>
>>33827794
If you can't control a 8 or 10 pound da first pull you don't need to own a gun.
>>
>>33826176
The Legion is just Sig America's idiot molon labe for the P226.

The mk25 is a meme, and did choke a bit, but at least it doesn't shake apart like a shitty tort suit.
>>
File: 1471833379729.png (142KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1471833379729.png
142KB, 292x257px
>>33827814
This. 100% this.
>/k/ tells me you can't shoot a DA/SA to save your life
>/k/ tells me that I should cock the hammer before actually using it
>/k/ tells me that the 12lb trigger on my Sig is impossible to use outside of contact distances
>mfw land clean hits on B8 bullseye targets at 25 and 50 yards easily with the DA pull

If you cannot shoot a revolver or transition from DA to SA, you quite frankly suck monster cocks at shooting and should dryfire more than you shitpost.
>>
>>33820499
You know you can get a sig with a safety right?
>>
>>33827851
Seriously my sp01 I am just as accurate with it in decocked da than I am with the sa, I'm a shit shot too.
>>
>>33827812
Im not debating the physics, im debating the relative importance of the amount of energy being translated into rotational movement as opposed to the importance of the angle of said rotational and rearward movement relative to the forearm/wrist and the manner in which this gives said firearm an increasing biomechanical advantage. These are two separate phenomena and that post only addresses one of them.

>>33827814
>if you can't control a manual safety and dont see the value in having a lighter trigger pull for making quick, accurate, shots then you don't need to own a gun.
>>
>>33827874
One is something that entirely locks your trigger up and can get you killed the other is something baby shit shots complain about.
>>
>>33827866
I feel the same way. I can actually make tighter groups shooting DA, decocking and shooting DA again and again as opposed to shooting SA. I too am also not even that good of a shooter. It just boils down to patience and attitude, too many people pull through what is considered a buttery smooth double action trigger and scream "FUCK THAT FUCK THAT" then go back to shooting their Glock or whatever.
>>
>>33827903
One can actually prevent an accidental discharge and has on multiple occasions saved peoples lives in the line of duty when a ne'er do well acquired somebodies firearm in a struggle and the other one serves no real purpose other than an illusion of safety while adding another factor needed to add to training.

>inb4 muh dubble strikes
>>
>>33827874
Well the Cg is within .11" between the p226 and g19, and the grip angle is within 3 degrees.

Go ahead and run whatever calculations you want, I guarentee you will not see a significant difference between the flip up on a sig vs a glock.
>>
>>33827947
>Da doesnt reduce ads

No guns confirmed.
>>
>>33827689
And you will be doing that before every single reholster, just like flipping a safety on the draw/reholster. It's just part of taking a grip on the gun
>>
>>33827699
Do you carry a pistol on a lanyard ,dragging it behind you as you go? No? Then it's probably in a holster and if you're smart about what you're doing its a flap holster, either of which are world's better than the generic YouTube torture clickbait
>>
>>33828142
Actually I wear coveralls and a wetsuit under them. So the best spot is actually a drop leg OWB. It gets literally dragged through mud.
>>
>>33828233
>coveralls and a wetsuit under them
What is it you do for a living anon?
>>
>>33828328
Nothing, college student. Im talking about when I go caving.
>>
>>33828233
As long as you clean it afterwards and the trigger is covered you should be fine. Since most of the ingress points are pretty damn small
>>
>>33828338
what do u go to college for
>>
>>33828338
what do you carry anyways? if i were you id definitely take my gun through one of those raunchier caves a couple times and then straight to the range to make sure it'll function if I needed it.
>>
>>33828842
Oh nothing. Not allowed to carry on campus and I would never actually bring a gun into a cave. Thats just silly.
>>
File: 1491538648860 (1).jpg (442KB, 1279x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1491538648860 (1).jpg
442KB, 1279x1706px
>>33828925
ha u got me boi
>>
>>33828964
>ketchup over cooked meat and bananas
TRIGGERED
>>
File: 1466547826839.jpg (76KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
1466547826839.jpg
76KB, 1024x680px
>>33829473
some ppl just dont no good food when they see it
>>
>>33829587
Are those condoms?
>>
File: tepS87o.jpg (270KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tepS87o.jpg
270KB, 900x1200px
>>33829660
bruh u need to learn how to cook
>>
File: Ts9LVk2.jpg (406KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ts9LVk2.jpg
406KB, 1280x960px
smdh niggas in this thread dont no how to cook good on a budget
>>
>>33820776
SIg, the systems provider:

Firearms
Ammo
Repair
Training
Shills
>>
File: 6oZUEBQ.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
6oZUEBQ.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
dis shit rite here is slammin bruh
>>
>>33827864

Can you get a p226 for $499?
>>
File: At7llil.jpg (99KB, 650x866px) Image search: [Google]
At7llil.jpg
99KB, 650x866px
sole food rite here niggas
>>
>>33829933
I got mine for $520 with 3 mags. That includes shipping and ffl transfer
>>
>>33825561
The average consumer fires less than 1,000 rounds a year. A P226 is probably good, solid for 35k rounds +P. That's -- for all intents and purposes -- a consumer's lifetime of use.

This other gun? Who the fuck knows. Until I see someone torture test it to death with an endurance run of 2-5,000 rounds, I'm not throwing my money in the pot.
>>
File: 1461216683426.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1461216683426.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>33827221

>muh 3rd year mechanical engineering

Jesus, some cunts on here are so deluded that they took a hundred $80k student loan and devoted 3 years of their life just validate an obvious design flaw.

There is nothing good about a high bore axis.

period.
>>
>>33829977

Whos your seller?
>>
File: COMMENCE.jpg (169KB, 1000x777px) Image search: [Google]
COMMENCE.jpg
169KB, 1000x777px
>>33829938
how poor do you need to be to take something like this out of the over and proudly eat it or give it to your family
>>
>>33826413
You just listed four gun brands (really, three, but you meant four) that have almost nothing in common other than the fact they're all predominantly striker-fired pistols.

Sig P320 -- modular pistol designed to be swapped in and out of grip modules. Durable as fuck and amazing magazine capacity.
M&Ps -- outside of the shields, breddy gud.
Glocks -- Fucking industry standard. If you don't do better than Glock, you're out of the game. Glock is highly customizable but works straight out of the box for a good long while until the recoil spring assembly needs to be replaced.
Hi-Points -- just fuck those pieces of trash. People defend them. That's cute. I wouldn't trust that pistol to an hero let alone defend my life.
>>
File: bjrcf8x.jpg (503KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bjrcf8x.jpg
503KB, 1024x768px
>>33830031
baka damn crackas dont even no what flavor is. go back to eating yo boiled chicken breast white boy
>>
>>33820270
I was strongly considering one of these because I adore the P226, but as luck would have it I stumbled upon a 1989 West German P226 used for $450, whereas the Rex seems to be hovering around $600 right now. Still, would love the opportunity to shoot one.
>>
>>33827851
You dumb nigger -- a 12 lb trigger doesn't fucking exist for any Sig.
>>
>>33830020
some dude on gunbroker
>>
>>33827605
you are not obligated to risk anything

they are by default risking their money by attempting to develop basically a clone of a product, with no innovation or "wow that's unique" appeal to it, and put it on the free market

there are companies that have enough reputation to where they can make the changes, make the innovations, and are barely risking anything - because they have several dozen firearm models that sell extremely well and have decades and decades of history behind them to give the buyer a baseline understanding of the quality of the product theyre about to buy. you know exacty what you're getting when you buy a sig, or a glock, or an HK, because hundreds of thousands of people over several decades can vouch for or against anything the sell

1 video from shill mcgee youtube bux and his NATO standard "mud dunk" testing method is not enough for an intelligent buyer to say "this is as good as something from those other companies who've been doing this better for longer, i trust this product fully"

honestly go buy it and we'll see you again in 3-5 years when you make a thread about how hard this thing fell apart and how AREX is literally in slovenia and will not help you. or we're all wrong, pistol is fucking amazing and sig goes bankrupt when their most successful pistol gets btfo by some slavshit. we don't know, and you are taking an unnecessary risk that hundreds of thousands of people even dumber than you already took the day MAC posted his vid, let them do the beta testing for you
>>
>>33829938
sole indeed it looks like someone danced on your lunch.
>>
File: hGmPhLa.jpg (85KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
hGmPhLa.jpg
85KB, 528x960px
>>33830202
yea implying white folks no anything about cookin. bet yall cant even make simple shit rite like bread puddin
>>
File: 20170408_111948.jpg (3MB, 2254x2509px) Image search: [Google]
20170408_111948.jpg
3MB, 2254x2509px
>>33830291
This is what actual food looks like not that shit you're spamming.
>>
File: lEeVzYg.jpg (346KB, 922x830px) Image search: [Google]
lEeVzYg.jpg
346KB, 922x830px
>>33830414
nigga i dont get enough on welfare to spend that much on one meal i got a baby mama n kids to feed
>>
>>33830414
>shit eggs
>shit mushy ????? side
>Shittily cooked bacon
>Steak doesnt even have a crust. was it microwaved or something?

You're almost as bad as he is.
>>
>>33830767
the side is cheesy grits i wouldn't expect a commie to understand their southern glory.
>>
>>33824017
no the Sig uses a tilting barrel system (browning action) whereas the AREX uses something more akin to the PX4 storm
>>
File: Iynkl87.jpg (24KB, 390x260px) Image search: [Google]
Iynkl87.jpg
24KB, 390x260px
>niggas in this thread dont even no bout soulfood
>>
File: NNBVbum.jpg (567KB, 1745x2045px) Image search: [Google]
NNBVbum.jpg
567KB, 1745x2045px
>>
File: kmBmWKj.jpg (199KB, 1268x1199px) Image search: [Google]
kmBmWKj.jpg
199KB, 1268x1199px
>>
File: P226 Yugo Family.png (288KB, 711x868px) Image search: [Google]
P226 Yugo Family.png
288KB, 711x868px
>>33824602
That's very simple. Yugoslavia started manufacturing a P226 clone, the Zastava CZ99, in 1989. Yugoslavia fell apart in the first half of the 1990s. After the war Serbia continued to manufacture the Zastava CZ99. Croatia started producing the HS95, a P226 clone (probably some engineers or blueprints from Zastava made their way to Croatia during the war). Slovenia which borders Croatia started manufacture the Rex 1, another P226 clone. Again, some engineers or blueprints might have come from Zastava or HS Produkt.
>>
>>33832082
why didnt they just make a cz75 clone? they could have copied that one exactly
>>
File: steak bean chowder.jpg (106KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
steak bean chowder.jpg
106KB, 500x375px
is this a soul food thread?
>>
File: US5200g.jpg (893KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
US5200g.jpg
893KB, 2448x3264px
>>33832102
>boiled milk steak and raw jelly beans

nigga now u talkin
>>
File: lJHqIEo.jpg (701KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
lJHqIEo.jpg
701KB, 840x630px
yall niggas aint had chicken until u had my powerade roasted chicken
>>
>>33832098
cz 75s were already easy to come by in Eastern Europe so there was no market for a high quality clone.
>>
>>33825782
MAC needed some oxys and SIGs check hadnt cleared yet. what was the man supposed to do? no one in his town wanted to catch youtuberitis from him.
>>33829892
>CONFIRMED FOR SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST
>>
>>33830414
>>33830888
why is your steak cooked so badly?
>>
>>33827851
>Implying /k/ isn't saying that a 12lbs trigger would be shit for engaging human targets in an area likely to have high risk for collateral damage

>Implying Sig has a 12lbs trigger

This entire thread is mouthbreathers.
>>
File: IMG_3024.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3024.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
If you dont eat like this several times a week you should kill yourself. Learn to cook.
>>
File: IMG_3856.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3856.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33833001
That was last monday here was friday
>>
File: IMG_3661.jpg (131KB, 623x791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3661.jpg
131KB, 623x791px
>>33833007
And here was this morning. Too lazy to mKe sides this early so just some porkchops

Even you poor people have no excuse, I buy porkchops like $20 for a whole side and my butcher cuts kike 15 porkxhkps from it an inch thick. I just pull a few from the freezer when I want.

Literally one of the cheapest meats, but fucking great if cooked right.
>>
>>33833023

Cut back on the beef, man.

I bet you only shit a couple times a week.
>>
>>33833054
Nope, not my fault you are too poor to live like a king. Also just to be clear in case you are retard, you replied to a picture of pork.
>>
>>33830921
The Arex doesn't use a rotating bolt, what the fuck are you talking about? It's the same action.
>>
>>33830188
And thinking along this line is why I havent bought an arex yet, but Im holding out for after my new computer build to get an arex or a usp9. my usp45 shoots so well for a 45 but I suck at 45 so I just gave it to my dad whose only pistol was a SA 1911 GI. he prefers the extra 4 rounds.
>>
File: hahapoorfag.jpg (813KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
hahapoorfag.jpg
813KB, 2048x1536px
>>33833055
> A steak with some bowtie pasta.
>Living like a king.

Your cooking is medicore at best.

Come back when you can make, let alone tell me what pic related is.....
>>
>>33833744
That looks disgusting.
>>
File: 1462900426053.png (153KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1462900426053.png
153KB, 351x351px
>>33830001
>thinking he went to school solely for this

You sound really bitter about people going to college. Did you drop out because it was too hard?
>>
>>33830414
pretty high test meal minus the carbs

I exist on eggs, steak, pork/bacon, and cheese for the last 2 years and i'm the healthiest and most sane i've been in my life

like, getting erections without looking at 8 yr old anime girls about to get rammed by a giant horse cock, healthy
>>
>>33832082
so it's a clone of a clone of a clone, within a clone

but all along we were inside 1911's dream
>>
>>33833193
not according to Polnear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcj8I8ik5WE
>>
>>33829992
You can watch MAC run 1000 rounds through it in 14 minutes. Not a year, 14 minutes. We know the HK45 will do 50,000 in several months but 1000 in a day is pretty Damn good
>>
>>33830188
All of those companies got to where they are by taking that risk, and not a single one of them would have been able to prove shit had other people not given them a chance. The company that makes the zero one has a reputation as a manufacturer. Not for guns, bust still a solid rep. I get it, you are rigidly opposed to taking the first step and that's fine, but your assumptions that is shit because you aren't familiar with it is about as close to product xenophobia as it gets.
>>
File: rex.png (381KB, 888x588px) Image search: [Google]
rex.png
381KB, 888x588px
http://www.arex.si/weapons/
>>
>>33820270
>Been looking at arex's for a while since on paper it seems like right up my alley
>See this thread
>"cool some people must own them and be talking about their experiences"
>thread is 90% arguing over random shit

goddammit.

I'm saving up for a nice DA/SA carry piece and I really want this to be good. I got burned a while back by buying one of those shitty M&p 9c's so I'm doing my research this time. I just need to see more people using one before I commit.

It's either this or a CZ honestly
>>
>>33843654
what's wrong with the m&p 9c? i was thinking of buying one to keep in the console of my car
>>
>>33844566
Plastic has no place on a gun you are trusting your life to.
>>
File: 1488176080882.jpg (73KB, 661x688px) Image search: [Google]
1488176080882.jpg
73KB, 661x688px
>>33844566
>"I'm going to buy a compact handgun"
>keeps it in his car

The car isn't a holster you dingus. Carry it.
>>
>>33844873
Which part of it is plastic?
>>
>>33844566
trigger is awful, mine suffered all kinds of failure to feeds and other jams, and they are hideously unreliable. I'm not talking mudtest unreliable, I'm talking "did it get wet" unreliable.

Do not get one. Get a Glock instead if you want a polymer frame, or do what I'm doing and go DA/SA. Honestly even a brick was better than that piece of shit M&p
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.