[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one apply for jobs shooting Somali pirates of ships?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

How does one apply for jobs shooting Somali pirates of ships? I am prior service.
>>
>>33817264
Go back and go into the rangers you grunt.
>>
>>33817264
You don't go looking for them, they look for you.
>>
>>33817367

It doesn't seem that hard. It looks almost like shooting fish in a barrel.
>>
>>33817264
Do you live near the ocean?
>>
>>33817264
I already told you last night that you don't qualify when you texted me about it.
>>
>>33817264
Lol if u have to ask then just give up

Private security contracting has an oversaturated labor market to tap into

LARPing neckbeards need not apply
>>
>>33817264
>Join USN or USCG
>Get on FAST
>Do that for a decade
>EAS and have one of your buddies from your mil days hook you up because contracting (life in general) is about networking
Or
>Get a shit job guarding some depot in Bosnia for $50k a year.
>Pick up better contracts wherever you can while taking any training opportunity that presents itself.
>Network
>Network some more
>Eventually be qualified and know high up enough people to be a team leader on whatever contract you want to do

tldr you're not qualified
>>
>>33817690

How is shooting somali pirates difficult? Any former military could probably learn 90% of the job in their first month.
>>
>>33817714
Because the labor market is over saturated and the companies that provide the service can be discriminating in their hiring practices to ensure they only employ experienced and qualified people. Or, alternatively, the only westerners on the team are the TL and ATL while the rest are foreigners from the 3rd world who can follow directions and handle a weapon but are paid pennies.

There's also a lot more to the job than just shooting at pirates.
>>
>>33817714

How is IT support difficult? You just google some shit, restart PCs, and put a support ticket in with whoever made your hardware so they can tell you how to fix it. Any former runescape player could probably learn 90% of the job in the first month.

And yet, you still can't do it.
>>
>>33817831
>And yet, you still can't do it.

Why do you think I'm trying to shoot Somali pirates instead?
>>
>>33817424

Kek.
>>
>>33817776
>There's also a lot more to the job than just shooting at pirates.

Shooting at pirates + basic security protocols = 90% of the job

So what else is there to it?
>>
File: k soldier.jpg (190KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
k soldier.jpg
190KB, 800x495px
>>33817886
Not getting shot and getting your PMC into alot of shitty paper work. PMCs want reliable people that wont die. If you think you qualify, go ahead and apply. The fact that your posting here and not on actual contractor fourms and military fourms and meeting people irl about this tells me you dont understand how hard it is to get into to the field.
>>
>>33817913
>The fact that your posting here and not on actual contractor fourms and military fourms and meeting people irl about this tells me you dont understand how hard it is to get into to the field.

That is dumb, I am starting to look here. I also haven't argued it's difficult to get into. I do think like many jobs the hardest part is getting into rather than doing the job.
>>
>>33817886
>Do you know those security protocols?
>Do you know the escalation of force continuum?
>Do you have years of experience using them?
>Are you EMT-B trained? (Usually not required but it doesn't hurt.)
>Do you have experience working independently in leadership positions?
>Do you know how to work in and around a ship?
>Do you know literally anything about maritime operations?

>hurr durr they can just train me in the first month
Why the fuck would they hire someone who they have to train on basic functions of the job when they can pick from 12 guys who are worth their salaries and have a decade of experience.

Either pay your dues and get the experience or fuck off.
>>
>>33817981
then what are you doing here instead of applying and signing up for PMC training courses? Get to it my dude!
>>
>>33817264

Try asking an actual maritime security company you fucking stupid ass army truck cleaning dipshit.

>Let me ask the milennial basement dweller noguns that can't even pass a PT test how to get a high paying security job that requires training, licensing, and a solid resume
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.