[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR-15 is a SHIT rifle! So disappointing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 33

File: bullshitrifle.jpg (50KB, 750x309px) Image search: [Google]
bullshitrifle.jpg
50KB, 750x309px
1 of 2
Can someone tell me why AR 15 rifles are so popular? Because I finally got to mess with one yesterday and it was the biggest honest to Christ piece of hot dogshit I've ever fired.

The box it came in was labeled 'Dpms panther arms' if that makes a difference. But the flaws were numerous, pathetic and absolutely absurd.

>charging handle in the absolute backend of rifle...can not chamber round while shouldering weapon...no proper handle and a lock mechanism on the left hand side of it...the fucking hell is wrong with this piece of garbage? Worst charging handle ever experienced.
>magazine loading had zero click or lock when inserting...just kinda mushy. Ya slapped it in and it was ready but with no Indication the mag was seated at all...mushy garbage. Are all ar 15 this awful?
>mag seated and pulled the charging handle back to chamber a round...and click no bang..WHAT THE FUCK? After trying fucking everything including reseating the mag, ejecting round ect...turn out there's a switch on the LEFT FUCKING SIDE that needed to be pressed to fire! What unholy bullsgit is this horseshit and why would anyone tolerate such madness?
>speaking of weird shitty controls, what kind of dumbass Fucker decided to put the controls on different sides of the fucking gun? AK and SKS do not have this retarded design why does this piece of rancid failure?
>Speaking of AK and sks despite shooting a larger caliber the AR 15 had the same fucking recoil...because it was an unnecessarily lightweight fucking plastic toy?
>Speaking of lightweight plastic the buttstock of an AK or sks will beat someone to death...the buttstock of the AR won't do shit but break like the cheap worthless shit it is.

to be continued...
>>
BREAKING NEWS: Random anon has different tastes. More at 11.
>>
File: 1489799251900.jpg (74KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1489799251900.jpg
74KB, 601x601px
The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.
>>
>>33816850
you are correct. in every way..
>>
2 of 2...

>speaking of which the guns design is so awful I could find absolutely no way to perform a butt stroke or butt slap with the stock...the weapon was very awkward for any melee...unlike the better rifles we had that day.
>came with NO cleaning rod, NO cleaning kit, NO bayonet or even a bayonet lug and not even a fucking carrying strap or pre installed place to mount one. NOT A COMPLETE GUN OFF THE SHELF. You NEED to buy far more shit just to make a halfway functioning weapon. Way to just fuck your already price gouged customers to cash.

So in conclusion why the fuck does anyone endorse these awful worthless pieces of dogshit? A WASR is a far better rifle in EVERY way...an SKS with a few 20 round taco mags is better in every fucking way...a fucking river 10/22 is frankly fucking better if only for being able to insert a mag charge and fire with and extra pointless button press.

The fuck is the deal with this gun? I've shot rifles all my life...and I've never dealt with bullshit like this.

Pic related...its the exact model we shot and dispised...is it just this model?

I'm in shock and feel deeply deceived...can the much touted AR-15 suck this much ass???
>>
>>33816869
u like a shit gun because you are a newgunx fagit
>>
>>33816872
>So in conclusion why the fuck does anyone endorse these awful worthless pieces of dogshit?

They don't know anything about real guns. They are like apple fanboys who think it must be good because e THEY bought it

They are utter faggits
>>
>>33816872
It is your nation's service rifle. Unfuck yourself and learn how to manipulate it correctly. I'm a migrant from the bolt-action hunting world and it puzzled me for awhile until I understood -- for example -- that when you put the mag in, the bolt release is right under your thumb.

TL;DR: Go watch some Clint Smith videos or something.
>>
>>33816850
>>33816872
4/10 cuz you spent so much time on it. 2/10 otherwise.
>>
File: 62217525_p1.png (189KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
62217525_p1.png
189KB, 800x800px
>>33816850
>Can someone tell me why obvious bait are so popular? Because I finally got to make one yesterday and it was the biggest honest to Christ piece of hot dogshit I've ever posted.
>The thread it came in was labeled 'AR-15 is a SHIT rifle! So disappointing' if that makes a difference. But the flaws were numerous, pathetic and absolutely absurd.
>>
>>33816896
Could be...on my Combloc weapons shit just functions in a straight forward and logical manner...But the AR-seemed to be an over engineered mess of confusion.

Having to hit an extra button just to fire it was when i lost my shit. Still cannot get over the frustration of that experience.
>>
>>33816869
what the fuck are you even going on about?
>>
>>33816943
not bait...genuine experiance yesterday.

petty sure you AR15 guys are either trolls or willfully ignoring the guns many MANY flaws.
>>
>charging handle in the absolute backend of rifle...can not chamber round while shouldering weapon
Quit being a weak little baby and move your head an inch to get the charging handle by your face.
>magazine loading had zero click or lock when inserting...just kinda mushy.
Either shit spring or adjust the mag release (really easy to do) a bit so it will click in more.
>>mag seated and pulled the charging handle back to chamber a round...and click no bang..WHAT THE FUCK? After trying fucking everything including reseating the mag, ejecting round ect...turn out there's a switch on the LEFT FUCKING SIDE that needed to be pressed to fire! What unholy bullsgit is this horseshit and why would anyone tolerate such madness?
What kind of communist state do you live in where you have to press a button to pull the trigger on an AR-15? Or am I missing something?
>speaking of weird shitty controls, what kind of dumbass Fucker decided to put the controls on different sides of the fucking gun?
All my controls are on the left side aside from the mag release, which is good. ARs can be ambi design too. Very modular.
>Speaking of AK and sks despite shooting a larger caliber the AR 15 had the same fucking recoil...because it was an unnecessarily lightweight fucking plastic toy?
Carry a rifle 10 miles then tell me lightweight is bad.
>Speaking of lightweight plastic the buttstock of an AK or sks will beat someone to death...the buttstock of the AR won't do shit but break like the cheap worthless shit it is.
Good thing I can carry extra rounds in that lighter rifle so I don't have to use it as a club as soon. Muzzle checking is faster anyway.
>came with NO cleaning rod, NO cleaning kit, NO bayonet or even a bayonet lug and not even a fucking carrying strap or pre installed place to mount one.
Then buy a cleaning kit and not some five ruble stock bullshit either. Bayonet lug is one thing I miss but it isn't really required.

AR is good, AK is good, SKS is good, you just need to git gud.
>>
>>33816987
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201
>>
>>33816932
Sorry but so many things were wrong with the weapon it took awhile to point it all out.

I still have yet to see a single genuine poster address these issues.
>>
>>33816850
it a good rifle, takes a while to get used to the cartridge is probably the biggest complaint look work with it it grows on you granted I rather have an Ar-10
>>
>>33817049
>What kind of communist state do you live in where you have to press a button to pull the trigger on an AR-15? Or am I missing something?
hes talking about the safety which he calls a switch
>>
>>33816869
Just get your tactical tampon, Kuntzman
>>
>>33816872
>rifle
There's your problem, brah. You were expecting a rifle, brah.
But you bought a weapon system.
Brah.
>>
>>33816850
>WHY DOES A RIFLE I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH HAVE FEATURES I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH
>>
>>33817049
He's talking about the bolt release.
>>
>>33817119
>>33817076
I was thinking it might have been some horrible new california law or something. Just another thing to add onto the list of things they fucked.
>>
>>33816850

>letting the weapon trigger you, and you not triggering the weapon

lol, pathetic.
>>
File: J1902.jpg (102KB, 794x463px) Image search: [Google]
J1902.jpg
102KB, 794x463px
>>33817049
This FUCKING BUTTON! Removed and re inserted mag several times...charged handle...rifle would not fire until THIS FUCKING THING was pressed.

Note ak ans sks do not have this issue...whatever the fuck it is...

this one issue is what ruined this gun for me i must admit, beyond all else this is what made the gun a miserable experiance.
>>
>>33817076
NO NOT THE SAFTEY. the other fucking switch. Same side as safety. Gun would not fire until button was depressed.
>>
>>33817190
its a bolt catch you fucking retard. every modern gun has one
fucking sage
>>
>>33817190
if you pull and release the charging handle with a loaded mag inserted the bolt goes forwards automatically
the only reason it stayed locked back is you were dicking around with empty mags since your buddy didnt trust you with bullets
>>
>>33817190
Oh the bolt release. You have to chamber a round after all. It fires from the closed bolt position OP. If you inserted a magazine and pulled the charging handle and still had to press the bolt release then there's something wrong. But if you had the bolt locked to the rear, inserted a mag, and pressed the release then it's working fine.
>>
>>33817178
Spare me. weapon either works or does not and needs to work now right this second. Weapons are for life and death situations after all.

insert mag...
charge handle...
make sure safety is off...
Aim and fire boolit.

IF THE GUN HAS EXTRA STEPS SOMETHING IS WRONG. Nobody has time for that bullshit.
>>
>>33817243
It was probably an empty mag. He's obviously an idiot.
>>
>>33816850
For the record proper loading procedure of an AR15 is to pull the charging handle back, let it lock in place, insert your magazine, then press the magazine release.

At this point if you want, remove magazine and top off. Also visually and physically check magazine, because of the alternating pattern of the rounds in mag, you should be able to see/feel that a round is definitively in your chamber.
>>
>>33817190
>puts loaded mag in
>uses charging handle
>says he needed to use bolt release to chamber round

Poor b8 m8. If you pull the charging handle back with a loaded mag in the bolt will go forward. Also if you think locking the bolt back then inserting mag will just make it fire, you have no idea how a closed bolt rifle works.
>>
ok well 20 mins of my life later and what have we learned?

>SKS and AK rifles are clearly better and do not possess the same flaws and issues that this god awful fuckup rifle has.

>Absolutely nobody is willing to discuss the issues or enlighten me on why things are as they are...indeed shallow insults, mockery and overall avoidance of actual discussion is the order of the day here.
> AR owners do not care about guns...just AR 15's And absolutely will NOT discuss thier guns in any negative light.
>if user of another gun type has issue with AR 15 AR people will absoluteluy refuse to discuss matters in any meaningful way.

Well thx alot...yesterday I learned about why I hated this gun...and today I discovered why I hated its owners. This thread has no more to offer me.

I'll stick to better and more user friendly SKS and AK-47. Enjoy not having a cleaning rod, kit or even a fucking carrying strap come standard with your fucking rifle....the one with shitty unergonomic controls...the one you have to fight with to even fire.

Jesus at this rate i bet your gun parts start wearing out or breaking down after a few thousand rounds or some shit...

The worst part is i even asked if perhaps it was just this particular brand and model that was awful...but nope apparently this is how all AR-15's are...I really tried to give this thing a fair shake but this gun is fucking trash.
>>
>>33817293
>For the record proper loading procedure of an AR15 is to pull the charging handle back, let it lock in place, insert your magazine, then press the magazine release.
what the fuck is this?
>>
>>33817293
please see...
>>33817244
>>
>>33817416
[violently ignores half the posts in this thread explaining the features of the rifle and how it works]
>>
File: 1490282835814.jpg (143KB, 821x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490282835814.jpg
143KB, 821x1024px
>>33816850
>.can not chamber round while shouldering weapon...no proper handle and a lock mechanism on the left hand side of it..

You're just a retard, fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>33817416
>using the cleaning rod on AK/SKS/Mosin

Have fun fucking up your rifling.

>no bayonet lug

Well there is no need for a bayonet, but you can buy barrels/gas blocks that have bayonet lugs

>tries one rifle
>HURR DURRR that all are bad!

How does it feel being an underage moron who can't objectively apply critical thinking on their own. Have fun trying to shoot something 500m out with relative accuracy using your shit WASR.
>>
>>33817445
nobody has explained anything...i Still dont even know what that fucking button is or what its for!

if im not getting something thats no big deal...but damn set me straight...what is that button what does it do and why do AR 15's need it when other rifles do not?
>>
>>33816967
What exactly are you talking about when you say a swutch on the left side that needs to be pressed to fire? The safety or what?
>>
File: Sans titre.png (571KB, 2292x966px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
571KB, 2292x966px
The Ar-15 is the world best service rifle, deal with it fag.
>>
>>33816850
I prefer my CZ 455 FS to my S&W AR15.
>>
>>33817511
bolt release. and you are lying. if you insert a full magazine and then run the charging handle, the bolt will close.
>>
File: HKMP5.jpg (599KB, 800x1081px) Image search: [Google]
HKMP5.jpg
599KB, 800x1081px
>What is a manual of arms?

Go look it up and when you figure out out come back.

Sage, because OP is a faggot
>>
>>33817477
I actually and very specifically gave the make and model of rifle and asked of it was just an issue with that particular model...

feel free to ignore that so you can bitch and continue to prove everything ive said about you people right.
>>
>>33817528
no it did not work that way.
>>33817512
apparently the bolt release...whatever the fuck that is or does it ruined the fucking rifle and made me want an AK again.
>>33817513
yup best arguement ever...you win the internet today good sir.
>>
File: ars_w_m9s.jpg (47KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
ars_w_m9s.jpg
47KB, 500x285px
>>33817570
>no bayonet
>>
>>33817570
>no it did not work that way.
I'm sure all five times you rehearsed your lie, the rifle failed to function as designed.
>>
>>33817536
How about you try using the S&W MP15, or a PSA, or Colt 6920. DPMS are meh tier rifles.

>claims AK and SKS are greatest thing ever
>doesn't want to acknowledge issues with those rifles
>HURR DURRR AR is still bad! (Starts slobbering like rabid slavaboo)
>>
File: RB_T469B-1.png (545KB, 1200x762px) Image search: [Google]
RB_T469B-1.png
545KB, 1200x762px
>>33817578
>no cleaning kit
>>
>>33817536
It's the bolt release you dick gargling retard. All AR-15 and damn large share of modern rifles have them and they exist specifically to release the bolt when you insert an empty magazine. So apparently you were tactically operating with a bunch of empty mags and you have such fundamental brain damage you just stood there screeching.
>>
>>33817511
Its another way to chamber a round. You can either:
Start from an empty rifle with the bolt closed - insert a mag and pull and release the charging handle to champer a round

OR

start from a empty rifle with the bolt open - insert the mag, press that "switch" as tou called it on the side of the rifle to close the bolt and simultaneously chamber a round.
>>
>>33816869
>people will fall for this bait
>>
>>33817598
>not one but 3 sling options
>>
>>33817578
a bayonet was not a standard included piece of the shelf. Attaching one via over priced aftermarket bullshit is the complaint itself.

As in a bayonet, cleaning kit or even a strap do not come with the rifle standard off the shelf.

not that you cannot get them...the problem is it should be standard to include these very very basic things. to do otherwise is just to jew customers out of more money.
>>
>>33817603
nigger, there were fifty-three replies in this thread when you posted. the bait has been swallowed.
>>
>>33817598
dumbass see...
>>33817623
missed the fuckin point by a mile.>>33817607
>>
File: Capture.jpg (93KB, 840x437px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
93KB, 840x437px
>>33817623
I didn't buy a bayonet or a cleaning kit, why didn't i get a bayonet or a cleaning kit?
>Slow akward reload
https://youtu.be/e8FaZ7IpeXI?t=18s
>>
>>33817607
and none of which come with the fucking gun.
>>
>>33817623
no one wants to buy a shitty government doing or cleaning kit, so making the rifle cheaper by not including them is welcomed by people who own thirty-three cleaning kits and eleven slings already.
plus you have been confirmed a liar,
>>33817580
so fuck off.
>>
>>33817659
*sling. not doing.
>>
>>33817645
Seriously? you think its fine to buy an incomplete product when other complete products can be purchased instead?

and this is ok to you?
>>
>>33817679
see
>>33817659
and fuck off, lying vatnik.
>>
>>33817679
>accessories
>incomplete products
>from a gazillion different manifucturers that sell different products
Extreme overtrolling
100/10 b8
>>
>Sunday night
>B8 threads out the fucking asshole
Every goddamned time. Like, the last vestige of the era when you could actually tell a difference between day /k/ and night /k/, and it happens to be the absolute shittiest part of it. Figures.
>>
File: 1492925678112.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492925678112.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>33817190
>doesn't understand how to use a particular gun
>it's SHIT!
>>
>>33817679
>Seriously? you think its fine to buy an incomplete product when other complete products can be purchased instead?
Well, that's typical /k/ for you - buy a $350 rifle and then slap $1000 worth of tacticool shit on it.
>>
>>33817659
the rifle isnt cheaper!!!! it doesnt have any of these things and it was still expensive as fuck.

NO MONEY WAS SAVED. it was still over 600 fucking dollars for the piece of shit...meanwhile a 350 sks has all that shit with enough money left over to mod it any way you want or buy another fucking rifle.

this has NOTHING TO DO WITH SAVING THE CUSTOMER MONEY. Its about making the customer spend more money needlessly.
>>
>>33817623
No the problem is that people like you don't do some research on the thing they're buying and realize there are a fuck ton of variants out there. You want bayonet? Get one with bayonet lug. It's your fault you didn't do your research, it's your fault you assume there are no variations in a rifle praised for customization.

Seriously OP, you sound like the kind of guy who sits in a car and gets confused when it doesn't start up on itself.
>>
>>33817687
See
>>33817704
>>
>>33817704
I'm sorry you're poor and can't into economics. yes, the rifle would've been even MORE expensive with a shitty NSN sling and cleaning kit.

AND YOU LIED ABOUT NOT GETTING THE RIFLE TO FIRE WITH A LOADED MAGAZINE, YOU FUCKING VATNIK!
>>
>>33817039
You might want to claim it's b8, because if you can't figure out AR controls you're genuinely dense as fuck.

That's disregarding the part where you didn't buy a model with a bayonet lug and bitched about there not being a bayonet lug, and the part where you think that rifles are supposed to be used as melee weapons.
>>
>>33817060
You're fucking retarded and none of your speal actually listed a design flaw other than your surplus chromosome
>>
I remember when /k/ used to shit on every rifle and it was funny, not fake crying.
>>
>>33817416
Fucking
Kill
Yourself
>>
OP here.

fuck it ive had it...nobody wants to address this rifles flaws...or even read the fucking thread...this has been the most frustrating and autistic excuse for a discussion ive ever had...on any chan

im out...fuck this gun and fuck this site.

I'll stick to my WASR and my type-56...they actually work and came with all their fucking parts included.

Taking the fucking AR back in the morning...biggest waste of fucking time ever...
>>
>>33817623
Unless the bayonet is a folding one attached to the rifle then AKs don't come with them either. In fact no AK I've ever bought came with a bayo, nor a cleaning kit. One didn't even come with a cleaning rod. None came with a sling.

You're underage and not allowed on this site. Leave.
>>
So since the Syria airfield bombing fiasco is somewhat over,
are the vatnik shills shifting over to western weapons?
>>
>>33816850
This is a version of the M16 and is a VERY GOOD GUN.

It was made by A Stoner for FIGHTING WARS and the bullet sin it spin so as to explode. It is space age and used by specialists in the US MARINES.

As you were not a proper person to work it and do not understand the ammunitions will not pass though the air correctly as you will LIMP SHOULDER it and the bullets will not explode as made.

IT IS THE BEST GUN EVER MADEA ND THE MOST ACCURATE AND DEADLY OP IS RETARDED
>>
It's kinda funny that vatniks literally cannot into weapons that weren't designed for drunken peasants
>>
>>33817731
bullshit. gun would not fire until the extra button was pressed. You are a fucking lying asswipe.

we tried several times to remove and reinsert mag...cycle rounds using charging handle...nothing would make the gun fire until the fucking extra pointless buttion was pressed.

After the button was pressed it could cycle through magazine.
>>
>>33817809
Yes and it's a waste of time. I hope they get paid for it like the .50 centers do.
>>
>>33817791
>AR 15 IS BAD BECAUSE IT DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY CLOSE ON INSERTION OF A LOADED MAG
>"Uh actually it does"
>WHY WON'T ANYONE ADDRESS THIS FLAW
>>
File: 1410467191782.jpg (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1410467191782.jpg
15KB, 600x600px
>>33817810
>>
>>33817828
The 'extra button'?
>>
>>33817809
>are the vatnik shills shifting over to western weapons?

The Russians are afraid of the TUMBLING BULLET which is why they surrendered when they were marx and made a complaint to the Geneva convention with their shotguns.

Now they have a PUTIN so they are insertering him everywhere even gays (who are having sex with men like homsosexuals).

No matter how much or how far they insert their putin it cannot stop the TUMBLING BULLET GUN though as the USMC have it now
>>
>>33817836
>16 KB JPG>>33817791>AR 15 IS BAD BECAUSE IT DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY CLOSE ON INSERTION OF A LOADED MAG>"Uh actually it does" >WHY WON'T ANYONE ADDRESS THIS FLAW

THE M16 IS A GUN FOR WAR AND HAS A SPECIAL BUTTON RETARD OP (see expert special force who has trained in WAR not being a child lik OP)
>>
File: kuntzman PTSD AR jew screenshot.png (83KB, 952x733px) Image search: [Google]
kuntzman PTSD AR jew screenshot.png
83KB, 952x733px
>>33816869
>>
>>33816850
I guess AR eternally btfo :^\
>>
>>33817882
The LOUDNESS is becase it is a war gun and not a tpy. It is the hyopr sound that has the bullet turn around and then it tumbles and explodes
>>
>>33817843

bolt realese.

and nobody has yet to explain what this button is or what its purpose is nor why the would not fire until it was pressed like a second redundant safety...

Once i pressed it the rifle worked fine and shot like a normal semi auto would be expected to...but what the fuck is it and what does it fucking do? clearly its not needed as ak's and sks does not have it...so whats the fucking point?
>>
>>33817882
I know this isn't /pol/ but this is a daily reminder that kikes do nothing but spread Cultural Marxism and start wars for their own benefit
>>
>>33817791
You can't return a gun just because you're stupid
>>
>>33816869

You're not even the OP lol
>>
>>33817882

I know this is kinda old now but

>Kuntzman
>is a total pussy

Has meme magic gone too far?
>>
>>33817906
hmm what could a thing called a bolt release do?
it couldnt release the bolt could it?
thats too simple of an explanation.
>>
>>33817927
Not far enough
>>
1) The AR is overrated. Note that I'm not saying it's shit. It's a very modular platform with endless variations, so that actually depends a lot on the specific build. But especially for the cheap builds people here put together, yeah, it's no great shakes, and there are many rifles that are just as good or better, often for less.
2) 99% of civilians who have ARs don't need them. Note that I am not here saying that the government should tell you that you can't have them if you want them. What I'm saying is that for home defense, well, Joe Biden actually wasn't wrong that a shotgun will work just fine, as will a decent handgun. An AR is a bad choice for hunting, especially for the price. If you want to do basic target shooting, a .22lr is easier on the wallet, and if you want to do serious long-distance target shooting, a .308 or 6.5mm Grendel bolt gun is a way better choice. The only way an AR becomes remotely close to practical is if there ever really is a new civil war/secession event in this country, which there probably will be someday, but when it will come and what it will look like nobody really knows. Largely it probably will depend on what the military decides to do. Anyhow, that seems to have been pushed off quite a bit by the election of Trump, so I'm not sure I would let that dominate my gun purchase decisions at this point.
3) Most people who own an AR just want to be tacticool.
4) In a real SHTF/riot/civil war situation, having a gun at all and being comfortable using it will be a lot more decisive in whether you survive or not than exactly which gun you have. Speaking of which, how many of you who spend hours debating the ballistics of one cartridge over another have bothered to spend a day learning how to butcher a rabbit or hog or deer?

I don't own an AR, and even if I wasn't in a ban state I probably wouldn't bother. But hey, if you like them, by all means, go get one.
>>
>>33817967
whats the fucking purpose?

dont need one on an AK47...but the ar has this bullshit that prevents firing.

EXPLAIN THE DAMNED THING.
>>
>>33817190

You know you can just pull the charging handle a little further back if there's a magazine in the gun right? I've never used the bolt catch aside from while cleaning the gun. Also, the safety is meant to be manipulated with your thumb, not the whole hand like on an AK
>>
File: Capture.jpg (167KB, 1605x955px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
167KB, 1605x955px
>>33817993
I cant tell if hes still trolling
>>
File: 1477277070263.jpg (49KB, 613x613px) Image search: [Google]
1477277070263.jpg
49KB, 613x613px
>>33816850
>The box it came in was labeled 'Dpms panther arms' if that makes a difference.
They aren't the best, and actually one of the Cerberus group companies now soooo...meh?

>charging handle in the absolute backend of rifle...can not chamber round while shouldering weapon
It's easy as fuck, you just don't know what you're doing. You can work the charging handle with just your left index finger (assuming righty), and you should be loading with the bolt locked anyways so you can just shove the mag in and slap the release.

>magazine loading had zero click or lock when inserting...just kinda mushy. Ya slapped it in and it was ready but with no Indication the mag was seated at all...mushy garbage. Are all ar 15 this awful?
Sound like the mag release needed a couple turns tighter.

>mag seated and pulled the charging handle back to chamber a round...and click no bang..WHAT THE FUCK? After trying fucking everything including reseating the mag, ejecting round ect...turn out there's a switch on the LEFT FUCKING SIDE that needed to be pressed to fire! What unholy bullsgit is this horseshit and why would anyone tolerate such madness?
In the perfect place for your thumb to work it by feel no less!

>speaking of weird shitty controls, what kind of dumbass Fucker decided to put the controls on different sides of the fucking gun? AK and SKS do not have this retarded design why does this piece of rancid failure?
Are you really calling those bricks ergonomically good? The safety on the AK is a ginormous lever.

And I've taken the bait.
>>
>>33817983
>1) The AR is overrated
>I don't own an AR, and even if I wasn't in a ban state
Now this is effective b8posting.
>>
>>33817244
>Drop mag
>Insert new
>Slap catch
>Safety off
>Fire
Dumbass. It's faster than working the bolt.
>>
File: Carbines4.jpg (368KB, 887x738px) Image search: [Google]
Carbines4.jpg
368KB, 887x738px
>>33816850
>the biggest honest to Christ piece of hot dogshit I've ever fired.
>>33816850
>'Dpms panther arms'

You're judging a gud rifle by a dogshit version of it.

I have long been an AK guy. With the prospect of Shillary as president, I said 'Fuck it" and started building an AR just in case.

I am beyond happy with my AR. 9/10 zero regrets. AR's feel anorexic compared to AK's, but mine is my most accurate rifle and easy to get used to.
>>
>>33818008
O_O...pull it further back? Why is it like this?

im seriously just desperate to see the point of this thing it confounds me.

Im pretty sure you guys are fucking with me but just not telling me what the purpose of this switch is...did it ever occur to any of you that if i knew why this was differenty from combloc rifles...maybe i might like the fucking thing and advocate its use?

The thumb thing makes sense i suppose though its awkward to me...not used to it perhaps.

but the bolt release is so...needless it seems...why is it there...is there a benefit im not getting? it gets in the way of shooting gun so what benefit can there possibly be?

1.put magazine in gun.
2.charge handle/chamber round. gun is now fully loaded
3.make sure safety is off.
4.point gun at thing you wish to make dead.
5.pull trigger as many times as is needed to make a thing dead.

thats what im used to in a weapon and anything that can get in the way of that is a strange and potentially dangerous flaw to me...

So maybe somebody can explain this thing because im not getting how anything that can keep me from making things dead is a good thing.
>>
>>33817906
Okay, listen you sentient vodka bottle, here's how this works:

>insert magazine with the side that has the rounds on top of the follower (bullets are usually brass colored)
>if needed, pull on magazine to ensure that it is properly seated, unless your trembling Bolshevik hands cannot handle the idea of a free market

>IF BOLT IS LOCKED TO THE REAR
Press the bolt release on the left side of the weapon.
When you press this, it sends the bolt (the thing that puts bullets in chamber) forward, which chambers the round.
If you're having trouble pressing this button,
please surrender your firearms to the nearest police station.

>IF BOLT IS FORWARD
Place stock against shoulder and pinch charging handle, pull backwards and release
If you have trouble with this, get gud faggot

>after bolt is forward, put firing hand on the grip
like you would on an ak
>use thumb of firing hand to take safety off and press trigger when ready to fire

If you have trouble with any of the simple steps above, please consult: (888) 288-4762
>>
>>33818122
>it gets in the way of shooting gun so what benefit can there possibly be?
>>33818122
>2.charge handle/chamber round. gun is now fully loaded

It's fucking faster to hit that bolt release than it is to charge a fucking AK one more time. Trust me.
>>
>>33817623
>As in a bayonet, cleaning kit or even a strap do not come with the rifle standard off the shelf.
You got a DPMS, which is one of 500 different OEMs making the rifle. Decent cleaning kits are a dime a dozen and it's assumed you know to buy/put together a nice one by your shooting habits instead of a shitty pack-in.
>>
>>33818121
Admittedly it was rather precise...once i got it fired. So there was that...
>>33818104
1.put magazine in gun.
2.charge handle/chamber round. gun is now fully loaded
3.make sure safety is off.
4.point gun at thing you wish to make dead.
5.pull trigger as many times as is needed to make a thing dead.

When out of bullets...
1. remove magazine.
2. insert new magazine.
3. pull charge handle.
4. fire

that is what i know...and im not getting whatever you are talking about.
>>
>>33816896
Neck yourself

https://youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU
>>
>>33817927
>kuntzman a pussy
>meme magic

It's not truly meme magic if it's true. Memes tend to perpetuate myths and make something "bigger" than it is.
>>
File: 1403403116931.jpg (146KB, 711x800px) Image search: [Google]
1403403116931.jpg
146KB, 711x800px
>>33817704
Other rifles that aren't Slavshit tend to cost far more than $600 you idiot.
>>
>>33818167
wow, /k/. I expected better of you. how the hell do you get trolled this easily?

equally mad at you for such low quality bait, OP. why didn't you pick some actual flaws of the rifle to rag on?
>>
>>33818129
ok so why cant you just insert magazine, charge handle and fire? why have a bolt release and extra steps?
>>33818146
ok so what your saying is you can insert a new magaxzine into the ar...WITHOUT charging the handle to chamber the round? is that what the switch is for?
>>
I picked a pretty basic AR for 700, with 900 rounds of 5.56 included
>>
>>33818167
fukkin gawd, you are even more autistic than... wait... is that you Tommy Thyroid? put your fukkin trip back on so we can block you.
>>
>>33818218
>ok so why cant you just insert magazine, charge handle and fire?

YOU CAN
O
U

C
A
N
>>
>>33818218
>is that what the switch is for?

That is EXACTLY what it is for. It's like hitting the slide release on a pistol.
>>
>>33818214
abandon thread, it's Tommy Thyroid.
>>
>>33818243
you are getting trolled by the third greatest troll evar. just stahp.
>>
>>33817993
Empty mag, gun locks open, drop mag, insert New mag, press bullet button.
>>
>>33818073
Not him but he is right. Semi auto rifles in general or trumped up more than necessary.

Yes I own several AR's and a SKS and Polytech M1A. But I honestly prefer bolt guns, as they are inherently more accurate, cheaper, have better reliability, and can generally be in larger calibers meant for long distance.

Yes I like semi autos and handguns, but I prefer to hit what I'm shooting at when I go out to 500m.
>>
>>33818226
that was actually completely genuine...O_O

but yeah thats how you operate every semi auto rifle ive ever used.

1. insert magazine.
2. charge handle
3. If safety is off aim and fire.
>>
>>33817906
When the mag is emptied it lifts the button into place and locks the bolt open. Like on pistols and basically every single non-shit rifle in the world. It's not a safety, it's so you don't need to fuck with the bolt handle to close on a fresh mag you troglodyte.
>>
>>33818167
oh i get you dont understand why the bolt is locking back. get this it will only lock back when an empty magazine is in the gun. when the bolt is locked back it can be sent forwards by hitting the bolt release or charging the gun. doesnt matter which.

now what your dumbass is doing is inserting an empty magazine then racking the bolt which makes it lock open. because the empty magazine you just inserted is making it lock open.
if you inserted a loaded magazine and racked it/hit the bolt release the bolt will close and the gun will be ready to fire.
i dont recommend doing this considering how stupid you are you will accidentally discharge it into your foot.
>>
>>33818167
>>33818218
Okay so I'll be nice/take the bait.

You see how on an AK, you must pull the charging handle every time you reload?
On AR15's, when the last round is fired, the bolt is locked to the rear.
This happens to let the user of the AR know that the weapon is empty.
In addition, this helps with reloading.
The next time you reload, instead of having to pull the charging handle, all you have to do is press the bolt release.
This is faster than having to charge the weapon again.

/k/ and myself included showing once again that this is the easiest board to troll
>>
File: 1490914774267.gif (61KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1490914774267.gif
61KB, 300x351px
>>33818244
>Tommy Thyroid

someone wanna clue me in?
>>
>>33817907
You're right, this isn't /pol/ and it has nothing to do with the thread.
>>
>>33818242
well why the fuck didnt anyone say that was what the fucking thing did?
>>33818243
is it around this time i tell you my pistol is a pa-63? Because that seems relevent to what you think i should be aware off.
>>
>>33816850
I actually didnt like the AR at first, i was in the military too. But it has grown on me. Its light and goes pew pew, cant ask for more.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>33818255
>Yes I like semi autos and handguns, but I prefer to hit what I'm shooting at when I go out to 500m.
> can generally be in larger calibers meant for long distance.
fucking wew lad.
>>
>>33818173
>Neck yourself

That is a special force trained operator with an M16 and tumbling bullets. The special materials in the M16 were made FOR TRAINED WAR so they KNOW THE BUTTONS.
>>
File: R8JTy5y.gif (235KB, 537x327px) Image search: [Google]
R8JTy5y.gif
235KB, 537x327px
>>33816850
>Dpms panther arms
>>
OP is genuinely a troll. He bought a near bottom of the barrel AR, complained about what that personal company did not include with his rifle, and then complained about a weapon system he had no experience with or understanding of.

Ill admit my bias right now. Im a big fan of the AR platform.

While I understand this is not much of an argument, why on earth would a good majority of military, LEO, and security choose the rifle if it were utter shit compared to the weapon designs you mentioned? Its objectively an effective design that is popular because of its adoption by the US military (and thus milspec design) and widespread use worldwide.
>>
>>33817993
Because AKs were built for illiterate potato farmers fucked up on homemade vodka.
>>
>>33818299
>well why the fuck didnt anyone say that was what the fucking thing did?

>Literally half the thread is people saying that the bolt release just releases the bolt
>"WHY NO ONE SAY LOL"
>>
File: getting-pulled-over.jpg (40KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
getting-pulled-over.jpg
40KB, 504x360px
>>33818255
Do you know how fudd you were doing back there?
>>
>>33818267
ok yeah so i fucked it up by trying out the controls BEFORE i loaded it up to fire!

OK well yeah i tried to familiarize myself a bit before i loaded and shot it...ok now im getting whats going on.

thats actually kinda neat...albeit unexpected for one used to slavshit.

i retract my issue then...but that seems a wierd habit for me to change
>>
>>33818255
>semi auto is overrated
every time I think I've seen everything this board has to offer some clown shows up and proves me wrong.
>>
>>33818280
umm can i just say thank you instead?
>>
>>33818260
All non-shit rifles have some sort of bolt catch to lock it open on a dry mag so you can just swap, drop, and shoot you mongoloid.
>>
>>33818322
>Im a big fan of the AR platform.

You are an EXPERT and understand that IT IS A WAR gun used by marines and it is loud AND powerful. Arms and Legs will spin away and HEADS EXPLODE with tumbling. It has been recorded. That is why it is only allowed by the Geneva convention for SNIPERS and EXPERTS in stopping terror and tumbling
>>
>>33818357
Have you literally never used a semi-auto pistol before?
>>
>>33816850

YOU ARE A FUDD and that is why you are not made of the right material
>>
>>33818368
>>semi auto is overrated
>every time I think I've seen everything this board has to offer some clown shows up and proves me wrong.
For what purpose? Yes, semiautos are better for combat or SHTF. But they're not inherently better for much else.

Or are you perhaps one of those fellows who can't kill a deer without dumping a 30 round magazine at it?
>>
>>33818357
Glad to see you actually be open minded and not double down now that you understand it a bit more.

As far as some of your other complaints go the beautiful part about this platform is that it has been marketed so much that you can buy just about anything to have it suit your needs better, whether that means the rifle is worse because milspec doesnt include those things is debatable.
>>
>>33818370
You're welcome Ivan.
>>
>>33818122
Every self-loading pistol I've ever seen (with a few exceptions) has a slide lock that keeps the slide rearward when the last round is fired. This is to make it obvious the gun is empty and facilitate a faster reload.

The bolt catch/release does the exact same thing.
>>
>>33818391
my semi auto pistol is yet more slav shit that does not have a slide release.

pa-63 is a hungarian pistol in 9x18 makarov.
>>
>>33818445
You've gotten your (you)s. Reel it in already. This is your last one.
>>
>charging handle
yes
>bolt release
I knew this was a troll but
>controls
werks.jpg
>recoil
>>recoil
>plastic
muh plastic
>can't use the rifle well
fag
>no cleaning and shit
hue
spacegun, bro.
>>
>>33816872
>Price gouged customers
>WASR is a far better rifle in every way

I own a DPMS and I got the gun, optic and a brick of ammo for sub $600. I already had general tools to clean it because I'm not a mong. Tell me where I can get a WASR able to shoot a 2" group for that price and I will buy that shit today.
>>
File: HNGUH.jpg (6KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
HNGUH.jpg
6KB, 250x203px
>>33818386

Id be lying if I didnt say I was confused by your remarks at me.
>>
>>33818462
mine does not...
>>
The button youre talking about it the bolt release. When the weapon is fired or the bolt goes backwards on an empty magazine, rather than slide back forwards it stays locked to the rear and that button holds it in place.
This allows you to insert a new loaded mag and just hit the button to let the bolt go forward and chamber a round, rather than having to chamber the rifle again.
It's a QOL thing, makes reloading faster and easier.
>>
>>33817909
He sure as fuck is going to try.
>>
File: 1490480662037.png (164KB, 388x386px) Image search: [Google]
1490480662037.png
164KB, 388x386px
>>33818546
Glad I was not the only one scratching their heads
>>
>>33818306
>over priced 5moa rifle

You have absolutely zero reading comprehension huh?
>>
>>33818122

I'm not fucking with you nigger, try it with a loaded magazine in the gun when you get the chance. You can either use the bolt catch or pull the charging handle further back, I prefer pulling the charging handle. I'm not sure why there's two ways of operation but there is so pick one and learn on it. I have a larger ambidextrous charging handle on my AR so it makes using the charging handle really convenient for me personally.

Ever shoot a glock? After the last round you know how the slide stays back? When you put a fresh magazine in you can either pull the slide a little further back to rack it or use the slide catch. It's the same principle. If all you own is slavshit and I remember correctly my tokarev does the same thing.
>>
>>33817882
Lol I've seen this so many times and I just wonder how he'd feel shooting my buddy's 7mm magnum Remington. The first time I went shooting with him I could feel the concussion of the rifle while standing behind him. Shit was a cannon compared to my AR
>>
>>33818334
You keep using that word...

>>33818368
Found the mall ninja that thinks spraying 30 round mags at 25m makes him a leet operator. Tell you what lets stand 500m apart, you with your 30rd Mforgery; me with a bolt gun. Let's see who gets a confirmed hit first.
>>
>>33819958
You stupid hillbilly fuck, do you think an AR is not capable of landing torso shots at 500? Are you an actual idiot?
>>
>>33819982
Considering how /k/ is 90% autist spergs that mag dump at 25m and think that they are leet operators ready for civil war, yea I will take my chances.

Plus newfag, I stated I own AR's and several other semi auto weapons, I would rather try to get a group less than car door sized at 500m.
>>
>>33819958
>i better shot cuz i use bult gun
Jesus
>>
Thank you based anon. Ar15s are such a fucking meme, I honestly wonder if k/ is actually that autistic that half of this board loves this trash, or if theyre all just trolls.
Honest to god they should fucking ban AR15s (just AR15s) that way people are forced to go out and buy something better. Its time for this call of duty meme to die.
>>
>>33820023
>I would rather try to get a group less than car door sized at 500m.

Then learn how to shoot your AR properly. Faggot.
>>
File: future-weapon-v8b2-feb-27-638.jpg (124KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
future-weapon-v8b2-feb-27-638.jpg
124KB, 638x479px
>>33820023
I genuinely can't tell if you're trolling or actually as stupid as your posts are making you out to be. Holy shit I hate Canadians.
>>
>>33820058
>"dramatically increase combat lethality"
>"lethality"
>.556

WEW LAD
>>
>>33820085
>managing to make the single laziest shitpost in a thread that is almost nothing but shitposting
how sad.
>>
File: CEASE.jpg (55KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
CEASE.jpg
55KB, 960x720px
>>33816850
Dammit OP look what has happened now because of you.

>>33820023
>>33820029
>>
>>33820023
>anon jerks off to bolt guns for being more accurate
>can only manage 7 MOA+ with one of the most inherently accurate military grunt rifles fielded today
Pottery
>>
>>33818280
Do you understand how many weapon systems have that though?? Its nothing special to the AR. Most weapons have bolt hold opens and they make AK mags that lock the bolt back when empty. But not just that, bolt releases are common as fuck too. My FAL has one and its in a much more convenient spot than on an AR.
>>
File: IMG_0062.jpg (88KB, 800x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.jpg
88KB, 800x812px
>this thread
>>
This thread has reached bait levels that shouldn't be possible.
>>
>>33820095
>USA Here. Hey NATO, we heard somewhere that wars are won by firing more boolets than large boolets. Can you guys make us a meme round? 7.62x51 is too lethal. We want something in .22 caliber that wounds about as bad as 30 carbine.
(Yes anon, these were literally the parameters of adopting the new meme round in the 50s)
*USA gets .223/556
>Ok troops, shoot those Vietnamese in the knees with these memeguns because remember, if you kill your enemy, they win!

FFS this is actually what happened. The 556 was actually designed to maim people. Lets not kill them, lets just hurt them so that in 2 weeks when they get out of the field hospital and make it back to the front lines, we get to shoot them again.
It hurts to live.
>>
>>33816850
If you are going to use any weapon please use something in 5.7mm at least. You're a fucking retard for trying to use any other calibre and might as well shoot yourself if you fell for the 5.56mm meme.
Not even joking, take a gun out in 5.7 and see how superior it is with the upped kinetic energy and velocity, and if you start shooting >350 yards it has a way flatter trajectory.
God damnit /k/ you might as well be nogunz
>>
>>33820214
Reminder that most of k/ is nogunz fags. Most of this bedwetters dont have any experience with the AR platform outside of battlefield 4 and thats why they think its hot stuff.
Havegunz k/ posters know that the AR is a fucking meme and a half.
>>
>>33817623
Only one gun out of fifteen I've ever bought came with a bayonet and that's my SKS.

Only one gun out of fifteen I've ever bought came with a sling, it was on the same SKS.

Only one gun out of fifteen I've ever bought came with a cleaning kit and rod, it was that same SKS.

I don't think these things are really standard features for most rifles these days.
>>
>>33816850
This board needs a b8 general
>>
>>33817570
You don't have to hit the bolt release to fire it. Whoever handed it to you intentionally locked the bolt to the rear in order to hand you a safely cleared weapon. The bolt only locks to the rear on an empty mag or by intentionally depressing the catch while racking the bolt.

The whole point of it is so that you can seat a fresh mag and charge the weapon with the same hand in essentially the same movement, while still keeping the weapon shouldered. You only need to fuck with the charging handle when you're dealing with a malfunction or loading a magazine when the weapon is in condition 4.

Unlike the AK, where you can never lock the bolt to the rear, and you have to either swap hands or autistically reach around the bitch to charge it every single time you load a magazine, meaning either your grip or sight picture is broken unless you're a lvl 10 giga slav operator.
>>
>>33820108
Comes back several hours later now that I've gotten shit figured out...

Ummm your welcome anon...still like other guns better but somewhat appreciate at a bit more.
>>
>>33820269
And that's fucked up in ways we should all be incredibly pissed off about.
>>
>>33820454
Read the thread.

Flaw was because I personally handled the weapon pre loading to familiarize myself with it.

Still kind of a fucked up feature. I mean I get it now and the purpose but anything that messes with getting weapon to go bang ASAP is a strange notion to me.
>>
>>33820564
Why?

>He wants his gun to come with shitty accessories that he's just going to throw out and replace
>>
>>33820454
Also on slav shit you do not ever switch hands...you use the right hand....for everything.
>>
File: 1448424982315.jpg (35KB, 494x358px) Image search: [Google]
1448424982315.jpg
35KB, 494x358px
>>33816850
Alright OP, spit it out, which joke of a country are you from?
>>
>>33816850
>panther arms
Stopped reading there
Get an actual AR next time
>>
>>33816869
I read this with a jewish accent
>>
>>33816850
>>33816872

3/10 there was effort
>>
>>33820625
There was absolute truth!
>>
Alright lets sit down and address all of this

>The box it came in was labeled 'Dpms panther arms' if that makes a difference. But the flaws were numerous, pathetic and absolutely absurd.

You're using an extremely low end AR, pretty much the worst AR money can buy.

>charging handle in the absolute backend of rifle...can not chamber round while shouldering weapon...no proper handle and a lock mechanism on the left hand side of it...the fucking hell is wrong with this piece of garbage? Worst charging handle ever experienced.
Like others have said, you can easily pull it with one hand, just not your left hand, it isn't hard, you're just a pussy, and idiot, or more likely, both.
You should be able to feel it click in, and it should make some noise, see again that you're using a shit model
As people already said, if you inserted a loaded mag and pulled the charging handle and it didn't shut the bolt you're either lying about this whole thing or you fucked up somewhere.
Did you also notice how you can operate all the controls with your grip hand? Almost like it was designed to be easy to use, weird huh?
>>
>>33820641
Either you're lying again or you have an extremely overgassed gun, an AR should never kick as much as an AK
Really, did you test it?
>speaking of which the guns design is so awful I could find absolutely no way to perform a butt stroke or butt slap with the stock...the weapon was very awkward for any melee...unlike the better rifles we had that day.
What? All modern rifles have the same general shape, theres no reason it should be any harder to whack someone with an AR
>came with NO cleaning rod, NO cleaning kit, NO bayonet or even a bayonet lug and not even a fucking carrying strap or pre installed place to mount one. NOT A COMPLETE GUN OFF THE SHELF. You NEED to buy far more shit just to make a halfway functioning weapon. Way to just fuck your already price gouged customers to cash.
Once again, you're using a shit model, AR's usually have a bayonet lug and sling mount points.
>>
>>33820255
>Reminder that most of k/ is nogunz fags. Most of this bedwetters dont have any experience with the AR platform outside of battlefield 4 and thats why they think its hot stuff.
>Havegunz k/ posters know that the AR is a fucking meme and a half.
Kind of ties in to a pattern I've noticed whenever people bring up the Mini-14, which is that people who actually own a Mini-14 will tell you that they love them, but people who don't own one will put up walls worth of textual butthurt telling you how it's shit compared to an AR.
>>
>>33818167
>2.charge handle/chamber round. gun is now fully loaded
>3.make sure safety is off.

you can't charge an ak when the safety is on, it blocks the charging handle preventing the bolt form going all the way back, plus how hard is it to watch a youtube video on the manual of arms for an ar. I own both and AK and an AR and can operate both easily, a lot of militaries use them, and these aren't exactly kraut space magic guns we're talking about now.
>>
File: wtf is this.png (544KB, 606x470px) Image search: [Google]
wtf is this.png
544KB, 606x470px
>>33816850
>mfw i have that rifle too
I've gone shooting with it a couple times and didn't have any sort of issues what so ever.
>>
>>33816850
I just watched a video of an AR-15 being used on full auto...jam fucking city. The rifle is an abortion and is only used because enough money has been dumped into it, acts as a band-aid.
>>
>>33820058
There are so many different factors as to why they're shooting better, if they actually wanted to compare an opotic vs irons grouoping difference they should have made in an m15 a2 vs an a4 both using m855 ammo so that the barrel length and ammo are the same. Not comparing the m16 a2 with irons to a rifle with a shorter barrel a different newer ammo type, and then claiming its optics that made the difference
>>
>>33820579
when used properly it will make make the weapon go bang again faster than the ak ever could. Instead of rocking in the mag and then having to reach over and rack the charging handle on an ak. When you use the ar you can slide the mag into place and tap the bolt release button in one fluid motion all with your offhand while keeping the muzzle on target.
>>
>>33818481
You got ripped off if you paid that much. I got mine for 400 during a panic buy from academy sports.
>>
>>33816850
>>33816872
why would you want cleaning kit for a self cleaning rifle
>>
>>33817511
Dude I don't even own an AR and have never even held one and I know what that fucking thing this, and yes, multiple people HAVE explained. It's called a bolt catch, or a bolt release button if you will. It has the same function as a slide release catch on a modern pistol. If the bolt (like the slide on a modern pistol) is in the locked back position, I.e., you can see into the chamber, then hitting that button will release the bolt (like a slide release button will release a slide on a modern pistol) closing the bolt and putting the rifle into what is known as battery. The reason your gun wasn't firing, Kek, is because the firing pin was a chamber's length away from the primer of the round in the chamber. The bolt needs to be in battery, snugly resting against the back of the round in battery, in order for the tiny little firing pin to strike the primer of the chambered round. I really hope you are trolling, because if you aren't I would recommend not shooting any more firearms until you learn basic firearm functions. You're going to get a dud round one day, not recognize it, and blow your fucking face off.
>>
>>33820190
>This stupid meme again
Lighter recoil = higher chance to actually hit something, and yes, being able to carry more ammo is far more important to the average soldier than one shot one kill.
>>
>>33820579
>>Flaw was because I personally handled the weapon pre loading to familiarize myself with it.
>
>Still kind of a fucked up feature.

Maybe you should learn how to use a gun before you go try to shoot it?

Try asking the person who handed it to you, instead of blaming the gun's "fucked up" feature, that's only fucked up aspect is you don't know how to use it.
>>
>>33817828
if the bolt is locked to the rear, you can't cycle rounds with the charging handle you dunce
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.