[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brazilian sword identification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: 0.png (530KB, 1122x269px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
530KB, 1122x269px
Hello /k/, /his/ told me to come here

So apparently this is my great-great grandfather's ceremonial officer sword, late 1800s. What type of sword is this? Is it based on some older types of European swords? Thanks
>>
File: 0.png (725KB, 1163x352px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
725KB, 1163x352px
it's got some engravings on the blade
>>
File: 0.png (510KB, 399x560px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
510KB, 399x560px
>>
>>33816812
Looks like this one
http://www.armasbrasil.com/SecXIX/Exercito_profissional/sabre_1852.htm
>>
>>33816812
I'm not a sword geek, so I can't comment. I do encourage you to keep the thread alive or create another until night /k/ comes on board. /k/ always delivers eventually.
>>
File: Brazi.jpg (48KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
Brazi.jpg
48KB, 500x426px
>>33816812
1859 Brazillian Infantry sword
>>
File: DSC01482.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01482.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
The inscription on the sword makes it clear that it is from the 2nd Empire. There is the imperial crown and just below PII. The swords of the Republic have the arms of the Republic. The cup of this sword is of brass, the iron blade and the silver sheath. Because it did not contain gold details in the sheath, it belonged to a junior officer (lieutenant or captain). It is a straight sword, therefore likely to have been from an infantry, artillery or engineering officer. It is not a combat sword but a ceremonial sword. The combat swords had the black blade and sheath. It is a beautiful piece, well preserved. With the end of the Empire many were destroyed, there are few of them nowadays.

http://g3.maikovisky.com/index.php/viagens/floripa-2006-07-17/DSC01482
>>
File: 183299.jpg (66KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
183299.jpg
66KB, 460x600px
PEDRO II (MILITARIA) - Rara espada imperial brasileira para coleção, guarda vazada e com inscrição "PII" encimada por coroa em reserva de ramos de café, punho, guarda e bainha originais, podendo encontrar em um lado da lamina PII encimado por coroa e guardados ramos de café e no verso brasão de armas encimado por coroa e inscrição viva o imperador guardados por ramos de café. med: 98 cm (mossas e degaste do tempo)
PEDRO II (MILITARY) - Rare Brazilian Imperial sword for collection, escaped guard and with inscription "PII" surmounted by crown in reserve of original coffee branches, handle, guard and sheath, being able to find in one side of the sheet PII surmounted by crown and Kept branches of coffee and on the back coat of arms surmounted by crown and living inscription the emperor guarded by coffee bouquets. Med: 98 cm (dents and degaste of the time)

https://www.levyleiloeiro.com.br/peca.asp?Id=183299
>>
Search for espada imperial brasileira

OP

You will need to post more hilt details and any markings on it look for the wkc logo a small stamp with a kings head in it something like this
>>
Looks kind of similar to the 1854 pattern British infantry sword.
>>
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/cotidiano/2015/05/1626222-policia-apreende-espada-do-periodo-imperial-roubada-em-sergipe.shtml

Police seize sword of the imperial period stolen in Sergipe

FELIPE DE OLIVEIRA
COLLABORATION FOR THE RIVER SHEET
05/05/2015 8:31 p.m.
More options
Advertising

Five swords of the imperial period and two swords of the Republic were seized this Thursday (7) by the Civil Police of Rio de Janeiro. One of them had been stolen from a museum in Sergipe.

The artifacts were recovered at the home of a collector in the municipality of Niterói, in the Rio metropolitan region.

According to the DRF agents, the investigation began after the Sergipe Civil Police reported that a 19th century sword stolen in December last year from the State Historical Museum could have been brought to City of fluminense.

According to the delegate Márcio Braga, after the investigations carried out by the agents of the DRF, the material was found in the house of a collector. The suspect with the seized material told police officers that he bought the swords online. He was indicted for wrongful receipt.

According to the agents, the stolen sword will be returned to the Museum of Sergipe. Other historical artifacts will be forwarded to the Iphan (National Historical and Artistic Institute).
>>
>>33816812
>tfw I'm /his/ who told him to com here
>>
File: 0.png (1MB, 1014x586px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
1MB, 1014x586px
Thanks, everyone. Muito obrigado.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.