[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting a CZ-P09 for my first concealed carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 267x189px
Thinking about getting a CZ-P09 for my first concealed carry firearm. Thoughts?
>>
Pretty big for a CCW. If you are confident you can carry it all the time go for it but it's more of a hassle than you think.
>>
>>33816625
Do you like hammers and hate turks

if not get a canik
>>
>>33816646
What are some /k/ aproved funs for CC? I was considering a M92fs but I think that might be too big/retarded to cc
>>
>>33816683
Way too big. I'd get a single stack 9 or a sub compact.

Glock 26
Shield (good choice now with rebate)
Glock 43 (overpriced)
Mp compact

Also can't go wrong with a good j frame or LCR. just avoid or take out Hillary holes.
>>
>>33816625
Look at a P-07 or 75 Compact instead. P09 is a pretty big gun to CC.
>>
>>33816683
listen man, cc-ing is a personal thing

read up on some cc-ing strategies and go to your local fun store to rent a bunch of different guns

popular ones are

glock 19, 23
P320
CZ 75, P-01, P-01 Omega
M&P Shield
>>
>>33816625
Pretty big for CCW like everyone is saying. You don't have to go sub-compact like >>33816704 if you don't want to. A 4" semi-auto is plenty easy to conceal. Glock 19, or similar size like a P30 or P-07 would be perfect for CCW in my opinion. I carry a P30 if that helps.
>>
>>33816704
>>33816683(me)

my mom has a Sheild, and its actually pretty good (especually with that rebate)

Any other special snowflake options? I was considering a Bersa Thunder but the fud working at the shop dident recomend anything below a 9mm for self defense.

(Im sorry I want to have a firearm thats fun and not a goddamn glock)
>>
>>33816740
I've looked at the thunder and I like it for what it is. Nutn has a good review on it.

Inb4
>nutn
>>
What you usually wear when you plan to CC also makes a huge difference in purchasing a gun for CC.

The guns you can CC without printing when wearing a t-shirt and shorts are different from the ones you can use without printing while wearing a thick coat and pants, which is also different from business casual, and so on.

>>33816740

Don't let brand bias get in the way. Get what has an acceptable magazine capacity, caliber you'd feel safe carrying with, doesn't print, and has good ergonomics for you, no matter the brand.
>>
>>33816780
so I can get a Hi-Point?
>>
>>33816801
>Get what has an acceptable magazine capacity, caliber you'd feel safe carrying with, doesn't print, and has good ergonomics for you, no matter the brand.

Does it fit that criteria for you?
>>
>>33816801

If you want to, go ahead. IDGAF as long as it works and it fits your needs.
>>
I carry mine everyday without a holster. It tucks perfectly in the waistband. Don't listen to the g19 cucks on this board.
>>
>>33816625
It's huge!

I honestly think the 3 best conceal carry sized guns are:
>Glock 19
>cz pcr
>walther pps
>sig 238
Depending on how big/small you need a gun to be and what you would like.
>>
>>33816917
Oh and you'll have to figure out which one isn't one of the three, "muhahaha!"
>>
File: EDC 4-28.jpg (97KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
EDC 4-28.jpg
97KB, 1136x852px
>>33816683
I mean it takes commitment but it's doable. Get a solid holster and a solid belt. If you can shell out for a 92A1. You can upgrade the sights and put on a light if you choose to.
>>
>>33816625
My old man carries a p-07, 18+1 and a backup mag. It's got tritium night sights and also came factory sighted at 50 yards iirc so we never really needed to sight it in. Personally I love it but I would look at the new P-10, it's pretty much the same gun but has a striker action instead so the trigger should be lighter
>>
File: spicyseanlaugh.gif (3MB, 415x352px) Image search: [Google]
spicyseanlaugh.gif
3MB, 415x352px
>>33819630
>has a striker action instead so the trigger should be lighter
>>
>>33816917
tfw pcr's are never in stock in my area and crazy overpriced online when I see them

why even live?
>>
>>33816683
Idk what your budget is like or where you live, but my suggestion is get two cc handguns.

A really small one and a smallish double stack (not saying to get a g19, but something around that size). One can be your summer/spring gun and the other your winter/fall gun or whatever you climate demands.

If you like a Bersa Thunder, get that and then get some doublestack later or vice-versa.
>>
>>33818818
<3 CAP
>>
>>33816625
It's a good choice as long as you want a big, polymer, hammer-fired pistol. I would personally suggest waiting until the P-10 fullsize comes out eventually.
>>
>>33816625
i CC a SP-01 and it's not the size but the weight that makes it a bad choice.

the p-09 is fairly light for it's size and has a really nice trigger.

that being said, the p-07 is probably a better choice.
>>
>>33816625
Too big. I love big guns but can only carry full sized stuff during the winter without printing.

I recommend

G19
Steyr compact
VP9 compact
Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact 9mm (smaller than the G19, bigger than the G26)
CZ P10C when it becomes available in a month or 2
CZ75 compact
M&P Shield
Honor Guard (if you can get past the cheesy billboard/name. Seriously what a fucking dumb name.)
Springfield XDS
Bersa Thunder .380
>>
>>33818818
>autism glasses
>>
>>33816683
The m&p shield is great for the price. It's a single stack and easy to conceal in shorts weather. There's a $75 rebate on them right now. You can upgrad the trigger if you don't like it. Its nothing fancy but it works great. I was recently shopping for a little cc gun and going to get a glock or a HKp2000, but after renting them, then shooting a shield with the trigger kit I was sold. I have a cz75 I use for the nightstand and have an iwb holster for it, but it's too damn big for summer.
>>
File: GoldMak.jpg (72KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
GoldMak.jpg
72KB, 960x540px
>>33816683
I own both a P09 in .40 and a 92A1 in 9mm. Don't plan on carrying either of them, they are way too big. Even open carrying would be a little much, for me anyways at 5'11 180lbs. I carry a PX4 compact concealed and lemme tell ya, it's a fat little bitch lol Just got a remora though, for pocket carry. Got a CC vest a while back "spiked and studded edgelord confirmed" and will carry with that. Might also carry the Mak.
>>
File: P30L 4-3-17 2.jpg (767KB, 996x747px) Image search: [Google]
P30L 4-3-17 2.jpg
767KB, 996x747px
>>33816704
>>33816683
>>33816646

Appedix carry makes carrying any fullsize gun extremely ezpz
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.