[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun show thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: gun_show4.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gun_show4.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
/k/ lied to me about gun shows.
>Enter gun show
>Expect to see what /k/ tells me about with idiotic fudds and mallninjas everywhere
>Get exact opposite
>The fudds are extremely nice and allow me to inspect the bore on several old milsurp rifles
>They're actually correct with most of their information
>Mallninjas are nowhere to be seen
>Table selling a SPAS-12 for $1100, an original Colt Sporter II(the A1/A2 parts mix gun) for $1000 and an HK91 with original box, manual, magazines and paperwork for $2000
>They allow me to fingerfuck all three without any hassle
>No ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT from stun guns or tasers
>Police trade in Ruger Mini-14 GBs for $500 and Police trade in 870s for $250
>Worst thing I saw was a ripped PBF gas mask for $50 and a set of Israeli 40mm gas mask filters for $30 each
Are the things /k/ says about gun shows a meme or did I just get lucky?
>>
>>33816598
Look, gun shows are like any flea market - very hit-and-miss. A lot of the tables will have nothing of interest. Sometimes you'll go to a show and not find a thing worth buying all day. Sometimes you'll go to five shows in a row and never find anything interesting. But if you're patient and know what you're looking for, you can sometimes get awesome deals or find stuff that's hard to find anywhere else. It all depends.

The problem with /k/ is that a lot of them don't have any patience. They went to one show, didn't find what they were looking for, and wrote off the whole experience. All the better for us who do know how to slowly stalk prey.
>>
>>33816598
At my local one, there's the bad:
> a ton of annoying raffles
>a vendor that keeps doing really fucking loud turkey call demonstrations
>You've got your nazi stuff guy, with an iron cross shirt that's not selling anything
>Smelly rude fuds
>No tazers because NY
>$500 regular mosins
>Airsoft guy
>Chink knives guy
>Flag guy, with Chink flags that cost him $3.00, but he wants $20.00 for

The good:
>Parts guy with nothing but trays and trays of parts. Upgrades, replacements...
>Magazine guy, with nothing but magazines (the bullet holding kind)
>Ammo guy, with lots of ammo at reasonable prices

Memes reflect reality friendo
>>
>>33816681
Hamburg gunshow?
>>
>>33816598
>idiotic fudds

k is scared of people who know about guns

remember k is no nothings selling Rhodesian camouflage, bad mosins and shit ARs to idiots.

the average middle aged fudd nra member knows more about firearms that the collective knowledge of ks shit pumpers could handle without having a meltdown
>>
>>33816681
*Cartridge holding kind of magazine*
Also:
>Guy with 3 tables of guns, half of which are not for sale.
>Security guards which don't know tickets were available online/ how to handle them.
>No CCW allowed
>That one group of black guys all over the one NY legal AK table

The gun show is back this Saturday, I will be going...
>>
>>33816700
The Henrietta Dome Gunshow actually. I don't think I've been to that one.
>>
>>33816657
This. After a while, you'll know what shows/producers are good shows and which are too small, or out of the way to attract the wide selection of dealers with good merchandise.

I only go to the Minnesota Weapons Collectors shows because they're large enough to have a good selection of tables. Bought my last 3 guns at an MWCA show.
>>
If you're looking for deals you definitely won't find them, so the trick is to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised.

I've gotten a few good deals at gun shows.
>>
>>33816714
>No CCW allowed
maybe I'm retarded, but isn't it a good idea not to let people carry loaded weapons into gun shows?
>inb4 hurr if anyone tries somethin they'll get rekt durr
>>
>>33816712
>no nothing
>>
>>33816714
>>That one group of black guys all over the one NY legal AK table

That's every gun show. There's always one group of them walking around taking some sweet FB pics so they can show everybody how tough they are.
>>
>>33816789
It's hypocritical for 1.
2, I feel like one of the time's you'd need it most is Jamal robbing you of your gun show finds on your way back to your car.

I meant CCW for the sole purpose of CCW, you obviously don't want people handling loaded guns to sell or otherwise uneccesarily.
>>
>>33816789
>isn't it a good idea to not let people carry loaded weapons into a room full of weapons and ammo?
As long as people aren't taking their loaded guns out to wave around and show off there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately the people that go to gun shows would do exactly that.
>>
>>33816789
You should see the threads online with people bitching about the Washington Arms Collectors shows not letting you carry concealed. Apparently some people think the occasional ND is just fine.
>>
>>33816826
>Apparently some people think the occasional ND is just fine.
That's a shit argument and you know it. No one is OK with an ND. If you don't trust people to carry concealed at a gunshow then you don't trust them to carry period. There's no magical force that keeps them from being idiots with guns in a grocery store parking lot but disappears when they walk through the doors into a gunshow.
>>
>>33816729
Yeah I'm in the western NY area, they can be very hit and miss here but I always seem to find something I like, it's just about waiting it out and seeing what everyone has to offer.
>>
>>33816865
Ding Ding Ding!!! Holy shit, a reasonable person on /k/
>>
>>33816865
>That's a shit argument and you know it.

It has happened twice in recent memory. The next time it happens the state fairgrounds is going to kick them out and they will probably lose their insurance.
>>
>>33816912
>Not an Argument
>>
>>33816865
>a gun show is exactly the same as being at the grocery store

most people don't take their carry gun out at the grocery store to check accessories with it, show it off, sell it to a dealer, etc.
>>
>>33816944
Using a carry gun for purposes other than carry = not a carry gun
>>
>>33816953
and yet that's exactly what people do with their carry gun. sorry if reality doesn't match your expectations.
>>
>>33816912
I had a whole post typed out but fuck it. I'm too tired. I just wish people wouldn't be fucking idiots. It's not hard, but they insist on ruining everything for everyone.
>>33816944
This isn't me, >>33816922, I made the grocery store analogy. Although people certainly do take their guns to parking lots to sell, check accessories, show it off. Also >>33816953 is right. If they're taking it to the show to sell then it should be checked by security like they do already. A CCW should stay in the holster and never come out unless necessary. Then again, like I said people feel the need to fuck up good things for other people. I'm just going to keep carrying and not telling anyone.
>>
>>33816865
The real problem is that there are a lot of people who get their idea of gun shows from Hollywood movies and who think that they really *do* involve toothless hicks selling grenade launchers out of the back of a pickup truck with no background check. The temptation for Tyrone and Jamal to go try to stage a holdup is all too real. One of my LGSes has had three robbery attempts in the past ten years - one was while it was closed, and the other two ended up with some dead homeez leaving the store feet-first. Saying "no CCW" lessens the chances of anything unpleasant happening somewhere that would be a tempting target for someone with a 75 IQ who thinks he's a badass.
>>
>>33817109
>Saying "no CCW" lessens the chances of anything unpleasant happening somewhere that would be a tempting target for someone with a 75 IQ who thinks he's a badass.
What? Did you mean to type something else because that's not true.
>>
>>33817160
>gun free zones don't prevent criminals from brings guns
>>
>>33816598
I had a pretty shitty experience at one today myself.
>90 percent of tables are selling generally uninteresting out of store crap
>nobody interested in buying my PTR-91 with a bunch of stuff because they can't be convinced its not a CETME
>tasers going off in the back
>4-5 tables selling airshit or shitty knives
>nobody selling decent optics
I got to check out a Johnson rifle which was pretty cool though.
>>
>>33817269
Well they don't. What's your point?
>>
i went to one yesterday

>inna hockey rink (canada lol)
>tons of old bearded guys
>some cool shit, got to hold a 1941 johnson
>most (35% at least) of the guns were lever action 30-30s, with lee enfield's following
>only 1 ar-15
>handful of pistols
>a ton of old ammo from 5-80 years ago basically
>got a hardwood sks and 100 rounds of chinese ammo for $300
>overall good experience
>>
>>33817160
>>33817269
I'm assuming that someone at the door is doing security and actually checking that people aren't carrying as they go in. That's how it was at the last show I went to.
>>
>>33816865
not when you're the property management firm thats runs the venue or the insurance company that insures the venue/event and are scared of getting sued.

the gun shows have to promise the property management firms that own/operate the venue things like "no CCW" to be allowed to rent the venue.

FURTHER you're ignoring the fact that the chances of NDs increases not because people don't know how to handle the firearms, but because so many firearms are being handled at one time.
>>
>>33817485
The ones I've been to they just ask. It's an honor system.

>>33817527
The only firearms being handled (or should be at least) are on the table and zip tied open. I get why they do it.
>>
File: 1489392972295.jpg (427KB, 1543x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1489392972295.jpg
427KB, 1543x1360px
>>33816598
nobody on this board owns guns, and has never left their house for anything but to get stoli and chicken tenders.

Get the fuck out
>>
>>33817546
until the one guy tries his carry piece in a holster to see how it looks/fits/feels

or to see if a magazine drops free from his carry piece

or other ridiculous reasons that guys should know better than to do it but do it anyhow.

its the reason the PAGC is no longer allowed at the monroeville expomart.
>>
>>33817590
nobody on this board is allowed to use good boy points to buy stoli.

they sneak PBR and natty ice from moms boyfriends stash in the basement fridge
>>
>>33816598
>Police trade in 870s for $250
What State you in homes? What condition? If not too bad I would have bought several of them at $250.
>>
>>33816888
I got ripped off at the Hamburg show, I bought a 10/22 that I couldn't get to every cycle regularly and I paid close to retail since I was young and dumb. I've since learned to be a bit more careful but I'm super hesitant about going back.
>>
>>33816681
>>33816700

I was at the Syracuse show and saw a lot of that shit. I have only ever been to one of the shows at the Dome, I believe it was in Rochester some years ago. Otherwise I am at the shows South East (Albany down to Middletown.)

The places are inundated with Chinese junk optics guy, Chinese junk knife guys, Shitty flag guys, and the disgusting sausage/beef jerky/sauce clowns. Plus the smelly dirtbags - makes me feel like I'm in Pennsylvania, for the love of God.
>>
>>33816681
I hate the fake ass raffles too,
Also, I have noticed an uptick in "veteran donations" solicitors. I give them nothing
>>
>>33817715
Henrietta this Saturday /k/ommando
>>
>>33816809
OK dumbfuck, I have been to most of the shows in the North East and NONE of them let you carry... LOADED. That is, they ask at the door if you have a weapon and have you unload it, usually pointing into a bucket of sand. Buy your shit, and insert your mag once you leave the door. Jackass.

They reason they don't let you carry loaded is of the high concentration of people in a place FULL of guns. They likelihood of someone pulling out their carry weapon to try out new mags, or a new holster etc increases the chances of a negligent discharge.

You have to be a FUCKING MORON not to see that it is a good policy to not let some random fucking jerkoff carry a loaded firearm, if you can help it.
>>
>>33817109
>they really *do* involve toothless hicks selling grenade launchers out of the back of a pickup truck with no background check.

They don't?
>>
>>33817657
Ohio. I was considering picking one up but didn't have the money on me at the time
>>33817590
>Frogposters
>>
>>33816865
Listen to this man you fucking retard. >>33816944
>>
>>33817830
The 2nd amendment is outdated. Some people behave bably with guns, so why wouldn't you want no one to have them? That way, no one could.
>>
>>33817686
Have you fixed the problem? What was it?
>>
I don't like it when some millenial tries to take a selfie in the show, and some fudd screams "NO CAMERAS" from across the building as loud as he can. We know nobody likes cameras, but god damn are they autistic about it.
>>
>>33816826
Members can carry concealed.

You can't even buy a gun at WAC shows unless you become a member though, so they're kinda dickish about the whole thing.
>>
>>33817757
Too far, over 2hours drive. I usually just hold out for the big Syracuse show. I just got lucky that one time in Rochester. I just don't think they attract a big enough dealer crowd(tables) to justify the drive. New York State Fairgrounds show is a different story. Besides, I think the Middletown show is this weekend.
>>
Bought a winchester 1200 at gunshow yesterday.

>basic 4 rd capacity, 18.5 inch barrel
>guns been shot plenty, receiver wear where handguard rubs
>has aftermarket rifle sights
>asking 350
>start pointing out flaws on the gun like the rust on the bolt
>explain that the gun had its bead taken off and aftermarket lyman sights installed

Jewed him down to $300 so an o.k deal I guess, minus tasers and beef jerky
>>
>>33817999
>Members can carry concealed.

Only members can bring firearms into the show, but even then they still have to be unloaded with the action tied open.

>There will be no loaded firearms, magazines, or speedloaders in the building, either on the tables or on one’s person, with the exception of law enforcement with valid agency credentials, and officers under contract with WAC.

WAC shows are shit for several reasons (including needing to be a member to buy a gun), but disallowing concealed carry guns isn't one of those reasons.
>>
>>33818029
I went to the Syracuse Gun show and got a $300 SKS w/o a haul. Such is life in NY
>>
File: IMG_7285.png (112KB, 777x786px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7285.png
112KB, 777x786px
>>33817451
If that was the Dugald show it was a curling rink not a hockey rink also where the fuck was that Johnson when I walked around?!?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.