[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tasers - Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: taser.jpg (71KB, 1000x638px) Image search: [Google]
taser.jpg
71KB, 1000x638px
What's your stance on taser usage for self-defense?

Are they reliable?

The professor in this video seems believe its use is egregious and that perps/walking problems should be talked down instead of tazed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J68QTlW8KH8
>>
>>33812635
I think the police should stick with bullets. Non lethal weapons are treating the symptoms rather than the cause.
>>
>>33812718
Sure, if you would like to radically over simplify the story by ignoring all of the times the cure was administered to the wrong person and ignoring the transition from peace officer to law enforcement.
>>
>>33812635
Most taser deaths were actually drug overdoses aggravated by tasers.
>>
Police should definitely be using tasers. They should not be using them in place if a gun when someone has a gun or knife, and they should not necessarily be using them as a simple compliance tool, but their is a huge middle ground between these. These are situations that, in a time before tasers, would have resulted in a fight, and likely a Maglite shampoo.

I have witnessed about a dozen police taser deployments and generally I would have to say in those incidents they worked about as well as anything could. These subjects were typically drunk to the point of being belligerent. Unarmed, but physically violent. Drunk enough to violently resist anyone trying to corral them. I was a bouncer, and my method of dealing with these types was to just kick the shit out of them. This is certainly doable, but from a practical standpoint the tasers is better for everyone involved. I suspect if I could have spoken with any of the drunks that shared a special night with me, they would have preferred the taser over the alternative.

And it works the other way too. If one of these drunken assholes did a good enough job fighting the police they would only be rewarded with a bullet. Which may or may not be deserved, but is definitely bad for business.
>>
I have a stun gun and it hurts pretty bad but it wouldn't disable someone.
>>
>>33815726
Exactly, unless you are getting a police quality taser they are almost useless
>>
>>33815726
Had this conversation with a female friend.
>I got a taser.
>Cool! I recommend getting a class and learning how to use it properly.
>A class? I mean, you just push it into them and hit the button, right?
>Oh! A stun gun? Ditch it. Those are useless.
>>
>Are they reliable?
fuck nooooo they aren't. One shot, maybe two on fancy models, and they can be stopped by any thick or puffy clothing.

see this vid. Multiple taser attempts stopped by a simple winter jacket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuAsuTOapM
>>
>>33812635
All I know is that a gun does the job better.

Self defense should be about preserving the victims life, not the attackers.
>>
>>33812635
how else are you gonna disable an intruder so you can get all pulp fictiony with zed and the gimp?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.