[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I say to them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

How can I convince my compatriots that it is necessary to improve our armed forces?

I mean, look at us, were a joke! A joke full of precious resources...

8th biggest country in the world
>2,780,400 square km

Only 75.000 active soldiers
>Less than Cuba

5.000 km of coastline, but almost no Navy.

>BUT MUH MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO SPEND MONEY ON!

Yeah, I get what they say, better industry, roads, energy plants, urbanization, etc...

But that is going to be blown to pieces if someone decides that our natural resources are going to be theirs in the future.
>>
File: Falkland_islands_250m.jpg (122KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Falkland_islands_250m.jpg
122KB, 1400x1000px
Wave this under their noses.

It worked last time.
>>
>>33811971
>necessary to improve our armed forces?
you want another military junta? cause that's what it sounds like to me. your shit country with it's shit economy and defaulted bond loans can't afford to increase it's military. besides, who the fuck, aside from the Bongs, is going to attack you?
>>
>>33811971
>How can I convince my compatriots that it is necessary to improve our armed forces?

My son, I have been wondering that too for years to finally come to the final conclusion.

Military expending is directly related to needs and capabilities.

It might sound stupid, but admitting that the military budget is not bigger because it doesn't have to its the main reason countries spend less than 2% of their GPD in defense.

Just consider the following.

>Tensions between developed countries are in all time low.
>If there are problems, the political, diplomatical and economical solutions are preferred for convenience(aka sanctions)
>Countries don't try to energically impose over each other anymore.
>And taking into account that a worthwhile military is expensive, there are no returns to be expected in the near future for your investments.
>In case that a war approaches, the US or NATO is there, and if you are on the other side of the stick you are fucked either way

Thats not say that military spending is stupid, but rather, admit the fact that militaries are not built around the idea of defending a country but helping such country win political points in the international arena by helping allies, pacifying conflicts for the UN and controlling things internally here and there inside your country.

For which you only need 1,5-1,8 of your GDP.

The world should be very thankful to capitalism and NATO, one for giving the needed riches for welfare states and the other for allowing countries to expend less on their own defense.

Can such situations change? Yes, I mean even with NATO if tensions arise you can expect a budget increase in defense, but only temporarily, and if the situation comes where we need to go back to cold war era spending then Im afraid those are not good news either way.

Ways to solve it? You can do like the US and create industry around military that ultimately makes the civilian sector slightly dependent on the status of their own army.
>>
>>33812067
>who the fuck, aside from the Bongs, is going to attack you?
Nah not even us, so long as they keep their grubby mits off our rocks we don't give a fuck about the Argies. Only use they have for a bigger military would be asking for another ass kicking by poking us again.
>>
>>33811971
if your country was white, that wouldn't happen.
>>
>>33811971
Your military should be sized appropriately to the ability of your country to pay for it. The hard part will be letting go of all the assets that just can't be afforded in exchange for more useful cost-effective equipment.

It may even be time to re-evaluate the basic military structure Argentina employs. Looking back to history, many nations had a small core of professional soldiers who could provide immediate defense, but who were mainly employed to rapidly train up a somewhat-organized militia.

Does that make sense in the modern day? There's a lot of talk about modern war being "come as you are". But what can you afford to keep ready at all times? I think anything more than basic coastal defense, air policing and a small but mobile army is going to tax Argentina's resources beyond their abilities. No matter how good a military is, if you can't afford it you'll lose it eventually.
>>
>>33812067
Junta was supported by CIA and the USA, it was not generated by magic.
>Oh look, we have guns! we must take power!
>>
Are you in war? Does the enemy army stand in your border ready to occupy? No? Then??
>>
>>33812225
>You have to wait to literally have a knife at your throat to even try to reract....

Yeah that worked out well for 1930s China
>Oh the japs can't do anything, we are ok.
>>
>>33812315
Do you see someone coming at you with a knife? Or you think every person on the street wants to slit your throat so you payk a machinegun? Is 2017 the same as 1930s? Fucking retard
>>
File: mil01.gif (5KB, 336x109px) Image search: [Google]
mil01.gif
5KB, 336x109px
>>33812339
Sure, why would someone want to have the massive resources of the 8th biggest country i the world.

I mean is not like they already want to split Patagonia with the "Mapuche Land" or "Mapu"

And that the MIL have it's home in England:

"Mapuche International Link
6 Lodge Street
Bristol
BS1 5LR
England
Tel/Fax: + 44-117-9279391
E-mail:[email protected]"

http://www.mapuche-nation.org/english/about.htm
>>
>>33812003
which side was jurrasic park 2 filmed on?
>>
>>33812429
Can you fucking answer any questions you retard? Whos army is on your border ready to attack?
>>
File: HRH-Antonio-IV-20160319.gif (91KB, 350x471px) Image search: [Google]
HRH-Antonio-IV-20160319.gif
91KB, 350x471px
>>33812445
You must have heavy autism don't you?

So you think wars start when a country get his big army and places it next to some border and then they give the enemy time to raise a big army too and just then the battles begin...

BTW, this is the "prince" they want to rule the "Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia"
>what a coincidence, he's not native at all!
>>
>>33812488
>So you think wars start when a country get his big army and places it next to some border and then they give the enemy time to raise a big army too and just then the battles begin...

Do you really think its that easy to just build an army without people noticing?

The moment you start building armies, neighbors start to ask questions and increasing their defense too, its not like you need to have a big army at all times or even an active one when lets say you are Switzerland.

And even Argentina doesn't have that much to fear.

Also, being on the defensive helps you save resources in the army, specially if you have rocky landscapes or extensive urban enviroments.
>>
>>33812551
Well yes, it must be a defensive army, we have a big ass country we have to let the enemy in, excep in Buenos Aires, let them taste the floods, intense heat and 0 ÂșC winters all in a year.

And our neighbours are ok, Brazil would never attack us, we have too many trade benefits with them. Chile just can't occupy our land, they are very few.
Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay just can't, look at their armies.

Again, look at the Mapuche thing, they have been working in that project for +40 years, they sometimes kill cops in Patagonia and burn public buildings.
>Oh look, this opressed minority in evil Argentina needs our freedom!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.