[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would an infantry sized ERA work on infantry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

would an infantry sized ERA work on infantry?
>>
>>33811064
Why don't you go test it for yourself, idiot.
>>
File: fuckin invincible.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin invincible.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
I don't see why not.
>>
>>33811078
i said small sized like small capsules of no more then 5gr of explosives
>>
>>33811088
Military here
Everybody shoots in the head, so best case is to put it around your head
>>
>>33811143
thats where i got the idea while watching syrian snipers videos.
the idea would be to put a shitload of small shaped charge capsules around the helmet but while leaveing a gap between the helmet and the era so the soldier doesnt have to experiance the full force of the explosive
>>
Most grunts are little more than teenagers. Can you imagine the number of friendly fire incidents if you strapped one of their squadmates up with explosives and told them it would detonate harmlessly everytime he was shot.
Also COST nigger.
>>
>>33811177
who said it would be redistributed to every soldier
it could be used only by special forces
also i want more info if this would be practical
like whats the maximum amount of explosives that after detonating wouldnt harm the soldier and if the amount would be sufficient to deflect a bullet
>>
self bump
>>
Isn't reactive armor meant to disrupt quite fragile rounds like HEAT and APFSDS? I'f it's just a piece of lead or steel i'm not quite sure if reactive armor is all that effective.
>>
>>33811213

Nope. Just nope.

If the shards of high speed metal didn't kill the person wearing it, the thermal over load would. Or the sudden drastic change in pressure.

Anon, seriously m8 your hot pockets are done, go grab em and get back to your anime marathon.
>>
File: laughingelf.png (97KB, 175x220px) Image search: [Google]
laughingelf.png
97KB, 175x220px
>>33811177
>Can you imagine the number of friendly fire incidents if you strapped one of their squadmates up with explosives and told them it would detonate harmlessly everytime he was shot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.