[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OICW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: oicw-001.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
oicw-001.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
What went wrong?
>>
File: ACR_menu_icon_MW2.png (40KB, 300x152px) Image search: [Google]
ACR_menu_icon_MW2.png
40KB, 300x152px
>>33811033
Truthfully if Bushmaster hadn't mucked it up, this would be the greatest rifle ever.
>>
The whole combi-gun concept is kind of flawed, but the insistence on it being semi auto is what really killed it. As the chinks and dogeaters have shown, the design is workable when bolt action and as time goes on the optic packages are only going to get smaller. In the end, we got the XM25 so it wasn't all bad, the Asians have a far wider distribution across squads but America gets a couple per platoon that can fire multiple rounds in quick succession. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
>>
File: 1018522.jpg (64KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
1018522.jpg
64KB, 600x749px
military asking for unreasonable things, just like last time
>we want 60 rounds of flechettes and a 3-round semi auto grenade launch
>under 10lb
>>
>>33811092
Are they deliberately sabotaging projects?
>>
>>33811179
High requirements lead to high aspirations which lead to high achievements.
>>
>>33811033
ITS FUCKING HEAVY
>>
>>33811188
on paper
>>
>>33811033
It was thought up.
>>
>>33811188
Impossible requirements lead to "Well this just plain will never work" which leads to billions of dollars wasted
>>
>>33811046
Why did Magpul sell it to them?
>>
>>33812280
My theory is that, at the time, they weren't licensed to manufacture for the purpose of sale. They were coming up with prototypes with the intent of selling the designs to licensed manufacturers.
>>
>all the cool shit that you saw on the Internet in the early 2000-s got cancelled in the end, instead you got slightly upgraded m16
>>
>>33811033

Wasn't in the final version of Half-Life 2.
>>
You'd get hella tired packing that beast around. It's grenade launcher was very useful with how you could program the rounds. The targeting system and threat assessment were extremely handy. The whole system required so much training. It could easily be replaced by proper use of an assault rifle with an under barrel grenade launcher and a nightsite.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.