[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obrez Thredz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Obrez.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Obrez.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
Out of curiosity /k/ what's the most legal obrez (shortened mosin) possible? I'm aware of the 14in rule for rifles just wonderin'. I live in the US so discussion of state laws would be nice.
>>
As long as the barrel length is over 16 inches and the overall length is over 26 inches you are fine, anything shorter than that is a sbr.
>>
>>33810843
If you remove stock doesnt it become a pistol?
>>
>>33811776
>1776 get

no, unfortunanly if it is a rifle, it must stay a rifle. if you want to shorten the barrel past 16in you must submit n nfa form....

weve had a million threads about this over the past, what, decade now?

if you want an SBR from an item currently labled a rifle, you must do paperwork.

or just be totally illegal and hope you never get caught.
>>
>>33811776

No

Pistols are any firearm with no stock and can only be fired one hand, i.e only one grip

If the ATF says it's a pistol, it's a pistol. If the ATF says it's a rifle, it's s rifle.

>>33810811
16 inch barrel and 26 overall length.
>>
NFA items are legal, so, you can take it as short as you want legally.

You can also do a demill/rebuild to turn it into a pistol ala Ajax's cockweasle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvvNuUIzCkk
>>
If you buy a Mosin with a receiver made at or before 1898 you can cut it down without paperwork because it's an antique.

But you would be a massive faggot.
>>
>>33811903
>>33811940
what if an enterprising machinist with a large supply of 4150 made a new receiver and blued it? or made a few thousand? would they sell?
>>
>>33811964
Probably not, because that'd cost a metric fuckton and no one wants to buy $500+ mosins.
>>
File: obrez1.jpg (135KB, 1173x568px) Image search: [Google]
obrez1.jpg
135KB, 1173x568px
>>33810811
You aren't making an Obrez, you're just being a faggot bubba and raping another piece of history.
>>33811940
No you can't. There is no antique exception when it comes to NFA.
>>
>>33811964
I'd buy one
>>
>>33810811
>>33811776
Either find a virgin receiver, manufacture one from stock, or make one by having two de-milled receivers re-welded into a a virgin firearm (you will need two so that the torch cuts do not overlap).
Cut down the better barrel of the two and reinstall it or have a new one turned.
The alternative being filing paperwork then upon receiving approval, chopping it.

>>33811964
Probably not with the price you'd have to set in order to recoup cost of manufacture. You could totally make one for yourself though.
The cheapest route to an obrez is still SBRing one.

>>33811996
>There is no antique exception when it comes to NFA.
IIRC there are exemptions for antiques in the original factory state. Obviously that wouldn't be applicable to an obrez though.
>>
>>33811996

Not him but if you have a c&r license the nfa doesn't apply to your firearms

You don't need to register your stocked C96 as an sbr is you have an c&r basically
>>
>>33812049
The stocked C96 is exempt whether you have a C&R or not.
>>
>>33811964
>make brand new nugget receivers
>nugget barrels and spare parts become unobtainium

rip
>>
>>33812049
C96s and certain Lugers are exempt from NFA law.
>>
>>33812053
The barrels aren't anything special. any barrel maker can make one. if only a few thousand receivers are made, spare parts won't be an issue. If moar are made, just start a second line making bolts and shit.
>>
>>33812174
People would want to use the parts that are already made and available online.
Unless you're talking about making custom bolt heads for different calibers.
>>
>>33811964
A new made receiver would probably cost $3k+. There is a reason why no one really makes reproduction guns.
>>33812035
>IIRC there are exemptions for antiques in the original factory state. Obviously that wouldn't be applicable to an obrez though.
The only exemptions are the ones ATF say there are. It's why a T-Gewehr is not NFA, but a Boys AT is.
>>
>>33812434
>A new made receiver would probably cost $3k+
I really doubt that.
>>
>>33813366
Why?
No one has the original tooling, so new ones have to be made and even manufacturing blueprints aren't everything.
And then who is going to buy it? So they can bubba a rifle and make an "obrez?" So all 10 retards?
>>
>>33813455
A receiver, even made without proper tooling, shouldn't cost more than 1k to fart out.
>>
>>33810811
Can someone remind me what what the grey area is to make something "just a firearm" instead of an SBR?
>>
>>33814611
has to exceed 26 overall have no stock and not fall under any other categories. it has to start out as a nothing. taking the stock off your ar does not make it a "firearm" its still a rifle.
>>
>>33814165
This. For bonus points make a k friend high up in a machine shop.
Maybe if you're buying it from a non-friend it would be more
.t machinist
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.