[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dolos system gen 2 - quick change barrel system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (263KB, 1500x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 1500x488px
The dolos gen 2 quick detach barrel system allows users quickly change out calibers without the need of a torque wrench and vice clamp. It also allows for users to make every compact rifles for transportation or carry. The gen 2 system now requires an affirmative click at a button and not just a twist and turn.
The dolos gen 2 system works with any standard barrel and gas system and uses a yhm thread mount.
>>
did you have something to say about it or are you just a company shill
>>
How durable can that possibly be?
>>
what benefits does this have over just swapping the whole upper?

Because if I am changing the barrel I am either

a) switching caliber

or

b) putting on a longer/shorter barrel.
So,either way I will want to also change out the optic/adjust the optic.... Which could just be done by having a ready-to-go upper for that particular barrel?
>>
>>33807981
Cost.
>>
>>33807981
Not op but.
you don't need to fuss with any pins?
Also couldn't you also mount the optic forward some, in a sort of "scout" configuration? that way when you swap out the barrel you'll also be swapping out the sights.
>>
>>33808009
it's $200
uppers are much less than that...
>>
>>33808028
Bcg is 100 min plus 60 for basic upper and then of course barrel and hand guard.
What if you have something like a Gibbs side charging upper that's 250$?
>>
>>33808080
it takes like 20 seconds to swap the bcg out
>>
>>33808110
So it's not a complete upper then? And what of the handguard? After 2 calibers it becomes more expensive using the cheapest upper and handguard.
>>
>>33808173
There's only one cartridge that uses the same bcg. If I just get the whole upper and quick release pins, I have a ton more options
>>
>>33807981

this. keep sights and everything in one package
>>
>>33807981
it seems nice for very compact packing ARs. Not as useful for caliber swaps IMO. Get one of those folding buffer tubes (that don't work until unfolded) and one of these and you'd have an AR that's smaller and faster than just splitting the upper and lower.
>>
>>33808173
>And what of the handguard?
it uses the YHM thread so it'll work with any YHM or compatible handguards. There are a couple smaller companies that make handguards with the same thread like Nordic
>>
>>33807942
Why not the upper reciver as well? Oops got to change the bcg anyways. Way cheaper and, you know, how it was designed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.