[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOTM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 107

File: DOTM MONTH 2.png (116KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
DOTM MONTH 2.png
116KB, 801x801px
Welcome to Month 2 anons! Come shoot the Sweet 16 with us!

>rules in pic

>You don't have to shoot with a duty/carry handgun, but you are encouraged to, this is the "limited" division and the heart and soul of our drills
>you are free to modify the rules to enable people with restrictive ranges or atypical handguns as long as you remain within the spirit.
>Shooting with an odd duck gun or unconventional gun is considered in the "open" division
>you may shoot these drills as many times as you want and are encouraged to post results with pictures and content

>these threads are designed to promote participation and meaningful training and practice
>we try to be a little more friendly here, but joking around and typical /k/ humor is welcome

A ez mode target for this is a stack of note cards stapled/taped to a piece of cardboard

"The goal of DOTM is to have fun and get people shooting. With that in mind, shoot this as much as you'd like and share your results. However, some of the drills we post have a certain spirit to them. We encourage you to keep to the intent of the drill, as that will provide you with the most information about your level of skill and thus provide an accurate baseline upon which to improve."
>>
/k/'s guide to improving pistol shooting

https://www.scribd.com/document/346633700/Git-Gud-k-s-Guide-to-Practicing-Defensive-Pistolcraft-Revision-1
>>
File: sweet 16 4-29-17.jpg (526KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sweet 16 4-29-17.jpg
526KB, 1067x1600px
after spamming 9 FASTs I went right in to Sweet 16, I FUCKING LOVE THIS DRILL

First attempt - I started at the 7 yard line (because of the familiarity with the 3x5 at 7 yards) my hits were all there, then I get to the 15 yard line and mentally imploded and miss 3 in a row, fuck me.

Second attempt - I started at the 10, I ran out of ammo on the 23 (My last shot was at the 22 and it was a hit). I'm not super proud of this run - but it went well I think, dropped 3 shots and none we repeat drops - I forget what distances they happened at but it was spread out.

This drill is great, it's low volume and teaches you a ton about acceptable sight picture at a gradient of ranges.

Then the rain/sleet ambushed me outta fuckin nowhere and it was time to pack it up unfortunately.

If the weather is agreeable tomorrow I'm going to start at the 15 yard line and feel it out.

Can't wait to see you wizards rock this.

I also like LAPDSWAT anons Idea of the timed draw and shoot aspect, I'll shoot that when I get comfortable with the slowfire and distances I'm capable of working in.

Pic related (I'm doing negative taping so the second attempt includes the hits from the first attempt)
>>
>>33804435

Hard Mode:

Shooter will begin with a holstered pistol and with their hands at their sides. Pistol is to be holstered in whatever you've got. However, if the holster is not concealed, subtract .5 sections from all PAR times; if the holster has a retention device, use the concealed PAR. On the signal, shooter will draw and fire one round at the 3x5 card and, if successful, move back as directed by the OP.

PAR TIMES:

- All shots within 7 yards: PAR of 2.0 seconds.
- All shots between 8 and 15 yards: PAR of 2.5 seconds.
- All shots between 16 and 25 yards: PAR of 3.0 seconds.
- All shots beyond 25 yards: PAR of 4.0 seconds

Timing procedures:

If you have a shot timer, simply use the shot timer. You should record your actual time for each string. If you do not have access to a shot timer, many apps are available for both Android and iOS: download one of your choosing, set your phone to max volume, and set a par time with a delayed start. For results, record Y/N within par (be honest).

---

Cleaned up hard mode a tad, so it's not /as/ intimidating.
>>
>>33804532
excellent anon, love it.

>tfw no hebbian plasticity to effectively operate WML
>>
File: groups1.jpg (311KB, 1285x725px) Image search: [Google]
groups1.jpg
311KB, 1285x725px
maybe I'll have time to try this on Tuesday. posting two of my groups from yesterday, how shit am I, friends?
>>
>>33804814
Welcome to the thread!

Right handed shooter? Looks like you are anticipating the recoil and applying counterforce out of sync with the ignition of the gases.

Recommendation is dry fire dry fire dry fire and do some ball & dummy drills. Another fairly easy to confirm this is by doing a 5 yard bill drill from ready position, working the trigger as fast as you can - you will most likely notice that the rounds are no longer pushed low left - this is because at speed you don't have the time to jerk out of sync and it all lines up.

https://pistol-training.com/drills/ball-dummy-drill

https://pistol-training.com/drills/bill-drill

Have fun anon! Also the Git Gud Guide is a pretty freaking rad resource.
>>
>>33804532
>tfw really wanna shoot this with my Contender
>tfw do have a holster, but it's an xbox hueg shoulder holster with a floppy thumb break strap
Been practicing for the last hour and I can't even reliably unholster in under 2 seconds. Fuck.
>>
>>33804814
Those are better than average for recreational shooters, but not great. Seconding what >>33804863
says, welcome to the thread and those links are excellent.

What stance are you using, and approximately what does your grip look like? Approximately how far apart, time wise, are you shooting (split times)? If you're shooting fast (<1 second between shots) those are great targets, if it's slow-fire they're...not as great.
>>
>>33804896
>>33804863
thanks I'll do that, I'll have to get more snapcaps though, since I've only got six.
>>
File: FBI Bullseye Qual Finalists.jpg (242KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FBI Bullseye Qual Finalists.jpg
242KB, 960x720px
>>33804947
6 is plenty, load two mags with 2/3 snap caps each - save 1 for the dry firing after a erroneous trigger pull!

Also - Month 1 DOTM is still technically open, stragglers welcome!
>>
>>33804947

Ball and dummy is great.

One suggestion I have if you're gonna do it live fire.

Let's say you're going to fire 20 rounds and you've got two mags. Try your best to load each mag randomly. Dump them in your range bag, shake it up, whatever. Load the gun with one you pull from the bag.

Also, for best results, the first round in the magazine should not be the dummy round, nor should the last round.
>>
I can't wait to try this shit. Good stuff, OP. Keep it up. Will post results tomorrow
>>
>>33804947

Also, for dry fire:

Go do the Wall Drill a bunch. As you're using a CZ, I would suggest a 50/50 mix of DA and SA pulls.

After that, download a NRA B8 Bull, reduce that to 1/3 size in Adobe, and print that out. Pace off... 10 feet. From there, work slowly and get perfect trigger presses.

Over time, you will get better.

As a shameless plug, all of this (and much more) is available in Git Gud. I'd suggest reviewing the section on grip as well.
>>
>>33805038
awesome m8

The continuation of these threads is almost wholly reliant on contributions, I thank you sir.
>>
Bit of a rough start it seems, here's a life support bump. (too soon m8)

Gotta swim against the current if you want content threads to survive.
>>
>>33807106
>desire to know more intensifies
What target is this shot on?

When they say passing score of 70%, is it 70% of all shots hit or they have to score a 350 out of 500 assuming scoring rings?
>>
File: pistol qualifier - Illinios.png (414KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
pistol qualifier - Illinios.png
414KB, 1440x2560px
>>33807433
I wish I knew - I was bugging cops to post their qualifiers in an unrelated thread weeks ago, this guy did a fly-by post, when I asked about the target and specifics he never got back to me.

Chances stand it's stupid simple, every cop qualifier I've ever had the deets to is insanely low bar, the (old school and no longer used) DOTM 1 FBI qualifier was the hardest law enforcement test I've come across.

This one is shot on a 10" tall by 5" wide box with like a 5"x3" "A" zone

>this is the standard of competency and accuracy for people paid to handle weapons

I hate myself
>>
File: pistol qualifier illinios 2.jpg (677KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
pistol qualifier illinios 2.jpg
677KB, 1440x1920px
>>33807433
>>33807526
The target for the IL qual
>>
>>33807538
Yeah I've shot that one a bunch. One of the ranges I go to is contracted with IL Dept. of corrections as a training range. They actually get more trigger time than the State Police.

I've not once been there when they were and they all qualified. There's ALWAYS been 2-3 failures out of the 10-15 people they drag along.
>>
>>33807639

That is hilarious in the saddest way possible.

But I guess it's like every profession - large segments of "professionals" just suck at their job, I've noticed it in every walk of life.

Thank god shooting people is a small part of what cops do - I'm sure the ones who scrape by on the pistol qual are really good at writing speeding tickets or administrative tasks.

t. guy who wants to be a firearms instructor for cops (never gonna happen)
>>
There's a Garland, TX PD (those dudes who shot the guys at the Draw Muhammed thing a few years ago) that's actually quite good...

Target: Realistic body and head zones (3x5 + 8" circle, USPSA, etc.)
Pass: 80% hits
Hard mode: Their SWAT guys have to do it under halved par times.
Procedure:

String 1: Start holstered at contact distance. At start signal, push target with both hands, take one step back and draw, fire 3B. Time limit: 3 seconds.

String 2: Start holstered at 3 yards. Fire 3B. Time limit: 4 seconds.

String 3: Start holstered at 5 yards. Fire 2B1H. Time limit: 4 seconds.

String 4: Repeat 3.

String 5: Start at strong hand only ready at 5 yards. Fire 2B. Time limit 2 seconds.

String 6: Repeat 5.

String 7: Start at support hand only ready at 5 yards. Fire 2B. Time limit: 2 seconds.

String 8: Repeat 7.

String 9: Start holstered at 7 yards with less than 10 rounds in gun. Fire 10B total, reloading as necessary. Time limit:15 seconds.

String 10: Start at ready at 7 yards. Fire 6B. Time limit: 6 seconds.

String 11: Start at ready at 10 yards. Fire 5B. Time limit: 6 seconds.

String 12: Start holstered at 15 yards. Fire 2B. Time limit: 4 seconds.

String 13: Repeat 12.

String 14: Start at ready at 25 yards. Fire 5B. Time limit:19 seconds.
>>
File: B_21_full.jpg (36KB, 400x529px) Image search: [Google]
B_21_full.jpg
36KB, 400x529px
>>33807526
>>33807538
Woo found it!

Standard B-21 target
>https://shop.actiontarget.com/content/b-21e-black-b-21-qualification-target-black.asp
Pic related.

Found it by searching by state-specific targets.

Would still like to know their scoring metric, but an educated guess is "any hit counts".
>>
>>33807734
>actiontarget

shit I buy from them all the time, they need some SEO (search engine optimization)

I tend to agree with you, it's probably any hits or "A" zone either way, yeesh, way to go new york, enjoy your 12 lbs NYC triggers and stay frosty or whatever kek
>>
>>33807715
That's legit - I'll make it a point to run it, awesome post anon
>>
>>33807770
>tfw just looked up Missouri's qual targets
>straight-outta-1980-Miami white dude as a target
>John Travolta from Grease as a target
>super cliche brown person in a beanie and button-down as a target
>meth head with FAS as a target
>IMPOSSIBRU asian guy as a target
>and finally the FBI "bowling pin" Q-target
YOU'RE NOT HELPING OUR IMAGE YOU FUCKS
>>
>>33807846
kek

Well the po-po are definitely a fan of profiling, right or wrong aside, erhm - energetic or high profile targets probably help the mouth breathers

If I had it my way the target would be a FAST target + a 4" diameter circle inside the 8" high thoracic - A zone, or "no penalty" hits would be the 3"x5" ocular cavity or the 4" diameter circle, the 8" high thoracic would be a mild penalty and everything else would be dogshit.
>>
File: 4-29-17DOTMWARMUP.jpg (229KB, 1121x523px) Image search: [Google]
4-29-17DOTMWARMUP.jpg
229KB, 1121x523px
>>33802586
>Going out again today. This is the only chance I have to try again before the deadline.
>This time I will do a warm-up first, with some slow-fire practice also. We'll see what happens.

So I'm going to preface my attempt today with pic related.

I choked a couple of times on .45. I pulled the trigger before I was actually ready,
>>
>>33807916
Oh I meant about being backwoods hicks that are behind the times (which is pretty true but we don't like to admit it). Those targets are literally 40 years out of date on their aggressor images. Well, except the meth head. That's still current and relevant.
>asian
>Missouri
wut. I've never seen one here. I swear there's an anti-Asian barrier on our borders, because right across the river not 10 miles away in IL is an entirely-asian town. They won't even shop here despite us being 2-3% lower on sales tax.
>>
>>33807917
We are at the edge of our seats 103anon, wow us!

>>33807964
bretty awesome in a contrarian way, that shit still is acceptable kek. I like "lifelike" target illustrations as long as the scoring reflects effective hits. Too many of those artsy targets have these hit zones that are whimsical and not a reflection of desired printing, if that make sense.

>tfw now craving stereotyped and exaggerated targets of blacks, asians and mexicans

Diversity is the spice of life guys
>>
File: DOTMApril29th92FSResults.jpg (204KB, 744x968px) Image search: [Google]
DOTMApril29th92FSResults.jpg
204KB, 744x968px
>>33808029
>wow us!

Well....
>>
File: DOTMApril29thFNXResults.jpg (198KB, 742x969px) Image search: [Google]
DOTMApril29thFNXResults.jpg
198KB, 742x969px
>>33808029
>wow us!
>>33808045
About that...

And after this one I was out of ammo. No chance to retry today.

Today I learned I don't like shooting handguns against the fucking wind.
>>
>>33808045
>>33808060

In your defense a full B8 (as the qualifier is originally designed) is fuckhuge and goes out as far as a 5 ring. Also as indicated the rings get bigger and bigger - did you have a decent substrate/backstop? were you able to observe where the erroneous activity and shooting was printing?

Thanks for your effort sir, sweet 16 might treat you better and I think will familiarize your a bit more with the failure points. I would suggest a 3 yard start - I bet you can make it pretty far from there. From there you will have a gauge on your pressure point and maybe can play for some prestige score.

Awesome to have you - only wish more folks were willing to take the plunge.
>>
File: LiterallyHitler.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LiterallyHitler.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>33807734
>>
>>33804435
So this seems like the place to ask. I just want a nice holster set up for shooting my 92fs. Would prefer a mag holder that is magnetic, any recommendations.
>>
>>33808160

What location do you want to carry the gun at? Do you care about concealment?
>>
>>33808160
> I just want a nice holster set up for shooting my 92fs.

Are you talking outside waste band (OWB) range gear built for speed?

Or are you looking for carry stuff?

You are dealing with a hammer gun, have you made peace with Appendix carry yet?
>>
>>33808188
>waste

fuck me kek
>>
>>33808172
>>33808188
Outside waistband, something for the range. When I CC I do a iwb with a pocket pistol.
>>
>>33808202

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Slide-Concealment-Holster-Beretta/dp/B00L676CAI

^Holster

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018GYZEQQ/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_4_w

^Mag pouch

Magnetic magazine pouches are shit.
>>
>>33808202
Non retention OWB for a 92FS? Fuck m8 you have a billion options.

I'm not even gonna shill, because this is such a common gun and gear choice there are like handfuls of companies that make a good product, I'd start with the git gud guide and if nothing from there looks appealing check the thread in the AM because you might have some additional responses.

Hey ggg I wanted to say that you should add crossbreed and comp-tac to your stuff - they are not hip or custom but definitely vetted.
>>
>>33808258

I think there's a special place in hell for hybrid holsters... There's exactly one I would carry, and it's about double the price of the common "good" ones and about four times the price of aaaylmaogear.

(In all seriousness, I think the overwhelming majority of those on the market are either unsafe for use or unsuitable for use [or both]. The Comp Tac is the best of the common ones though. I may supplement the holster stuff though).
>>
>>33808220
What's so bad about the mag holders? They seem like a nifty idea, but hard to trust.
>>
>>33808150
>did you have a decent substrate/backstop?

I use boards I get from crates at work normally, a seen >>33807917 (which I am going to start painting after I shoot them), but for the two FBI ring targets I nailed each to a chunk of tree that constitutes our backstop. Bitch to find erroneous holes in that.

>>33808289
>I think there's a special place in hell for hybrid holsters...
Fuck you, asshole, I just got my Crossbreed today. I wore it all goddamn day and haven't found a reason to hate it yet.
>>
>>33808298

>hard to trust

That's basically it. You generally won't get consistent drawing of the mag, they can get knocked off pretty easily, the ones that go in your pocket are quite slow...

A traditional mag pouch is better.
>>
>>33808301

>haven't found a reason to hate it yet.

Have you tried getting a full firing grip on the gun while it's in the holster, at speed? If and when you do, you're going to find that the sweat shield gets in the way. After that, you'll try to come up with a draw method that involves something other than dropping your hand straight onto the backstrap of the gun to prove me wrong.

Oh, and later after it gets worn in, the cheap cowhide they use will get flimsy and pose a reholstering hazard.

Sorry.
>>
>>33808289
>I think there's a special place in hell for hybrid holsters

Is your beef because the retention is applied by the belt vs the hostler its self? Either way I think you might be jumping the shark on this one, I don't carry strong side or hybrid, but with the right maker it's certainly viable and not prohibitive or dangerous, it's also (relatively) comfortable and (relatively) accessible - that said yeah I don't exactly shout it from the rooftops.
>>
>>33808220
>>33808258
Hmm one more bit. I want something that sits low as in the handle of my Beretta should be belowish the belt rather than riding in line with it. Anyone got any recommendations with that?
>>
>>33808356

Some of the high points are here: >>33808349. But, nothing wrong with the retention.

Almost all of the makers cut the leather shield waaaaay too generously. It impedes the drawstroke because it leaves most/all of the tang covered.

Compounding the problem, all but one maker uses unboned leather. It's typically cowhide. Unboned leather deforms and gets flimsy. Things I really don't like my holster to do include: put shit in the way of the mouth of the holster when I'm trying to reholster. I think that's a genuine safety hazard.

Comfort is subjective. I don't like a lot of bulk. They have lots of bulk. They also have a ton more leather than what's actually needed. Nevertheless, lots of people find them very comfortable so I can't knock that.

Most leave the muzzle of the gun exposed, usually by at least an inch. Problem: sit down wrong. You probably won't like it if your gun comes most of the way out of its holster in the car when the muzzle strikes your seatbelt, nevermind in public.

>>33808375

>I want something that sits low as in the handle of my Beretta should be belowish the belt rather than riding in line with it.

Why? Do you need to clear armor?

Safariland does make drop extenders for their holsters (they use a universal mounting hole pattern).
>>
>>33808375
Are you saying you don't want space between your belt line and your grip?

That seems like a disadvantage with small gains anon

If that's not your intent or desire I apologize
>>
File: HSGIBattleBelt3.jpg (446KB, 1396x741px) Image search: [Google]
HSGIBattleBelt3.jpg
446KB, 1396x741px
>>33808375
So you probably want an OWB drop-offset then. Comptac, G-Code and many others make those.

At the range or at my cabin I carry my beretta on my battlebelt in a G-Code holster fixed to an RTI wheel.

>>33808150
So I forgot to finish my thought earlier

>Thanks for your effort sir, sweet 16 might treat you better and I think will familiarize your a bit more with the failure points
I am coming away from this one better off, I think. If I didn't decide to do it, I wouldn't have realized I suck and need a hell of a lot of work. Fortunately I figured out that shooting at bowling pins from 20 yards with pistols is fun as hell. Plus you guys have set me on the path of learning via some really cool resources.

I'll participate in the new one for sure.
>>
>>33808422
Nah it just seemed comfortable. I'll take a look thanks.

>>33808427
Yeah it's hard to describe I can visualize it, but words fail me.

>>33808451
Thanks will ook.
>>
>>33808422

I see where you're coming from - and I actually agree with you more than it might seem.

I guess I'm less rigid or demanding for holster options - hey I'm not recommending Alien Gear garbage, but I do allow for "intermediate" carry choices like strong side hybrid from reputable and quality builders.

That said we don't need to delve any deeper and I think you are fine excluding hybrid options from the ggg - that said comp-tac has some legit systems that are not hybrid and comp-tac is like everywhere in IDPA (not that I care about dem games as a turbo introvert autist)

carry on, just rambling sir
>>
>>33808506

>add more content

k.
>>
>>33808569
kek yes serpas are the literal devil well done sir.

ggg is A grade
>>
File: 20170427_123155.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170427_123155.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I'm not going to have a chance to do this drill but here's me from my last range trip.

7 yards. I was getting frustrated, my lead goes high to the left and I was missing my tiny targets so I kept it at 7 yards. Right handed.
>>
File: 20170310_161021.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170310_161021.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33808060
>>33808045
At least you tried. It's better than owning guns just to take pictures and post on the internet.
I say that as a recovering piece of crap from ARG.
>>
>>33809064
>I'm not going to have a chance to do this drill
Sweet 16 DOTM for May, you got like 30 days bro!

That's solid shooting anon - work on refining your sight picture and focusing on the front sight, maybe do some strength training to make it easier to steady your sights, either way I think you are doing great. Just my thoughts, carry on sir.

I don't really shoot 7 yard groups anymore, but this is still my personal best I believe.
>>
File: P30SK_3_4_Gun_Closed_NR_A_large.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
P30SK_3_4_Gun_Closed_NR_A_large.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
Talk me out of this.
I'm actually considering one for my USP45.
>>
>>33811538
sorry no-can-do

A match weight for my P30L and a KSG custom AIWB holster to accommodate it are the next thing on my list kek
>>
>>33811538

Does not look as cool as the ones used in John Wick.
>>
Hurray for 35 mph wind gusts.

This is a treat
>>
File: 20170415_115621.jpg (3MB, 2723x2587px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_115621.jpg
3MB, 2723x2587px
Anyone ever use Heine straight 8s?
I want to swap out my USP sights, but no one else makes suppressor height night sights it seems.
>>
File: sweet 16 4-30-17.jpg (338KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
sweet 16 4-30-17.jpg
338KB, 1067x800px
>>33812628
Wish I could help I'm a complete noob when it comes to aftermarket sights.

scored a 24 today, started at the 15 yard line, last round was at the 25 yard line but it was a miss. Wind was beating the fuck out of me, going to try at the 15 at least once more and then try the 20, when the wind fucks off that is.
>>
wind a shit
>>
>>33810875
I know ammo can get expensive but come on. Why have them if you aren't going to make them do their thing?
>>
>>33812628
No backwards bullets in magazine.

Fag.
>>
>>33812628

Heines are legit. The only reason I don't use them is because I prefer a U-notch rear.

See if you can get them with the Qwik notch -- a bit wider rear, helps at speed.
>>
>>33812937
So that isn't appendix carry..
>>
File: 20170108_184226.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170108_184226.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33813583
>>33812761
Noted. Thanks.

>>33813171
See >>33813633
What're you doing here?>>33813194
:^[
>>
>>33813980
>superior Krupp steel aryan master race USP

Mein Neger
I'm more of a sig guy, but my favorite pistol I own has got to be my match 9mm with jetfunnel
>>
>>33812628
I used heinie straight eights on a nighthawk 1911

Fucking amazing sights. Two dot was super easy and quick to get on target, white outline front and non outlined tritium rear were perfect, without being gay like some fiber optic/ neon sights on the market

Would heartily recommend
>>
File: 20170428_114416.jpg (3MB, 2627x3040px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_114416.jpg
3MB, 2627x3040px
>>33813998
I keep debating getting the jet funnels, but I'd hate to not be able to use my standard mags.

Have you tried any of the drills here yet? You ought to be able to outshoot my half ass attempt
>>
>>33814024
If you already have a lot of USP mags I wouldn't switch, double stack pistols already have a natural funnel anyway.
I haven't unfortunately I've been focused on these last week of exams
>>
File: 20170107_213932.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_213932.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>33814066
Understandable. Pass your shit. I still want to try that 14/15 round mod the guy had for USP45 mags.
>>
File: 20170207_224438.jpg (3MB, 3542x1341px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_224438.jpg
3MB, 3542x1341px
>>33814017
Nice. I'll probably order them the next time I get gun stuff.
>>
>>33814116

>S&W 39-2

hnnnnnng

The 39s and the 39XX guns are easily my favorite things Smith put out.
>>
File: IMG_0830.jpg (621KB, 2038x1530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0830.jpg
621KB, 2038x1530px
>>33814135
Same. It's a fun shooter. I need more mags for it.
>>
File: sekret lair.jpg (570KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
sekret lair.jpg
570KB, 1067x800px
>>33813633
>So that isn't appendix carry..

Que?
>>
File: sweet 16 4-30-17 New PB 26.jpg (407KB, 1250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sweet 16 4-30-17 New PB 26.jpg
407KB, 1250x1000px
Went back and scouted a deep deep wash with *less* wind.

Started at the 15, made 11 hits so score of 26 - those 2 ultra fliers were my last two shots, I got psychologically compromised when I realized where I was, fuck my shitty nerves.
>>
>>33805093
What is git gud?
>>
>>33814928
>>33804453
>>
>>33814942
Thanks
>>
File: wind tunnel.jpg (598KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
wind tunnel.jpg
598KB, 1067x800px
>>33804532
I ran hard mode - started at 5 yards and washed out at the 16 yard line with one fucking round left, FUCK EVERYTHING

Those time windows are tight, I like it.

Too long to WebM - I tried to keep the autism to a minimum and worked to keep the down time minimal as well.

https://youtu.be/Oq0LldvSzyM
>>
>>33814976
my pleasure m8
>>
>>33815169

You appear to be doing better at keeping the same draw speed throughout various ranges, which is good. Sounded like you had plenty of time to spare on most runs.

The fastest way to get more time on things like this is to work on your drawstroke.
>>
>>33815405
It was weird to "rush" so many repeated draws (doing it so the footage didn't get overly long) but it definitely had the effect of making me go auto pilot on the draws. I had such terrible sight pictures at 15 & 16 as that is where I generally start to shoot with only dominant eye open - especially on a target like a 3x5 which is now small than the front sight post.

I'm going to run it starting at 3 yards to earn a score and also farm a bunch of both eyes open 15-25 yard shooting in the coming weeks. Then I'll tackle the 5 or even 7 yard start and see if I can't squeak by
>>
>>33815459

On your drawstroke:

Try this dry fire -- when your hands meet, work them to where it happens under your dominant eye/right eye (I assume you aren't cross-eye dominant from the videos). From there, punch the gun out to the target. What height your hands meet is up to you -- mine do it right below my pectoral muscle. You should see the front sight in your field of view as it moves on target, and you can steer it in the proper direction. One thing I do is elevate my muzzle a bit to help with this process.

It's a fast way to get an acceptable sight picture. If needed, it also gets me closer when I need to clean things up.
>>
>>33815513
I'm having a tough time visualizing what you are explaining - is the gist of it "do more of a press out and less of an index draw"?
>>
>>33815638

Yes, sort of.

The issue with an index draw is that you're building a bit of a reaction gap into the shot. You've got the quarter second or so that it takes you to realize the timer went off, right? Maybe another 1.2-1.4 seconds to actually produce the pistol and... oh, hey, the sights are on target now, I need to shoot. That recognition takes time for you to react to. You can help remove that by watching the sight as it moves onto the target and steering it.

I don't do a true press out as taught by Langdon, ToddG, etc. because I'm shooting a Glock. I do however prep the trigger once the gun's leveled and punching out.
>>
>>33815731
I appreciate it - sometimes I try to focus on drawing more in that fashion, but when focusing on other elements I kinda just sink back to the more hybrid index type thing I've got going on. So much to work on, always. I'm a big time trigger prepper as well - but you know, LEM..
>>
>>33815731
>>33815638

Another description of what I'm talking about:

"Draw stroke: 1) Establish master grip, 2) Draw to the retention shooting position (side of body, below the pec) with offhand cupping below the pec, 3) Extension to press shot. STG views a pressout and picking up the front sight in the periphery as critical."

Loathe as I am of this asshole, here's a photo montage of it: http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/09/jm-custom-aiwb-holster.html
>>
>>33815818
>http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/09/jm-custom-aiwb-holster.html

My add-ons don't agree with his page, had to disable nearly everything to get it to come up.

Damn I didn't know he was such a "personality", yikes.

But I appreciate it - I struggle with how much energy to commit to varying techniques and training, the only thing that gives me pause is M.W. - the OG food court lord does more of an index and you know with his brand of autism - it's all about what's the fastest.
>>
>>33815902

He does, but think about how he got there.

For starters, I'm genuinely convinced that he "sees" faster than a lot of people. I've read his article on vision. I cannot make that click with me.

Second, he got to be King of All Junk Carry by being King of All Dry Fire. The dude has quite literally broken several Glock 34 slides due to dry fire. That's hundreds of thousands of repetitions per slide. His regimen was pretty insane for a time.

Third, think of his environment. While the dude obviously has a level of technical skill exceeding SOF guys and LE SWAT guys, he's also in an environment where a tenth of a second makes a true difference. My thought is that, within reason, quibbling over a tenth of a second when things are for real isn't all that realistic.

The reason I personally go with a more press-out style draw is that I find it more forgiving when not dry firing every single day/not live firing every single week. I have some default movements that I've now got tens of thousands of repetitions on, and that's pretty easy to fall back on.

I don't believe one is objectively better than the other for speed, though I do believe it's easier to get a faster index draw than a faster press out/variation. However, ToddG was a hardcore advocate of the press out until his strength degraded; he has video'd sub-second draws, and most were in the 1.1-1.2s range -- as you're probably aware.

FWIW, I consider my on-demand 7yd to B8 drawstroke to be a 1.4s draw, and a 1.3-1.2s when I'm warmed up. I'm using a slightly modified press out.

And also yes, once again: fuck that guy.
>>
>>33816015
All good points, I'll be sure to experiment in dry fire for sure. I really did try to get a more press out style draw-stroke going a few months ago - but then the whole gun fiasco happened and I was focused on grip and sight picture and trigger and I reverted to the hybrid index due to lack of focus.

It's taken a shitload of reps to stop accidentally engaging the slide lock/release - as is expected your thumbs have the freedom to ride much higher on striker guns and I've had to beat those habits down like a red headed stepchild.
>>
where are the A/k/ guys?

Did we lose them when we switched to the new drill?

Maybe they are function adult human beings and don't post daily...
>>
File: 20170430_185337.jpg (3MB, 2122x2222px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_185337.jpg
3MB, 2122x2222px
Got a little shooting in at my parents' place today. Just shot some steel with my P30sk and M&P.
I've been debating selling my M&P and getting a full size P30, but every time I shoot it, I fall back in love with the M&P.
>>
File: 20170430_185311.jpg (2MB, 2012x1992px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_185311.jpg
2MB, 2012x1992px
>>33816325
Bunch of dang normies. Still working on getting all my shots where I want them with the LEM. It's definitely challenging to adjust to, but its not such a departure that I'm totally lost.

>>33815818
>>33815902
That's actually the review that convinced me to get the JM custom.
>>
>>33816419

>convinced me to get the JM custom.

You didn't go wrong.
>>
File: brassman.jpg (148KB, 481x636px) Image search: [Google]
brassman.jpg
148KB, 481x636px
>>33816419
The break being so much further to the rear than the striker guns I used to shoot definitely was/is the biggest accuracy obstacle for me with LEM. I put a lot more of my trigger finger through the guard now and shoot on the joint not the pad.

I have a hard time still "calling my shots" as well because of the creep, personal inconsistency and lack of skill.

That said it's not a fair comparison because at this point I'm shooting at a higher level than I was on strikers so it's a rose colored glasses effect.
>>
File: 20170430_193438.jpg (3MB, 3024x2262px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_193438.jpg
3MB, 3024x2262px
>>33816460
That's comforting.
>>33816502
I can feel the advantage of having such a smooth trigger pull. It's a lot more liquid than most strikers I've handled. I feel like there's a "stop-go-stop-go" feeling when shooting striker guns. This feels a lot less tactile for lack of a better word, and more fluid.

I'm still trying to understand the logic behind glow in the dark sights that only glow after being exposed to light.
>>
None of you have been nor will ever be in a gun fight. I was in a gunfight AND a knife fight at the same fucking time, in 1991.

I had the knife. He and his buddy had the gun. One dead. One in a wheelchair permanently. I am neither.

If & when it happens, it is only LUCK that will save you.
>>
File: 20170428_130904.jpg (2MB, 2384x2176px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_130904.jpg
2MB, 2384x2176px
>>33816870
Do what now.
>>
>>33816870
Anywaus howd you do on the drill
>>
>>33817138
>>33816870
You better have done Sweet 16 with a knife.
>>
File: 1283657432776.gif (1MB, 320x279px) Image search: [Google]
1283657432776.gif
1MB, 320x279px
>>33817180
kek
>>
File: 1492337724775.gif (355KB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1492337724775.gif
355KB, 260x195px
>TFW missed the entire thread becase wirk, rifle time, and date night
I need to fix my properties.

Are we officially closing April's DOTM? Is there a scoreboard yet?
>>
>>33817434

I don't think we ran a scoreboard, did we? I'm not the OP but personally I say just run it anyway.

If we do, I nominate a/k/ anon's Jennings .22 run for a +10,000 point bonus to the score because that was fucking great...

I really hope we do the SWAT Qual sometime and he cleans it with the Jennings.
>>
>>33817434
>technically today is the last day for FBI bull qual - I jumped the gun and switched the thread theme because timing was right and we didn't need a new thread with the old drill 1 day out.

>Is there a scoreboard yet?
Kinda didn't work out, I'd love to see a round up, but I stupidly didn't save everyone's stuff and some folks just kinda trickle in and out, so we have a lackluster tally.

That's not to say we can't do a month 1 tally over the next week or so - we just need the shooters to show back up and post is all (hard part)
>>
>>33817497
I can try to hunt the archives and find them all if you'd like
>>
>>33817557

I would love to see some kind of matrix image with all the contributors ranked first to last like our old "klass photo" stuff that Pap used to organize, you are welcome to but I have a feeling multiple samefags will show up and be ranked unintentionally, if that makes sense.

Hell I guess just go for it and we can sort the overlaps out in the coming threads - it's not like we are overflowing with participation, sir if you are willing I'd say do it and we can dial it in on the fly. (the official final)
>>
File: IMG_0279.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
Well here's my scoring run. Don't count the 266 because yeah.
>>
>>33817680
When are you gonna shoot your S16 hard mode? I wanna see how I stack up
>>
>>33817740

Tough call. Busy couple of weeks coming up, and only one of the two indoor ranges around here allows for drawing from the holster. I'll be back home for a graduation in a few weeks and I'll have access to a place where I can shoot whatever I want though.

If it helps, I've been dry firing the shit out of it. My "10 yard" shots are coming in at about 1.6 seconds, though I'll probably slow that down in live fire some.
>>
>>33817646
On phone, can't compile images, but I have all of them from previous threads, should I inage dump? It will probably nuke thread
>>
>>33817766
What range are you going to start at do you think?

S16 is interesting because you can sabotage yourself, even more so with your *hard mode* (as indicated in my attempt)
>>
>>33817794
Do you worst, I can't compile them tonight but if work is slow tomorrow.... mite be cool

>be /k/
>have 1,000's of active participants
>constant hardware threads about what's better than what
>all these experienced fags denigrating other gear and espousing the merits of their gear

>make a shooting general
>literally 30-40 viewers and participants
>literally 10-20 contributors

wew lad

never ever ever listen or care about what /k/ has to say about conventional small arms, I think that's the lesson
>>
File: FullSizeRender 3.jpg (2MB, 3665x2944px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
2MB, 3665x2944px
>>33817800

Eh, probably going to start with 5 and try to hit 20 on a timed run. 20+ yards is about where the wheels start falling off for timed 3x5 hits for me. I need to re-check POA/POI with my practice ammo as well. With my 124gr+P GDHPs the transition from drive-the-dot to tip of the front sight starts happening at about that range. Not sure how much that'll change with a 124gr pill going at about 1080.
>>
>>33817857
This is one of the more civil threads on the board. Ill shoot this once I get my new gun. Just turned 21 so it will be the first pistol I own.
>>
>>33817885
Looks like I'll be sticking with a 5 yard start then as well - gotta keep the friendly dick waving component in this or what's the point kek.

The 15y + on a 3" width was annoying because the sights bury the whole target, this might be the rhyme or reason for me to invested in aftermarket. - also just crap sight pictures and breaking a shot, now I know, can I physically account for it? we'll see....
>>
File: 1491693246684.jpg (488KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1491693246684.jpg
488KB, 1512x2016px
>>33817857
>It begins

Note: if you see your shit, claim it for scoring purposes.

Additional note: I'm not posting P30L guys shit, he posted a million fucking targets.
>>
File: 1490708490275.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1490708490275.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
>>33817971
>>
File: 1491096694559.jpg (2MB, 7328x3295px) Image search: [Google]
1491096694559.jpg
2MB, 7328x3295px
>>33817985
This is Euro guy I think, far right target was a pistol caliber carbine
>>
>>33817963

I'm debating whether I should try it vertical or horizontal.

With it vertical, my front sight will be roughly as wide as the tgt. With it horizontal, my elevation's gotta be fucking on point. Decisions, decisions...
>>
File: 1490904467603.jpg (379KB, 1314x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1490904467603.jpg
379KB, 1314x1070px
>>33818004
>>
File: 1491011738348.jpg (2MB, 2358x3370px) Image search: [Google]
1491011738348.jpg
2MB, 2358x3370px
>>33818017
>Roach gun
>Bringing in solid scores
The humanity!
>>
File: FBIbull 4-18-17.jpg (235KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FBIbull 4-18-17.jpg
235KB, 720x960px
>>33817971
>I'm not posting P30L guys shit, he posted a million fucking targets.

sry m8, you def don't need to post mine, I'm the OP OP of this shit, and it was TWELVE, well I guess thirteen because of this late game one that wasn't even PB worthy.
>>
File: 1491169494777.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1491169494777.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>33818036
>>
File: 1491152765348.jpg (465KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1491152765348.jpg
465KB, 1536x2048px
>>33818050
Mad props to everyone that comtributed BTW

>>33818047
Lol, just poking fun, I think I pisted more than you with all my different guns.
Really I just knew you were lurking and would bost your best for me
>>
>>33818036
Have you A/k/ guys been hiding or just busy?

I'm like a jealous girlfriend here- I want answers
>>
File: 1491174293817.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1491174293817.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
>>33818074
>>
>>33818074
You are a tricky lad, my PB is
285 seen: >>33804995

Not that it matters - gonna get smashed by all you heavy weights ;______;
>>
File: 1491210902194.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1491210902194.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
>>33818089
I'm 90% sure these two were by the same guy

>>33818083
Just busy, shit happens and we have lives to get along with.
>>
File: 1491176187129.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1491176187129.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
>>33818107

>>33818100
Don't fret, you still scored well above instructor, and I got kicked in the teeth by a couple of people
>>
File: 1491180602631.jpg (2MB, 4000x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1491180602631.jpg
2MB, 4000x1388px
>>33818128
>>
File: 1491784659914.jpg (1MB, 2017x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1491784659914.jpg
1MB, 2017x1403px
>>33818137
Someone should split up Giddy's targets and score them properly since tge window licket can't count (love you giddy)
>>
File: 1491777774735.jpg (704KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1491777774735.jpg
704KB, 2048x1152px
>>33818152
>>
File: 1491610504270.jpg (904KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1491610504270.jpg
904KB, 1920x1920px
>>33818170
>>
File: 1492291165788.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1492291165788.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33818181
>>
>>33818074
>Mad props to everyone that comtributed BTW

This needs to be shouted from the rooftops

Scores and dick waving are the little cherry on top

The allure and the body of this shit is participation, we not only want it, but need it if we are to have any meaningful interaction here.

This could catch on and grow - I remember when the idea of a "tripfag containment board" would have been unacceptable to /k/, /arg/ is now a staple. I think we are primed to be a stronger and more meaningful iteration of that nonsense. With real value and community driven progress and development.
>>
File: 1492367266447.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1492367266447.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33818197
This is starting to cramp my hand.
>>
>>33817885
So I understand these stupid little knives are the new meme among "hardcore" CCW's ie wannabe self defense nuggets

Fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1492895054942.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1492895054942.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>33818213

>>33818198
Absolutely, the lowest score ITT is still superman next to tge thousands of people that didn't even try.
>>
>>33818213
Fight through it, I'll hopefully get these all sized and organized tomorrow for a nice data matrix visual scoreboard

...you know, assuming euros don't murder the thread
>>
>>33818230

>new meme

Well, that's debatable considering that particular knife is one of the first 500 brought into the country...
>>
>>33818238
>Absolutely, the lowest score ITT is still superman next to tge thousands of people that didn't even try.

I fucking love this anon ;_;7
>>
File: 1491611330997.jpg (997KB, 2304x2236px) Image search: [Google]
1491611330997.jpg
997KB, 2304x2236px
>>33818238

>>33818230
Do you not carry a knife? I always have a little knife on me for cutting random things.
>>
>>33818276

He's pissy because the entire purpose of that particular knife is to stab things. And, to my credit, I've taken a class in how to do exactly that -- with that particular knife. Because I'm like, hardcore and shit.
>>
File: 1492278303036.jpg (3MB, 2723x2587px) Image search: [Google]
1492278303036.jpg
3MB, 2723x2587px
>>33818276
Including 'unofficial' USP45T guys target

>>33818274
It's true, thankfully not too many people came in to talk smack then fail to produce targets but that would have just elecated those that did shoot it even more (regardless of score)
>>
>>33818249
>that particular knife is one of the first 500 brought into the country...
Autism.

It's a meme. Many EDC faggots are carrying that clinch pick garbage, whether made by shivworks or someone else. But the "particular" people that carry that "particular knife" are exactly the same type of elitist memecock.

What is ironic is that you have Glock too. LOL
>>
File: 1493398435334.jpg (3MB, 2627x3040px) Image search: [Google]
1493398435334.jpg
3MB, 2627x3040px
>>33818323

>>33818302
Ah, copy. Not a fan of knives as weapons personally, but I'd find a new place to be if someone pulled one on me.
>>
>>33818352

Ha.

What should I carry and why?
>>
>>33804435
I need to get into this. I love pistol drills. Usually I use small paper plates, but these cards are cheap so I have no excuse to not practice every week.
>>
File: 1493398664235.jpg (3MB, 2933x2572px) Image search: [Google]
1493398664235.jpg
3MB, 2933x2572px
>>33818383

>>33818352
Quit spouting memes and give clear concise arguments against his choice or you just look like a fucking child.
>>
>>33818383

I'm not either, really. Push came to shove, I'd rather be the guy who beat somebody to death with a baseball bat than the guy who stabbed somebody when it comes time to explain it in court.

Nevertheless I think a small fixed blade has real benefits and I like how that particular one works. Which is why I bought it back in... August of 2013. Before TAD had it.
>>
>>33818352
Hey, while you are free to have an opinion, you certainly aren't making a case other than denigration and hardware wars.

Feel free to join literally every other thread on /k/ to continue your disparaging rant against gear you happen to not like.

DOTM is more about the software side, you know, learning, skill and development, everything you have said brings no value to the discussion.
>>
File: 1493399491776.jpg (3MB, 2775x2991px) Image search: [Google]
1493399491776.jpg
3MB, 2775x2991px
>>33818408

>>33818352
>What is ironic is that you have Glock too. LO
THAT'S. NOT. IRONIC.
FUCK.
>>
File: 1491784277516.jpg (2MB, 2689x1513px) Image search: [Google]
1491784277516.jpg
2MB, 2689x1513px
>>33818433
>>
>coming soon
>lol DOTM is so ez to troll watch this

The curse of a didactic based thread - you counter idiocy and you have now been "trolled"
>>
File: 20170430_190001.jpg (634KB, 1149x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_190001.jpg
634KB, 1149x1152px
>>33818449

>>33818409
I don't factor legal considerations when it comes to self defense, I meant a knife is a seriously last ditch weapon IMO and I'm not a fan of relying on them. But they're still scary as fuck.
>>
Based on pictures, list of brands I've outshot so far with a Glock and while wearing a Clinch Pick:
- HK in multiple flavors (all generally <2" guns @ 25yds), including VPerfection.
- Beretta 92s
- FNP and FNS
- Smith and Wesson (revolver and M&P)
- Other Blocks

/shitpost
>>
File: 20170428_154636-1568x1627.jpg (408KB, 1568x1627px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_154636-1568x1627.jpg
408KB, 1568x1627px
>>33818489

>>33818471
He is mearly pretending, he assures us
>>
>>33818489

It's rarely a "primary" for me. It's for weapons retention. About the only time I carry it alone is when I'm out drinking. It's absolutely not a thought process of "should I stab this dude in the throat twenty times or just shoot him?"

But again, I don't want to be the guy who stabbed somebody when it comes to court.
>>
File: 20170428_154545-1568x1812.jpg (469KB, 1568x1812px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_154545-1568x1812.jpg
469KB, 1568x1812px
>>33818503

>>33818492
Score and target?
>>
>>33818492
Which target is yours? Only glock guy I know of is LAPDguy and he doesn't farm and placed kinda low.
>>
>>33818536

These:
>>33818213
>>33818197

I'm LAPD guy/Git Gud guy.
>>
File: 20170426_101613.jpg (2MB, 2454x2110px) Image search: [Google]
20170426_101613.jpg
2MB, 2454x2110px
>>33818531

>>33818513
I get that, I'm just a big bushcraft guy and knives==tools to me
It's like carrying a wrench for SD, yes it would work great, no it does not compute.
>>
File: 20170419_161558-1633x1378.jpg (731KB, 1633x1378px) Image search: [Google]
20170419_161558-1633x1378.jpg
731KB, 1633x1378px
>>33818565
To be clear, not talking shit, just explaining why I don't carry a SD knife
>>
>>33818565

>It's like carrying a wrench for SD,

I actually look at the guys who carry folders as doing that.

The Clinch Pick (or the TDI, which is another comparable knife I own) are built to do exactly one thing. They do that well. They really suck at the "being a tool" part of knives (especially the TDI...).

I have a Swiss Army Knife for the stuff normal people use knives for.
>>
>>33818564
Man you have an abrasive posting style, not even sure what you were trying to convey initially.

Good job placing in the median bracket?
>>
File: 20170414_185929-1857x1578.jpg (639KB, 1857x1578px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_185929-1857x1578.jpg
639KB, 1857x1578px
>>33818602
Aaaaand that's it.

Did I miss any?
>>
File: 20170428_114507.jpg (4MB, 2933x2572px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_114507.jpg
4MB, 2933x2572px
>>33818323
C'est moi. I'm fine with it not being counted since it was unofficial. My official target scores looked like shit in comparison, though :[
>>
>>33818615

I suppose that depends on how you define "median."

It was directed at the >What is ironic is that you have Glock too. LOL
>>
>>33818631
The discrepancy is kinda weird, just an off day? Did the red target help?

>>33818610
I carry my folder as a tool, it would be a cold day in hell when it came out in a fight.
>>
>>33818624
You probably missed a few here and there but hey - it's not our job to walk folks to the finish line, I appreciate the effort and will work on a finalists matrix tomorrow (time allowed)
>>
>>33818706
Copy that, thanks for the organization man. This was a fun month, too bad so few people contributed.
>>
>>33818661
Oh - yeah that drive by shitposter, he's not us and we clearly don't hold our nose at your gear.
>>
File: 20170415_124820.jpg (3MB, 2123x2456px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_124820.jpg
3MB, 2123x2456px
>>33818670
I think the colored targets helped since the USPT has a black front and rear sights. So i was shooting at a black target with blacked out sights. Hence why i want to replace them with either some suppressor height night sights, or just a good fiber optic front and black rears.

I was also just having an off day in general. It was my day off, woke up late to an appointment, had to rush out to beat the rain, shot like shit, went home, cried. But no excuses. My officials shall be my Mark of shame if need be.

Another unofficial from me if we want to include it.
>>
>>33818757
I realize now, that target looks like it may have been scored wrong. I measured the shots from the center using the measurements given for the official B8 ring sizes. I may have miscounted somewhere, but that silhouette is like a 1-2/3 size target also. So the perspective feels fucky to me
>>
>>33818741
sad part is the FBI qual is one of the more appealing, so we will prob bleed 25% participation when more "modern" drills get posted.

Oh well, I say we fight through it, eventually the millennial shitposters will be the shooters of tomorrow, if we can we should encourage them properly.

>noting that no one else shot S16 this weekend
>anxiety intensifies
>>
>>33818757
>I think the colored targets helped since the USPT has a black front and rear sights.
I have a feeling that's why it was disputed in the first place. Sorry to hear about your day man, on the bright side, you own a USP45T.

Btw, straight eight style sights are the fucking shiznit, fast as a greased mexican running for the boarder.
>>
File: 20170430_135556-2016x1512.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_135556-2016x1512.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>33818819
>noting that no one else shot S16 this weekend
I was getting my Savage set up with the new stock and compensator today, I'll do it eventually.
>>
Scores from the posted photos as far as I can see:

300 (28X)
296* (USP45 on something that’s not a B8 – how did he calculate?)
292* (1911 - hard to score)

MIN=140
MAX=300
AVG=247
MED=266

The one on the B-16 is probably 285+, but I don’t know how to convert it as his scoring zones are smaller.
>>
>>33818827
It's not a question of honesty or advantages - it's simpler than that - not gonna put some random target picture up as first place with all these other legit targets in tow - it defeats the commitment everyone else went through. Might as well not spec any targets and just have anons measure with rules after the fact and post pictures of their unrepeatable garbage.
>>
>>33818876
>>33818882

USP anon here. I measured with a tape measure put to the distances measured on the B8, but I'm fine with not getting an official ranking.

The shoot n C was all i had on hand when I saw the thread, and I had already gotten everything loaded up for the range.
>>
>>33818950

That's cool -- like I said, didn't know how you calculated it. It was believable based on the group alone.
>>
File: test_mindre.jpg (1MB, 3402x2173px) Image search: [Google]
test_mindre.jpg
1MB, 3402x2173px
>>33818827
They also look dope on the tactical. I really need a rail adapter and a new holster.
>>
File: acf63ec.jpg (51KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
acf63ec.jpg
51KB, 700x525px
>>33818961
Thanks. I just don't feel 100% right getting a ranking since it wasn't on the official target unless everyone else is on board. That was a good range day for me, and that's all that matters.

Also, found this pic while looking for a picture of Heine sights on a USP. How does this happen?
>>
>>33819001

That's definitely a result of overpressure.

My guess would be a squib followed up with a live round, or possibly a double-charged round.
>>
>>33818950
Sorry m8 I didn't mean to be rude. I just can't see including non standardized stuff because it only encourages the use of lazy targets and obfuscates the scoring moving forward.
>>
File: 20170403_034158-763x526.jpg (142KB, 763x526px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_034158-763x526.jpg
142KB, 763x526px
>>33818876
Don't forget to divide by class. Open/limited

>>33819014
>My guess would be a squib
That doesn't damage the USP, they were designed to clear a squib with +p+ ammo and keep shooting

>>33818965
Fuck yeah, mag extensions
>>
>>33819068

>they were designed to

I'm aware of that testing (it was with a Mk. 23, not a USP). Ad copy and real life are two pretty distinct things.
>>
File: FBIbull a dozen.jpg (498KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FBIbull a dozen.jpg
498KB, 1333x1000px
>>33818876
You didn't include any of my scores in your theory craft ;______;
>>
>>33819101
That gun was crushed with a press, not blown up. Go hate on a gun that isn't perfect.
>>
>>33819155

Link?

Sure looks like barrel failure...
>>
>>33819114

Oops. Missed the 281 upthread.
>>
>>33819014
>>33819068
This. Part of USP testing was to force a squib, shoot it out, and keep shooting. Most of the guns maintained their MOA within reason.
>>
>>33819068
Not a soldier's gun.
>>
>>33819186
Fucking how?

>>33819208
>>33819211
People just can't handle the glory that is the greatest warriors CCW pistol in history.
>>
>>33819208

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/154739-usp-tactical-exploded.html
>>
>>33819014
Looks like the frames bent to me too. Don't see how an overpressure situation would bend the frame like that instead of making it turn all fragnasty.

>>33819068
>>33819208
Pretty sure that was with the mark 23, not a USP. not exactly something id recommend testing for yourself. Particularly with the 9mm models(dat slide lightening).
>>
>>33819257

I don't know, probably the fact that the slide's blown out just ahead of the chamber?
>>
File: 20170403_144635.jpg (725KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_144635.jpg
725KB, 2048x1152px
>>33818876
You missed my 299/21x which was my first target :P
>>
>>33819271
It was a USP

>>33819288
And yet that isn't damage that corrosponds with a Squib, and the barrel appears to be complete underneath
>>
File: 000.jpg (758KB, 1408x1056px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
758KB, 1408x1056px
>>33819331

I also said "or a double charge" in the initial post, in case you missed it.
>>
>>33819359
Isn't dsmage that corrosponds with a double charge either. The gun looks like it was crushed.
>>
File: uspexp2.png (1MB, 912x684px) Image search: [Google]
uspexp2.png
1MB, 912x684px
>>33819375

Excuse me for guessing wrong, then. It certainly looked like a lot of pressure found its way out of the side of the gun, which is why I guessed that.

Here's another USP45 that catastrophically failed as penance.
>>
File: 20160506_131206.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160506_131206.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33819416
I'm just saying, look at all of tge pictures of polymer guns that KB, including the USPs you posted,
>Slide==fine
>Frame==fucked
Now look at >>33819001

Also, here is a gun from my work that had a high pressure related KB
>>
>>33819545
This is bordering on dunning-kruger theory-crafting implications. Hardware wars between glock and HK - this is as silly as it gets.

Why do I think you are wrong? Whelp I'm around 115,000 9x19 over the last 10 years, at a certain point you give up on semantics and petty back and forth one liner's.

Most folks will never run a gun hard enough to feel out its failure points, you are included in that test pool - that's not an insult, it's just worthwhile to articulate that you understand your level of understanding and experience.
>>
>>33819628
Excuse me, but, what? Guns catastrophically fail, HK, Glock, Hi-Point, CZ, Kimber. I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing that >>33819001 isn't a squib or double charge (or at least doesn't look lime one) it looks intentionally destroyed
>>
>>33819545

See, I'd expect pressure escaping from somewhere forward of the chamber (ruptured/cracked bbl) to want to go either forward or out that new hole. Or up, as is the case with that blown-up chamber in the Glock.

>>33819628

FWIW, I think non-9mm Glocks are dumb (with the possible exception of the 42), they're an incredibly unresponsive manufacturer with a serious problem with not acknowledging (or fixing) well-documented issues, the only reason I shoot them well is because they feel like a 2x4 (so, about 80% of the reason they're "not ergonomic"), and the only other reasons I own them is because they instill exactly zero pride of ownership and because I can get any holster or sight I would ever want for them.
>>
>>33819697
Yeah, but yhere is a lit of empty space between the barrel and the slide, and the slide isn't sealed, why would it pipe bomb? All tge pressure would just vent down and into the frame... which is what happens.
>>
>>33819907

Slide dealing with forces it's not designed to deal with? I don't know, I'm not an engineer.
>>
>>33819697
Once the barrel ruptures there's damn little holding that pressure in. Slides don't have a particularly air-tight fit to pretty much any part of the gun, you're gonna vent out the front, back around the breech, and down into the frame and you're generally gonna do so at below-catastrophic or barely-catastrophic pressures because there's so much time and room for the gases to expand beforehand. Which is why on broken barrels the slide rarely grenades, and when it does it's usually an impact fracture from the barrel (pieces) hitting it when the barrel went.

>I've actually grenaded 2 pistols (I still have all 10 fingers).
First was a range rental revolver that had some material flaw in the frame because it wasn't a squib/doublecharge/timing issue (bullet went where it was pointed and then the gun kind of disintegrated after the fact, first shot fired), cracked in half right through the center of the frame, barrel assembly fell off completely.
Second was defective factory ammo, in my first bullseye 1911. Remington Premier Match, as provided by the Remington rep at a Remington sponsored formal competition, that was supposed to be filmed for Remington promo work. Doublecharge that led to a case web rupture. Blew the mag out and shattered the grips, mangled the ejector and mag catch, rest of gun was salvageable as a beater piece. Remington actually cut me a check on the spot (well, later that day after the paramedics got done making sure I still had all 10 fingers) for the pistol.
>>
>>33820283
>Remington
Why am I not surprised
>>
>>33819655
I should have quoted the other anon not you, sorry.
>>
>>33820971
This was before the arbitrary date they were supposed to go to shit (Cerberus buyout) by a good few years though.

Remington has ALWAYS had rather severe QC issues they have generally refused to admit to/fix. I was honestly kinda surprised they admitted they'd fucked up with that ammo, but there was NO denying it and paying for a new pistol no questions asked was definitely gonna be a good few tens of thousands cheaper than fighting a civil suit over it.

Also forgot my name for that one.
>>
File: FBIbull 285 4-8-17_zpsxwva6nii.jpg (314KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FBIbull 285 4-8-17_zpsxwva6nii.jpg
314KB, 960x720px
>>33819206
ahem, 285 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OK going to start the scoring matrix now, stay tuned
>>
File: DOTM MONTH 1 RESULTS.jpg (746KB, 1921x3074px) Image search: [Google]
DOTM MONTH 1 RESULTS.jpg
746KB, 1921x3074px
Gaze upon it in all its glory
>>
>>33822614
Neat. Looks good. So for the Sweet 16 this month, are we just posting index cards? Do they need to be white?
>>
>>33822695
any 3"x5" box works for me.
I would encourage folks to post their target and report their starting distance and the last distance they hit at (that last distance is your "score". (So in my post here: >>33814814
26 yards was the last distance I successfully hit at, so my current PB is 26 points) If you want to report where missed shots took place that's cool too. And don't forget, missing 3 shots in a row is a wash out - 0 or no score, that way you can start at the 75 yard line and just bang through 16 shots until you clip the target.
>>
>>33822756
can't*
>>
>>33822614
By my count there are 17 unique contributors in this matrix, /k/ is such a noguns shithole lol
>>
File: _facebook_1470331180621.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
_facebook_1470331180621.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
>>33822614
>That fucking jennings
Oh gawd my sides
>>
File: 20170501_115345.jpg (4MB, 3763x1658px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_115345.jpg
4MB, 3763x1658px
>>33822756
Roger dodger.
I keep getting confused on who's who here, but if you're the P30 guy, I think I've settle on just using the large back and side straps. I've also sinned in changing my grip to have my support index finger wrap around the trigger guard. It's frowned upon by the highest of speed operators on /k/, but its more comfortable and I can manage recoil better.
>>
>>33823369
I'm the P30L guy (spammer of videos & Targets/maker of macro images), but the anon who you were discussing backstraps with is the Git Gud Guide anon / LAPDSWAT anon
>>
File: 1492142252360.jpg (116KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492142252360.jpg
116KB, 960x960px
>>33818564
>>33818615
>>33818661

Sorry GGG didn't mean to buly you last night, I was outta line

>alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of my life's problems
>>
File: 20170501_125150.jpg (597KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_125150.jpg
597KB, 2048x1152px
Well, new month new drill. Here's my first attempt with my winter carry P01, shot hardmode from aiwb.

Started at the 15 and crapped out at 20.
>>
>>33823897
And since I wouldn't be the Contender Guy without shooting it with my Contender, here's the ezmode run with it.
>started at 50, missed once at 63, ended at 65
>>
File: 20170501_131627.jpg (529KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_131627.jpg
529KB, 2048x1152px
>>33824197
Fug forgot pic
>>
>>33823897
good to have you back cg

Do you like the drill?

Are you shooting first shot DA/everything else SA? Or all DA or all SA? Are you going to shoot it more with your P01?

It looks like there are 6 hits on the paper, wouldn't that put you at the 21?
>>
>>33824381
Im not counting that little nick at the top.

All shots DA from decocked gun from concealment. I'm well within par times, especially at longer yardage.

And yeah, heres attempt 2. Shot ezmode SA. Started again at 15.
>card tore in half taking off my backer, fug
>>
File: 20170501_134145.jpg (543KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_134145.jpg
543KB, 2048x1152px
>>33824429
God dammit forgot pick again
>>
>>33824429
>Im not counting that little nick at the top.
I would have, a hit is a hit is a hit

Oh cool didn't realize you were running this hard mode - excellent work
>>
I should be able to shoot this this evening. Hard mode here I come...
>>
Life support bump
>>
>>33825354

Unfortunately, work got in the way. Looking like this weekend now.
>>
>content bump
So for those looking for a cheap way to do target backers or stands, it just so happens that a USPS large flat rate box (which are free, just don't take them ALL) has pretty much the perfect dimensions to trace and cut out your own IDPA silhouettes.

Once assembled they make an okay target stand as well, especially if you can set them on a hill or something (make sure there's a backstop behind it).

I cut up a bunch of Amazon Prime boxes for target backers today, got sick of the super ragged holes my 1911 was leaving. Vast improvement.
>>
>>33828533
I was trying to count up your ez mode score but I lost track, how'd it work out?
>>
>>33828555
29 yards with 14 hits. Missed the second and last shots.
>>
>>33828599
nice, setting the bar high
>>
>>33828533

FWIW, pizza boxes make good USPSA clones as well.

You can measure out the dimensions if you want -- they're available in the rule book -- but I just used a real one and traced them.
>>
>>33828639
I don't eat enough pizza to bother with, and the Amazon or USPS boxes are free.

Also the USPS boxes have the major dimensions already creased for you.
>>
>>33828708
Am I a sucker for just paying the 30 cents or so from action targets for USPSA metrics? They seem to last forever..

That said I did build 3 home made IDPA targets because of a drill I wanted to do, cardboard is definitely everywhere.
>>
>>33829797
I'd say no, if you use them regularly.

A DIY one may be free but involves a fairly significant amount of time if you actually draw out the scoring zones (and ink/sharpie, while remarkably cheap due to how long a pen lasts, still isn't completely free). They're good for doing one-off drills but if you use them regularly it'd be a pain in the ass to make enough to get by with.
>>
>>33829797

All I use the cardboards for are sillouhette-shaped backers. I have a portable target stand I built from PVC pipe in my trunk, and I'll keep a couple of cardboards back there as well.

As should be obvious from my past writings, there's probably half a ream of B8 printouts and a few packs of 3x5s thrown in as well... The truth is I can do about 90% of all pistol drills with those two things.
>>
>>33830076
I'm in the same boat but also I always have a bunch of FASTs as the B8 and 3x5 and FAST all kinda bleed into each other
>>
>>33830137
>>33830076
And here I am with a trunk full of 4" tall metal chickens...
>>
>>33830183

I saw chickens and got excited.

I *think* there's still enough room for a particular client of mine.
>>
File: jN57tGt_u18chan.png (87KB, 328x436px) Image search: [Google]
jN57tGt_u18chan.png
87KB, 328x436px
>>33830281
I'm afraid to ask why you got excited over chickens.

Pic related.
>>
Seems like the regulars are more interested in hard mode - definitely floats my boat, I'll try not to wash out next attempt.

Sucks we can't capture the larger audience here, that said we shouldn't give up. Let's keep promoting and incentivizing participation as best we can.

>>33830183

I'm too autistic, but I think you are making a joke? My initial instinct is to start talking about how I love steel targets but I hate hauling them around and never built good target carriers for them.
>>
>>33830936
Well that makes sense.

This being 4chan and us literally having a deerfucking thread as the most active thread on the board over the course of 10 hours I was a bit...concerned...over why a random guy on the internet would claim to get "excited about chickens".

Yeah steel targets are a pain in the dick to transport. Fortunately, mine are the quarter-size rimfire ones so I can get 10 in a plastic milk crate and it not be too heavy to move easily.

On a related tangent, the range that I use for all my centerfire silhouette shooting has a 5th-wheel trailer with two boat derricks on it with swing arms to move the ~300lb full-size buffalo silhouettes.
>and people wonder why it takes a top-center hit with a .45-70 to knock them down at 300 yards
>>
>>33830936
Oh, also, while I DID shoot hardmode, I intend to mainly shoot the regular mode.

I can't figure out a way to shoot hardmode with my Contender due to how the (only holster made for it) has retention and its draw angle, I simply can't even get the weapon ready to fire within the split times. Further, I don't have holsters for the majority of my "good" handguns and would be stuck shooting it with my P01 or LC9s, a significant handicap due to much shortened sight radius.

I do intend to shoot hardmode with my recently procured SBH though, I just need to source some ammo for it while waiting for reloading components to arrive.
>cowboy mode: engaged
>>
>>33830875

There's this really fucking awesome hot chicken place in the city I recently moved to, and I kind of really wanted some after reading about chickens. I still do as a matter of fact.

Also, speed-reading the post, I didn't see "metal chickens," just chickens, and thus got intrigued as to why you may be transporting poultry.

>>33830936

For my part, I've spammed the Git Gud thing in a few threads. Views have jumped a little bit. Hopefully it'll generate some interest.
>>
File: 2015-07-25 14.48.19.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-25 14.48.19.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Could anyone post last month's drill?

I figure I should keep a backlog of these so I can run these once I get enough ammo put aside.
>>
>>33831390

Obligatory plug for Git Gud: it's in there in the list of drills.

Having said that, the process is:

String 1) 25yds, 4 minutes. Fire ten rounds slow fire.
String 2) 15yds, two strings. Fire five rounds in 15 seconds. Repeat once.
String 3) 15yds, two strings. Fire five rounds in 10 seconds. Repeat once.
>>
File: 2015-07-22 21.48.40 (1).jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-22 21.48.40 (1).jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33831424

Danke.

I realized that I have my P64 and plenty of ammo for it and could've been doing drills with that all along...
>>
File: 1491176079029.png (2MB, 1800x2475px) Image search: [Google]
1491176079029.png
2MB, 1800x2475px
>>33831390
Here's the old OP macro
>>
File: 1490563653723.jpg (119KB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1490563653723.jpg
119KB, 1200x1650px
>>33831515
Printer friendly target bump
>>
File: S16 5 2 17.jpg (75KB, 996x747px) Image search: [Google]
S16 5 2 17.jpg
75KB, 996x747px
I was at the range a 6am trying to get some WML activation reps in, fucking asshole sun spoiled my fun.

Did 1 HMS16 - kind sloppy but all in all I'm encouraged - I was better with the par times, I didn't wash out and I'm doing a better job of cleaning up the sight picture (most of the misses were 2 in a row at the closer ranges believe it or not)

Started at the 8 yard line, made 7 hits, last successful hit was at the 14

I'm feeling like if I have the right state of mind I can start at the 10 and get mostly hits, we will see.

I'm pilfering scrap cardboard from work and grabbing some note cards today (don't feel like wasting USPSA metrics) - these decal boxes shatter when struck.
>>
hey ggg i suggested your hard mode to M.W. - hopefully we will see it as a DOTW

Sorry for not asking permission first
>>
>2 days into new drill
>3 people have already shot it
GJ, keep it up! If we can manage to hold this rate for another week we'll have doubled the participation of the whole of last month!
>>
>>33833823
I think it's just me and you CG

I shot it ez mode & hardmode over the weekend and shot it once hard mode this morning

I'll be farming it all month most likely (both modes) as it's certainly effective practice and round count doesn't rape my wallet

(my pics always have ht eP30L w/ TLR-1 HL hanging out on the peripheral)
>>
>>33834080
aww damn. I thought the weekend shooter was a third person.
>>
>>33835438
godspeed
>>
>>33835438
Do eet!

Anyway, tried with my good 1911 today.
>start at 50 yards
>3 misses in a row, bolo/score of zero
damn
>start at 25 yards
>hit
>hit
>3 misses in a row
double damn

Oh, also, I'm not counting the nick in that first target because I didn't fucking see it and didn't move the target back.
>>
>>33836227
Lord those are some deep starting distances kek

Good luck sir, just helps motivate me to push out further, I'll step up starting distance from 15 to 20 next time - that's probably where I'm going to run into problems, we'll see.
>>
File: 20170502_122526.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170502_122526.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>33836256
Oh I was just fucking around, wasn't actually expecting to hit a fucking note card at 50 yards with an iron-sighted pistol. I was up to my farm to check on the flooding (pic related), realized I had it in the car with me so stuck one on a branch on one of my terraces and had at it.
>>
>>33836325
Wow when you say flooded... You need a canoe or something kek
>>
>>33836365
The white line on the right side of the road is a 6' tall chain link fence.

I have one field that I estimate is about 45 feet under water, considering the water's over the top of the first terrace and it's a ~30 foot slope to the lowest spot in the field from the bottom of that terrace (which itself is 8 feet tall)
>>
File: doitfgt.gif (360KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
doitfgt.gif
360KB, 160x120px
>>33836402
bust out the fishing rod, or if they're close to the surface use the contender
>>
>>33836818
I've tried shooting fish before.

It went about as messily as I imagined it would.

I do have a bowfishing rig though. Once the current dies down some I'll try it, and towards the end of the flood when I've got approximately a gorillion carp stranded in the field I'll have a heyday.
>>
>>33838087
poor suffocating mass graves of fish - I'm a softie, that makes me sad, fishing or bow fishing is awesome, but just mass death and rotting is disappointing.

>tfw getting heated in the CZ based "groups" thread that's up and running

Why do I get myself in to this shit

I'm getting much more consistent activating my WML during FASTs - problem is my times and occasionally my accuracy are suffering a bit still
>>
>>33833590

No big deal. I don't care about credit.

It's looking like it'll be closer to this weekend for when I get to shoot. Just pulled my second 12-hour day today, and the rest of the week isn't looking any better. Sometimes I hate working at the circus.
>>
File: 20170502_203512.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170502_203512.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Wanted to try lasts months, but never had the time/appropriate weather.

Started at the 5 yard line and made it to 10 before dropping 3 in a row :(

At least my personal best will be easy to improve on.
>>
File: skilled pistol practice.webm (3MB, 362x480px) Image search: [Google]
skilled pistol practice.webm
3MB, 362x480px
>>33839135
No where to go but up m8! Nice work using your carry gun too.

You are certainly free to shoot and post your FBI bullseye qualifications - we are so strict here and I'd love to see what you can do!
>>
Second night in a row of 100 dry fire presentations as I re-acquaint myself with the Grip Force Adapter. The web of my hand's getting the callouses back.
>>
>>33839638
Nice anon

I don't count my reps because I'm a space case but I got dem pistol shooter hands callouses too, love it.
>>
>>33839675

The GFA has a different hot spot thana the OEM backstrap, thus the new callous.

I've had them before, but after about a year and a half of no GFA, my hand was down to the one on my palm and the one on my knuckle.
>>
>>33839702
why'd you decide to switch back to it after initially scrapping it?
>>
>>33839746

Recoil control.

Reason for switching away: I have smedium hands. The SF configuration on the Gen 4s felt comfy after many years of using a GFA, especially after switching to an APEX trigger when I was using a 19. Went to a 17, ditched the trigger, kept the no-GFA.

Reasons for switching back: most pistols leave a void between the top of the backstrap and my grip. Filling that out helps me. A longer front-to-back grip has consistently been better for recoil management for me (I used the large backstrap on the PPS when I had it, the large backstrap/small sides on the P30s, tracked down old school grips to replace the E2s on my P226...) as I can get more of my left hand on the gun. The slight change in grip angle is a little easier to press out more consistently. The beavertail cuts down on some of the muzzle flip.

Gonna try it out live fire to confirm but I think it's gonna work well. If not, it didn't cost me any money I already hadn't spent: when I put that ad up seeking a second GFA for my practice gun, I had two different people offer theirs for free.
>>
This *should* be a rather good modcast (live now): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPHwiLzjfFU

It has Chuck Haggard, Cecil Burch, and Varg Freeborn -- all at once.

Also, my Dark Star Gear holsters and PHLster TDI sheath should both be delivered tomorrow. In the case of the DSG holsters, I'm about ready to strangle the USPS worker who delivers it. No tracking update for a week, they finally acknowledge they have it Monday, has been frozen in place since yesterday but I'm expecting it to end up with a bunch of updates tonight and be out for delivery in the morning.
>>
So, technical question on doing hardmode.

I have an old-model Super Blackhawk. I have two holsters for it, a traditional open-top cowboy holster and belt and the other a shoulder holster with spring retention intended for hunting. Obviously, it's a single action revolver, and it's got a fuckoff-long barrel (8 3/8").

If I were to shoot hardmode with it, would I take the time penalty for non-concealed, no-retention or would that be waived since I have to cock the gun and I've got nearly a foot of draw stroke due to the long barrel?

Sitting here practicing with the cowboy rig I can consistently get on a wall-dot in around 3/4ths of a second at a distance of a few feet, haven't tried the shoulder rig for speed yet.
>>
>>33840139

I'm not familiar with SA revolvers at all apart from knowing that you must thumb back the hammer.
My gut says that being forced to thumb the hammer is roughly equivalent to defeating a retention device.

But... your drawstroke from grip in the holster to hammer cocked, sights on target, full grip established is .75 seconds?
>>
>>33840225
Drawstroke from standing hands at side to hammer cocked sights ROUGHLY on a target a few feet away with single-handed "cowboy" grip/stance is 0.75 seconds, yes.

I used to shoot a lot of SASS, which is why I have the holster to start with. I have no idea how accurate I'll be at any kind of distance but it sounds like fun.
>>
>>33840272

Hmm. I think it's reasonable in your case to go with the retention holster times, given the fact that you must perform an additional manipulation prior to shooting.

How does the draw compare to, say, your P01 in its normal holster?
>>
>>33840307
Radically different. The cowboy holster sits in about the same spot a properly worn dropleg does, my hand in a natural standing position hovers just outside the grip so it's simply grab and go. I carry the P01 strongside IWB at about 3:30, I can't draw it nearly as fast. I'm over 1 second with it although I haven't timed myself.
>>
>>33840325

That's the one thing I was concerned about.

I dunno man -- try it out for real. If it turns out to be a radically unfair advantage, you'll know pretty quick.
>>
And now that I brought it up I've been fucking with the shoulder holster.

There's no way in hell I could make even the retention par time with it, holster just doesn't let go easy enough and if I go too fast the snaps on the belt loop let go and I end up with a still-holstered gun jammed halfway through a draw. Maybe with a few months of consistent practice, but not in time for this month's drill.

Plus side is apparently I can do weak-hand draw almost as well with it for some reason.
>>
File: 20170409_093201.jpg (216KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_093201.jpg
216KB, 960x720px
>>33840139

I'm fine with no penalty for this, clearly you're not using a setup or design built for speed and it would only be punishing to tack on time.

That said I'm frustrated you aren't going to film and WebM/Youtube this because it sounds classy as fuck
>>
>>33840362
On the other hand I carry my LC9S AIWB and can manage sub-1-second draw times fairly easily.
>>
>>33840389
I will if I can, but I don't have anything other than my phone to do it with so it may end up pretty potato.
>>
>>33840389
me here should have read >>33840325 first.

Actually does kind of sound built for speed lol, go with ggg's advise freakin shoot it and if your blindingly faster than your P01 scores tack on the penalty
>>
>>33840391

On what target, at what range?
>>
File: autismofury.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
autismofury.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>33840418
jesus christ my grammar errors
>>
>>33840429
index card and ~7 yards.
>>
>>33839202
I've never seen someone actually have slide bite on their face.
>>
>>33840972
What's that supposed to mean? Are you a misogynist?
>>
>>33840991
It means I've never seen someone hold a pistol so close to their face that the slide hit them when it reciprocated.
>>
File: solid technique.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
solid technique.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>33841055
yeah right you just hate women
>>
>>33841100
That's just what a misogynist would say
>>
>>33841055
Funnily enough I see it all the fucking time, from experienced and good shooters.
>most people use single shots or revolvers for silhouette
>most of them have one big-bore semi they bring out to informal matches to play with
>they take their long-distance stance for their high-magnification LER scope from their other gun
>they forget their big-bore semi has ~4" of slide travel
>take it in the face
I watched a guy knock out all 4 front teeth with his Deagle brand Deagle because he was used to shooting an Encore, despite having ~30 years' experience and being regionally competitive.

On that note, I've been kinda-sorta wanting to build a .460 Rowland or .400 corbon for a while now. I might actually get around to it some day.
>>
File: guardl33tskills.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
guardl33tskills.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>33841448

touche
>>
>>33841649
what the actual fuck.
>dat perp roll
This is like a comedy of errors except someone dies.
>guard gets super fast unholster
>promtly shoots the roof 2 feet in front of him
>>
>>33841697
He probably got the 'Fuck, I need to shoot this guy' and 'fuck, I need to find cover' signals muddled.

With some more training he could have done it a bit smoother but a guard job at a bank probably doesn't cover flying over to a decent class.
>>
File: strong grip.webm (279KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
strong grip.webm
279KB, 400x400px
>>33841697
robber got kilt in da streetz

could be worse, related

we are (now that I posted this) 10 out from bump limit and destined for auto sage. I'm wiped for the night, should I make the new thread now or do you guys have a handle on it? Or do we wait and coast through the Euro hours with only life support bumps?
>>
>>33841766
Meh. I'll make a new one in the morning.
>>33841761
Oh most likely. And yeah, at least around here armed security pays a buck or two over minimum wage (if you're making $10 an hour you've either been with the company a while or got REALLY lucky), there's no way he actually gets to train on the company dime and judging by his age and...overweightness...I doubt he trains on his own dime.
>>
File: 1492387359647.webm (3MB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
1492387359647.webm
3MB, 1000x424px
>>33841846
cool m8 - I'm bushwhacked
>>
>>33842049
What film?!
>>
New thread up

>>33844749
>>33844749
>>33844749
>>33844749
>>33844749

Genuinely surprised this lived through the night with only 1 bump. Must be a slow day.
>>
>>33842049
>9mm MP5
>makes suppressor that's around 5.56
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.