[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think a Marine and a Jap ever engaged in a sword fight in WWII?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1472151580449.gif (66KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
1472151580449.gif
66KB, 700x355px
Do you think a Marine and a Jap ever engaged in a sword fight in WWII?
>>
>sword fight
Is that some kind of sex shit?

Are you talking about sex shit?
>>
Yeah they're called "bayonets"
>>
>>33802812
Probably one crazy motherfucker, there was a guy that killed people with a longbow in WW2.
Don't know who would win.
What I do know is that .45 > katana
>>
File: roight fuckin sick cunt.jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
roight fuckin sick cunt.jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>33802825
Yeah, Futanari Fencing.
>>
>>33802812
No.
>>
File: 1905.jpg (119KB, 253x796px) Image search: [Google]
1905.jpg
119KB, 253x796px
Probably not
>>
Wasn't there a britsh ship that fought someone with sabers during WWII?
>>
>>33804125
The Altmark Incident
>>
>>33802848
Jack Churchill. Only guy to kill a German on the western front with a longbow
>>
>>33806268
Also carried a claymore and bagpipes
>>
>>33803281

My recollection is that by the 1940s, the Japanese were mostly fighting using mass produced reproduction swords.

Early in the war, I've no doubt that the Japanese were far superior in swordsmanship, but their officer corps was depleted horribly by the end. So not at all a slam dunk who wins.

Though I'd imagine two things usually prevailed:

1. Japanese officers by far trained more in swordsmanship. So they'd have an advantage.

2. After Pearl Harbor, America's view was that the Japanese were lying sneaking cowards, and that all their talk of being honorable warriors was self-serving bullshit. So a marine challenged to honorable single combat would assume that the Japanese soldier had some kind of treachery in mind and wouldn't accept. That's just how people saw them.

Later in the war, troops had learned more about their enemy, but word had gotten out of the atrocities and treatment of POWs.

Some of this is from conflicting interpretations of how honorable warriors are supposed to behave. But that's how it was seen.
>>
>>33806304
Don't forget a guy coming at you with 3 feet of sharpened steel is pretty scary. You aren't going to be thinking about how skilled he is with a sword.
>>
>>33806566
skill is kinda a red herring anyway when it comes to hand to hand combat in the field. Outside of a formal duel, pure aggression is often more effective than skill.
>>
>>33806304
If I had to guess this would be a battle in the Russo-Japanese war pre WWI
WWII Russians would just run them over with a tank
>>
>>33806588
because muscle memory isnt a thing?
>>
>>33802860
That was a great manga.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.