[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poly or lacquer coated steel case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 7.62.jpg (109KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
7.62.jpg
109KB, 750x562px
Does it really gum up your gun or is this just fuddlore?
>>
Wolf is great, way better than tula.
>>
>>33801856
Does what what what? Are you talking about how brass expands more than steel? I think you're talking about how brass expands more than steel.
>>
>>33801889
Oops, that being said if youre shooting from an ak or sks they're more than capable of extracting.

>this thread
>'does this ammo a company make not work with guns that shoot the ammo?'
Are you an idiot.
>>
I love lacquer coated.
>>
>>33801856
>fuddlore
fudds know more than basement dwelling tacticool mall ninja faggots do. plus they vote.
check mate, atheist.

#fudd4lyfe
>>
>>33801901
You're an idiot. He's asking if the lacquer coating can gum up. It can if you get the gun hot enough. Although even then I've only had issues with a couple of rounds failing to eject out of 1000s
>>
Does the lacquer or poly coating melt and gum up inside the gun?
>>
>>33801951
No I got that. They're not wax coated or anything it is a non-issue that he is dumb for asking about. Either you shoot it for a bit and notice a bit of extra rust or feel something in the actual shot being different... There is no fucking set standard.
>>
>>33801856
Both are fine to shoot, but polymer coating is crap and will give you rusted cases in a damper environment.
>>33801936
>fudds know more than basement dwelling tacticool mall ninja faggots do
In this case, the basement dwellers probably know more as they've come back to rusty ammo when they stocked up on poly case.
>>
>>33801856
Lacquer is a polymer......
>>
>>33802068
whether that's true or not, lacquer case is not at all the same as polymer case
>>
>>33802094
Yes it is.

You're confusing polymer with whatever plastic they use to coat the steel.
Literally buying into the marketing team trying to bastardize the word so they don't have to call it what it is.
Literally equivalent to calling brass cases mineral cases
>>
>>33802094
its true. lacquer is not a monomer.

found the public school kids that failed hs chem
>>
>>33802141
>Literally equivalent to calling brass cases mineral cases
Minerals arn't metals.

Minerals are literally polymers.
>>
>>33802165
i'll even go one step further and say it matters not whether its nitrocellulose lacquer or acrylic
>>
File: rekt.jpg (7KB, 389x130px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
7KB, 389x130px
>>33802165
>>33802141

REKT
E
K
T
>>
>>33801856
>Does it really gum up your gun
No. It does not.
>or is this just fuddlore?
No. AR fags, neckbeards, and all kinds of other morons also think this.

Gun people are stupid as hell.
>>
>>33802220
Hey zed. Well no to be honest, ar fags think shooting steel case is what the cause is; but in reality, they just bought shitty or out of spec ars.
Do you guys have a new tinychat or something>?
>>
>>33802250
Naah, Tinychat is dead. Nothing but drug addicts and dindus there now. Everyone is scattered to various other shit.

I kinda wandered back in here because all that other shit was so boring.
>>
>>33802271
Welcome back to the biggest shit show on the internet then.
>>
File: sks bolt face.jpg (24KB, 494x659px) Image search: [Google]
sks bolt face.jpg
24KB, 494x659px
>>33801856
Yes, with most guns no but with free floating firing pins it can cause the gun to go full auto by getting in the firing pin hole and it pretty much turns the gun into a open bolt that cant be controlled.

>>33802220
actually your wrong, on most guns it wont cause a problem but on guns with free floating firing pins like the sks it can gum up the firing pin and cause the gun to go full auto.

Ive seen it before. It happens with alot of use and no cleaning. Ive heard it can also cause issues with the extractor but i havent seen it.
>>
>>33802425

>on most guns it wont cause a problem but on guns with free floating firing pins like the sks it can gum up the firing pin
>herpidy dip derp doopidey hurp durp!
You're aware the AK and the AR have floatin firing pins, right?

Of course you're not. You're a fucking idiot.

That ammo was DESIGNED for the SKS and AK. Moron.

Fucking gun people are stupid as SHIT I swear to Crist.
>>
File: 1461645818227.jpg (615KB, 2552x3493px) Image search: [Google]
1461645818227.jpg
615KB, 2552x3493px
>>33801856
The lacquer coating on the case will (in my experience) not deposit, but lacquer seals around the primer and bullet will (mostly on the bolt face, but also in the chamber).

Any excessive wear is caused by the hardness of parts like the extractor not being designed to handle something as hard as mild steel. For firearms that are designed to shoot steel or those which have sufficiently strong internals it is theoretically not an issue.

In practice, steel ammo often comes with less-than-ideal loads, either being underloaded or loaded with powder that burns too fast which accelerates wear on your barrel.
>>
>>33802460
Not all AK rifles have floating firing pins.

Many of the Arsenal rifles use spring-loaded ones.
>>
>>33802165
What compound is lacquer then?
>>
>>33802460
i forgot to mention the design of the bolt face and how the firing pin is designed.

U mad bro?
>>
>>33802485
>either being underloaded or loaded with powder that burns too fast which accelerates wear on your barrel.
This is also incorrect.
accelerated barrel wear from steelcase occurs because steelcase ammo ususally has a bimetal jacket on the bullet, which is harder than the soft gilding material used in the bullets typically loaded into brass-cased ammo.

The powder has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>33802676
That is one possible factor, but even bimetal jackets have a relatively soft jacket compared to the bore lining. The wear they cause is negligible compared to that caused by powder burn rate. Here's just one source to confirm, but you should know this if you are familiar with precision rifles where often a rifle and cartridge is considered by its useful barrel life (.270 Win being a popular example).

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/
>>
File: middle-finger.jpg (23KB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
middle-finger.jpg
23KB, 316x320px
>>33802785
You should really read things before you post thime as "sources"

From the article you posted:
>"As indicated by accuracy testing, the steel cased/bimetal jacketed ammunition caused accelerated wear to the inside of their respective bores."

Dumbass.
>>
File: 1472439214669.jpg (106KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
1472439214669.jpg
106KB, 640x430px
>>33802894
Cool your jets, I never disputed that point; everything I have said stands.

Read it over again if you want, it's a good source.
>>
File: 258744.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
258744.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>33802174
>this nigger failed chemistry 101
Holy fuck kid, no they're not. Polymers are isomer chains AKA by definition organic. Minerals are inorganic crystalline solids. The only organic solid that is sometimes called a mineral are diamonds.

Lacquer is not a mineral. It's a polymer. It's generally composed of organic petrol products.
>>
>>33803295
>Lacquer is not a mineral
And nobody maid this claim.
>>
>>33802996
> I never disputed that point;

You literally said:
>"The wear they cause is negligible compared to that caused by powder burn rate."
and the link you posted said:
>"As indicated by accuracy testing, the steel cased/bimetal jacketed ammunition caused accelerated wear to the inside of their respective bores."

So, we all know you're dumb now, the only question is HOW dumb exactly. Please keep posting so that we may get a measure of it. Truly, you are dumb even by 4chan standards, and that is REMARKABLE. I want to make a study of you.

Is your IQ over 85?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.