[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utah Reintroducing Firing Squads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 18

Well, our new President's catchphrase *is* "you're fired", after all.
https://heatst.com/politics/utah-to-use-firing-squads-in-upcoming-executions/

What does /k/ think of this? What would your preferred technical details be?
>>
don't several states still have firing squads?
>>
>>33801495
Good. A few bullets is far cheaper than a lethal injection or the electric chair. Still say a guillotine would be more cost effective for the same painlessness.
>>
>>33801495
Id rather be Mozambique'd by a 65 yo fudd with a 1911
>>
>>33801495
the more medieval the punishment the better, for certain levels of scum

fuck letting child-rapist-murderers have time to regret what theyve done and die thinking they got right with jesus while they were rotting in prison
>>
>>33801495
Why don't we just let the condemned choose how they want to die? There would be no more debate about how humane it is if they're allowed to choose.
>>
>>33801530
True painlessness would be getting your head crushed by a hydraulic hammer
>>
>>33801547
Why would we give some barely literate ape with no sense of self-control a choice in how it dies?
>>
>>33801547
>tfw death by snu snu
>>
>>33801495
>Only execution method with a 0% botch rate
>Liberals will say its inhumane

Really activates your almonds.
>>
>>33801530
It's not so much about the price of the drugs used, it's about the paperwork, legality, and pain. With a firing squad you can eliminate the "bad batch of medicine" or "improperly maintained equipment" unless you have some low powder round or someone pull their shot. One of the biggest issue with lethal injection is that it needs to be painless, or it breaks the 8th amendment (cruel and unusual punishment).
>>
>>33801551
The problem is that for some people the only "humane" way to kill someone is:
>instant
>painless
>clean
And that is basically impossible
>>
>>33801495
about damn time, if you can't handle a few seconds of pain once in your life you weren't long for this world anyway.

Plus if they fuck it up, more ammo is cheap and easy to come by.
>>
File: 1492027060191.jpg (152KB, 800x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1492027060191.jpg
152KB, 800x1335px
>>33801575
Has anyone ever botched a guillotine?

Were there too many aristocrats in the head-hole at once?
>>
I vote for muffin monster executions. Just push the fucker down a tube that leads to this. quick and composts the waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwxiA7DXTY
>>
>>33801495
>hand loaded rounds to ensure consistency
>minimum 5 man squad
>3 live rounds 2 blanks (so no man can feel the guilt of taking a life as the squad won't know who had live vs blank)
>15' range
>executed will wear black hood to conceal face (further distancing the idea of killing a man)
>executed tied to post but allowed to stand to maintain a sense of dignity

Just a few ideas to start. Most likely already applied or thought of.
>>
>>33801599
Any guillotine execution could be considered botched by the standard that victims generally live for a few seconds in severe agony after the blade falls, but even then there can be instances of the blade getting hung up and not properly severing the head, requiring them to re-lift for a second go.

It seems like a hard thing to fuck up, but remember that they've also managed to fail to sedate people during lethal injection, as though they couldn't just give ten or twenty times the recommended dose of anesthetic with no real consequences.
>>
>>33801599
I'm sure it has been botched before.
>dull blade
>blade doesn't strike squarely on the neck
>poor blade geometry leading to a poor cut

Just a few possibilities.
>>
Just use an exit-bag.
>>
>>33801575
>0% botch rate
>firing squad

Horseshit.

>>33801650
>guillotine
>victims generally live for a few seconds

Horseshit.

>>33801530
> A few bullets is far cheaper than a lethal injection or the electric chair.

Horseshit. The wage bill for a firing squad is going to be through the roof.
>>
If it were me, honestly just have someone shoot me in the back of the head. Maybe do it at a 90° angle with me facing front and center, aiming right at the brain stem. Then I can have a sorta open casket. Idk. Truly I hate all this debate about humane execution. They weren't super concerned with being human when they murdered someone
>>
>>33801495
I think that going ISIS way is better option. Make it public, make it big. Death penalty carried out in secret is no deterrent, but blow a dudes had of with a 20mm on national TV and niggers will take notice.
>>
>>33801495
>What does /k/ think of this?
prevents the problem arkansas had

also,you dont have a right to a pain-free death that looks pretty. we're putting you to death becuase you're an unredeemable piece of shit. i frankly hope its as painful as possible.
>>
>>33801700
>pain-free death that looks pretty

Execution by lethal injection is designed specifiably to "look pretty" and not upset the witnesses, to reduce the amount of thrashing and to not have blood and brain all over the place.
>>
>>33801688
>horseshit the post
>>
Why don't we just use captive bolt guns for executions?
>>
>>33801690
I think firing squad is the most dignified way to go unless you are a fucking coward. Better to be executed than be put to death like a fucking dog.
>>
>>33801688
>>guillotine
>>victims generally live for a few seconds
>Horseshit.
They still die quickly but a severed head can still try to make words or even move the eyes to look at people, that shit can haunt you.

http://www.livescience.com/39219-can-severed-head-live.html
>>
>>33801721
Use your peanut brain. You need the firing squad plus alternates on standby for days on end, often into the middle of the night.

>court rulings
>last minute clemency shit
>other fuckery

They have to pay the enhanced wages for 8 men, hour after hour, for what is 5 minutes work. Overtime, distress pay. Then they will start coming back years later saying "ow by head hurts from killing" then going on disability and start suing the state. The corrections system is a pork barrel and this is one more way that they can get their beak into it.
>>
>>33801688
"Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds … I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased.The face relaxed, the lids half closed on the eyeballs, leaving only the white of the conjunctiva visible, exactly as in the dying whom we have occasion to see every day in the exercise of our profession, or as in those just dead.It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: ‘Languille!’ I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions … Next Languille’s eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves … After several seconds, the eyelids closed again, slowly and evenly, and the head took on the same appearance as it had had before I called out.It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.

I have just recounted to you with rigorous exactness what I was able to observe. The whole thing had lasted twenty-five to thirty seconds."
>>
>>33801495
Ill shoot people in the head for money and ill be cheap as fuck.
>>
>>33801593
burning lots of coal in a airtight room
don't even needs to be instant and there's no executioner
>>
>>33801746
Or just give some Iraqis H–1Bs and call it a day.
>>
>>33801771
Scary shit. Just being able see but not say. Fuck that. Zap me like they do in that movie Moon when the guy goes to sleep.
>>
>>33801495
Why not the noose? Good enough for Judas, good enough for Cletus. My state still uses hanging but we haven't done it in about a hundred years. We sent our last death row inmate to some other state.

Could use a guillotine like the French did until the 70s
>>
>>33801593
>And that is basically impossible
Not unless your shot manages to disconnect the brain from the brainstem. Shot placement is a requirement for quick kills, and in a controlled environment with the proper postions to ensure zero disturbances in your shot, you may as well aim small to hit small while the target is restrained or put asleep.
>>
>>33801898
Shit all this talk and I forget they use bolt guns to stun cows for slaughter. Pretty sure that can end a person.
>>
>>33801822
>burning lots of coal in a airtight room
I fail to see what having interracial sex is going to do to help. But if you get the broad who plays Iris on The Flash to volunteer, I'm at least willing to give it a try.
>>
>>33801898
Actually you just reminded me of something.

To kill cows in a slaughter house, we use a high speed piston that slams into their head and kills them instantly, why don't we just re-purpose and attach one of those onto a chair and call it a day.
>>
>>33801530
>painlessness
you're still conscious a few seconds after you got your head chopped off
>>
Gas chambers are the best method, but everyone thinks gas chambers=Hitler.
>>
>>33801947
Someone mentioned a hydraulic head crusher earlier in this thread, it seems like a good way to go if you ask me.
>>
>>33801688
>wage bill
Horseshit

They're already paid salary
>>
>>33801593
No its not there was a documentary in the UK on this and you can have painless executions through hypoxia but it gives a euphoric feeling to the victim and some say its not right for the person being executed to experience a high like that while there victims were cruelly killed vid related of a UK politician experiencing hypoxia for the documentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEJKvbpOF0
>>
>>33801980
The real problem is that you have to end the whole nervous system. Our stem don't hold consciousness but it does continue with pain. Hydro press quick crush like a bug, or laser disintegration seems viable cheap way to completely end it.
>>
File: more rage.jpg (311KB, 937x1123px) Image search: [Google]
more rage.jpg
311KB, 937x1123px
>>33801495
>What would your preferred technical details be?

If you sentence me to death, and I feel like it's a fair cop, parachute me over the middle east, and strap me with thirty pounds of HE and some packets of nails. I'll give IS some of their own medicine.
>>
>>33801947
Looking at US capital punishment, do you really think a quick, painless death is the goal?
>>
Firing squad by 00 buckshot to the head
>>
>>33801822
>>33802022
Not instant

>>33801898
Anything involving blood = not clean

Bleeding hearts have set up an impossible standard
>>
>>33802022
Heroin slip up? Anyways I'd blame the executing authority for being dumb and not catching the bastard before they fucked up. So a euphoric end as my way of saying... Fuck.
>>
>>33802025
US Foreign Legion if you'll read the manual, You can run it.
>>
File: anon gets fooled twi(...).jpg (1KB, 14x125px) Image search: [Google]
anon gets fooled twi(...).jpg
1KB, 14x125px
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Suffocation/Helium

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Toxification/Pentobarbital
>>
>>33802028
Yes. The good bad god devil ying yang cop gig is getting outmoded by new robust psyops
>>
>>33802079
Got me you bastard.
>>
File: 1493226952158.jpg (136KB, 659x630px) Image search: [Google]
1493226952158.jpg
136KB, 659x630px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzBspUE46EA
>>
>>33802079
What is this, an image for ants?
>>
>set up a chair with two tubes holding twelve gauge shells behind where the head will rest
>have inmate sit in chair
>firing mechanism is linked to a button someone presses
>after inmates head is blown off, celing sprinklers clean away blood and brain matter
>janitor working minium wage cleans up body

Execution room for the price of some firesprinklers, 12 gauge shells, and some wiring.
>>
>>33802240
Nah, the whole room is self sanitizing for the price of three fiddy.
>>
>>33801530
>>33801551
>>33801593
>>33802022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfsMMVgIToA
>>
>>33802025
>not getting strapped to a MOAB Ripper style
>>
I'm fine with it.

Rope is cheap, too.
>>
>>33802434
lol

thank you for this
>>
So what gun will they use for this?

do you get to bring your own?
>>
>>33801593
I mean if ur gonna throw clean in there, yeah

People just need to stop being little bitches and realize that death is, surprise, death. They're not "just sleeping now"

The only way for an instant, painless death is a sudden, total destruction of the brain. And that will NOT be clean
>>
>>33801688
You just learn a new word or something? And congratulations on being wrong on each one of your objections.
>>
>>33801728
I would love to see the objections to it.
>>
>>33802434
>Millions trapped as goal industry collapses

KeK top
>>
>>33802024
Pain cannot be processed by a brain that's destroyed. Good luck with your D- in biology
>>
>>33802588
>get to bring your own gun
>some jackass brings a .375 Weatherby with a 90 degree muzzle brake
>>
File: qi2r5cwgejjl.jpg (55KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
qi2r5cwgejjl.jpg
55KB, 594x396px
>>33801728
>>33802656
>>
>>33801649
The guys who fire live ammo will know the moment they pull the trigger
>>
>>33801539
So pappa hickock will use your heart as a gong?
>>
>>33801649
5 man squad 5 live rounds. Fair is fair is fair.
>>
>>33801688
>>guillotine
>>victims generally live for a few seconds
>Horseshit.
Found the retard
>>
>>33802532
>Rope is cheap, too.
This.
>>
>>33801857
If your state hasn't hung anyone in 100 years, it doesn't still use hanging.
>>
File: JDAM moment before impact.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
JDAM moment before impact.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>>33801495
>Firing squad
Not guaranteed to kill them instantly. Just drop a JDAM on top of their heads at the nearest military test range. Or, if $18k per execution sounds too expensive, do it in groups of ~10 people.
>>
>>33801524
some states still use gas
>>
>>33801495
Cheaper and more humane than lethal injection. I see no issue.
>>
>>33801963
Maybe alive, but not conscious. I'm certain the shock would knock anyone unconscious.
>>
>>33802999
>trips of
Jesus Christo this is genius. They should start doing that with expiring munitions
>>
>>33803586
How is getting shot in the heart more humane than lethal injection?
>>
>>33803702
>minites of burning fire coursing through your veins
>30 seconds of feeling your heart not work
I'd choose the latter
>>
>>33803740
Does lethal injection actually feel like that?
>>
>>33801649
>so no man can feel the guilt of taking a life
Why shouldn't they? I mean, they ARE taking a life. If you can't stomach the thought of killing a person, maybe the death penalty just isn't for you.
>>
>>33801599
It's claimed that when Louis XIV was executed it took two drops of the blade to severe his head, also it's claimed that the first blow landed on yhe back of his head rather than his neck.

People can fuck anything up.
>>
File: not this one you retard.jpg (23KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
not this one you retard.jpg
23KB, 300x261px
>>33802131
>>
File: Boardman Tree Farm.jpg (498KB, 2048x683px) Image search: [Google]
Boardman Tree Farm.jpg
498KB, 2048x683px
Just suffocate them with helium.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/03/2006_darwin_award/
>>
>>33801728
You know the bolt pistols don't kill them right? The cows, it just stuns them so they can perform a coup de grace
>>
>>33801495

Honestly if the state was going to execute me, I'd request a firing squad. I'd much rather get to see the sun one last time and have my head blown off by a .308 than get strapped to a chair in a death chamber and have poison pumped into my veins.
>>
>>33803815
I dont know, ask the ones that DIDN'T die from it.
>>
Real Fuckin NATO to the back of the head, instant, painless and it strips the people watching of the false notion that you can have the death penalty and still be civilized.
>>
>>33802532
Thanl God for Washington. I can still go to a public hanging (if anyone chooses that anymore)
>>
>>33801688
>>0% botch rate firing squad
>Horseshit.

Prove it, bitch. Name one person that survived a firing squad. Was his name Logan?

>wage bill for a firing squad is going to be through the roof

Wrong. It's just overtime for a few prison guards.
>>
File: real gas chamber.jpg (285KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
real gas chamber.jpg
285KB, 1280x960px
>>33801975

If the holohoax has taught us anything, it is how hard it is to really gas people.
>>
>>33801599
Should i be worried if this picture gives me an erection?
>>
>>33804160
>head blown off
they shoot for the heart and it's usually a machine.
>>
>>33804465
>public
nope.
>>
>>33804714

botching doesn't mean 'the guy didn't die', it means 'you shot the guy in the gut and now hes writhing on the ground'
>>
>>33801495
Why don't we just use nitrogen gas chambers?
Our lungs can't detect nitrogen the way they can with carbon dioxide, so you just lose consciousness and die without the feeling of suffocation.
>>
>>33801495
If I end up being executed I'd choose firing squad in a heartbeat.
>>
File: firing squad-army.jpg (941KB, 2400x1870px) Image search: [Google]
firing squad-army.jpg
941KB, 2400x1870px
>>33804762
>it means 'you shot the guy in the gut and now hes writhing on the ground'

What limp wristed leftist gave you that definition and why did you care what she had to say?
>>
>>33804790

whenever people say botched execution it usually means they fuck up the dosing of the injection and it ends up being a slow painful death instead of a quick one. its not like a firing squad ever missed and they were like 'welp, guess he gets to live'.
>>
>>33804764
You are now aware that "humane" animal shelters use CO2, literally torturing the animals to death

because inert gases cost more or something
>>
>>33804736
hey, that was in Odd Thomas
>>
>>33804764
I was suggesting something similar but it seems everyone else just wants to kill people or watch them die brutally to satisfy their revenge boner / psychopathic tendencies.
>>
>>33804837

its this whole 'badass executions are cool fuck liberals! >:)' mentality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ
>>
>>33804808
>whenever people say botched

Then you should correct their error.

>slow painful death

Stop jumping through their hoops. The Constitution only outlaws "cruel and unusual".
>>
>>33801495
That'd be the method I'd want.

>Die on your feet(or sitting)
>One last cigarette
>4 chances to hit (assuming 4 live rounds+1 blank)
>Open casket (they usually target the heart)
>Much less to go wrong

Plus, no anesthesiologist is going to give you the series of shots for lethal injection, what with the Hippocratic oath and all. I'd put more faith in the prison staff hitting a post-it size target on my chest, compared to a series of hypodermic injections.
>>
>>33804812
I call bullshit. A dose of phenobarbitol in a kennel is far cheaper than an airtight chamber and pumping bottled co2 while waiting for an animal to die. Look at PETAs playbook. They just kill em on the spot with downers. No mobile gas chamber
>>
>>33804869
not that guy you were responding to, but i would consider a slow painful death to be cruel
>>
File: 456457234526.png (8KB, 325x184px) Image search: [Google]
456457234526.png
8KB, 325x184px
>>33804869

no, i'm using the term botched correctly.
>>
>>33801495
Trial by combat.
>>
>>33804790
I wonder how many of those guys missed on purpose.
>>
>>33804898
>slow painful

How slow? A second? A minute? How painful? Getting kicked in the junk painful? The problem with being so vague is that bleeding heart leftists will abuse those words to outlaw all types of execution.
>>
>>33804973

i would consider a minute slow considering we could easily just spray fentanyl in their face and kill them quick and painlessly
>>
>>33804973
Any more than it needs to be. If we have the tech and know-how to make executions quick, painless, then we should do so(assuming it doesn't cost an absurd amount). Using a method that can be inconsistent and cause needless pain just because "fuck libs n fuck criminals" is stupid and childish.
>>
>>33801547
>tfw when death by old age
>>
>>33804714
https://youtu.be/05j25PHA7l8
there was one botched attempt at firing squad here is the song the survivor wrote about it
>>
>>33805064
>Any more than it needs to be
>tech

What "tech"? If you were any more vague, then you would be speaking in riddles.

>needless pain
>"fuck libs n fuck criminals" is stupid and childish

Your virtue signaling disgusts me.
>>
>>33802999
>>33803601
>Execution by JDAM
Fund this!

>>33804973
Well, just to interject as a third party, getting shot in the gut is a pretty slow way to die. As for the pain, I don't actually have to speculate, since a friend shot himself in the gut when he was fucking around with a gun and caused an ND (he now handles them very safely). He said it was "the worst pain ever".

Which is kinda vague, but I didn't feel like pressing him on it.
>>
>>33805113
>What "tech"?

just use the same thing they use at slaughterhouses, big ol' pneumatic hammer to the temple.
>>
>>33805113
Not that guy, but your lack of reading comprehension disgusts me. He said...
>inconsistent and cause needless pain
Referring to failed/botched executions, not properly conducted ones.
>>
>>33805113
>What "tech"? If you were any more vague, then you would be speaking in riddles.

I should have said chemicals since that seems to be the best way to kill quickly and painlessly.

>Your virtue signaling disgusts me.

How exactly was that virtue signaling?
>>
Lockett's failed execution occurred at Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester, Oklahoma, on April 29, 2014, after he had been tasered by staff and attempted to cut himself earlier that day.[24] A paramedic tried twice to put an IV needle into Lockett's left arm but failed.[25] She then tried to insert the needle into his brachial vein in his biceps but also failed. She asked for help from a doctor in attendance, Johnny Zellner, who tried three times to get the IV into the jugular vein in Lockett's neck but failed. He then tried the subclavian vein in Lockett's collar bone but failed again. The paramedic tried two veins in the left foot but failed. Finally Zellner managed to insert the needle in the femoral vein in the groin. Administration of the first drug midazolam, a sedative, started at 6:23 p.m CDT, but the IV dislodged from the vein and further drugs were injected into the flesh. Lockett was declared unconscious at 6:33 p.m. The two additional drugs, vecuronium bromide - a paralytic - and potassium chloride, to stop the heart from beating, were then injected even though the IV was not in a vein. At 6:36 he started to struggle violently and tried to talk, and the execution was halted at 6:56.[25] He was declared dead at 7:06 p.m. due to a heart attack.[26]
>>
File: isisbeheading2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
isisbeheading2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>33801599
watch this guy's eyes.
>>
>>33805259
good. dont try to tell me his victims didnt suffer

fuck being humane. death penalty is about retribution not justice.
>>
>>33805220
>chemicals

Leftists are against lethal injection. That proves my original point. There is no point trying to appease them. Bring back firing squads and ignore their meaningless bitching and whining.

>"fuck libs n fuck criminals" is stupid and childish

That is virtue signaling. Fighting against leftists and criminals is exactly what moral people should do. If they aren't your enemy, then you are mine.
>>
>>33801943
Holy shit well memed amigo
>>
The death penalty should only exist so long as prosecutors who commit Brady violations and witnesses who commit perjury, and snakeoil salesmen who peddle pseudoscience (looking at you, the cottage industry of bite mark analysis bullshitters) for a living are liable for the same punishment if their deception results in an innocent person being put to death.

The death penalty isn't wrong because it's barbaric to kill, but because the government cannot be trusted to kill the right people 100% of the time. Are we okay with killing the occasional innocent to satisfy your murder boner? Just use life imprisonment. It'll cost the same anyway before any of you cavemen whine about "muh taxes".
>>
>>33805259
>murderer
>rapist
>kidnapper

Boo fucking hoo
>>
>>33802999
TRIPS OF TRUTH.
>>
>>33804888
Damn more trips of truth.
>>
>>33805284
>Leftists are against lethal injection

I wasn't talking about lethal injection as it is. I assume there are other chemicals out there that can do the job better, and if not injection than asphyxiation by inert gas seems to be a good option.

> Everyone who doesn't agree with me is my enemy.

Its not virtue signaling to call childish attitudes childish.
>>
I've always wondered why lethal injections use cocktails of special-snowflake drugs, instead of just a huge dose of sedatives.

Why use sodium pentathol or whatever when you have to get the mixture just right to keep it humane when you can just pump them full of barbiturates until they OD?
>>
>>33801593
Fuck any of those niggers who say CO2 and drowning is painless. I've nearly drowned, and I damn know well how fucking painful that is.
>>
>>33805266
Yeah, you don't die right away. Your brain starves for oxygen eventually, but you're still alive. There was a scientist who tested this during the French Revolution by taking a flame to their head and watching them wince.
>>
>>33805409
>I assume there are other chemicals...

While you go work on that new invention of yours, America should go back to firing squads. Call us when you are ready. We won't hold our breathes.

>>Everyone who doesn't agree with me

Stop lying using green text.

>Its not virtue signaling to call childish attitudes childish

Childish is having pathological altruism for convicted serial killers and cannibals.
>>
>>33805514
>Childish is having pathological altruism for convicted serial killers and cannibals.
Except we don't only kill serial killers and cannibals.

Frankly we're a bit too lax with who we let the state kill.
>>
>>33805538

Just admit that you are against the death penalty. Stop wasting everyone's time asking for a "painless" method.
>>
>>33801530
The method is not the expensive part of killing someone, retard.
>>
>>33802726
>>33801649
They don't use blanks, they use wax bullets with the same weight as real ones. They're smarter than you.
>>
The major advantage of firing squads is that they're neither cruel nor unusual. We conduct warfare with an expected number of similar deaths.

I agree that it's morbid to have specially paid executioners. Just draw an assortment of prison guards each time.
>>
>>33805514
>America should go back to firing squads.

Why?

>Stop lying using green text.

>If they aren't your enemy, then you are mine.

>Childish is having pathological altruism for convicted serial killers and cannibals.

So is choosing based on what the opposition doesn't like or what gets you murder boner off.

>Just admit that you are against the death penalty. Stop wasting everyone's time asking for a "painless" method.

That wasn't even me you responded to. However I am against the death penalty, not because i'm pathologically altruist, but because it cost more than life in prison.
>>
>>33801495

Deport the prisoners in a cargo container.

Containwr is sent to a warzone and dropped into a Daesh.

On release the container releases a psychoactive gas that pushes the death row inmates aggression levels to their limit. Turning them on one another or on the ineveitable responding soldiers who sees targets.

>TheOneEndingFightScene.gif
>lastresort.mp3
>>
>>33805621
>Why?

Here we go again. Firing squads are cheap, fool proof and quick. Quick meaning they die in less than a minute. As for the bleeding heart leftists bitching and whining about it, that's the easiest to solve. Ignore them. Period.

>>Stop lying using green text

You should listen to me and stop faking quotes.

>>Just admit that you are against the death penalty. Stop wasting everyone's time asking for a "painless" method.
>I am against the death penalty

About time.

>because it cost more than life in prison

Executions are cheap. Being on death row for decades is expensive. Many die of old age on death row. The solution is simple. Limit appeals to five years. Then execute by firing squad. That will be much cheaper than life in prison.
>>
>>33805714
That sounds expensive as fuck.
>>
>>33801746
I'll sign a fucking waiver and do it for hotel and per diem. Maybe a tax credit.
>>
>>33802025
>Not having a IRL suicide squad of prisoners.

Slave army worked for the mamaluks. Yolo.
>>
>>33805739

But an effective weapon
>>
File: 1493092756182.jpg (29KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493092756182.jpg
29KB, 720x480px
>>33805735

>Cheap

Death penalty cases are not. Because even the biggest sadist politician doesn't want an innocent person killed on their watch so capital case defendants are given access to better defense attorneys, on public dime.

And then district attorneys hate losing to child rapists and murderers, because the public will fuck their shit up for letting killers go free, so they up costs by running prolonged and detailed investigations, hiring expert witnesses, paying for lab tests etc...can't afford to fuck up conviction.

And then prisons have to be built special purpose because death row inmates have nothing to lose so you need tighter security to keep their inner jihadi from causing harm to other prisoners or guards.

And the people running prisons have the same headaches as politicians with public image--insert additional costs here.

It is all very costly because decision makers are accountable.
>>
>>33804744
No...no we're totally fine. 2 people means it's normal.
>>
>>33806411
Thats good. I was worried there for a minute.
>>
>>33806094
Not to mention the 35-50 years of unlimited petitions for retrial/amnesty/probate/mistrial the public has to pay for through taxes once they're incarcerated but before they're executed, since they have to sit on death row long enough to get a "fair shake" at weaseling out of getting executed.
>>
>>33805735
>limit appeals to five years
so do you admit that you are ok with killing innocent people just to save money?
because that's what will happen if you reduce appeals
even with the insane number of appeals available now, innocent people still die
>>
File: Running_Man_Not_A_Tumor.jpg (240KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Running_Man_Not_A_Tumor.jpg
240KB, 658x370px
>>33801495
I am more the route of giving them an option of a fighting chance.
>>
Trick question, The state shouldn't have power to decide life and death.
>>
>All this discussion and nothing about the firearms?

Utah uses Winchester 1894s loaded with off the shelf Winchester Silvertips (150 grain IIRC).

>First smokeless cartridge in America is still many people's last.
>>
>>33801495
honestly would rather get executed by firing squad than chair or injection.
>>
>>33808575
I wouldnt mind being a gladiator with shield and sword/spear. Just keep upping the opponents until I die. Proceeds of the tickets/pay per view go to family left behind.
>>
>>33805434
helium ist bullshit too.
nitrogen ist the way to go.
>>
>>33805044
>fentanyl
Problem is, that shit has a lot of medical uses and when you start using it for executions, the european pharma companies that make it get their panties in a bunch and stop selling it to us, cutting off people from medication they may need.
>>
>>33801649
You can tell the difference between a live round and a blank. Unless you have people who have never shot a gun, good luck.

That being said, as someone who doesnt live in UT, how can I sign up to take a shot?
>>
Personally we should take carlins ideas and tweak it. Have the muder channel on cable, dump every person in orison on a life sentence or death sentence into an penned in field, few miles square. Within this pen, leave some knives, loaded guns, food, etc in supply drops and do the hunger game.

Out of this you eventually get the #1 psychopath. You have him fight the winner of the next season in a cage match.

The finale is the winner gets executed by nerve gas. Then you start the cycle over again.

Talk about reducing costs, hell we'll get sponsors
>>
>>33807695
Are you saying its ok for an innocent person to be incarcerated for 35 years? I'd rather be dead than a life long prisoner.
>>
>Build Arena
>Set out like Hunger Games
>Boxes in the middle contain things like:
>Guns with limited ammunition (Some are blanks)
>Knives, Swords, Katanas/Fedoras etc
>Let the games be a voluntary thing so everyone there wants to be there at least.
>Watch them fight it out
>Winner has their death sentence revoked
>New trial
>Has a new sentence based on their original crime
>The time given is halved due to his win
>Can play one more time to be set free with the deal that committing another serious crime will result in a long painful execution.

Spend a couple million of taxpayers money to build a hunger games arena for death row inmates.........I'd be fine with it.
>>
>>33810529
No see it generates income because of the advertisers.

hell include paid product placement.

>oh and Manson just shot Sparsella in the face with a Smith and Wesson 500 magnum. That is one of the most powerful handguns in the world, and being a smith and wesson you know it will work when you need it to
>>
>>33807695
>even with the insane number of appeals available now, innocent people still die

Name one. Let's see if you do better than the last dozen Anons I asked that question.
>>
>>33806411
>>33806613

make that 3 people.. this is a pattern... we're totally fine
>>
>>33803898
*XVI
>>
>>33805605

You dumbfuck the recoil would be drastically different.

Also for a wax bullet to have the same weight as a lead bullet it would need to be 10x the size. Wax and lead have drastically different densities.
>>
>>33801599
>who is Robespierre
>>
>>33802079
Don't use Helium, that shit is expensive and useful.
>>
>>33801495

I feel that firing squads should really be restricted to military executions. Hanging works well when done correctly, except for fatties. For them, just leave a 55 gallon drum of frosting in their cell and let them eat themselves into a diabetic coma.
>>
You are all looking at this in the wrong way. Most beaurocrats in charge of deciding all this are uncomfortable with using blades and guns to execute people. The best way would be some kind of table that shoots a couple hydraulic rods into your brain and brainstem and then pulls them out. Not messy, not expensive, no guilt for firing squad members, and not cruel or unusual.
>>
>>33805606
Implying i wouldnt shoot a criminal for no pay
>>
>>33805795
Worked for the Soviets Decently. Not well for the SS though.
>>
>not putting death row on a small island battle Royale style, and giving the winner false hope of freedom before giving him a A10 strafe for his troubles.
>>
>>33813971
it would be considered "inhumane" but god damn putting a bunch of hardened criminals on an island and making them duke it out would make some great tv
>>
File: FootballSportscasters.jpg (104KB, 916x603px) Image search: [Google]
FootballSportscasters.jpg
104KB, 916x603px
>>33810561
Read that with a comedic witty sportscaster tone
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.