[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Question for /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: firearm assembly.jpg (32KB, 400x315px) Image search: [Google]
firearm assembly.jpg
32KB, 400x315px
Hello /k/, I'm a young person with a fascination for firearms, I know quite a bit about them, actually. Though not much in comparison to most of you. Though my main reason for this post is to ask you lovely people where I might start when it comes to learning firearm anatomy, terminology and assembly. I know the basics of how a firearm functions and how other things like safety and magazine releases work, but I'd like to learn about all the internal parts.

If anyone could provide a link and source to where I might learn about this aside from Wikipedia, I'd be very grateful.
(I'd learn about it on Wikipedia by myself, however I don't know where to begin with the terminology and all that. Pic is also somewhat related).

Thank you for those of you that respond seriously. :)
>>
>>33800999

Nice trips. Start watching Forgotten Weapons and play World of Guns.
>>
>>33801033
This, plus watching C&Rsenal
>>
>>33800999
World of Guns is a damn fine tool. Hickok 45 is informative and fun to watch.

>checked
>>
I am a fan of Numrich's website. They have parts, part lists and blueprints for an incredible number of guns and the search tools are nifty.
>>
>>33800999
>I'm a young person

4chan 18+

buh bye
>>
Also modernfirearms dot net is a good encyclopedia of military firearms. Real oldtimer website.
>>
File: LMAO.gif (2MB, 223x158px) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.gif
2MB, 223x158px
>>33800999
>Though not much in comparison to most of you.
Know how I know you're new?

World of Guns is great. IDK, might buy a pawnshop special and try to restore it for some cheap hands on experience.
>>
>>33801097
If 18 years old is not considered young to you then you are infact a young person also
>>
>>33801033
Forgotten weapons is a good place to learn about all kinds of gun systems, from standard service rifles to obscure shit that you would have never thought existed. Also owning guns is a good way to learn about them.
>>
>>33800999
>but I'd like to learn about all the internal parts.
You fucking posted a goddamn exploded diagram of a firearm. How in the hell can you not understand how the moving parts work?

Are you 13?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.